Thread: VI Three Friends

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI Three Friends

Here are three of my friends from college, who are for the most part, in pictures all together in their "natural" setting. They have all taken the Socionics tests, so I know the type which they tested. Although I have my own perception of these "subjects" (which closesly aligns with their tested type), I would like to see how their tested type and my perception differs from from the VI perception of others who are probably more experience with VI than I am.

Since these are my college friends, I will most likely be taking these pictures down after a few days.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two more:
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my wild guesses are as follows:

guy in green: ENTp
    girl: ENFj
    guy in pink: do you have any pictures where he's looking at the camera? shot in the dark.... ISTj??? I'd say ESTp or maybe even ESFp if he was looking at the camera, but he is either oblivious to it or tries to ignore it. Or he's the third wheel in the trio.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot about character labels. Then how about Blondie, Red Eye and Girl?

Four more for evidence:
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blondie.... ESTj?
    SEE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blond guy does seem Ej, but his eyes remind me of an INFp.. so maybe ENTj? but he looks like he's got an extraverted J function and an introverted P function. He's attractive.

I could see ESFj. It would tie lots of these things together nicely and with what few examples I've had of ESFjs he could fit the bill.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj > ISTj > ENFj > ESFj > ENTj
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blondie: ESTj
    girl: ESFp??
    other guy: ISFj??
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo
    I meant to say INFj..
    anw, i'm not sure.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne > Si > Ni > Se
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely seems like an Alpha crowd. The blonde guy I could see as ILE, second choice ESE. The girl = SEI or ESE? "Red eye" might be LII.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blondie seems beta or delta to me somehow
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I think that this thread has gathered a sufficient number of responses. I will reveal the test results for discussion.

Blondie (guy w/ beard): He was my roommate last year and graduated with a major in economics. He tested as an INFj.

Girl: She is a good friend and was practically my other roommate last year. She was also the girlfriend of Blondie (or rather now ex-girlfriend). She tested as an ESFj.

Red Eye (aka 'other guy'): Logos.

The bumpy relationship between Blondie and the Girl was actually one of the reasons why I moved from MBTI to Socionics, as Socionics's theories on relationships actually made sense, especially in the context of my perception of the relationship between the two of them. Many moments of friction in the relationship seemed to occur when his clashed with her . He may have initially appeared as an INTj to her, as he (a rural conservative Southerner) would have appeared as incredibly idiosyncratic to her (a suburban liberal New Yorker). Although many of our friends thought that their relationship would last, I actually did not think that it would precisely because of how often their and would rub each other the wrong way. And when that happened, I was often pulled in as the arbitrator. I got along incredibly well with her, and probably more so than she did with Blondie. I also got along well with Blondie, as we would often debate over an issue and differing primarily in our versus .
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a look before seeing the answers.

In order of easiness:

1) Girl - ESFj was my first thought

2) Blondie - I thought IJ, perhaps ISTj, but in the very last picture he looks anything but an ISTj. So I didn't know. INFj makes sense.

3) Red eye - I wasn't sure. I thought INFp, INFj, INTj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

girl looks frighteningly ESFj.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    girl looks frighteningly ESFj.
    What exactly do you find frightening about her?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logos, did you think they looked like their types when you VIed them?

I didn't even try to type you because of the red eyes. heh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Logos, did you think they looked like their types when you VIed them?
    I was actually not familiar with Socionics' VI at the time though their results did not surprise me. The girl was definitely an ESFx type. Upon months of reading this forum - and recently the "Finding a Good ESFj" thread in Any Relations - many of the ESFj/INTj relations was present when I look back at my friendship with her. It was not hard to see as a hidden agenda, nor was it difficult to see a desire for when listening to her stories.

Blondie was a bit harder. It is hard to tell in his pictures, mainly because of his warm smile, but at times he is the introvert, though I could oddly enough see ESTj as his type as well as INFj. It's just that Blondie was definitely over-sensitive.
    4. Critical towards his own beauty (handsomeness), will, energy. He feels much pain when criticized for these aspects. Compliments on these aspects are not accepted as ambiguous only when they are expressed face-to-face, in a mild tone, without emphasis. He needs silent or not emphasized recognition. He cannot afford being untidy.
    This was also characteristic of Blondie to the point of annoyance for both his girlfriend and I, as he would take way too much time to get ready for anything. And it would take too much time, because after any criticism as to faults in his dress, he changed his clothes. Repeat procedure for about an hour.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    This was also characteristic of Blondie to the point of annoyance for both his girlfriend and I, as he would take way too much time to get ready for anything. And it would take too much time, because after any criticism as to faults in his dress, he changed his clothes. Repeat procedure for about an hour.
    that actually sounds like Si in the super ego block
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is Beta NF out of the question for blondie?

btw, if the other guy is you, you look very much like an ENTp I know (assuming I've typed him correctly... I've only had profesional contact with him)
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is Beta NF out of the question for blondie?
    Not at all. It is possible that he is an INFp, though the type of relationship he had with the girl (ESFj), myself (INTj), and another friend (ENTj) seems to suggest INFj for Blondie. But again, it is certainly not out of the question for him to be another type.

btw, if the other guy is you, you look very much like an ENTp I know (assuming I've typed him correctly... I've only had profesional contact with him)
    I am not surprised. I have definitely thought that its possible that I'm an ENTp. But I do believe myself to be an INTj (-subtype), which may account for that perception. But if I do think that I am an INTj -subtype, then ENTp should never be out of the question when I examine myself.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which dichotomies have you read up on and are most certain about?
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which dichotomies have you read up on and are most certain about?
    Subjectivist (as much as I despise the implications of that label, the actual description does apply), Static (episodic), Reasonable, Democrat, Strategist, and Emotivist. Those are the only ones which I remember off hand.
    Johari Box