Thread: How often do you shower?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How often do you shower?

How many times a day to you take a shower?
    How long is your shower usually?

How often do you use shampoo, etc?

For me it seems like shampoo once aday is good --- any more is too much. I'm learning to enjoy taking quick showers from time to time, just because I feel like I need one. I haven't been that way most of my life, but I'm liking how this experiment is going.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

times a day?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-4 times a week.

shampoo about half the time, whenever i remember that i'm supposed to wash my hair. length ~10 mins.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shower everyday and always use soap and shampoo.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'd say every couple of days when I'm not depressed. When I am depressed, things like showering seems like a HUGE effort, and during those periods a couple times a week is more likely.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my genes come from either aquatic people or physically working people, because I have more fluid than most people... maybe it's related to why I drink more than most people, at meals anyways. Even the saliva in my mouth. For the longest time, I was typical INTj... in that I HATED using shampoo. I thought it made my hair look stupid, and feel weird -- it felt weak or brittle when I did. But I think that's because the shampoo I was using was too strong... or I was just clueless. I've actually found some things that I like recently, so it makes it a lot better.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

conditioner?

the INTj I was with used shampoo and conditioner, and he has short hair
    SEE

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Shampooing once a day is a waste of good quality hair products .

I bathe 3 times a week (rarely more or less), though I wash on a daily basis . As for the shower, that's currently a work in progress (the bathroom needs to have everything put into place first). I wash my face with warm water several times a day, just cuz it helps me focus.

UDP - Let's not have a thread about 'how many times do you go to the toilet?'

EDIT: I'm the same way with my hair - it takes me about 3 days to 'break it in' - if it needs washing, I just wash with warm water. Then, once a week, the dandruff dies. I hear that bed hair is fashionable at the moment.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Yeah, I'd say every couple of days when I'm not depressed. When I am depressed, things like showering seems like a HUGE effort, and during those periods a couple times a week is more likely.
    I won't mention how long I've gone without showering when I've been depressed -- it was a long time.

I like to take a shower right before I get in bed, and if I'm taking a shower I wash my hair. It'd be nice to take one every night, but I don't always do that.

During some summer vacations it would probably be a weak or so, if I was locked with something really interesting. But that was mostly because I had solitude and did not have to go out at all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, right.

summer vacations: ~1 shower/month.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    conditioner?

the INTj I was with used shampoo and conditioner, and he has short hair
    I don't like using all sorts of products. Conditioner never really did anything for me. Finding a good shampoo, and having a rotation to use now and then to give your hair/scalp a change up -- that's my strategy. Others who know more about hair told me some things, and I basically adapted it to my liking. I only have two shampoos right now, but they do the trick.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shower more frequently in the summer because as a home inspector I have to carry a 28 ft ladder and climb up on hot roofs, plus attics are often 110+ F, so showering daily is pretty much required.
    SEE

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Is that why they call you 'niffweed'?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Is that why they call you 'niffweed'?
    thats actually a far better description of me than the more common stereotype.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shower at least once a day. Shampoo, soap, conditioner.
    I come from a HUMID(VERY HUMID) place..
    But I'd only shampoo once a day, don't wanna damage my hair with too much shampoo-ing...
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower, shampoo, conditioner and 3 different kinds of soap once a day for about 30 minutes.
    Occasionally I'll take a bath later in the evening too.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Shower, shampoo, conditioner and 3 different kinds of soap once a day for about 30 minutes.
    Occasionally I'll take a bath later in the evening too.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    It's actually much healthier for your hair if you only wash it every other day. It's also best to only shampoo the roots, and condition the rest of the length while avoiding the roots.
    It's very humid here year round and very hot half the year. If I don't wash my hair every day it becomes very greasy and gross, but I know washing it every other day is better for it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I could live through the unclean days of hell

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yeah its really humid around here too

I used to wash my hair vigorously every day, and it would become oily very quickly which was frustrating. I had a friend who also had long dark hair like mind, but her hair always looked so nice and never appeared to be oily at all. She told me that she only washed her hair 3 times a week... I was stunned. Apparently the more you wash your hair, the more oil build up your scalp will create. I tried washing my hair every other day for a few weeks, and I noticed that it became much less oily over time, and a lot healthier looking.

This is true.

After you find out what is right for your hair, you will be able to tell the difference -- be able to notice when you need it and when you don't. ... so in this way, the path to enlightenment and the path to good hair are similar.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yeah its really humid around here too

I used to wash my hair vigorously every day, and it would become oily very quickly which was frustrating. I had a friend who also had long dark hair like mind, but her hair always looked so nice and never appeared to be oily at all. She told me that she only washed her hair 3 times a week... I was stunned. Apparently the more you wash your hair, the more oil build up your scalp will create. I tried washing my hair every other day for a few weeks, and I noticed that it became much less oily over time, and a lot healthier looking.
    Ahh.. yes. This is true.
    Washing your hair too often causes the scalp to release more oil to prevent it from being too dry. Thus washing it too often may cause your scalp to become flaky at first and then really oily. :wink:
    That's why I only shampoo my hair once a day.
    It's ridiculously humid here. I'm living right smack on the equator. :S
    Not washing it everyday, and i'll end up with hair like Snape from Harry Potter.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all are some dirty people.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Seriously.

Love your bath and do it right with some nice candles, a little jazz and some good ol' alone time with Mr. Bubble.

Y'know speaking of which I'm gonna have one right now. Gonna play some smooth music, start with a steaming shower then fill the tub, drop a little tea tree oil in for good measure against anything nasty like smelly feet, and maybe add a couple scented candles... :wink:

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take a shower every morning; if I did something that requires it, I will take another one during the day.

I wash my hair every day, since it gets really oily and it even changes color (from dark blondish to light brownish) if I don't wash it even for one day. Yes it may well be that if I would wash it less often my hair would gradually become less oily, but I haven't seen any reason to try it so far.

Also, since oily hair is related to oily skin, and oily skin keeps you more youthful-looking, perhaps it's also a factor in making most people think I'm about 8 years younger.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I have to go somewhere (most days) I shower in the morning. Then if I do some sports thing in the evening I take another shower before going to bed. If I'm not going anywhere I get a bit lazy and can skip shower for the day. So I mostly shower because I like to smell fresh for other people. However I'm so used to my wife that if I'm spending all day at home with her I might not bother to shower unless she asks me to. I have noticed this also when I spend a lot of time with other people like in the army or on a camp or trip etc that I don't have as big a need to show a "clean face" as I usually do. I guess it is sort of normal though. When you get used to people you get more relaxed and care less about making impressions (yes I used the word "impression").

I use soap and shampoo generally ones a day. Except if I'm going to a party thing in the evening I might use shampoo and soap twice a day (first in the morning then again in the evening). I'm also a bit of a hand washing freak and wash my hands quite a many times a day even when I'm alone and not seeing anyone.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take a shower every night before going to bed, with soap and a mild shampoo. I have an issue about going to bed dirty so I'd rather take it at night than in the morning. I got in the habit when my daughter was a baby because my husband could watch her at night when I took a shower, and as it turned out, I liked showering at night.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shower daily, and always in the late afternoon/early evening. I never take a shower in the morning because showering is a relaxing activity for me, and therefore I can't take it in the moment of the day I am the least relaxed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP II,

You da man bro'. Noting to sacred. I just gotta ask first. What useful application could you have for the insight you may gain from the knowledge of my bathing habits?
    2nd place is the 1st loser

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ this thread...

I don't remember the last time I took an actual bath.
    I shower every morning before work and sometimes after work depending on if i am doing anything after work or not. If I am going anywhere around people I always feel I have to shower. what's funny though is, I work in a cleanroom environment, 10,000 times cleaner than a hospital operating room... But i still feel dirty when i leave because I do have to wear a goretex suit and I do feel like I sweat, or at least keep annoyingly hot in it. So when I leave work, I feel dirty even though I'm sure I am far from it...lol On days when I don't work I will not set foot out of my house without a shower, except on the rare occasion i am going to play soccer or basketball, then showering before it wouldn't make sense since I'll do it when I get home anyway. Oh, and I Have to take showers after sex, and hell, sometimes before...lol
    My showers last about 3-8 minutes and I have always included shampoo and soap in every shower, I use pert plus cuz it makes sense to use both conditioner and shampoo at the same time... OMG awesome! <3.
    what's funny is when I'm sittin on my couch after being at home all day and thinking, I haven't done anything all day and I took a shower this morning...since I'm going out tonight do I need to take another shower just to make sure sitting around hasn't made me dirty, when faced with this I usually just take another shower. lol yay being wierd/overly clean...lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times a day to you take a shower? One, usually morning
    on the weekends if i'm not going out, i don't, usually i shower before i go out, otherwise i don't bother, lol

Ten minutes to fifteen

eh, every time i shower
    INFP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ(5)
    UDP II,

You da man bro'. Noting to sacred. I just gotta ask first. What useful application could you have for the insight you may gain from the knowledge of my bathing habits?
    Honestly, I don't care. I'm an INTJ/j

But in practising my gossip skills, I used my creativity to come up with this thread after coming out of a shower -- the second shower of the day.

Small talk

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I shower once a day, or more as necessary. Usually in the morning, because I get this awful bed hair. I wash my hair in very cold water and clean the rest of my body in warm water. I do a quick cold water rinse and then I'm finished. I wash my hair everyday because I have the same problem as Expat, except my hair goes from light brown to a darker brown. I'm also a hair gel user, and my hair starts to feel really gross sitting on my head if I don't wash the gel out at the end of the day.

edit: Oh yeah, another 10 minute shower taker. Though a total, overall routine could take up to 20 minutes, usually no more than 15 on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Also, since oily hair is related to oily skin, and oily skin keeps you more youthful-looking, perhaps it's also a factor in making most people think I'm about 8 years younger.
    Maybe that's why people think I'm 16.

Then again, they did let me in the pub last night despite not having ID, saying that I looked 20...

My mum also has oily skin, people are forever shocked when they discover that she has 4 children, saying she is far too young for that (she is 41).
    same with mine. she used to tell me in highschool that one day i'd be thrilled that i had slightly oily skin.

anyhow, regarding my shower schedule:

i would rather shower in the morning, but lately i've been doing it at night. it varies. usually once, sometimes twice a day.

i wash my hair every time i shower. i looked for ways to get out of having to wash my hair so much, too. then i just decided using a better shampoo/mild diluted shampoo would be a better alternative. lush.com stuff all over my shower.

and it usually takes me ~10 minutes.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Hey, how come nobody's brought up how many towels you use? I only use 1, but apparently some people find the need to use a 100. I find that very irritating. One towel is good enough for me. Two at the most, but only if you're a girl.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A discusion about the shower

How many times a day to you take a shower?
    Once, give or take one depending on what I've done that day

10-20 mins

I shampoo about every other time. It's bad for your hair to do it more often.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm anal about towels, I hate doing laundry. My sister uses three, Daniel uses two and I never use more than one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aright,

it's daily morning shower and shampoo every third day. can you say shower cap? seriously the best invention from the fifties, hahaha.

baths i'm not that crazy about since my tub is too small. but if it weren't i might take a bath now and again. with some lush added of course.

one towel please.

and please clean up after yourself in the bathroom. don't leave it all wet and with the towel on the floor, hair in the drain, and toothpaste in the sink.

thank you. :wink:

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

lol that's me, I piss people off so much for that.
    Lol well do whatever you want in your own home, but use my bathroom and it's BYOT (Bring Your Own Towels).

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    I'm anal about towels, I hate doing laundry. My sister uses three, Daniel uses two and I never use more than one.
    Ugh, yeah, I know what you mean. It creates more laundry, and depletes your fresh towel supply at an increased rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha
    How can you possibly need more than 2 towels?

I only use one towel these days because I have a separate towel specifically designed for drying hair, so I use that.
    Nice. Actually, I should amend my earlier statement. Even girls shouldn't really need more than 1 towel. Ok, 1 to wrap the hair up in, and 1 to do. . . what? Wrap around your body? Buy a bath robe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast