Thread: Delta on the good stuff about the universe

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta on the good stuff about the universe

There are a lot of rants on the forums, which is to be expected, I think people will naturally tend to rant more here than in real life.

However, I would like to address the balance here, say what stuff about the universe you like, that makes you go 'ahh', and the things that give you that little warm fuzzy feeling inside

I will start,

I like the beauty of nature, trees, flowers and sunsets.
    I like colourful artwork, and artwork that captures emotion.
    I like chocolate
    I like how the human race is intelligent enough to make incredably complicated pieces of metal and plastic we call computers, that can enhance our lives in so many different ways.
    I like how society attempts to have a formalised system to help all people with various problems, such as physical health and mental health problems.
    I like how society is encouraging individuals to go after there particular hobbies and interests, making a greater range more socially acceptible.
    I like the internet, and that I can talk to people around the world who are interested in socionics, something I might not be able to do with my friends in real life.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on the bright side, humanity still has several more decades left before its inevitable collapse into widespread poverty, chaos, death, and possible extinction.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(did anyone of u realize that the length of each post for this thread is very much shorter than that of each post regarding your rants on the other thread? hmm.....)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread having like 1/10 of the content of the rant thread = negativism
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    positivism does not exist and never will.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've typed about 7 responses that I've deleted because I have a hard time replying to this topic...wtf. wierd.
    Instead I will just post a fuzzy wuzzy pic.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Lies, all of them.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are wrong because you did not specify which kind of positivism: logical positivism is indeed existant.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    You are wrong because you did not specify which kind of positivism: logical positivism is indeed existant.
    positivism does not exist by definition. therefore any logical positivism must either be flawed logic or based upon division by zero.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like storms, rain and basically any display of Nature like a volcano or tornado. I also like how diverse life is and now it interelates with each other. Seeing a wedge tailed eagle flying is cool and im glad this stuff still exists

I like it when someone achieves something they thought was impossible. Im impressed when someone does something they were scared to do and takes a leap of faith. I like it when someone succeeds through tough circumstances.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    I like storms, rain and basically any display of Nature like a volcano or tornado. I also like how diverse life is and now it interelates with each other. Seeing a wedge tailed eagle flying is cool and im glad this stuff still exists

I like it when someone achieves something they thought was impossible. Im impressed when someone does something they were scared to do and takes a leap of faith. I like it when someone succeeds through tough circumstances.
    Me too. I like movies with a moral lesson and a happy endings. I love the color and texture of persimons. I like food of all sorts and music that you can sing along to. I like it when music is done well and layered and original. I like the feeling of falling in love. I like people who are modest, stylish and interesting. I love going for a jog in the morning. I like helping other people feel good about themselves and I like discovering someones talents and commending them for it. I like coming in from a cold day to a warm house with dinner prepared. I like new begingings. I like traveling to different countries and seeing how other people live. I like cute girls that laugh at my jokes or who grab my arm when Im walking with them. I like soft kisses and warm long huggs. I love the autumn leaves in New England and I love the sound of laughter. I love a good nights sleep and waking up early and energized. I like making a list and doing everything on it, even the tough stuff. I love getting a call from someone I havent seen in a long time. I like my i-pod and having a soundtrack to my world when Im all alone. I love when someone invites me out to do something fun when I had absolutely no plans and am feeling sorry for myself. I like pens that work. I like the internet especially when I show self control and know when to call it quits. I love it when I accomplish something Ive been procrastinating on forever. I like my family. I like the smell of fresh cut wood. I love learning new ways to think about old subjects that have gotten stale to me. I like breaking up old dichotimies and entering into new pardigms.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i learned the word pardigm when i was in early elementary school and the whole day after I learned it i had para-dig-em running through my head all day. I knew it was a silent G but I thought it was so much cooler to put the sound in there...lol
    this post brought to you by the letter G.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    i think i learned the word pardigm when i was in early elementary school and the whole day after I learned it i had para-dig-em running through my head all day. I knew it was a silent G but I thought it was so much cooler to put the sound in there...lol
    this post brought to you by the letter G.
    Cracka you are so fun<#

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's see...
    I like remembering things from my past that bring a smile to my face. I love seeing my family after long periods of time. I love visiting my home town and seeing how much easier life seems to be compared to the city'ish life I have now. I like meeting a person with an accent and trying to place where they're from, then asking them and getting it right. I like meeting a person for the first time and thinking how awesome they seem to be. I like traveling and seeing something that I've only heard about. I like seeing a baby smile when they are happy. Or a kid do something hilarious that they could only get away with because they are young. I like driving around just to listen to the new cd I bought and listening to a song over and over until I know all the words. I love it when I do something and it gets noticed and appreciated. I like it when a person waves at me when i let them pull out in front of me on a busy road. I like a nice home cooked meal that took an hour or two to make. I like it when i find a nice curvy road with no traffic. I like to hang out with friends and talk about the past and all the good times we've had. I like the ocean, the sky, and the sun. I like talking to someone that I haven't seen in years. i like finally getting some from that chick you've been trying to hook up with forever...lol. I like hearing when someone pulls through a bad illness. I like being able to say I've never done drugs and calling myself a dork because of it. I like hearing my mother tell me how proud she is. I like scoring the winning goal of a soccer game against your teams arch rival. I like seeing a name in a book/newspaper/movie/magazine for anyone I know if it's for good reasons. I like when someone tells me they love and trust me. There's a considerable amount of things more that I could write but I don't wanna type anymore. bleh.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard someone say once how it's harder to be positive than it is to be negative. It takes more energy to be happy. Kind of like walking up a hill instead of down. Hmm, there's all sorts of implications to that...

Anyway, I don't have a lot of time at the moment to write, but I'd like to say that I'm happy to have life. And it is so comforting to know that I'm always loved, always valued, and that that value does not rest in what I do or where I go.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

peanut butter, good friends, pretty girls with personality, guitars, art, alcohol and all its wonders, short posts on forums, music that brings out emotion, meeting new people, all kinds of good shit out there, just gotta look
    Last edited by silke; 03-16-2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: edited out spam link

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the beauty and mystery of nature.
    I like chocolate, and good food and drink.
    I like laughing and hanging out with friends and family.
    I like listening to, and watching beautiful and inspiring music and films.
    I like it when I see decent people making a difference in the world.
    I like it when I come home and my dog is overwhelmed with joy to see me.
    I like spending time with my interests.
    I like the small joys of life…
    ...among other things I cant think of right now.
    - DEEP THOUGHT OF THE DAY -

Just remember... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
    -Trevor Myers