Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 43

Thread: ENTps -- can you relate to this? (type my room mate)

  1. #1
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ENTps -- can you relate to this? (type my room mate)

    I'm pretty sure my room mate is an alpha NT, as opposed to gamma NT. Maybe he's actually an F type... but NT is more likely.


    ENTps: do you like to work with music on? (I know some people are more audial in learning style...) as an INTj, though, I cannot focus when there is loud noise on, ESPECIALLY if it is beyond my control. I think the kid just doesn't really get it that not everyone is that way... so I can barely do work in my room, unless the music he selects is neutral enough.

    I am hesitant to say Gamma NT, because he seems so childish -- naive about things, really. He's smart in the conventional, appearnce sence (intuitive), and 'nerdy' somewhat, but is somewhat more social than I am in some ways. He does not have the INTj restraint which I spoke of.... perhahaps he is very young.... but even then --- the music thing....


    Maybe he is F type, because he reacts most to F-orientated things --- like I was watching sports news, and someone's son died, and his head darted towards the TV having heard that someone's son died... but then he disregarded everything else. I get a very alpha / merry sort of vibe from him.

    As for MBTI, I'd probably type him INTP.


    He's a few years yougner than me, though, so I'm sure that affects his demeanor. Not Beta.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  2. #2
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i can relate to working through music/noise/etc. usually i do this pretty well. i'm doing it right now.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm, perhaps he is more than Ti ... maybe he is a young INTp.

    How he makes factual statements, and uses 'facts'.... tells me insignificant specifics or bits of data he read somewhere.


    We generally agree about things, but we seem to have different means for getting there.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    Creepy-male

    Default

    By socionics.....

    an ENTp should be suggestive in --

    Your suggestive function has difficulty working on it's own. You take criticism well in this function, as it is seen as concern. This function causes your dependency and childishness, as you need help with it but do nothing to ask for it...

    is physical relationships between processes taking place at same time and place - how they affect one’s inner state; physical sensations (sound, smell, etc.), how one feels, health, aesthetics

    or being aware of a person's internal state of sensing.... its highly unlikely by this your rommate would surround himself with music to take in internally as art to set a mood, maybe it doesn't distract him because he blocks Si easily considering if he is ENTp....

  5. #5
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    ENTp's are especially lousy and fearful of there lack of which would likely manifest itself in their lack of understanding in the traits of objects, understanding of authority and security, perserverance etc.... in particular they probably would have problems fitting in a system which is regimented, security based, and authority driven. (i.e. better entrepreneurs than soldiers). They fear authority and such because it is looked at as withholding them from their potential possibilities and creativite thinking patterns.
    Yeah because obviously ESFps just love regimented systems?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  6. #6
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ENTps -- can you relate to this? (type my room mate)

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    I'm pretty sure my room mate is an alpha NT, as opposed to gamma NT. Maybe he's actually an F type... but NT is more likely.


    ENTps: do you like to work with music on? (I know some people are more audial in learning style...) as an INTj, though, I cannot focus when there is loud noise on, ESPECIALLY if it is beyond my control. I think the kid just doesn't really get it that not everyone is that way... so I can barely do work in my room, unless the music he selects is neutral enough.

    I am hesitant to say Gamma NT, because he seems so childish -- naive about things, really. He's smart in the conventional, appearnce sence (intuitive), and 'nerdy' somewhat, but is somewhat more social than I am in some ways. He does not have the INTj restraint which I spoke of.... perhahaps he is very young.... but even then --- the music thing....


    Maybe he is F type, because he reacts most to F-orientated things --- like I was watching sports news, and someone's son died, and his head darted towards the TV having heard that someone's son died... but then he disregarded everything else. I get a very alpha / merry sort of vibe from him.

    As for MBTI, I'd probably type him INTP.


    He's a few years yougner than me, though, so I'm sure that affects his demeanor. Not Beta.
    Yeah, I can relate to pretty much your whole description of him. With music specifically: I work with it on, unless I really, really need to concentrate (and sometimes then I can listen too, it depends on my state of mind, I guess).

    If it really bothers you, you might consider suggesting or even just giving your roommate headphones... Just not cheap ones. Earbuds? Uncool. Just forget about them. Past that, closed-back headphones would be better for you, because you wouldn't hear his music as much. They'd also be better for him, because he wouldn't hear you yelling at him to turn it down, or screaming in pain after breaking your arm or having a heart attack, or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  7. #7
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    ENTp's are especially lousy and fearful of there lack of which would likely manifest itself in their lack of understanding in the traits of objects, understanding of authority and security, perserverance etc.... in particular they probably would have problems fitting in a system which is regimented, security based, and authority driven. (i.e. better entrepreneurs than soldiers). They fear authority and such because it is looked at as withholding them from their potential possibilities and creativite thinking patterns.
    Yeah because obviously ESFps just love regimented systems?
    nope but the ESFp's love social things which is , but they love them more so in a manner, which is relations, they would care less about the organization of the system and more about simply realting to people in the system. switch (ESFp) with (ISFj) and instead of getting, be in the system for love, you get love the system.... make sense?

    also

    man honestly you really like to nit pick my ideas on things, but its done in such a way to suggest I am a fool, honestly I was just providing my intrepretation, you don't have to be like that....

    but for the record I had the model of and mixed up.....
    I was actually describing an INTj above

  8. #8
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not like I think you're a fool, that's not really up to me to decide. It's just in the end the things you post are generally incoherent. You could be a genius/uber smart/whatever, that's not my business, I'm only trying to straighten up the things I see here.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  9. #9
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    It's not like I think you're a fool, that's not really up to me to decide. It's just in the end the things you post are generally incoherent. You could be a genius/uber smart/whatever, that's not my business, I'm only trying to straighten up the things I see here.
    Ok but miscommunication doesn't give a person a right to treat another person like a fool. Miscommunication is a two way process, think about it, you don't get super upset when you come across a person and they are speaking a foreign language, this would be considered intolerant. Just the same it seems like you've written what I say off as not making sense and proceded to poke fun at it. Have you considered maybe that the way I am communicating this information simply is hard to understand for you, but easy to understand for me, and I may actually have something worthy to say, if you'de take a second actually try to communicate more so than poke fun at what I have to say??

    BTW I did neaten up my posts, I have a tendancy to freely write what first comes to mind and I tend to be scattered in thought. Personality wise I usually very intuitive regardless of my type, so its sometimes hard to be coherent in theoretical situations or in ideals. Most of my friends know this, for example, one time my friend had one of those things where you can't think of the word but its like "on the tip of your tongue" and latter in that evening somehow just without thinking about it, it just popped into my head along with like 1 other word that I couldn't think of from a week or so ago.

  10. #10
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You might be right on the miscommunication issue, but still logic is only one. It's also difficult to recognize whether I have mis-adressed your opinion, or not, since I haven't exactly changed my mind on it.

    Having an intuitive understanding is okay, I'm not immune to it either. Although, usually if it's an hunch, it still should make sense even if isolated, but that's my personal take on it and I do not want to extend it to other people. In the worst of all possible scenarios, I won't be able to utilize the informations you provide, but hopefully somebody else with a more compatible turn of mind will.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  11. #11
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Well regardless I have a tendancy in discussion to think out loud, in this case I am guessing it was confusing since I was trying to combine the theories concerning an ENTp and express my own take on it. A rather pursuit lol, since I was attempting to use different qualities that people had in a logical sense and apply it in a or sort way that converges to bring about an entire system of personality. In the process I had no problem expressing the , but took the as inspiration for compiling the system of the personality, so I ended up probably coming across as INTp in that previous post and the tended to be very shaky in communication after re-reading it, so I just deleted it, also that and the fact I was just rambling and had typed the ENTp wrong because of a basic detail.

    Hah sorry I can't help but mess around with the little symbols, I just got done reading through the socionics explanation of all the 8 parts of the pysche and how each trait relates to it.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit

  13. #13
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    @ FDG & Luciddreams: PoLR-wars! Yay!
    He's supposedly an INTp, so I don't think it's PoLR wars.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit

  15. #15
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ENTps -- can you relate to this? (type my room mate)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    I'm pretty sure my room mate is an alpha NT, as opposed to gamma NT. Maybe he's actually an F type... but NT is more likely.


    ENTps: do you like to work with music on? (I know some people are more audial in learning style...) as an INTj, though, I cannot focus when there is loud noise on, ESPECIALLY if it is beyond my control. I think the kid just doesn't really get it that not everyone is that way... so I can barely do work in my room, unless the music he selects is neutral enough.

    I am hesitant to say Gamma NT, because he seems so childish -- naive about things, really. He's smart in the conventional, appearnce sence (intuitive), and 'nerdy' somewhat, but is somewhat more social than I am in some ways. He does not have the INTj restraint which I spoke of.... perhahaps he is very young.... but even then --- the music thing....


    Maybe he is F type, because he reacts most to F-orientated things --- like I was watching sports news, and someone's son died, and his head darted towards the TV having heard that someone's son died... but then he disregarded everything else. I get a very alpha / merry sort of vibe from him.

    As for MBTI, I'd probably type him INTP.


    He's a few years yougner than me, though, so I'm sure that affects his demeanor. Not Beta.
    Yeah, I can relate to pretty much your whole description of him. With music specifically: I work with it on, unless I really, really need to concentrate (and sometimes then I can listen too, it depends on my state of mind, I guess).

    If it really bothers you, you might consider suggesting or even just giving your roommate headphones... Just not cheap ones. Earbuds? Uncool. Just forget about them. Past that, closed-back headphones would be better for you, because you wouldn't hear his music as much. They'd also be better for him, because he wouldn't hear you yelling at him to turn it down, or screaming in pain after breaking your arm or having a heart attack, or whatever.

    And what is your type, Elro?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  16. #16
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is able to wear the same clothes for about 3 days in a row...
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  17. #17
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ENTps -- can you relate to this? (type my room mate)

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    And what is your type, Elro?
    Hmm, "ENTps -- can you relate to this?" Gee willikers, do you think maybe I could be ENTp? Golly, I wonder.

    Actually, to be honest I'm not sure, but I lean that direction. And am guilty of what you posted directly above, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  18. #18
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm, "ENTps -- can you relate to this?" Gee willikers, do you think maybe I could be ENTp? Golly, I wonder.
    (Perhaps heath doesn't understand this sort of thing either, in regard to why I ask some questions, or certian questions in a certain way.)
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  19. #19
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    lol, yeah, "supposedly". You definately hit some nerve and he was Fi-bashing you so I just added 2 and 2. Lucid, sure you're not Ne Fi? I get that kind of vibe from you.
    personally I don't really like to type myself I think I have aspects of many different personalities... some of my friends immediately typed me as (INTj) because I am very good with science and problem solving and continency planning, put the problem is I find puzzle solving or chess very boring lol and am not really cringing in fear of conformity.

    I am glad to hear though you think I am little b/c orginally reading MBTI or socionics I thought I was or ENFp/INFp but no one agreed with me because I was at the time very invovled in intellectual things so they all said I was likely a rational or NT. I kept saying I felt more NF cause I only analyize stuff as a tool in life but fell guided by feeling and intuition in life. Anyways long story short at first it really made me mad being called INTj though most people would be flattered to be a "Mastermind". I always got the miserable overjudgemental haughty intellectual that would gripe about "Your Wrong" all day long (and you really were wrong) pictured in my head, like this guy (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0377062/FOP-004.jpg) from the movie flight of the phoneix. Anyways that was something I wanted to avoid being, cause I hated that guy, eventually, I decided to just take these personality types with a grain of salt, I mean I really figure the entire span of humanity can't fit into one of 16 categories, at best these are good theoretical models that can be used to understand people, but not solely classify everything about them......

    so the answer is yes I think I could have a little

    but I also think I have a little

    Oh and WTF does PoLR stand for ???

  20. #20
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    Oh and WTF does PoLR stand for ???
    place of least resistance... 4th function in model A

    4. Place of Least Resistance
    weak
    producing

    The place of least resistance is your weakest function. It makes you uncomfortable, and can be tied to certain personality problems you have. You won't make an issue about this function, in fact you try to avoid it. Criticism in this point is felt the worst.

  21. #21
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He reminds me of me.

    I'm not taking my opinion on him just from this topic, either.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  22. #22
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II

    (Perhaps heath doesn't understand this sort of thing either, in regard to why I ask some questions, or certian questions in a certain way.)
    I think you put too much faith in other's answers to your questions. Quiet observation will provide most of the answers. You ask questions like "How do i study?" Well. You read information and memorize it. Try to understand how the system works. I think the level of complexity you seek in your analysis oftentimes leads you to analyzing yourself and how the information develops in yourself rather than seeing the truth of the information. This isn't very effective studying is all I'm saying.

  23. #23
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    He reminds me of me.
    How so ??

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit

  25. #25
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II

    (Perhaps heath doesn't understand this sort of thing either, in regard to why I ask some questions, or certian questions in a certain way.)
    I think you put too much faith in other's answers to your questions. Quiet observation will provide most of the answers. You ask questions like "How do i study?" Well. You read information and memorize it. Try to understand how the system works. I think the level of complexity you seek in your analysis oftentimes leads you to analyzing yourself and how the information develops in yourself rather than seeing the truth of the information. This isn't very effective studying is all I'm saying.
    Your response indicates that you don't understand how I think at all.

    To the bolded part: "No shit, heath"

    The question I asked was "how do you arrange your STUDY TIME". It's a litlte more intricate than "How do you study?" or "how do you read?", or "how do you flush a toilet. It is more a strategy exchange.


    And when I asked Elro what type he was, why make assumptions? at that time, it wasn't indicated on his sig, and not everyone who posted in htis thread was ENTp, AND I don't know Elro very well anyways. So why not ask?


    When people say remarks about how 'simplistic' my questions appear, usually that is because they go over their head, or they just don't understand the underlying depth that is involved. Or in contrast, they take a very very simple question and make more out of than is necessary, when all I really am looking for are ideas for brainstorming. Perhaps I should be more specific, as people don't seem to be able to understand the depth of my posts, or build prejudices based on past things, and write off the current situation.


    Try to understand how the system works. I think the level of complexity you seek in your analysis oftentimes leads you to analyzing yourself and how the information develops in yourself rather than seeing the truth of the information. This isn't very effective studying is all I'm saying.
    don't you know who I am?

    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  26. #26
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    pshow

  27. #27
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm INTj, and I like listening to music when I work... usually I listen to stuff I know I like, otherwise I can't concentrate. If I'm writing notes for an essay, I usually write a few lines and then I move around the room in some way (depends on my mood). Some things I have been known to do (ahem ) - clapping my hands, nodding my head on occasion, clicking my fingers, storming out of my room to get some food... . I have considered myself ENTp before, but I've settled for INTj. You say he's social - I can find myself social amongst a small group of individuals where we are in a forced environment (e.g. a classroom) where I know one of the people (here's an example):

    One year, when I moved to a new college, I ended up in a class of eight people, so we all sat at one round table. There were two people I knew from my old school (though not very well - I always came across as an oddball ). On the surface, with group interaction, I came across as a real eccentric boffin (I actively reinforced this position) but when talking on an one-on-one basis, especially with the ESTj, it was obvious that I wasn't wrong in the head ). Just so long as I'm in a controlled environment, I can appear social (I put on a mask, so they don't see my weaknesses as social inept ).

    Some Qs- Does your room mate play the same music all the time?

    What kind of persona does he have? (i.e. with me, I would insult people, but make it 'obvious' that I was some form of social retard, just so they could insult me back without me or them feeling they were attacking me personally).

    Is he interested in sport, and did he react to the death because it was particularly amusing? If I hear some old person has been murdered on the news, I turn it off because I find it distressing, or I feel I've heard it all before and know that I can't connect with the death in any meaningful way. If it was a chainsaw-based incident or involving a political issue such as a war, then I'm more interested in the events.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  28. #28
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    His favorite song is 23 from "jimmy eats world".

    I liked more emotional songs when I was his age, somewhat.... but that song is way too....... emotionally charged for me. He also thinks the guitarist on that song is great, which is kind of absurd to me. I doesn't sound very impressive at all, to me.


    He doesn't share much of the restraint I do. He's big on certain kinds of values, right or wrong, especially in terms of certain conduct. Religious to an extent. But works much better in situtions that are not calm than I do. For instance, when we went to a learning center, the environment was very chaotic, and I barely got anything done, but he didn't seem to mind at all.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  29. #29
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you two annoy each other often, or do you coexist peacefully? Which of the intertype relations do you think best fit(s) you and your roommate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  30. #30
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Its sort of hard for me to even make a judgement on this based on listening to music.... to me music has always been in the N vs S battle (since you take in sensations from the sound) and also because music is experienced emotionally. So if you wanted to use this listening music thing to make a good conclusion, consider how he goes about perceiving things and where it fits in the model. Also consider what does he do with the he gets from the music?

    Honestly I personally think this may work, but I think socionics isn't designed to pick apart singular events in a persons interactions with the world, because I think in some ways circumstances will change personality. For example in certain circumstances, I will feel more , other times I will feel more , and etc. Overall though its pretty easy to recongize which personality type is more dominant in general.

    In other words, you'de have more success typing him asking yourself how does your roomate respond, IN GENERAL, to or things, rather than saying how does your roomate respond to music, which is an thing, and then solely basing your ideas around that. And your going to have a very weak typing if you base it off of a single observation, such as "He listens to music while doing work".

  31. #31
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    The type of music isn't important necessarily, but being energized by it and whether it is familar music might - like if he needs to obtain a certain mood to work. I don't think he's INTj, uncertain about ENTp.

    EDIT: He does sound like the ENTp description here:
    http://the16types.info/types.php?typename=ENTP
    An ENTp I knew would never show restraint argument-wise. If he saw someone getting beaten up (i.e. me, and he knew the other person), he would joke with things like 'what has little old harmless so and so done to you?' or 'don't make me try my moves' - he had a certain tongue in cheek style to everyday occurences and would play devil's advocate, for example, having an insight into something that was quite ironic, such as 'we shouldn't put potential suicide bombers into Camp X-ray without trial, because they wouldn't do the same to us'.

    I also do this to some extent, but it probably depends on how he voices his views - are they to do with his religious views, or is it more to do with attacking injustice etc.? (this may not even be type related).
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit

  33. #33
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm...good point - but this doesn't mean they can't be religious? I suppose we need more info on how he reacts to moral issues etc. ENTps have some morals though, right?...The way he reacted to the news COULD still be to do with emotional harmony blah blah blah.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  34. #34
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Hmmm...good point - but this doesn't mean they can't be religious? I suppose we need more info on how he reacts to moral issues etc. ENTps have some morals though, right?...The way he reacted to the news COULD still be to do with emotional harmony blah blah blah.
    well like I said needing to set the mood, would be , need to get a feeling would be , so you'de need to look up Si and Fe in the ENTp description and fit it.

    Also spirituality seems more NF, while Religion seems more SFj, sometimes SFp, however that doesn't mean NF's aren't religious, I just think they require spirituality in their religion.

    And as for ENTp's and morals, I picture an ENTp like a lawyer, they do what they must in the system because is suggestive, but on the side of ethics they lack confidence in this and are easily hurt in it. So it makes them simply happy to contribute their part in the case, win their side, and get recongition from their clients, whether they personally feel the client being represented is truthful or deserves to win or not. In other words they lack confidence and are easily hurt with their ethics and realtions and when it comes to doing things in a social system they are suggestable. But they do make good arguments, they (analyize) the case and then use it to (intuition of possibility) a possible defense to create reasonable doubt, or a timeline of events from evidence in order to make an argument in court.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit

  36. #36
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Recharge. He needs to feel emotional enthusiasm and ardor, and thus needs permanent sensory and emotional "recharge". He is unable to supply it himself, so he depends a lot on his surrounding. If nobody feeds him with impressions and positive emotions (nobody can do it as well as his dual The Mediator) – he mopes about life, loses ability to work and taste for life. To compensate for the absence of his dual he begins to mix with a lot of friends, becomes active in social projects, starts up clubs or scientific schools (Sigmund Freud, a representative of this type, invented the concept of sublimation to explain this fact).

    A servant. His dependence on the emotional ambiance of others produces an effect of extreme compliance in minor and routine things. Having freed himself thus from having to pay attention to such unpleasant things, he switches for his favorite activity – figuring out the essence of things and phenomena. He does not differentiate people into “us” and “them”, tries to be equally polite to everybody.

    Undifferentiated feeling. He believes that all people in their essence are kind and love one another. Therefore he looks funny enough when the situation requires initiative in expressing feelings – they are not his line at all.

    Danger. Critical situations pep him up as much as good others’ emotions. The more emotions and panic there is around him, the more active and assertive he becomes. It is impossible to intimidate him – an attempt to do so produces just the opposite outcome. He willingly takes responsibility in critical situations; however, in peaceful and quiet conditions he starts to doubt his right to occupy a responsible position, gets frustrated by the competition and leaves.
    So ENTps don't like to focus on unpleasant things, and does not know how to react. An unpleasant event would strike a cord with an ENTp, but would they react to it, or simply ignore it? Or wait for someone else to deal with that whole line of things?
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  37. #37
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Do you two annoy each other often, or do you coexist peacefully? Which of the intertype relations do you think best fit(s) you and your roommate?
    We get along okay... but I kind of have an "I'm sort of annoyed with this person feeling", which I've felt from other ENTps somewhat. But then again, I don't like people who are younger than me
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  38. #38
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    Yes, we can be religious, some of the ENTps on the forum are.

    Yes we do have morals (see my posts on spanking kids), but we can't argue from a moral standpoint without utilizing the other person's Fi. IOW we can compensate with Ti and Ne to find arguments that appeal to the other person's Fi, but our own morals are hidden away somewhere where no one will point them out and criticize them.
    yea man don't you see though, to a typical ENTp lawyer their is based on their ethics concerning contributing to a fair courtroom and equal representation which makes them feel like they are doing the right thing, however they are usually confused over the "true" ethical correctness of the people involved. They would have trouble judging outside of a social system what is and be very uncomfortable with it, because they are not provided the suggestive to assist their in an analogous way that assists the in the ego block.

  39. #39
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    The 'ethics' of ENTps could quite easily come from their view of things - not just their knee-jerk reactions to .
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  40. #40
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    The 'ethics' of ENTps could quite easily come from their view of things - not just their knee-jerk reactions to .
    Feeling does not equate to knee jerk reactions.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •