- Final Fantasy 7
    - Shadow of the Colossus
    - Homeworld Series
    - Neverwinter Nights.
    - Saga Frontier
    - Breath of Fire III
    - The Dig
    - Loom

But the ones that have sucked more time of my life are Counter Strike and Diablo II.
    Last edited by mclane; 05-17-2017 at 11:09 PM.

TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything made by Bethesda or Valve is great.
    JRPGs are hit or miss.
    Shooters can be fun, but they don't hold my attention for long.

Some of my all time favorites
    -Skyrim
    -Portal 2
    -The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    -Valkyria Chronicles
    -Bioshock Infinite
    -The Witcher 3
    SP/SX
    5w4

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Final Fantasy X: Delta
    Final Fantasy XV: Beta/Gamma story, Alpha Gameplay, side missions, minigames and gags
    GTA V: Alpha/Beta
    Yakuza 0: Gamma
    Witcher 3: Delta
    Killzone Shadow Fall: Gamma
    Until Dawn: Beta
    Bloodborne: Beta
    God of War III: Beta
    MGS V: Gamma
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Delta
    Last edited by suedehead; 07-28-2017 at 12:27 AM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything that requires speed is ok, when I was younger I played Crash on play station 1 and then call of duty, but usually I don't play games

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mainly problem solving games. The Cave was awesome and alpha as f*ck.
    Trine series is also cool but bit too much emphasis on dexterity.
    Most importantly both are available on Linux.

Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-20-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No gaming for me, although I can get obsessed with almost anything once I start playing (except some ego shooter related stuff, no-go area for me). That's precisely the reason why I stay away from it I guess

If I had to come up with a perfect game for me it would be uh.. roleplay - non-bloody, non-violent, with really bizarre things going on. "Mix the best potion and solve this riddle, then fall in love with your enemy sorcerer!!" or something like that.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    No gaming for me, although I can get obsessed with almost anything once I start playing (except some ego shooter related stuff, no-go area for me). That's precisely the reason why I stay away from it I guess

If I had to come up with a perfect game for me it would be uh.. roleplay - non-bloody, non-violent, with really bizarre things going on. "Mix the best potion and solve this riddle, then fall in love with your enemy sorcerer!!" or something like that.
    Currently playing this one. The game emulates 1980s game design and plot:

Bit of Ne-Si (from the creator of the Cave) leans more towards delta direction.

Well they have added high quality audio in it later.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-21-2017 at 07:48 AM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

My ILE-Ti bro is into this game.
    I am horrible at it. He kept making me try the easiest level, I'd keep failing in the first second or two each time, and I'd just laugh it off. Then he took over, and just played for like 30 seconds at least, and I was like.

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

patiently waiting for:

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought I remembered posting in this thread but I can't find it. The only two games I've gotten really into as an adult are:

League of Legends - but really only because I played with friends over Skype and I was never good at it. It was just fun to work together and accomplish things as a tight knit team and joke around and whatever. After people stopped playing or got too high ranked to play with me I'd go by myself only into ARAM just to zone out on the fight and quiet my mind of other things.

Skyrim - I've played through it twice and I can't think of anything I don't like about it except for maybe the repetitiveness of some things like the dialogue (maybe that's every rpg and I only noticed cuz I played so much). And it's kind of boring doing a bunch of enchanting and potion making but I think that's every rpg? I really liked the plots and the characters and the fighting and the visuals and alla that. When I first started I felt weird about stealing and murdering and then those became my favorite things, lol.

Ive played a few other rpgs but just didn't get into them as much for some reason. I thought wow was kinda boring. There was one I played with @munenori and @Hitta for awhile that I liked but I can't remember the name of it.

The type of game I don't like at all is fps, especially like war games. Just don't see the appeal.

I just started dragon age origins and so far there are things about it i really like such as the focus on developing relationships and the fact that what you say and do really matters and affects how the plot progresses. I think I like the level of immersion into the story but I'm kinda iffy about it, like sometimes I'm like ok let's stop talking and move along. I'm nervous about how the combat aspect will play out because it will require a lot of strategizing. Honestly id rather just go in and hit stuff until it's dead, skyrim was like that. But with dao you have to manage the skills and abilities for an entire party and move them all around during the fight and stuff and that's super overwhelming to me. Even having to decide how to level up one character is mildly anxiety inducing, lol. We'll see.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I thought I remembered posting in this thread but I can't find it. The only two games I've gotten really into as an adult are:

League of Legends - but really only because I played with friends over Skype and I was never good at it. It was just fun to work together and accomplish things as a tight knit team and joke around and whatever. After people stopped playing or got too high ranked to play with me I'd go by myself only into ARAM just to zone out on the fight and quiet my mind of other things.

