SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alanis Morissette

what do you think?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-aurora_faerie

the cool type

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking Ni
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she's , then probably ENFj or ENTj. She seems to be an extrovert.
    me

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTJ
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm interested. mysticsonic just told me he just realized that i'm her doppelganger.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has always kinda grated on my nerves for some reason ...

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhhh...ENFp, anyone? Like...the stereotype? Not a single doubt in my mind.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Uhhh...ENFp, anyone? Like...the stereotype? Not a single doubt in my mind.
    Now that you mentioned it... Yes, ENFp seems possible.
    me

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a thought... INTp, anyone?
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alanis Nadine Morissette

I’m inclined to agree with the IEE-Fi typing of her.

Alanis Morissette: IEE-Fi (Normalizing subtype) [IEE-EII]

‘. . . . If we were our culture / If we were our leaders / If we were our denials I'd be joining you / I remember vividly a day years ago we were camping / You knew more than you thought you should know / You said "I don't want ever to be brainwashed" . . . . You were intense / You were uncomfortable in your own skin / You were thirsty but mostly you were beautiful / If we were our nametags / If we were our rejections / If we were our outcomes I'd be joining you / If we were our indignities / If we were our successes / If we were our emotions I'd be joining you / You and I we're like four-year-olds / We want to know why and how come about everything / We want to reveal ourselves at will and speak our minds and never talk small and be intuitive / And question mightily and find God / My tortured beacon / We need to find like-minded companions / If we were their condemnations / If we were their projections / If we were our paranoias I'd be joining you / If we were our incomes / If we were our obsessions / If we were our afflictions I'd be joining you / We need reflection / We need a really good memory / Feel free to call me a little more often’

“I wouldn't have compromised as much / So much of myself for fear of having you hating me / And I would've sung so loudly it would've cracked myself! / And I became self-conscious of anything exuberant / I wouldn't have sold myself short / I wouldn't have kept my eyes glued to the ground / If I had've known my invisibility would not make a difference / I would've run around screaming proudly at the top of my voice / I wouldn't have said it was in fact luck / I'm talking idealism here / I would not have been so self-deprecating / And I wouldn't have cowered for fear of having my eyes scratched out! / I wouldn't have cut my comfort off / I wouldn't have feigned needlessness / And I would not have discredited every one of their compliments / It was your approval I wanted / Your congratulations”

“. . . . I liked you too much / I used to be attracted to boys who would lie to me and think solely about themselves / And you were plenty self-destructive for my taste at the time / I used to say ‘the more tragic the better’ . . . . Dear Marcus / You rocked my world / You had a charismatic way about you with the women / And you got me seriously thinking about spirituality . . . . I could never really feel relaxed and looked out for around you, though / And that stopped us from going any further than we did . . . . Dear [Dave], we learned so much / I realize we won't be able to talk for some time / And I understand that as I do you / The long distance thing was the hardest and we did as well as we could / We were together during a very tumultuous time in our lives / I will always have your back and be curious about you / About your career, your whereabouts”

“ . . . . How ‘bout that ever elusive kudo . . . . Thank you disillusionment / Thank you frailty / Thank you consequence / Thank you, thank you silence / How ‘bout me not blaming you for everything / How ‘bout me enjoying the moment for once / How ‘bout how good it feels to finally forgive you / How 'bout grieving it all one at a time . . . . The moment I let go of it was the moment I got more than I could handle / The moment I jumped off of it was the moment I touched down / How ‘bout no longer being masochistic / How ‘bout remembering your divinity / How ‘bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out / How ‘bout not equating death with stopping / Thank you [?????] / Thank you providence / Thank you disillusionment / Thank you nothingness / Thank you clarity / Thank you, thank you silence . . . .”

http://www.hereinmyhead.com/musicians/alanis.html

"When I had moved to Toronto, I was alone in a big city, not knowing

anyone. I had several depressions every day, until I heard Little

Earthquakes
    from Tori Amos. Her music turned my life upside down.

She touched me like no woman had ever done with her music before and

she taught me another way to sing. All my negative feelings, which I had

been carrying with me for so long and which I didn't know what to do with,

suddenly got use and meaning. I discovered I must not hide the feelings, but

use them. But I still had a lot of shit to deal with."

-- Alanis [Morissette]; OOR Magazine, Apr 20, 1996

"When I first heard Tori Amos's Little Earthquakes, it just blew me

away. Perhaps musically it wasn't what I wanted to do, but her honesty was

something I related to in such a visceral way. I'm not her and I will probably

never write like her and I don't sound like her...but I understand her!"

-- Alanis [Morissette]; Washington Post, Jan 29, 1996

"The first time I heard Tori Amos's Little Earthquakes, I played the

record in its entirety, lying on my living room floor, and I just bawled my

eyes out. It felt like the first time I could relate to a woman on that level

through her music and I was so grateful. I felt that she'd been through a lot

of the things I'd gone through."

-- Alanis; Q Magazine, Mar 1996

- Robert Christgau:

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_a...nis+Morissette

Jagged Little Pill [Maverick/Reprise, 1995]
    I was down with the Riot Grrrl Appreciation Society on this reluctant refugee from Canadian children's television, who some say was invented by Madonna herself so she could distract the publicity machine while raising her own biological girl. That is, I approved when she played the pissed-off spikehead and recoiled from such candid self-dramatizations as "Perfect" and "Mary Jane." But with help from six or seven arrantly effective songs, she's happy to help 15 million girls of many ages stick a basic feminist truth in our faces: privileged phonies have identity problems too. Not to mention man problems. B+

Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie [Maverick/Reprise, 1998]
    If "pop" means anything anymore, it ain't this. As a SoundScan-certified megadeal, she's outgrown the bright appeal of pop the way she's outgrown the punky abrasions that gave the debut its traction off the blocks. The mammoth riffs, diaristic self-analysis, and pretentious Middle Eastern sonorities of this music mark it as "rock," albeit rock with tunes. And in this context I suck it up, feeling privileged to listen along with all the young women whose struggles Morissette blows up to such a scale. Here's hoping lots of young men feel the same. A-

http://www.hereinmyhead.com/musicians/alanis.html

"I really like her. She's such a good person. I like her as a person a lot. I like the songwriting and I think I like her singing but I've got to tell you, I have a hard time listening to that record, just on a sonic level. It would make a dog's ears hurt. I hate records that have so much high end and no bottom."
    -- Tori; Q Magazine, May 1998

Q: Tori Amos said Jagged Little Pill would make a dog's ears hurt. Is that a crushing disappointment since she was your saviour?

A[lanis Morissette]: I didn't really consider her my saviour, but I was very inspired by her.

Inspired by her empowerment through her vulnerability. I'm still a fan of her's, I'll always be a

fan. Everyone has their opinion. Whether they love my record or hate it, I just think being in the

public eye and sharing music is an amazing way for people to define themselves and we define

ourselves in accordance. We define who we are by what we love and what we hate. People

loving it or hating it, I just take it in the same way. Other people's relationship to what I do

doesn't really affect me that much, although I love inspiring people or (laughs) repulsing

them."

-- Alanis; Q Magazine, Mar 1999

"My God, you guys, she's 21. Let her fit into tight pants...Let her explore and grow. I did. What is this you're not allowed to explore? Look at me now. I'm breast-feeding pigs."
    -- Tori; Toronto Sun, Jan 30, 1996

"I look forward to playing with a woman whom I will be touched by nightly on a musical, intellectual, spiritual and emotional level."
    -- Alanis; about the 5 1/2 Weeks Tour with Tori Amos

"Bringing two visions together to make one show can be tricky, so obviously, it takes a lot of mutual respect and a load of gear. With that in mind, Alanis and I are bringing two trucks just for ourselves: one filled with wine, the other filled with lip gloss."
    -- Tori; about the 5 1/2 Weeks Tour with Alanis

"No, it's [the tour] not the Christian campfire-girl thing, where we roast marshmallows and sing 'Kumbaya'. We're two separate people, but we're orbiting together. We see each other before the show always and we talk. We talk about what happened with our day. She was water-skiing yesterday, and I was with my niece who was telling me family stories. Each day we touch base, and it's not a studied thing. It's just hanging out, and you have to trust that is going to set a tone."
    -- Tori; Boston Globe, Aug 27, 1999

"Because it [the invitation to tour together] came from her, it meant something to me. And I don't feel a sense of division with her. I also like to watch her show from the wings. I just sense that this is an event. It's about two individual shows going on with two crews. To me, it's like a Dionysian ceremony with two storytellers."

"I wanted to do something sexy on this tour -- the feminist fist-in-the-air thing has been done. I'm hoping to blindfold the piano and rub down Alanis with ice cubes," she says, grinning mischievously. "But I'm not sure if she'll find it funny."
    -- Tori; Marie Claire Magazine, Oct 1999

Last edited by HERO; 06-03-2014 at 02:59 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some sort of nerd.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI (?)

She's not IEE or EII
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't the one that typed her IEE. I've seen that typing on Socionix since 2010 or 2011, and it says "Submitted by: Guest". Either way, it wasn't me. Yet NF definitely seems plausible. NF's can be "nerds". If I were to attempt to type her something independent of that it might be Beta NF, IEI/EIE. I'm not really sure. Anyway, I only wrote this just to let people know that I didn't originate the IEE typing of her... Either way, whatever she is she's probably not an XSXj type, although I could be wrong.

I just checked out this thread--

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nis-Morissette

And it turns out Gilly was the only one that suggested ENFp, so perhaps that typing originated with him. I don't know.

Beta NF is definitely still plausible.

Alanis Morissette: INFp, ENFj, ENFp, or ISXp?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I E E
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I want you to know that I'm happy for you / I wish nothing but the best for you both / An older version of me . . . . Does she speak eloquently? / And would she have your baby, I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother . . . . And every time you speak her name, does she know how you told me you'd hold me until you died, till you died? / But you're still alive / And I'm here to remind you of the mess you left when you went away / It's not fair to deny me/Of the cross I bear that you gave to me / You, you, you oughta know // You seem very well / Things look peaceful / I'm not quite as well / I thought you should know / Did you forget about me, Mr. Duplicity? / I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner / It was a slap in the face how quickly I was replaced . . . . I'm not gonna fade as soon as you close your eyes, and you know it / And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back / I hope you feel it...well, can you feel it? / Well, I'm here to remind you of the mess you left when you went away / It's not fair to deny me/Of the cross I bear that you gave to me / You, you, you oughta know . . .”

“ . . . . Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you when you think everything's okay and everything's going right / And life has a funny way of helping you out when you think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up in your face . . . . Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you / Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out . . . .”

[Buligescu (my biological father)]:“ ‘If it weren't for your maturity none of this would have happened / If you weren't so wise beyond your years, I would've been able to control myself / If it weren't for my attention, you wouldn't have been successful / And if it weren't for me, you would never have amounted to very much / Ooh, this could be messy / But you don't [care who’ll win] / Ooh, don't go telling everybody / And overlook this supposed [sin]’ / [my Mom (her mother’s maiden name—Alexandrescu)]: “We'll fast forward to a few years later / And no one knows except you and my family / And I have honored your request for silence [I didn’t tell your wife, son, grandson, etc. or ask for money; I didn't tell our son (the truth) until he was 17-years-old] / And you've washed your hands clean of this . . . . What part of our history's reinvented and under rug swept? / What part of your memory is selective and tends to forget? / What with this distance it seems so obvious? . . . .’ ”

“My foundation was rocked / My tried and true way to deal was to vanish / My departures were old / I stood in the room shaking in my boots / At that particular time love had challenged me to stay / At that particular moment I knew not to run away again / That particular month I was ready to investigate with you/At that particular time / We thought a break would be good / For four months we sat and vacillated / We thought a small time apart would clear up the doubts that were abounding / At that particular time love encouraged me to wait / At that particular moment it helped me to be patient / That particular month we needed time to marinate in what 'Us' meant / At that particular time / I've always wanted for you what you've wanted for yourself / And yet I wanted to save us high water or hell / And I kept on ignoring the ambivalence you felt / And in the meantime I lost myself / In the meantime I lost myself / I'm sorry I lost myself . . . You knew you needed more time / Time spent alone with no distraction / You felt you needed to fly solo and high/To define what you wanted / At that particular time love encouraged me to leave / At that particular moment I knew staying with you meant deserting me / That particular month was harder than you'd believe, but I still left/At that particular time”

IEE IX.jpg

- Robert Christgau:

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_a...nis+Morissette

Jagged Little Pill [Maverick/Reprise, 1995]
    I was down with the Riot Grrrl Appreciation Society on this reluctant refugee from Canadian children's television, who some say was invented by Madonna herself so she could distract the publicity machine while raising her own biological girl. That is, I approved when she played the pissed-off spikehead and recoiled from such candid self-dramatizations as "Perfect" and "Mary Jane." But with help from six or seven arrantly effective songs, she's happy to help 15 million girls of many ages stick a basic feminist truth in our faces: privileged phonies have identity problems too. Not to mention man problems. B+

Under Rug Swept [Maverick, 2002]
    Once dissed as the voice of pseudofeminist exploitation, Morissette was in fact a thinking original in a showbiz context she had the stuff to make something of. The pop-rock here lacks the faux-punk edge Glen Ballard got on the debut and the expansive grandeur he manufactured for the follow-up. But Morissette instantly demonstrates her gift for the catchy, crunching out a guitar riff and then revealing 21 "not necessarily needs but things that I prefer" in a lover. Stretching out il-lu-si-on and for-med to suit scansion or mood, opposing capital punishment and coming out for sex "more than three times a week," topping memorable verse with indelible chorus, she's a self-actualized nut who goes for what she wants, exactly as pretentious as the college girls she represents for. Whatever the biographical details, I hear love songs to a narcissist, an old flame, an "employee" (has anyone used that word in a song before?), plus a self-doubt anthem for perspective and gorgeous regrets for pathos. Even when the forced pronunciations turn gauche, she remains a good egg who's not afraid to put herself on the line. A-
    Last edited by HERO; 06-01-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta NF, I'm inclined to think EII-Ne

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Am I hallucinating or people really think she is a logical type?...
    She is all ethics.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Could be IEE def not EII
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NF, IEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Obvious IEE IMO
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alanis Morissette - Extraverted

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bethany do you think she could be IEI?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sensory ethical?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by get R View Post
    @Bethany do you think she could be IEI?
    don’t know much about her..she did date Ryan Reynolds (SLE). Also her current husbands looks SLE/ maybe SLI though