Thread: ISTjs having hard time saying "no"

Default ISTjs having hard time saying "no"

I was over at "my bloginality" lately and found it interesting that a lot of the ISTJs who posted comments agreed that they have a hard time saying "no" to people and can also be something of a push-over. I think there's some truth to this, even though they can be very stubborn, they also seem to let their sense of responsibility cause them to do things for people they don't really want to do. I also think it's true that ISTJ males like to wear mustaches. Most of the ISTJs that I know have mustaches. Makes me wonder which types like to wear beards. I know one old guy who I think is an ESFP and he has a thick beard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about ESFJs wearing beards?

Santa= ESFJ
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTjs are like INTjs in some ways. Both have trouble saying no when they are approached with Fe or whatever in their minds represents that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my friends and my brother both are ISTj's and both try to grow beards even though they really don't have very impressive facial hair. It's pretty funny.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ISTjs are like INTjs in some ways. Both have trouble saying no when they are approached with Fe or whatever in their minds represents that."

Are you sure about this? Doesn't one not seek out stimulation of their Super-Id functions, and instead, allow others to bring one such data? I think it has more to do with the neurotic role function.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying they seek it out just that when it happens they don't say no. On the neurosis thing you make a good point but I guess I was thinking of the non-neurotic aspects of the topic.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know or have known well at least three ISTJ's and I agree with the "not saying no" thing but that applies only to people for whom the ISTJ has developed a sense of personal responsibility, for whatever reasons.

As for the mustaches -- one of the male ISTJ I know does wear one; the other one doesn't.