Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 56

Thread: Actually being an ISTp is cool

  1. #1
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Actually being an ISTp is cool

    ISTps seem to have an easier life than an INFj. Everybody seems to like them for being cool, laid-back, simple, fun, and even their shyness. INfjs can get a little melancholic, thoughtful and a little serious sometimes. If u have an INFj and ISTp in the same room and both are sitting there silently, people r more likely to approach an ISTp based on first impression. Shyness in an ISTp seems to be more charismatic as compared to other introverts. What do you think?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Actually being an ISTp is cool

    ---
    INTp
    sx/sp

  3. #3
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Actually being an ISTp is cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    ISTps seem to have an easier life than an INFj. Everybody seems to like them for being cool, laid-back, simple, fun, and even their shyness. INfjs can get a little melancholic, thoughtful and a little serious sometimes. If u have an INFj and ISTp in the same room and both are sitting there silently, people r more likely to approach an ISTp based on first impression. Shyness in an ISTp seems to be more charismatic as compared to other introverts. What do you think?
    You're an ISTp! I love you already.
    I think ISTps are cool too. Though I don't have any close ISTp friends.
    So I don't think I can be a good judge on that.
    Umm, don't know who i'll actually approach first though, SLI or EII.
    ISTp <3
    lol.....what makes u feel that I'm an ISTp?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Actually being an ISTp is cool

    ---
    INTp
    sx/sp

  5. #5
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually mirror. I'm an INFj..... :wink:

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ---
    INTp
    sx/sp

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i dunno. infjs are pretty hot. their attitude i mean. i just don't like having to play cat and mouse games for hours on end before they trust you enough to let their guard down and get to know you better. inxjs maybe, at least of that particular breed. i rather enjoy istps as well except when they get rather melodramatic

  8. #8
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think INFjs appear more approachable. They generally look interested in what's going on around them. ISTps look angry 85% of the time. Even when they aren't angry.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    i dunno. infjs are pretty hot. their attitude i mean. i just don't like having to play cat and mouse games for hours on end before they trust you enough to let their guard down and get to know you better. inxjs maybe, at least of that particular breed. i rather enjoy istps as well except when they get rather melodramatic
    This is why I say I can't be the same type you think is istp even though you think I'm one. I'm the opposite of melodramatic. Actually, I can find it pretty annoying. If anything I underexaggerate any emotional expressions.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well you know that look in an istps eyes when like their world has been crushed but they don't want anyone to know? i mean that sort of thing. ask the enfps. i am sure they know what i am talking about

  11. #11
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have no way of interpreting the look an ISTp has in his/her eyes. I frequently think my husband is angry, irritated, or bored when he is feeling something entirely other than that. And I thought my new ISTp neighbor didn't like me for a little while because she had that same vaguely irritated look to her eyes all the time. I have no way of interpreting that look. I think they're angry and then all of a sudden they do or say something that makes it evident that they're actually very happy. Or are just thinking about something and concentrating. Or something else entirely.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  12. #12
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    well you know that look in an istps eyes when like their world has been crushed but they don't want anyone to know? i mean that sort of thing. ask the enfps. i am sure they know what i am talking about
    I know that look but I wouldnt call it melodramatic. I have seen ISTPs go to social events and then announce their presense by showy indifference . They like to ask for attention in subtle, nonverbal ways and may turn really dark if they dont recieve any. One ISTP I know can get especially excitable when around his family and friends but otherwise he is pretty much quiet and brooding. For me personally, I have no problem approaching INFJs because I almost automatically expect that we will have things to talk about and I just know they will be sympathetic. ISTPs I have to warm up to because we are so different its like approaching a real stranger until I get to know them better. It usually takes longer for me to know ISTPs an even longer still to really understand them if thats possible. The reason for that is because ISTPs are motivated like no other. Whatever you may expect from others you have to be prepared to get the opposite or something different. They do this on purpose to confuse you. :wink: I think the ISTP is actually a walking contridiction. They want to be left alone and they want to be close, they want you to understand them, but they dont want to give themselves away. They want to be relied on and trusted and at the same time they want complete feedom from all controls. Its probably enough to drive an ENFP wild with desire.
    INFJs are similar to ENFPs except reversed. ENFP may be loopy on the outside but pretty firm in convictions on the inside. INFJs are consistent and solid on the outside and Loopy on the inside And thats why I like em.

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  13. #13
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I need to meet an ENFP.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I need to meet an ENFP.
    You should live near me. I could introduce you to at least four, not including myself. We're loaded with them here.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    This is why I say I can't be the same type you think is istp even though you think I'm one. I'm the opposite of melodramatic. Actually, I can find it pretty annoying. If anything I underexaggerate any emotional expressions.
    Me also, I didnt think melodrama was considered a common ISTp trait?


    In my personal experience, I find INFj's are usually quite receptive and easy to talk to, they can just get a little too heavy with their passions and emotions sometimes. I think ISTp's are a bit more variable, probably depending on their life experiences, if you get an open one they will be easy to talk to and friendly, although the more closed reserved ones are not uncommon.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

  16. #16
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How is FFXII, Eunice?

    I haven't played a video game in ages, but if I am to, FF might be able to get me.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  17. #17
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    all i meant was that sometimes when i look at an istp i see an esfj raging inside there and it sort of freaks me out.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    perhaps an example is in order. i'm sure we have all heard the stories of an istp who goes through a bad break-up and then decides to smash in their ex's windshield or something in revenge. i mean that sort of thing. you can see it raging inside them. not just rage either, all sorts of crazy crap dances behind those eyes esp. if you push them on it

  20. #20
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    How is FFXII, Eunice?

    I haven't played a video game in ages, but if I am to, FF might be able to get me.
    I haven't check it out yet. I love the graphics though.

    I realize that as an INFj, my inner emotions are usually not reflected on my face. When Iím just showing my normal expression, there are people who asked why I look sad and tired even when Iím not feeling this way. When I speak normally, a few commented that my voice is quite monotonous, even though it sounds ok to me. Yet, when I get excited and was discussing about some happy events to someone else, my brother observed and commented that I sounded angry and indignant when I talk about them (based on the tone of my voice, not my content). When someone is been made fun of in a merciless way, I feel bad for that person even though I donít know her, but I feel as if Iím in her shoes. People have regarded this as me being soft even though I just feel that Iím being emphatic to her problems.

  21. #21
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I need to meet an ENFP.
    Hearing Jessica say this has brought a tear to my eye.

    I can now leave this forum in peace
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - AnaÔs Nin

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did someone mention dancing crap!!!!

  23. #23
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    This is why I say I can't be the same type you think is istp even though you think I'm one. I'm the opposite of melodramatic. Actually, I can find it pretty annoying. If anything I underexaggerate any emotional expressions.
    Melodrama is the antithesis behaviour of the Delta quadra. The idea of melodrama is powerful expression of not always so powerful or meaningful emotions and experiences-- this is not characteristic of the Delta quadra. Subdued emotional states and quiet hate/love/reproach/curiosity strain the Delta quadra. Two ST men from the Delta quadra could be best friends their entire lives and speak once or twice of their interpersonal relations. Of course, everyone has fun every once and a while, and is capable of behaving childishly. Let's never discount the existence of objects and their effect on us.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ---
    INTp
    sx/sp

  25. #25
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Being an ENFp, people(mostly those from other quadras) have said that the way I look at people, seems not-welcoming. Despite this, there are strangers or foreigners who tend to approach me to ask for directions. This might be a Delta trait? I have no idea, just thought i'd point this out.
    This is funny. Sometimes I am a bit shy and try not to hold my glance at people too long. I think I have a tendency to stare at people, examining them and I dont like to get caught doing it. At any rate, when ever Im in a department store or just standing around people will approach me and ask me if I work there or for directions. I dont know exactly what it is I do but I think its because I look at them and I tend to have a smile on my face. Maybe they see that as "May I help you?"
    It almost doesnt even matter what Im wearing at the time which is pretty bizzare. I could be wearing speedos and nothing else and someone would be like "Escuse me, do you work here....?" I'll even have my back turned to someone and they will tap me and ask me where they can find a larger size etc. Once even the cashier thought I was a stock boy and asked me to get something out of the back
    So what is that all about and does anyone else get this?

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  26. #26
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  27. #27
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    INFJs are similar to ENFPs except reversed. ENFP may be loopy on the outside but pretty firm in convictions on the inside. INFJs are consistent and solid on the outside and Loopy on the inside
    I agree with your observations.

    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Actually being an ISTp is cool

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    ISTps seem to have an easier life than an INFj. Everybody seems to like them for being cool, laid-back, simple, fun, and even their shyness. INfjs can get a little melancholic, thoughtful and a little serious sometimes. If u have an INFj and ISTp in the same room and both are sitting there silently, people r more likely to approach an ISTp based on first impression. Shyness in an ISTp seems to be more charismatic as compared to other introverts. What do you think?

    Pfffft, you've gotta be kidding me.

    As an ISTp, I can assure you that no one ever approaches me. People have labeled me as intimidating, snobbish, aloof, etc.


    However, on the other hand, I can identify with your first sentence. Those that manage to break through the sour candy coating to the delicious nut inside characterize me as laid-back, cool, and fun. I've even been teased jokingly/lovingly about my shyness, which just makes me blush, which makes the teaser's eyes and face just light up, which makes me blush a little more, which makes them light up even more, and it just turns into a big giggly vicious circle.


    Honestly though, I think more than anything I just end up feeling left out, misunderstood, forgotten, and lonely. That comment that someone else made about ISTp's being walking contradictions really resonated with me.

  29. #29
    …minence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type compatibility makes things easier, but it will never make things to work automatically. Like everything else in life, it requieres experience and the ability to turn experience into practical knowledge.

    I'm lucky in the sense of have experienced duality from early chilhood. My best friend of that time was ISTp and supported me very much. I also realized, unfortunately after losing contact with him, that I also supported him in ways that were not so visible to me. He didn't had a mother (his parents were divorced) and I gave him plenty of emotional support he desperately needed. Like they say, duality is a relationship of mutual benefit.

    Since then I've known other ISTp and I've learned how to approach them effectively. Maybe it will be helpful to other fellow ENFp.

    ISTp are extremelly quiet. You'll always find them observing, but keeping silence. They rarely want to readly approach you. So that's one thing to keep in mind: they are responsive.

    Do not try to approach them directly the first time you get in contact. Instead, try to talk to other people in front of them. We ENFp tend to have a very developed sense of humor and try to be nice with everyone. The ISTp will notice it readly and will start to be interested and since he doesn't feel the pressure to open up, he will have plenty of time for the "introvert" stuff.

    After a few times of observing you in secret, the ISTp will probably develop a sense of trust for you. So it's the time to start making stuble signals of interest in them.

    For example, my favourite way is to laugh at a joke made by someone else and turn to look the ISTp face with the smile. Do it a few times and the ISTp will feel overwhelmed... "hey, he's looking at me!". In the very deep, ISTp feel invisible to most people, as if no one really cares about them.

    Once you see their faces change (because you will notice if you are truly an ENFp), the contact is entablished. A good deal in communication between the ISTp and the ENFp is done with gestures and not words.

    However, to ensure that your interest in the ISTp is obvious, you might want to do something else: ask them about their opinion when you are discussing something with someone else. The ISTp also feels amused when someone considers their opinion important. Also, it's an excellent way to ask for their name and other personal details, for example.

    P.S. If you want to know where to find ISTp, just try to pay attention to all people around you and not only the ones your are interested in. We miss most of them (ISTp) because we tend to ignore people who doesn't respond to us readly.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  30. #30
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Being an ENFp, people(mostly those from other quadras) have said that the way I look at people, seems not-welcoming. Despite this, there are strangers or foreigners who tend to approach me to ask for directions. This might be a Delta trait? I have no idea, just thought i'd point this out.
    This is funny. Sometimes I am a bit shy and try not to hold my glance at people too long. I think I have a tendency to stare at people, examining them and I dont like to get caught doing it. At any rate, when ever Im in a department store or just standing around people will approach me and ask me if I work there or for directions. I dont know exactly what it is I do but I think its because I look at them and I tend to have a smile on my face. Maybe they see that as "May I help you?"
    It almost doesnt even matter what Im wearing at the time which is pretty bizzare. I could be wearing speedos and nothing else and someone would be like "Escuse me, do you work here....?" I'll even have my back turned to someone and they will tap me and ask me where they can find a larger size etc. Once even the cashier thought I was a stock boy and asked me to get something out of the back
    So what is that all about and does anyone else get this?
    I get asked for directions, but I've never been mistaken for a store worker. Little kids when they're lost will come up to me and ask for help though.
    Talking abt been approached, I have something to share too. Whenever I walk along the streets alone or with my friends, I tend to be approached by people soliciting for donations for charity organizations, insurance agents and sales people even though there are alot of people along the streets as will. They tend to spend a lot of time persuading me compared to others, as if I will definitely sucuumbed to their request more easily than others. Even though I give a firm "no" repeatedly most of the time. I realise people tend to see INF* as too nice (even on first impression) and love taking advantage of them.

  31. #31
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Actually being an ISTp is cool

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm

    Pfffft, you've gotta be kidding me.

    As an ISTp, I can assure you that no one ever approaches me. People have labeled me as intimidating, snobbish, aloof, etc.


    However, on the other hand, I can identify with your first sentence. Those that manage to break through the sour candy coating to the delicious nut inside characterize me as laid-back, cool, and fun. I've even been teased jokingly/lovingly about my shyness, which just makes me blush, which makes the teaser's eyes and face just light up, which makes me blush a little more, which makes them light up even more, and it just turns into a big giggly vicious circle.


    Honestly though, I think more than anything I just end up feeling left out, misunderstood, forgotten, and lonely. That comment that someone else made about ISTp's being walking contradictions really resonated with me.
    hmmm, I guess many introverts generally face the same problem. But I always admire ISTp 'cos they remind me of James Bond sometimes And everybody (and I really mean everyone) likes them! Like some people I know personally and celebrities like.....


    Angelina Jolie

    Grace Kelly

    Meg Ryan

    Mel Gibson

    Noel Gallagher

  32. #32
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like all those people even if I don't know them! I guess, in a way, you could say 'everyone' likes them because in this situation everyone means--Bah, when you said everyone you meant everyone... Well I guess I really do like those people! In fact, I met a starving man in Africa and he and I were discussing people we like and he said, "Heath, you know who I really like?" and based on knowledge of the truth of likes and dislikes I said, "Angelina Jolie, Grace Kelly, Meg Ryan, Mel Gibson, and Noel Gallagher?" And he said, "Yes!! How did you know?!" And I responded, "Everyone likes them. And when I say everyone-- I mean everyone."

    I could continue.

  33. #33
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Actually being an ISTp is cool

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    And everybody (and I really mean everyone) likes them!
    ha! Can you please try and convince everyone around me of that? You can be my own personal spokesperson.

    I find it's quite the opposite, actually. Everyone hates me!

  34. #34
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Actually being an ISTp is cool

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    And everybody (and I really mean everyone) likes them!
    ha! Can you please try and convince everyone around me of that? You can be my own personal spokesperson.

    I find it's quite the opposite, actually. Everyone hates me!
    Oh Im sure youre exagerating. Surely your mom likes you and maybe your dad and then theres.... well lets see..... Ive never met you soooooo..... hmm..... (crickets)

    Ahem... My goodness, the wind is picking up today. I wonder if it will rain


    Just kidding. I'll bet there are people that care about you that you have taken for granted. (inset monologue about reaching out to others and so on, blah, blah, blah)
    *semi-newish thought*
    Also there are a million kids out there dying for someone to take interest in them. Many of them are just like you and need someone who understands them. ISTPs are great with kids. Just dont kill them when they get on your nerves

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  35. #35
    …minence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Actually being an ISTp is cool

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    And everybody (and I really mean everyone) likes them!
    Can you please try and convince everyone around me of that? You can be my own personal spokesperson.
    It's one of the things I used to do for my friend. I used to tell other people how good my friend were to me and kind of created a good reputation for him.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  36. #36
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I like all those people even if I don't know them! I guess, in a way, you could say 'everyone' likes them because in this situation everyone means--Bah, when you said everyone you meant everyone... Well I guess I really do like those people! In fact, I met a starving man in Africa and he and I were discussing people we like and he said, "Heath, you know who I really like?" and based on knowledge of the truth of likes and dislikes I said, "Angelina Jolie, Grace Kelly, Meg Ryan, Mel Gibson, and Noel Gallagher?" And he said, "Yes!! How did you know?!" And I responded, "Everyone likes them. And when I say everyone-- I mean everyone."

    I could continue.
    This is very sarcastic and mean. I shouldnt laugh. Its not funny Youre so bad Thats not right OK its kinda funny. actually its hilarious. I dont appprove ... continue...


    @Mikemex,
    Thanks for your description on how to approach ISTPs. It was very good and reminded me of somethings I had forgotten.

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hate Mel Gibson.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  38. #38
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I hate Mel Gibson.
    GASP bu, bu, but... WHY?

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  39. #39
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't like Mel Gibson either. He has some serious issues.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  40. #40
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Actually being an ISTp is cool

    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I like all those people even if I don't know them! I guess, in a way, you could say 'everyone' likes them because in this situation everyone means--Bah, when you said everyone you meant everyone... Well I guess I really do like those people! In fact, I met a starving man in Africa and he and I were discussing people we like and he said, "Heath, you know who I really like?" and based on knowledge of the truth of likes and dislikes I said, "Angelina Jolie, Grace Kelly, Meg Ryan, Mel Gibson, and Noel Gallagher?" And he said, "Yes!! How did you know?!" And I responded, "Everyone likes them. And when I say everyone-- I mean everyone."

    I could continue.
    LolÖ..I donít literally mean everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    And everybody (and I really mean everyone) likes them!
    ha! Can you please try and convince everyone around me of that? You can be my own personal spokesperson.

    I find it's quite the opposite, actually. Everyone hates me!
    I donít believe that everyone hates u. Maybe they are just jealous of u. I feel that ISTps in general seem to be very confident in a quiet way and are athletic. And people envy those qualities, especially most introverts (ok, I admit Iím making an assumption here). I always wanted to be an extrovert. But if I have to be an introvert, I want to be an ISTp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •