Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 41

Thread: VI of possible ISTP

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default VI of possible ISTP

    I'd like to share a couple pictures of me with you. Recently I have been seriously considering that I am an ISTP. I want your imput on whether I look like an ISTP or another type. I couldn't resize the pictures, so I will just post the links instead. I am the one in the red shirt in both pics (coincidence, they were taken at completly diffrent times.)

    http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=a2w60j

    http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=a2w3d5 (fake smile)

    Below are a bunch of pictures I collected of people whom I suspect are ISTPs as well.



    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  2. #2
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quite possibly, you could be an ISTp. You certainly don't give off an ENTp vibe.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  3. #3
    Creepy-i forgot

    Default

    I and P, maybe.

    ISTP, INFJ, INTP.

    What about the female? ISFP? How do you get along together?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From a non-VI perspective you seem way more Te than Ti.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What about the female? ISFP? How do you get along together?
    ESFJ and very well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    From a non-VI perspective you seem way more Te than Ti.
    Yeah, I started to realize that. That plus my Si made me pretty sure I was ISTP and not ENTP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    //

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    //

  8. #8
    Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

    Default

    Umm, I still don't feel similar so much...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    From a non-VI perspective you seem way more Te than Ti.
    I felt oppositely. It seems he's just doing test of or bumping his idea against existing ones, not "practical" usage. Has he already drawn any profit from it?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    So what about the ISFp girl whom you think you have a relation of duality with? Is she still an ISFp?
    She's most definitely still an ISFP.

    She looks somewhat like Emilie Dequenne or Claire Forlani on socionics.com Celebrities page.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    //

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^ And I've started thinking that comparative or identical relationships could be the best for a romantic relationship. This is because you share the same dominant function and communicate in similar ways. With duals, the communication can be off even though they are the most "comfortable"... and that would probably make it harder to get in a relationship.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ---

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by an ixtp (probably istp)
    Umm, I still don't feel similar so much...

    I felt oppositely. It seems he's just doing test of or bumping his idea against existing ones, not "practical" usage. Has he already drawn any profit from it?
    No offense but you're completely wrong. The way he tries to prove his points with "evidence" like photos, quotes, etc is very Te. Also he said in another post that the thing he liked about socionics was it's practicality (presumably applicability to his personal life?). What do you think Rocky?

    Also "feeling similar" to someone doesn't mean you're the same type. I feel very similar to many different people for how various aspects of their personality reflect my own (ISFjs for their morals for example). I don't feel similar to the Admin at all but I can see why we share the same type.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    No offense but you're completely wrong. The way he tries to prove his points with "evidence" like photos, quotes, etc is very Te. Also he said in another post that the thing he liked about socionics was it's practicality (presumably applicability to his personal life?). What do you think Rocky?
    Exactly. Practical logic doesn't always have to do with money. I don't remember where I mentioned the practicality, but it's true. Of course you can use and see how socionics works in your everyday life. I have also been reconsidering my hidden agenda. It's interesting how "To be loved" sounded like it fit so well before. There just seems to be a fine line between the IxTP and ExTP hidden agendas. I guess To be loved and To love go hand-in-hand. I can see how I have a PoLR of Fe, and maybe that's the reason I thought my hidden agenda was Fe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Also "feeling similar" to someone doesn't mean you're the same type. I feel very similar to many different people for how various aspects of their personality reflect my own (ISFjs for their morals for example). I don't feel similar to the Admin at all but I can see why we share the same type.
    I think that has something to do with the Halo Effect. If you think of someone highly, then you think everything about them is good, and you want to be similar to them. You can convince yourself someone who is your opposite is just like you because you want them to be.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Quite possibly, you could be an ISTp. You certainly don't give off an ENTp vibe.
    Do I give off an ENTp vibe? I have been debating with myself again about being ENFj instead.

  16. #16
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're a flaming ENTp.

    That was said in reference to RMCNew.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    You're a flaming ENTp.

    That was said in reference to RMCNew.
    Just out of curiosity, what do you think tips people off that I am an ENTp?

  18. #18
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your deconstructing of an entire system without fear; there's also the fact that ENFj just seems like a very unlikely alternative, as I can see no sort of Fe expression from you, although the internet is not the best medium to convey such data.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Your deconstructing of an entire system without fear; there's also the fact that ENFj just seems like a very unlikely alternative, as I can see no sort of Fe expression from you, although the internet is not the best medium to convey such data.
    You mean the deconstruction of socionics? I admit that half the time I have no clue what I am talking and end up reinventing something just from getting weird ideas from various articals. I accidently reinvented model X with the ROLE and POLR functions and did not realize it at the time. I think I accidently reinvented some other things too, but I am not sure if I have shared that with anyone on this forum.

    Heck, for example I honestly have no clue why my socionics typology test works or why it works at all; this may seem a bit odd or ironic, but I was not always sure that my internet test would do what it does now. Sometimes even I do not know why it works, but it does for some reason. I keep discovering new things about it and when I think I have it figured out it analysizes someone in a way that totally contradicts the way I think it works. Tell me that is not weird. Even weirder is that I did not know much about the typology descriptions when compiling the test, I just retyped alot of the functional descriptions and worded them into questions; then I got some hunches on how to code various things and went with it.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I agree... flaming. The way you deconstruct your personal life too.

  21. #21
    Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

    Default

    Well...then another view. This is closer to the point of my thought about the issue.
    http://www.socionics.com/advan/intjorintp.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergei Ganin
    Moreover, INTj's logic is their area of confidence and conservatism. This makes their logic fundamental, meaning once the rules are established, they can be applied anywhere. INTps logic is their area of creativity. This makes their logic circumstantial and unpredictable - the rules apply here but may not apply there.
    Rocky seems concerned mainly people's appearance and their type here. He posted many photos already classified in braintyping (or his own) theory.
    I never saw enough explanation about the basis of them on his post. I also didn't see him "talking to himself" thinking about them on this forum. He just always seems to try to refute everyone against these typing, not apply flexibly considering others opinion. I don't think he's INTj so much as ISTp though.
    I guessed IXTp is the last T type he has from this point. This also makes less sure about he's ENTp, but it's more possible than ISTp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Also "feeling similar" to someone doesn't mean you're the same type. I feel very similar to many different people for how various aspects of their personality reflect my own (ISFjs for their morals for example). I don't feel similar to the Admin at all but I can see why we share the same type.
    Certainly. I don't mean we're differ then not same type but hitted by something about type function. What some people recently have introduced themselves as ISTp described their ISTp-like habit were not agreeable to me in many point, but I noticed some of them was done as I usually do, and I think it's something related with our Socionics type. Additionally, members of this forum typing themselves as ENTx sometimes appear much different in the way function works from me.
    I feel funny because I have many things given as INTj habit. Of course I'm sure not being INTj, and I know things fitted for me mostly include neurotic, autism spectrum like or schizoid/schizotypal behavior, not so much Socionics matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I think that has something to do with the Halo Effect. If you think of someone highly, then you think everything about them is good, and you want to be similar to them. You can convince yourself someone who is your opposite is just like you because you want them to be.
    I'm sorry if you feel I look down on you, but I just couldn't look over you might misunderstand yourself while I kept silence with all my poor .

    I guess myself as IXTP in MBTI and used to regard someone great as ISTP often, but seeing other types doing it on same person in obviously incorrect way, I just had to admit I was doing stupid typism too whether he/she looks like still ISTP or not.

    And hey, I'd rather type myself as INXx!
    Now I regret I have no idea about great ISTp without any athletic ability nor good looking. ISTp description isn't so almighty as ISTP :wink: and I must get resigned to have a tough life.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by an IxTP (probably ISTP)
    Rocky seems concerned mainly people's appearance and their type here. He posted many photos already classified in braintyping (or his own) theory.
    I never saw enough explanation about the basis of them on his post. I also didn't see him "talking to himself" thinking about them on this forum. He just always seems to try to refute everyone against these typing, not apply flexibly considering others opinion. I don't think he's INTj so much as ISTp though.
    I guessed IXTp is the last T type he has from this point. This also makes less sure about he's ENTp, but it's more possible than ISTp.
    I don't quite understand what your talking about here. You say I always refute others opinions? Where have I done that? If someone types a person differently then me I always try to consider why they typed them like that and if I could be wrong. I always keep an open mind to this and criticize when say things like "Jerry Seinfeld is obviously an ENTP and there is no way he is another type...".
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The thing about rocky is he seems to recieve Ti more than he does it. Braintyping is not his own theory for example. Ti is more like Hugo who doesn't accept the theory of socionics or any theory that conflicts the way he understands things. I am the same way and I used to post my ideas on the forum too but I stopped for a host of reasons including that I don't think my ideas would be able to gestate here.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rocky, I agree with you ... I think that if you are extroverted you would be ESTj and if introverted you would be ISTp ... I think you are on the right track in what you are thinking about yourself.

    But, I still think that you might possibly be more "J" than you realize. If you think someone who got internet test typed as an INTp and looks like an INTp could not be an ENTj or someone who thought she was an introvert could not be an extrovert; go talk with Herzblut and Steve ...

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Your deconstructing of an entire system without fear ... you're a flaming ENTp. That was said in reference to RMCNew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Yeah I agree... flaming. The way you deconstruct your personal life too.
    So, the greatest tipoff that I am ENTp is my tendency to "deconstruct" ideas, theories, actual objects(?), and rebuild them without realizing I am reinventing something that already exist. Like "the wheel" for example?

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No it's not just that but that is one of many things. I think the greatest tip off the your roiling hidden agenda myself.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the greatest indicated that rmcnew is ENTP is his indecisiveness.

    Out of the entire socion, ENTPs seem to be the most uncertain about their type. They change their minds because they dont want to be what they perceived as what could be a weaker or worst type, when there really is none. They seem to have an underlying insecurity.

    do you have any problems with lying??? be honest with yourself...



    ROCKY:

    The hands in the pocket make me think and the clothing that makes it look like you are ready to go on a hike makes me think you are an ISTP.

    If you dont get people, and love animals you surely are an ISTP. You dont seem to be in the theory...

    Think about what kind of careers you dreamed of when you were younger... Race car driver, cop, etc?

    If you have a few close friends and value honesty and trust... You are not very approachable, you are certainly an ISTP.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

  28. #28
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Rocky, I agree with you ... I think that if you are extroverted you would be ESTj and if introverted you would be ISTp ... I think you are on the right track in what you are thinking about yourself.

    But, I still think that you might possibly be more "J" than you realize. If you think someone who got internet test typed as an INTp and looks like an INTp could not be an ENTj or someone who thought she was an introvert could not be an extrovert; go talk with Herzblut and Steve ...
    With me the tests (MBTI) and VI got me as INTp (or myers briggs). However the socionics word association test did get me as ENTj which lead me to think I was that. I'd previously had problems with being typed as an MBTI INTj/socionics INTP after an ex gf kept trying to apply it to me. It just didn't describe me properly although there were similarities. The problem is my work means that I'm solitary most of the week however that's not by choice. It's just the nature of the work. My work would also often extend into my free time. That meant I was answering questions as an introvert would although if my situation was different my answers would be much different.

    With VI, by photographs I do look like an INTp (according to the descriptions, I don't have a clue about proper VI) however I think it's because I'm really thin. I weigh about 130lbs and am 5'11'. The INTp description basically describes anyone who could do with a few pies in their belly. My actions do match the ENTj description such as eyes darting around, prefering to run than walk, and the smile. I also match the physical description a logical ENTj subtype.

    I was able to confirm my type (as much as anyone can) by looking at the close relationships in my life and finding that if I typed myself as ENTj the inter-type descriptions matched much better. As I've learned more about socionics and the functions it's only served to confirm that I am ENTj. Plus, I know some INTps and there is a very clear distinction about how we approach things.

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Rocky, I agree with you ... I think that if you are extroverted you would be ESTj and if introverted you would be ISTp ... I think you are on the right track in what you are thinking about yourself.

    But, I still think that you might possibly be more "J" than you realize. If you think someone who got internet test typed as an INTp and looks like an INTp could not be an ENTj or someone who thought she was an introvert could not be an extrovert; go talk with Herzblut and Steve ...
    With me the tests (MBTI) and VI got me as INTp (or myers briggs). However the socionics word association test did get me as ENTj which lead me to think I was that. I'd previously had problems with being typed as an MBTI INTj/socionics INTP after an ex gf kept trying to apply it to me. It just didn't describe me properly although there were similarities. The problem is my work means that I'm solitary most of the week however that's not by choice. It's just the nature of the work. My work would also often extend into my free time. That meant I was answering questions as an introvert would although if my situation was different my answers would be much different.

    With VI, by photographs I do look like an INTp (according to the descriptions, I don't have a clue about proper VI) however I think it's because I'm really thin. I weigh about 130lbs and am 5'11'. The INTp description basically describes anyone who could do with a few pies in their belly. My actions do match the ENTj description such as eyes darting around, prefering to run than walk, and the smile. I also match the physical description a logical ENTj subtype.

    I was able to confirm my type (as much as anyone can) by looking at the close relationships in my life and finding that if I typed myself as ENTj the inter-type descriptions matched much better. As I've learned more about socionics and the functions it's only served to confirm that I am ENTj. Plus, I know some INTps and there is a very clear distinction about how we approach things.
    The reason why Steve was getting INTp was because the test he was taking ordered his functions the wrong way ... the only real difference between INTp and ENTj is the ordering of the functions. Otherwise they are the same.

  30. #30
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "The reason why Steve was getting INTp was because the test he was taking ordered his functions the wrong way ... the only real difference between INTp and ENTj is the ordering of the functions. Otherwise they are the same."

    That's the same thing for every type. Perhaps you mean the only difference between INTp and ENTj is the position of a particular function within a particular block, otherwise they are the same.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "The reason why Steve was getting INTp was because the test he was taking ordered his functions the wrong way ... the only real difference between INTp and ENTj is the ordering of the functions. Otherwise they are the same."

    That's the same thing for every type. Perhaps you mean the only difference between INTp and ENTj is the position of a particular function within a particular block, otherwise they are the same.
    That is exactly what I ment ... thanks for clarifying.

    BUT, it is enough to allow most typology test to place the functions in the wrong order within the blocks, making people extroverted or introverted when they are really the other.

    Steve is a good example of one of those people and so am I ... I use to get INTj all the time on typology test untill I realized the ENTp description described me better and the relationships I have with people placed me more with ENTp. Same thing happened with Steve except he tested INTp and is really ENTj.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now I regret I have no idea about great ISTp without any athletic ability nor good looking. ISTp description isn't so almighty as ISTP Wink and I must get resigned to have a tough life.
    I think that you should have a look at the list of the worlds richest people, you should find a few ISTps there.
    [/code]

  33. #33
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think i have a face that's quite ISTP(althought i believe my type to be ENTP/INTJ or entj/intp, but i've completed my soul searching so i'm only out to type other people anymore):

    asd

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCK
    ROCKY:

    The hands in the pocket make me think and the clothing that makes it look like you are ready to go on a hike makes me think you are an ISTP.

    If you dont get people, and love animals you surely are an ISTP. You dont seem to be in the theory...

    Think about what kind of careers you dreamed of when you were younger... Race car driver, cop, etc?

    If you have a few close friends and value honesty and trust... You are not very approachable, you are certainly an ISTP.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "don't get people" b/c I'm not confused or anything when it comes to dealing with others. I'm perfectly cabable of going up to a stranger and talking to them and I'm not closed off to other people approaching me. I do like animals.

    As for the job, do baseball player count? Actually, ever since I was three people have told me I should become a lawyer. Let's just say I'm not going into that. Maybe buisness or psychology (those two words are almost painful to hear together).

    I do have friends I I trust and value, but like I said I'm not unapproachable.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  35. #35
    Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I think that you should have a look at the list of the worlds richest people, you should find a few ISTps there.
    I suspect the only two way to be rich without admitted talent or catching rare fortune are born rich enough to invest being or have a charismatic charm.
    Some rich and famouse people, who is said to be evil with their act, are terrible charming and smart to talk with face-to-face in spite of they're not so handsome generally. There's no wonder. If someone intend to be rich at all cost looks so evil and unpleasant, s/he will be soon hung or got to be a scapegoat of a big issue. I know myself looks like a villain. Anyway, thanks for suggestion.

    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    i think i have a face that's quite ISTP(althought i believe my type to be ENTP/INTJ or entj/intp, but i've completed my soul searching so i'm only out to type other people anymore):
    To read the webpage Steve posted may be a hint. I think your facial characteristic may be XNTj by descriptions on this.
    I felt my face is similar to ones of whom typed as IXTj, and find it's near on a boderline of rational/irrational.

    Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    If you have a few close friends and value honesty and trust... You are not very approachable, you are certainly an ISTP.
    Yeah, unapproachableness... That's the key issue of ISTp, maybe all I and T types.

    I'm worried about some kind of people who is nomally social, cheerful and friendly. They tend to became taciturn and severe at their facial expression only to me, and even sometimes give a hateful glare. It's subtle, but strongly embarrass me, and makes me feel like running away. I think myself good at reading people, but I have no idea what they're thinking of me but they hate me and hope me to vanish from in front of them ASAP.
    It's an enigma to me they're generally in the center of people's circle. Maybe everyone needs oneself's pretty watchdog and their friends dislike a real dog.

    They seem ENFj or ISFj, so this may be solved with Socionics, but I have nothing to do right now expect avoiding such a person. I came to care about clothes tring to get rid of something "social" girls (they're seldom boys or in a far different generation) dislike, but they just ran out my money.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ---

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I highly doubt I am either an ESTP or ISTJ. I have always seen both a strong Si and Ne in myself without much Ni or Se. Pedro said that I sound more Te than Ti, and I agree this is probably true. Also, I took McNew's typology test and it said I was functionally closest to ISTP/ESTJ. After thinking about my type I started to realize that I was an ISTP (or thought I might be) and that's when I started to question my type. I'm not sure yet, but the more I think about my type the more I seem to be ISTP. I do a lot of odd things that would seem to point towards an Si dominant function.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    //

  39. #39
    Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Quote Originally Posted by an ixtp (probably istp)
    Maybe everyone needs oneself's pretty watchdog and their friends dislike a real dog.
    Yo, I don't catch the drift here. :wink:
    Generally ISTps prefer dogs to people except their dual.
    The reason why ENFp-ISTp dual can easily break up is that ISTps care too much about their dog leaving ENFps alone. Well, though I'm not sure about other ISTps...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I have always seen both a strong Si and Ne in myself without much Ni or Se. Pedro said that I sound more Te than Ti, and I agree this is probably true. Also, I took McNew's typology test and it said I was functionally closest to ISTP/ESTJ.
    Then, the point is which function comes to your 1st block.
    http://www.socionika.com/model.html
    Individuals are not shy about demonstrating their first function or receiving criticism about what they do or think using their first function. They also think little of criticizing others from the standpoint of their first function. One’s first function is what one tends to value most in oneself and what one identifies oneself most with. In one’s opinions and activities related to one’s first function one rarely yields to others’ influence and is capable of standing up for oneself and leading others. The first function is interested in others just as much or more than oneself and needs a large field to apply itself. It needs people that will heed its qualified advice and accept its program.
    One prefers to create one’s new version of things relating to one’s second function rather than dig through old material that one doesn’t try hard to remember, anyway. Individuals view their second function more as their own personal skill or quality than as an objective component of reality. Hence, criticism is more unpleasant than for the first function. At the same time, when others need our help using our second function, this is seen as acknowledging our success in this area, and we help out with pleasure and enthusiasm.
    In Model A theory, 1st and 2nd function is said to appear when you try to help someone, and show difference exposed to criticism.
    Take many chance for helping others in what your , or yells to observe yourself in these situations. If Model A theory isn't totally wrong, you can find something about your strength.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "don't get people" b/c I'm not confused or anything when it comes to dealing with others. I'm perfectly cabable of going up to a stranger and talking to them and I'm not closed off to other people approaching me. I do like animals.
    If you're not quite sure what i mean by "don't get people"... Then you are not an ISTP.

    Its is our weakness, understanding people. Thats why I got into socionics in the first place, its like a tool for me to patch up this weakness, and it can still only do so much for me. You can only be so good at VI, so good at profiling etc... Its still hard for me to understand people's feelings.

    Remember in the movie Leon... Leon says "pigs, they are better than people". That is the ISTP mindset, we remember when we have been screwed over in the past and it has hurted. Because of this we like people less and less over time, to the point that some ISTPs simply become loners. I hope this makes some freakin sense.

    Heath is not ISTP.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •