Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 241 to 263 of 263

Thread: Video game preferences by type

  1. #241

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New England
    TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also the original Phantasy Star Online (and Blue Burst). ~forever a RAcaseal at heart~

  2. #242

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New England
    TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I liked the Yakuza series too. The side quests were amazing. You had so much freedom like in Grand Theft Auto. There was so much free roaming!

  3. #243

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New England
    TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And last post I swear.

    FAVORITE RPG

    Super Mario RPG for Super Nintendo (the first)

    -------

    And so I don't make another post...

    For my old school nostalgia, RIVER CITY RANSOM~ It is like a brawler action RPG all in one. It is really, really hilarious. Though the passwords are impossible to put in and write down.

  4. #244
    Don't leave me lost here forever crazymaisy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SE USA
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILI-Ni (INTp)

    PixelJunk Monsters PS3 PSP PS Vita, now also Wii U (PC version sucks)
    LEGO games on PS3 PS4 PS Vita, though not every brand that they (TT Games) create.
    Third Person Shooters, very picky about this. I don't like FP at all, though Guerilla Games' Killzone isn't so bad, and I love ShadowFall on PS4.
    inFamous, though I never finished them all, only finish the PS4's Second Son.
    Bejeweled
    Tetris (Gameboy version still the best!)
    Some RPG games. I loved Fire Emblem 3DS. Not jazzed about the most recent FE 3DS game(s) on 3DS
    Earth Defense Force games (PS3, PS Vita)
    Ys Memories of Celceta on PS Vita
    Some Visual Novels, so far I've liked Steins:Gate on PS Vita (and PsychoPass: Mandatory Happiness on PS4 -- I loved this one so much I figured out a horrible xbox guide for the japanese version of this game and made a good walkthrough guide for PSN that has helped a lot of people platinum it so far.)
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

    Recommended Music - ILI-Ni



    "And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"


    Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

  5. #245
    sindri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    IEI - Ni
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #246

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSI and INTJ(MBTI),

    I enjoy playing rpg , strategy, sports, and fps games.

  7. #247
    Stellafera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Southern USA
    TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm a stereotypical NF, I tend to like genres like visual novels where I just get to think about the right way to phrase things. I also like games like The Sims for the same reason, I get to come up with stories with a game as the vehicle. I really enjoyed playing Fallout: New Vegas and constructed a whole storyline for my Courier in my head. The other Fallout games didn't appeal to me as much due to the first two's poor controls and 3/4 being overly focused on combat rather than settlements and choices.

    (I think it's interesting that my "skill" with dialog situations tends to be very high unlike my skill in basically anything else video-game related. I don't have a hard time getting my tone right in games like Planescape Torment or Life is Strange, so that's kinda neat!)

    If there's much action, I enjoy low stakes. I want to be able to jump back into the fray quickly a la Team Fortress 2. My quick spatial reasoning skills are downright awful and I haven't practiced them much in video games. I'm the person that easy mode is meant for and I like taking whatever small victories I can get.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

  8. #248
    sindri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    IEI - Ni
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    I'm a stereotypical NF, I tend to like genres like visual novels where I just get to think about the right way to phrase things.
    It's interesting you say that because I really don't like the games I've played with dialogue options because my character rarely says things how I want to say them. I'll want to gently say no and my character will fly off the handle or I'll need to emphasize something really important but my character couldn't care less. Because I feel out of sync with the game, I'll start trying to figure out how the programmer wanted me to react instead the part I would naturally want to play, which breaks the immersion.

    Although, I've never played a "visual novel" before, do you recommend any in particular?

  9. #249
    stronger, faster, weirder
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Posts
    1,445
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm surprisingly horrible at FPS games it seems like, except for arcade story ones where I can hold the gun.

    I don't really like strategy games even though I'm enneagram 825 The Strategist.

    My favourite game is Final Fantasy 8, because of the romantic storyline, and also it's just a nostalgic thing for me.

    I haven't spent that much time gaming in my life like some people. It was ok when I was younger but nowadays I'd get too frustrated I'm not doing something IRL As a general rule, if I have to do something where I won't gain something tangible back, I won't like it.

  10. #250
    Hedgehog in the Fog myshkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    TIM
    EII-Fi 1w9 sp/so
    Posts
    1,251
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tend to prefer RPG games.. Fallout (1997) is my long-term favorite for the plot, ambiance, characters, and so on... A recent video game I recall playing is Pathologic (2005), which exceeded my expectations. I also found Rule of Rose (2006) to be interesting. I don't think it is an incredible game really, although the artistic elements were appreciated. I've avoided FPS games for the most part as they tend to give me headaches after a period of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I haven't spent that much time gaming in my life like some people. It was ok when I was younger but nowadays I'd get too frustrated I'm not doing something IRL As a general rule, if I have to do something where I won't gain something tangible back, I won't like it.
    yes, likewise... I generally find gaming to be unproductive, in terms of how I might be spending my time. While I don't necessarily look for tangible outcomes, I'd prefer to learn something, at least.
    Last edited by myshkin; 03-24-2017 at 11:38 AM.


  11. #251
    stronger, faster, weirder
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Posts
    1,445
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
    yes, likewise... I generally find gaming to be unproductive, in terms of how I might be spending my time. While I don't necessarily look for tangible outcomes, I'd prefer to learn something, at least.
    yeah, reading or film counts towards that kind of thing for me too even if it's not 'tangible'. something that will make me learn or have more perspective or like add to my rl life lol.

  12. #252
    Stellafera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Southern USA
    TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sindri View Post
    It's interesting you say that because I really don't like the games I've played with dialogue options because my character rarely says things how I want to say them. I'll want to gently say no and my character will fly off the handle or I'll need to emphasize something really important but my character couldn't care less. Because I feel out of sync with the game, I'll start trying to figure out how the programmer wanted me to react instead the part I would naturally want to play, which breaks the immersion.
    Yeah, that stuff gets annoying. My approach is usually to figure out what tones of dialog are available and then construct my character around that.

    Although, I've never played a "visual novel" before, do you recommend any in particular?
    I haven't played a lot overall, but my favorite is a weird one called Hatoful Boyfriend. It's about a girl who goes to an all-pigeon school and... uh... it's a dating sim sorta. Most of the storylines actually end in a deep sort of friendship rather than any romance at all, though. And when you finish the game, you unlock an AMAZING murder-mystery final route.

    Speaking of, even though it has no choices, I'd highly recommend Dangan Ronpa. Think Phoenix Wright meets The Hunger Games. Fantastic characters.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

  13. #253
    mclane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    459
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My favorite games are:
    - Deus Ex (original)
    - The Elder Scrolls Oblivion
    - Final Fantasy 7
    - Shadow of the Colossus
    - Homeworld Series
    - Neverwinter Nights.
    - Saga Frontier
    - Breath of Fire III
    - The Dig
    - Loom

    But the ones that have sucked more time of my life are Counter Strike and Diablo II.

  14. #254
    Syynth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Deseret
    TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anything made by Bethesda or Valve is great.
    JRPGs are hit or miss.
    Shooters can be fun, but they don't hold my attention for long.

    Some of my all time favorites
    -Skyrim
    -Portal 2
    -The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    -Valkyria Chronicles
    -Bioshock Infinite
    -The Witcher 3
    SP/SO
    5w6 3w2 8w9

  15. #255
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,024
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Final Fantasy X: Delta
    Final Fantasy XV: Beta/Gamma story, Alpha Gameplay, side missions, minigames and gags
    GTA V: Alpha/Beta
    Yakuza 0: Gamma
    Witcher 3: Delta
    Killzone Shadow Fall: Gamma
    Until Dawn: Beta
    Bloodborne: Beta
    God of War III: Beta
    MGS V: Gamma
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Delta
    Last edited by suedehead; 07-28-2017 at 01:27 AM.

  16. #256
    Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    My room
    TIM
    LIE
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anything that requires speed is ok, when I was younger I played Crash on play station 1 and then call of duty, but usually I don't play games

  17. #257
    Viktor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    TIM
    ESTP
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I only play dark souls 1 and 3 and bloodborne, those are the only good games

  18. #258
    Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    dispersed into the cosmos
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Posts
    1,963
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mainly problem solving games. The Cave was awesome and alpha as f*ck.
    Trine series is also cool but bit too much emphasis on dexterity.
    Most importantly both are available on Linux.

    Last edited by Troll Nr 007; 04-20-2017 at 12:40 PM.
    Enneagram 3 blindspot. Visual deficits in 4, 8. Triple instinctual blindspot.

    Highly immature Discord channel
    because enneagram is just too simple and therefore we need to develop a new classification system called Rhombic triacontahedron with life module containing eukaryotes, prokaryotes and virus.

  19. #259
    Heart Chamber Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    IEE 3w4
    Posts
    7,528
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    No gaming for me, although I can get obsessed with almost anything once I start playing (except some ego shooter related stuff, no-go area for me). That's precisely the reason why I stay away from it I guess

    If I had to come up with a perfect game for me it would be uh.. roleplay - non-bloody, non-violent, with really bizarre things going on. "Mix the best potion and solve this riddle, then fall in love with your enemy sorcerer!!" or something like that.

  20. #260
    Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    dispersed into the cosmos
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Posts
    1,963
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    No gaming for me, although I can get obsessed with almost anything once I start playing (except some ego shooter related stuff, no-go area for me). That's precisely the reason why I stay away from it I guess

    If I had to come up with a perfect game for me it would be uh.. roleplay - non-bloody, non-violent, with really bizarre things going on. "Mix the best potion and solve this riddle, then fall in love with your enemy sorcerer!!" or something like that.
    Currently playing this one. The game emulates 1980s game design and plot:

    Bit of Ne-Si (from the creator of the Cave) leans more towards delta direction.

    Well they have added high quality audio in it later.
    Last edited by Troll Nr 007; 04-21-2017 at 08:48 AM.
    Enneagram 3 blindspot. Visual deficits in 4, 8. Triple instinctual blindspot.

    Highly immature Discord channel
    because enneagram is just too simple and therefore we need to develop a new classification system called Rhombic triacontahedron with life module containing eukaryotes, prokaryotes and virus.

  21. #261
    Fembot Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Posts
    6,547
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    My ILE-Ti bro is into this game.
    I am horrible at it. He kept making me try the easiest level, I'd keep failing in the first second or two each time, and I'd just laugh it off. Then he took over, and just played for like 30 seconds at least, and I was like.

    4w5-9w1-5w6 So/Sx

    My typing blog [x]
    My theory blog [x]
    My tumblr blog [x]
    My film blog [x]
    Discord [x]


  22. #262
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


  23. #263
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    patiently waiting for:


Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •