View Poll Results: what do we think his type was?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 100.00%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Andy Warhol

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Andy Warhol

I think he is an extreme Ni type?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Warhol

Last edited by silke; 08-09-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: updated links

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to be. My version is EIE, with IEI less likely.

A brief google search showed some of his subjects and photo mates: Marilyn Monroe, Mick Jagger, Michael Jackson -- all Beta types in my opinion. Here's a good photo of him:

http://www.artofcolour.com/pop-art/p...rhol-photo.jpg

He's thin and wiry, has an expressive, changeable face and appearance (likes to pose and change his image), and is focused on eliciting a reaction and focused on pop art and social phenomena (ethics). He seemed to enjoy being controversial.

That's my impression, anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never could stand his personality , the message behind his work I liked.

I think he has and is irrational.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't find references, so I'll have to quote from memory -- when he died, it turned out that his personal collections, and the decoration of this living quarters, were all based on classics. Nothing modern or avant-garde -- all classics. Extremely good, but conventional, taste.

If true - and I think it is - it shows him to be a hypocrite and a showman, living a lie.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say EIE definitely, now that I've read a bit more about him. He's all hype, all provocation. Very expansive activities, kept trying to reach new audiences and keep himself in the public eye.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFJ in my opinion.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    ISFJ in my opinion.
    why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I can't find references, so I'll have to quote from memory -- when he died, it turned out that his personal collections, and the decoration of this living quarters, were all based on classics. Nothing modern or avant-garde -- all classics. Extremely good, but conventional, taste.

If true - and I think it is - it shows him to be a hypocrite and a showman, living a lie.
    what makes you say that he's a hypocrite?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because there is discrepancy between what he thought and what he said.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    I would say EIE definitely, now that I've read a bit more about him. He's all hype, all provocation. Very expansive activities, kept trying to reach new audiences and keep himself in the public eye.
    I watched some short videos with him, and I've just about changed my mind to IEI.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI's art is usually pretty abstract and or at least metaphorical/symbolic. I'm not saying there can't be exceptions to this rule, but it seems to me Warhol was SEI 3w4 sx/so (59 trifix).

His art was totally concrete and he seems like he had a strong sense of fashion, of appearance, of glamour, you know, gay SF stuff.

His quotes are not metaphorical and don't seem in any sense: they don't talk about the meaning of life, nor about the flow of time, and when he mentions aging it is more expressing fears about losing his physical beauty and his body deteriorating than any kind of fear of the passage of time.

He was afraid of death, was very religious, went to mass every sunday and got involved in his church's charity work. The latter fact could actually indicate ESI- as an alternative typing, the fact his beliefs were very important to him and also very private. ESI- can resemble SEI in terms of softness and if they are in the heart center, they can have similar tastes as IEIs and SEIs.

None of the stuff in favor of SEI really negates ESI either. The gay SF stuff seems to reinforce it, I've known a female ESI- who lived a very Warhol-esque lifetsyle, frequenting glamorous people and nightlife. It can be hard to distinguish these two types on a surface level.

ESI would respond to in a positive way, usually they respond to my jokes with wit of their own, or at least they get it. SEIs appear blank when hearing my jokes and turn of mind. Warhol seems like the kind of guy who would remain blank when I crack a joke, but maybe that is my imagination - no way to be sure.

SEIs also tend to be energized by group atmosphere, needs cheerful gatherings, and conversely to ESI, doesn't like work. ESI is a hard worker. From my knowledge of Warhol he busted his ass working. Warhol doesn't seem like he would waste his time with social gatherings just for the sake of cheery atmosphere, he seems like he interacted with people in a business way. I notice gamma SFs tend to avoid pointless socilalization and socialize more around business connections. This seems totally Warhol. I don't know how methodical or systematic he was in his work, though, he spent alot of time filming people and objects, this was how he he worked. I don't imagine him going "ok guys, now we're going to sit down and have a meeting, then we're going to work for at least 12 hours".

It seems his type could go either way. I think there is more evidence of ESI than SEI. But I can't be sure for now.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 08-08-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I type him as SEI. I mirror @Avebury's thoughts on Andy Warhol exactly. As someone who was a huge fan of his photography, I can just say that no matter what his type is, he's still my LOVE and I want him to eat soup from my navel, thanks.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very special kind of freak of nature. Maybe SEI. At least the style seems very far from what we are supposed to look for ESI not saying that SEI is ligthyears closer either...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy Warhol - ENFJ - Hamlet

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post

Hmm, this is absolutely not true, even if i'm late to the party saying this. Example: He had a very large collection of aboriginal art, which was sold in auctions.