Thread: Personality correlation to careers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Personality correlation to careers

Is it possible which careers or jobs is best for each personality. Say if so what would it be? As I so far volunteer I really like my job of volunteering at the humaine society. But hate house cleaning.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm an INTj and I'm currently employed as a chemistry instructor at a local community college. What I like most about my job is the chance to learn new things and exercise my creativity. For the most part I'm satisfied except that I feel that my people skills are not up to par. I'm nice to my students and all but I just don't feel that emotional bond with them. I can't get into all the touchy feely things that the other teachers seem to embrace. I mean, I don't care what my students do in their free time, I'm not there to solve their personal problems, yet students bring personal issues to me during my office hours. I just want to teach them chemistry. For that reason, I've doubted whether teaching is really a good match for me. I get to use frequently enough but I have to use more extraversion and feeling than I'm comfortable with. Not to mention the bureaucratic stuff.

I'm working on a library degree right now, will graduate in about a year. I'd like to work in an academic library- such as those found in colleges and universities. I'm thinking that will be more suited to my introverted and thinking preferences.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is possible but do not take it too far.

SFs tend to do better in jobs that require a lot of people skills and interacting with people like politics, sales, etc etc. But anyone can push themselves to become adept at any type of job it is just a matter of how much effort you want to put into it.

Working at as a volunteer at the humane society would be an enjoyable job for an ISFp I imagnine because it involves some things that they often enjoy like helping out, being a part of a more friendly/less intense work environment (because volunteering is less stressful generally as you don't have to worry about getting fired etc), and helping animals. Try to find jobs that you enjoy and don't let anyone tell you that you can't have a particular job because it "doesn't suit your type."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Pedro. I've had two very different jobs so far: one programming and one as an EMT (ok, so that's volunteer).

The programming job (mostly web dev) perfectly suited my introverted nature, I talked with the guy across the hall over IM instead of walking over! Analyzing, debugging, all very INTj and I liked it and was good at it... But that job sucked the life right out of me.
    Now I'm an EMT volunteering with the first aid squad. My pager wakes me up at all hours of the night. I have to use my weak sensing and feeling and be extraverted. It's taking me longer than I'd hoped it would to become competent. Sometimes I get frustrated with myself and I have to do things that scare me half to death. But I love it! I think that once I get the hang of things, I'll get a paid job as an EMT and maybe become a paramedic.

There is definitely something to be said for doing what you have a natural aptitude for. It's nice to see people who are really great at what they do. I may decide that I'm not suited to be a paramedic but rather something more INTj-ish. But, on the other hand, my first job wasn't making me a better person, if anything I was ignoring my weaker functions and using the stronger ones as a crutch. Now I'm working, albeit painfully, on the things that I always disliked about myself and hopefully helping some people in the process. And I feel pretty good about that.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be entering college in the fall for Psychology and probably a minor in Music Composition. I suppose being a psychologist fits with my hidden agenda, and in a way, I want to study psychology to learn more about how people work on both the technical level and personal level. And I want to become famous with Socionics.

As of now, I don't work, even though I should (dating costs money, you know.) I used to play piano for the early services of the local church, but I would only get paid for the standard service, which I only substituted for. It was an easy job requiring absolutely no psychological type preferences.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFPs also have a lot of renown in artistic and musicaly based careers. I believe I heard that a good majority of the famous artists in the world have been ISFPs. This is not to say that because you are an ISFP that you are a brilliant artist... you may simply have a knack for it. There are also many in musical fields. Both of the ISFPs I know are in to music an art... one draws constantly and plays guitar, and the other plays guitar in a band. If your not already proficient in one of these fields and are on to something else your probly better off though, both tend to be pretty risky. But don't take take it from me, I hope to be a musician myself, lol. Anyways, back to reality... I've also heard ISFPs are supposed to be good in human service type careers, much like my own type. Actually, careers suggestions tend to be pretty similar in or two types... the main difference lies in the fact that ISFPs are honored more for artistic ability because of their good sensing, and INFPs are honored more as great writers, especially poets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anthony Keidis is INFp
    Yes! A modern INFP in music... and hes not dead! ha ha! Plus, I like the RHCP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howard Stern: INFj (probably ENTp)
    Dick. Howard Stern = Dick.

Creepy-Chris

A few years ago my buddy interned for howard stern so I met him once on a visit. I'm also long-term fan of the show. He's an INTj

Creepy-

in fact that whole show is alpha (artie, fred, robin, gary)-that's why they got on well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Howard Stern Fan

Im an estp
    degree is electrical engineering
    and im an engineer but would rather be in sales
    i belong to society of women engineers and volunteer alot at other things

and i'm a big time howard stern fan, he's funny
    Everyone Seems (Is) too Proper

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Anthony Keidis is INFp. And Flea is ISTj.
    I actually agree with that.

As an aside, I am not too sure that the VI typing is correct anymore, since he typed that Lars guy as an ESFj!? Seems ISTp or even ISTj to me from general attitude. (I think he is typing by friend/music partner = fellow quadra member.)
    True, I still can't believe they typed Donald Rumsfeld as an ISTJ. I don't even know how much he looks like an ISTJ. http://socionics.com/advan/istjcelebs.html
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As also being an ISFP. I volunteer coaching soccer and soon to work with elemantry kids. I hope to be a P.E. teacher in the future. I like work that you don't sit on desk for hours that part what I don't like about school.
    ISFP, SEI

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm INFj and live as a programmer... It's easy and conforting but I go way happier when I'm into translating stuff between languages.

I've been an anime free fansub translator on the IRC for years as a hobby part time along with my computer science studies and SAP work... I don't do that any longer though...
    Balzac

Creepy-guest

Default Type and Occupation?

What correlations have you seen or do you think are fitting?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to rule the world a few times, since that never worked out I became a superspy ... my hobbies include riding around in vans solving mysteries and screaming really loud like a girl when trouble is about to happen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the guy above, me too! We must be the same type!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too! what a coincidence!

Creepy-guest

im wondering if type really will affect your behavior all that much. It's certainly a factor but how much of one?

I am strong I and like isolated occupations, I worked in a library and I liked being left alone for the most part.

One says "Of course introverts prefer to be left alone" but its more of an afterthought than a strict relationship.. Introverted interests don't have to be played out in an introverted world, yeah?

Creepy-guest

dont be mean guest

bye, apparently this guest is on exile.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh, man ... now I feel bad ... I did not mean to be mean ...

Come back guest!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elbow tchaikovsky freezer burn

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel bad, I thought this guest was a troll ... and it turns out he or she probably is not.

You know, creating an account will solve the problem of people thinking you are trolling around ...

I was in school to be an anthropologist. Then I got restless and had to move. I still study anthropology, just outside of school now. I'm a lazy dead beat.