Skyrim - I've played through it twice and I can't think of anything I don't like about it except for maybe the repetitiveness of some things like the dialogue (maybe that's every rpg and I only noticed cuz I played so much). And it's kind of boring doing a bunch of enchanting and potion making but I think that's every rpg? I really liked the plots and the characters and the fighting and the visuals and alla that. When I first started I felt weird about stealing and murdering and then those became my favorite things, lol.

Ive played a few other rpgs but just didn't get into them as much for some reason. I thought wow was kinda boring. There was one I played with @munenori and @Hitta for awhile that I liked but I can't remember the name of it.

The type of game I don't like at all is fps, especially like war games. Just don't see the appeal.

I just started dragon age origins and so far there are things about it i really like such as the focus on developing relationships and the fact that what you say and do really matters and affects how the plot progresses. I think I like the level of immersion into the story but I'm kinda iffy about it, like sometimes I'm like ok let's stop talking and move along. I'm nervous about how the combat aspect will play out because it will require a lot of strategizing. Honestly id rather just go in and hit stuff until it's dead, skyrim was like that. But with dao you have to manage the skills and abilities for an entire party and move them all around during the fight and stuff and that's super overwhelming to me. Even having to decide how to level up one character is mildly anxiety inducing, lol. We'll see.
    pretty cool that ur into league of legends.ive been playing that game on and off for about 5 years now, it never really got tiring (although i mainly play overwatch now)

games id always used to play or enjoy were racing games (with cars), real time strategy games (where u build a military base and command armies from birds eye view), league of legends (which is a moba, kind of a combination of real time strategy and role playing games), and first person shooters. Currently hooked on overwatch, perfect combination of role playing, team work, tactics/strategy and just crazy all out shooting requiring lightning speed reactions and precision.

games i used to play:

call of duty titles (2, 4, mw2, mw3, black ops 2)
    team fortress 2
    total annihilation
    age of empires (all of them + mythology)
    supreme commander 1 and 2 (2 sucked tho)
    battle realms
    runescape
    project gotham racing 2
    fable

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's the type that never played any videogame/find them extremely boring? I'm that type. I got a PS when I was 8 years old I remember, there was Hercules on it, I got stuck at the first 3 levels for forever, never made it to complete them either... and then I had another game with a ball that had to jump through these squares and I liked it even, but yeah, that never interested me as well, and then I had spyro and I liked that one too because it was a little cute dragon but yeah... what's the point I never got it. I used my PS better to listen to music.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’ve never played a video game. I prefer playing real life.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Lifes a game enjoy it!

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have been playing Dark Souls 3 on PS4 in my spare time. I am stoked because I am in the process of installing a front projector and a 100" diagonal screen. The game immersion experience will be awesome.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a fan of a wide variety of genres. I don't play games that often, but some of my favourites include:
    Rome: Total War
    Red Orchestra 2
    EarthBound
    The Neverhood
    DOOM
    Carmageddon
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Super Mario World

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fave video games:

Mortal Kombat 3
    Mortal Kombat Trilogy
    Streetfighter 2
    Super Mario bros
    Super Mario world
    Zelda: Link to the past
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earthbound/Super Mario RPG: legend of the 7 stars/Final Fantasy 4 are probably my top three favorite games in the world and the ones that subjectively touch my heart the most.

I also like the Castlevania series, Tomb Raider and even some str8 male shooters once in a while. /purrs at @ashlesha

I remember first time playing Super Mario RPG when I was like 12-13 or something and it felt so epic and the game is very easy but at the time I kinda died a lot because I was young and still pretty new to the genre. When I finally beat a boss I felt so bad-ass at 13 years old lol.

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga is also great. The one where you learn the Hand powers on the Island. I really don't like the sequels at all.

The Yoshi game where you carry the baby around I also enjoyed for awhile, but really hated being mario's baby sitter. That whine was so annoying lol. I wish you could just play as Yoshi or something...which you could in a game called 'Yoshi's Story' but it was a horrible game with bad mechanics and the levels were way too easy and crappily designed.

Also can't forget STAR FOX!!! Do a barrel roll!!!! =D

Also I enjoyed Turok: Dinosaur Hunter for Nintendo 64.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    My fave video games:

Mortal Kombat 3
    Mortal Kombat Trilogy
    Streetfighter 2
    Super Mario bros
    Super Mario world
    Zelda: Link to the past
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
    ah mk3 lol good times

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't usually like dialogues, I skip anything with words, sometimes even the instructions unless I know it's a difficult game. I've always gone for simple games like tetris, solitaire, and lately I've been playing chess, which isn't necessarily simple but I like how there's a lot of leeway for "movement", but there's another game I played recently called "a dark room" which is a text-based rpg that emulates 1970s style graphics in its simplicity. the storyline unfolds on the left-hand side of the screen in the style of a poetic narrative with a focus on the collection and distribution of resources. eventually you're introduced to a rogue-like element, which I won't spoil, but everything comes together in the end (jk) and I like that. there is some fancy storytelling.

right now I'm playing axiom verge which reminds me of tetris because the graphics suck but I think it's a lot of fun because I'm boring enough to like it

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE Ti subtype / INTP in Myers Briggs

9w8 6w5 4w3

Sim City series
    Max Payne series
    Skyrim
    Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past
    Fallout New Vegas
    Minecraft
    Alien: Isolation
    Katamari series
    old school Tomb Raider

to name a few favorites

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Well, I prefer more virtual dangers (cliffs, bullets, ....) but it is your life. I hope your energy levels are OK because game over would be deadly.

I think there are some professional gamers out there who make very good money out of it. I highly suspect that those guys are mainly LSI's and LSE's.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Well, I prefer more virtual dangers (cliffs, bullets, ....) but it is your life. I hope your energy levels are OK because game over would be deadly.
    My energy levels are good. But I’ve used up at least five of my nine lives. I’ve had a bullet pass a couple inches from my left ear, been in a car crash that broke my nose, fractured my skull and peeled a large section of skin back from my face, fallen backwards off a bridge into a river (which tore my shirt off when I hit the river bottom), chose the wrong bar to start a fight in, and got into another fight in a parking lot which filled my shoes with blood.

I’m trying to take it easier now, but I still prefer real life.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I used to play video games when younger (like 20-25 years ago) but I don't anymore. I wanna get back into them and I even bought a second hand Nintendo Gamecube 10 years ago to get back into the feel of it. The problem is it's just so expensive, and I prefer to spend my money on other things, even other games.

Games I've played and enjoyed:

Turok Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2 Seeds of Evil.
    Capcom vs SNK (don't remember which ones)
    Pokemon Blue and Gold
    Pokemon Stadium
    Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire
    Mega Man 1-8 and Megan Man X
    DBZ Budakai 2
    Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
    Dance Dance Revolution (not really a video game but whatever)
    Doom 64
    Quake 64
    Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

As you can see alot of FPS and a couple fighting games as well as RPGs.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

-WoW
    -Runescape
    -The Sims
    -Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    -SSX Tricky
    -Any old Mario games
    -Pokemon
    -Music games (Rock Band, Guitar Hero, DDR and Karaoke Revolution)

Recently I've experimented with First Person Shooters and I like them more than I thought I would, but still not really my thing.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

•The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Breath of The Wild
    •Final Fantasy: IV and VII
    •Kingdom Hearts: I, II, 358/2 Days, and Dream Drop Distance
    •Pokemon: Diamond, Y, and Sun/Ultra Sun
    •Bravely Default and Bravely Second
    •Journey (with the carpet thing)
    •Okami
    •Chrono Trigger

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toynbee View Post
    old school Tomb Raider
    i only played through a bit of the first of this new generation ones, but it was such a letdown . totally different experience than what i think of as tomb raider. i loved the old ones but actually did get into the series of the middle generation (the series that had anniversary). the controls loosened up and modernized from the old ones (i only played tomb raider on pc, but actually liked the keyboard controls) but they were enjoyable once i got going on them. still though, the old ones just felt More somehow.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgdjf View Post
    i only played through a bit of the first of this new generation ones, but it was such a letdown . totally different experience than what i think of as tomb raider. i loved the old ones but actually did get into the series of the middle generation (the series that had anniversary). the controls loosened up and modernized from the old ones (i only played tomb raider on pc, but actually liked the keyboard controls) but they were enjoyable once i got going on them. still though, the old ones just felt More somehow.

The early ones were light on story but I could get lost for hours just enjoying the layouts of the tombs and the puzzles seemed genuinely challenging. I played a later one on PS2 and it seemed like they tried to make her more like a James Bond femme fatale type of character or something. There was also less emphasis on solving intricate puzzles and more straight-forward shootey action in the later games, which made them blend in with hundreds of similar games. Very disappointing.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Moba

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ah the classics. One of the forefathers that led to the prominence of online dating shooters, but i dont play games that lead to being stalked irl and murdered just by participating so id have to abstain from that one.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    My ILE-Ti bro is into this game.
    I am horrible at it. He kept making me try the easiest level, I'd keep failing in the first second or two each time, and I'd just laugh it off. Then he took over, and just played for like 30 seconds at least, and I was like.

(Super Hexagon video here)
    Lol, I'm with you Olimpia, I don't like that game either.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    right now I'm playing axiom verge
    this game turned out to be even more fun than I originally thought. I've covered roughly 60% of the map. I get excited whenever I unlock a new area, but I quickly lose interest if I'm stuck in the same area for too long, so there are quite a few interim periods, which results in me forgetting pretty much everything I did before I afk'd, like where I last was and how I got there, "what does this do again?" etc etc, but it gradually comes back to me as I get back in "the flow". I still hate reading, it wasn't until a certain part of the storyline was revealed that I was actually willing to read the text-based popups.

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with the youtuber Lloydarts, but I think he might use V-S cognition. he has a tendency to tackle levels haphazardly, like he runs straight toward enemies while waving his weapon(s) around, sometimes with little health to spare, but he has a strong intuition for where they'll move/attack next, so he usually dodges them with chaotic ease, and I think there might be a positivist-dynamic mentality behind his movements.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the playthroughs I've been watching make me think it's just as much about playstyle (cognitive styles, maybe) as it is about game preferences, especially in the case of popular games which most avid gamers will be drawn toward regardless of sociotype or quadral factors, like EyeSeeCold's thread about irrational IEs and combat styles (x). when I was watching the playthrough above, I'd usually only refer to it when I was absolutely stuck, but it was interesting in the cases where I'd watch his videos for fun because then I'd notice the disparity between not only how we chose to approach each level, but what I caught that he missed, and vice versa. I got a similar feeling while watching this outlast playthrough because even if it's mostly non-serious, there's a difference between how gavin (left) and michael (right) ideally want to approach the game. the main thing I noticed was that michael had an easier time adjusting to the atmosphere than gavin, he was very focused on "back-up plans" whenever he knew an opponent was ahead, he'd scope out hiding spots before moving forward, which was very different from how the guy above (lloydarts) approached his opponents since I feel like he'd almost blast forward every time, along with the rest of his gameplay being equally chaotic in nature. with that said, I really enjoyed oldwhiskey's correlations (x).

I'm still a newb to this stuff but it's a passing thought that's been in the back of my mind for a bit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dunno my type but uh...

Art style and nice music seem to big ones for me. Kirby is obviously a favorite; easy games with a big focus on the visuals and music. Cave Story is another game I tend to go back and replay often. Games with really cool monster designs (especially angels portrayed in the more traditional sense or as enemies) are cool; Bayonetta, SMT (especially Nocturne), and the Persona games stand out in that way. The Mother/Earthbound trilogy are classics I always go back to now and again. I've played every Pokemon game. Ace Attorney and Danganronpa type VNs are really good too; I love the characters and stories they tell. When I'm with friends we usually do Smash Bros or Payday 2, with TF2 and Skullgirls sometimes. Portal 2 is fun, particularly the co-op. And, uh, as long as I'm listing off stuff I've played and enjoyed I may as well include Xenoblade, MGS3, the second Paper Mario, and Okami. I played Undertale on release and really liked it but I can't stand the fanbase.

And finally, Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden is a masterpiece.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My PC keeps shutting off randomly so I got a new ps4. Right now I'm playing farcry 5, FF15, Evil Within 2, and will be getting the new God of War today.

Other games I've played within the last year:

League of Legends
    Dota
    Dead by Daylight
    Dying Light
    Dead Island
    Smite
    Resident Evil 7
    Skyrim
    Tomb Raider

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its probably getting overheated @Muddy. I have the same peoblem

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Its probably getting overheated @Muddy. I have the same peoblem
    Yeah it shut off in the middle of a game of league the other day. My teammates were probably pissed lol.

I'm pretty sure it is a problem with overheating but I'm not sure where exactly the problem is. I have a fan blowing full blast right on the CPU and I tried cleaning out dust but it doesn't seem to be helping. I just said fuck it and got a ps4 lol.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Yeah it shut off in the middle of a game of league the other day. My teammates were probably pissed lol.

I'm pretty sure it is a problem with overheating but I'm not sure where exactly the problem is. I have a fan blowing full blast right on the CPU and I tried cleaning out dust but it doesn't seem to be helping. I just said fuck it and got a ps4 lol.
    your pc has multiple fans. try speedfan

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast