Creepy-aurora_faerie

Default Did it on the other forum...

ISFp/INFp...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have never struck me as an INFp ... you look like a sensor in the pictures you have shown us.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp seems to work best. I do see somewhat of a caregiver mentality in you at times, but victim fits better imo. Enjoying making sandwiches for others on demand doesn't automatically make you a Si type after all.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

INFp seems to work best. I do see somewhat of a caregiver mentality in you at times, but victim fits better imo. Enjoying making sandwiches for others on demand doesn't automatically make you a Si type after all.

But why am I so annoyed with other Fe and when its demanded of me? I don't think victim fits me at all what so ever, especially in my current relationship...victim doesn't fit me well in non-erotic attitudes either anymore.

Diana, there are lots of small things that just make more sense for me...like most descriptions. I don't know, I'm better with specific questions about specific behavior...sorry

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Okay...

My mood/feelings are largely dependant on my surroundings in the smallest and biggest ways.

My love style, the way I show affection both platonically and sexually.

Being good at mediating.

Hating confrentation (can be INFp thing too yah)

My attempts at using Ni are always very unsuccessful

Moon/feelings dependant upon family and surrounding people as well

ESTp's....they can't use Ni or Ne well Not the way I like it anyways...

Umm, I'll think of more later maybe...

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Other? Which?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I did say that you remind me of my sister. When I had her read some type descriptions though, she said she identified more with ISFj than ISFp. I then sent her the description of INFp, but she seems to be bored with the idea cause she didn't say anything about it. I'm pretty sure her husband is ESTp, but he's unhealthy so it's hard to know for sure. INFp seems much, much more likely for her than ISFj, but she's unhealthy as well so it's hard to tell. I'm having a difficult time picturing a Se creative type being controlled and emotionally manipulated like she seems to enjoy. She's also always been a "people pleaser" as my parents put it... obedient and putting other people's desires in front of her own. I don't think I have ever seen her stand up for herself. She'd much rather silently suffer.

Yeah, I'm not saying that all INFps are like that, but IxFp makes way more sense than any Se type.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Well, I did say that you remind me of my sister. When I had her read some type descriptions though, she said she identified more with ISFj than ISFp. I then sent her the description of INFp, but she seems to be bored with the idea cause she didn't say anything about it. I'm pretty sure her husband is ESTp, but he's unhealthy so it's hard to know for sure. INFp seems much, much more likely for her than ISFj, but she's unhealthy as well so it's hard to tell. I'm having a difficult time picturing a Se creative type being controlled and emotionally manipulated like she seems to enjoy. She's also always been a "people pleaser" as my parents put it... obedient and putting other people's desires in front of her own. I don't think I have ever seen her stand up for herself. She'd much rather silently suffer.

Yeah, I'm not saying that all INFps are like that, but IxFp makes way more sense than any Se type.
    Okay this helps a little. I've realized this is more and more becomeing one of those "I used to be this but my life changed so now I realize I'm this." things...I have no idea what has happened to me that has made my behavior changed, probably just a vast amount of small things.

You're sister makes me sad and I wish I could talk to her =/ I'd like to meet the so-called ESTp too. And about her being ISFj, I can't decided I've never met her, but the ISFj I know (Christine) has been quite the little sufferer in the past, she wouldn't even tell me if something was bothering her not matter what. (Example: I kissed some guy she really liked but I didn't really know how much she liked him, so we talked about it and she said she wasn't upset blah blah, but later on I found drawings in her sketch book of me kissing the guy, and her in the corner, and the guy and I were saying mean things) And the control part fits pretty well with her too, hopefully she is growing out of that though.

She may have said she identified because ISFj sounds less weak? She secretly probably hates acting weak but does it for the "ESTp" or whoever...

LoL I want to do an evaluation it seems >_< Some people just spark my interest sometimes...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's always been like that though. She was the one who would do everything my parents told her to do and get perfect grades for my parents and her teachers. My parents describe my sister as the "tender" one and me as the "domineering" one. They said that even as a baby, if I touched something I shouldn't they'd slap my hand and say "NO!" and I'd cry. If my brother touched something, they'd "have to" say "NO!" and spank him in order to get the point across. With my sister, they'd just say "NO!" and she'd start crying.

The problem with INFp for her though is that one of her most seriously relationships was with an ESTj. There have been 2 ESTps (most likely, but both are horribly unwell) and one that may be an ISTj, but I'm not totally sure. A Fi role seems to make sense for him.

I really can't type my relation to her. There is a lot of good and a lot of bad. It's difficult with immediate family anyways.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For whatever it's worth, the way you describe Christina does remind me a bit of my sister. But it's for reasons of unwellness.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

For whatever it's worth, the way you describe ChristinE does remind me a bit of my sister. But it's for reasons of unwellness.
    *nods* She isn't exactly the most mentally healthy person I know either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do think you are isfp but i don't think you should make this conclusion off of the interaction styles dictated by socionics as they are often in error

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    i do think you are isfp but i don't think you should make this conclusion off of the interaction styles dictated by socionics as they are often in error

so how to form conclusions?

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I told my parents I would take care of it...

The last serious relationship she had was with a guy who tried to kill her. I got her out of that one, just like I have other serious relationships she's had. The key is that she has to be ready... I can't talk her into anything that she doesn't want to do. We talked about Dante's Peak... the analogy with the frog and the boiling water... she knows she should leave, she just can't do it yet for whatever reason. And what will happen next? She'll find another guy who's even worse? *sighs* The thing is, this guy wasn't so bad for the first year or so. And if I would have been the one with him there's no way he'd be acting like that. She teaches men to treat her that way. Damnit.

Kelly, I didn't mean to hijack your thread with a conversation about my sister's problems. I see you as an INFp, but I'm not sure that I really have a clear understanding of what ISFps are like.

What is it in the Careful description that you relate to and what is it in the Victim description that you don't relate to?
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably would have done the exact same thing. It makes more trouble for them. See, when someone tries to threaten me or pull rank on me or enforce a senseless rule, I make sure that they... uh... see the error in their ways, either by allowing natural or logical consequences or going over their head. I pretty much always get what I want in most situations.

I don't remember my worst spanking, but what comes to mind is the counting... You know how a lot of parents count when their kids aren't doing what they want them to and then they're in trouble if they got to a certain number? Well when my mom counted like that, it was for the number of swats.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmhmmhmm,
    if someone ask me to make sandwiches, I'd curse and be like uhm no, I'd do it if it's my own idea
    I always thought your eyes were big and intuitive but maybe...hm
    is your boyfriend estp? if he is, analyze your relation with him?
    tell us what's not infp about you and what's not isfp about you and see which is more major
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    Quote Originally Posted by science as magic

so how to form conclusions?
    i'm not sure what you want so i am unsure how to answer. this is what i originally wrote though:

just observe how people act and then act in such a way to reach the conclusions you desire. you don't have to come to conclusions about yourself as that is not "the point." socionics is just a tool for something else not an end in itself.

:end original:

if you want to learn more about yourself though (again, i'm not certain what significance being isfp vs. infp has for you) then you should just continue doing what you are doing. find the things that you resonate with/that cause a sense of aversion (in personality profiles or anywhere) and see where they apply and where they do not. then use that information and put it to the test out in the real world and see if what you say/think what you want is in fact representative of yourself. the most important thing to remember is that it doesn't have to match anything.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think INFp. I found a lady that looks a lot like you on socionika.net positively identified as INFp at a socionics conference:

well. That's not much of an argument, but still, I think you are INFp.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, that does look like her
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kelly's prettier IMO, but they do look similar.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Kelly, I didn't mean to hijack your thread with a conversation about my sister's problems. I see you as an INFp, but I'm not sure that I really have a clear understanding of what ISFps are like.

What is it in the Careful description that you relate to and what is it in the Victim description that you don't relate to?
    It's cool.

Um, pretty much the whole things. Just the concept mainly...do you want me to post both descriptions and highlight the ones that apply and dont or something?

Also I really don't like ESTp's controlling...or their Fe fiending...

Starfall taking care of other people helps me organize myself. And about the calm nature, I'm very calm 75% of my time, other 25% I'm sort of a ditzy spaz.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Kelly's prettier IMO, but they do look similar.
    =^.^=

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamer, yes he's ESTp and I've analyzed as much as I can at this point, I realize new things every day but its all small and it just seems like duality. But like I said, I don't like his Se control I don't trust his judgment as much as I trust my own at most times. And he demands Fe of me 24/7 which is hard. I can't fake Fe very well it irks me. Although I DO use it, mainly when I'm hyper, but later I think back and was like "I sound like an idiot" lol I dunno
    I shrink if my Fe seems to annoy people so I stop and feel bad. If I'm mad, I'll keep going. That's not unnatural. No one's a perfect match. I don't know any ISFPs so I don't know.
    INFP

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    Dreamer, yes he's ESTp and I've analyzed as much as I can at this point, I realize new things every day but its all small and it just seems like duality. But like I said, I don't like his Se control I don't trust his judgment as much as I trust my own at most times. And he demands Fe of me 24/7 which is hard. I can't fake Fe very well it irks me. Although I DO use it, mainly when I'm hyper, but later I think back and was like "I sound like an idiot" lol I dunno
    I shrink if my Fe seems to annoy people so I stop and feel bad. If I'm mad, I'll keep going. That's not unnatural. No one's a perfect match. I don't know any ISFPs so I don't know.

I know this...which is why we are unchanged in our relationship it makes no difference what type I am...plus he TESTED ENTp a bunch of times I just can't see it all the time. Maybe we are dual cross-types! IxFp/ExTp hahahahahahahaha

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    She's always been like that though. She was the one who would do everything my parents told her to do and get perfect grades for my parents and her teachers. My parents describe my sister as the "tender" one and me as the "domineering" one. They said that even as a baby, if I touched something I shouldn't they'd slap my hand and say "NO!" and I'd cry. If my brother touched something, they'd "have to" say "NO!" and spank him in order to get the point across. With my sister, they'd just say "NO!" and she'd start crying.
    That's how my INFp sister was. You could look at her funny and she'd burst into tears. I got more spankings than I can count though. The worst one I remember was for "being disrespectful and talking back." See we were supposed to sit quietly for the 2 hour church service and not get up during it. So beforehand I was supposed to use the bathroom. Well, right in the middle I had to pee, so I asked if I could get up to go use the bathroom (I was 5) and I was told that I could if I wanted to, but I'd get a spanking when we got home. I got up, and then on the way home chewed my mom out for making such a rule and how cruel and heartless that was, and how I didn't deserve a spanking even though I got up, and . . . well you get the picture. I was spanked so much for that tirade, and my subsequent refusal to apologize that it was days before I could sit down again. I finally gave in and apologized for my behavior. I wet my pants at school a few times after that because the teacher had the same rule -- go before class, and don't get up in the middle of class, and this was Texas and the teachers regularly spanked the kids. The thought of going through that again, well I decided that I'd rather wet my pants than ask to get up.
    Both my parents fortunately have a really non-violent nature, but my father said that the rare times he tried/needed to spank me as a child, I started to take plates and throw them on the wall, take a vase and break it to pieces, take an appliance and smash it, bite them, try to put my fingers in their eyes etc you get the idea, that they both got scared and decided it wasn't the best way to handle the situation
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might is right?

there are lots of parents who don't spank. They have time outs or something for their children. I think they sort of involve unpleasant feelings though.

Like how imprisonment can be seen as cruel and unusual.

I was spanked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    Of course there are lots of equally bad alternatives. I was never grounded either though. I wonder if it would be possible to raise kids properly without shaming them. All the countermeasures I can think of involve shame and I'm not sure it's healthy.

When you guys say spanked, do you mean like slapped or punched? Punching kids is pretty mean.
    Spanking is open hand smack on the bottom, in my family at least. If you use a closed fist the child has grounds to report it as abuse, I'm pretty sure. And I think it may depend where you hit in some places.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-aurora_faerie

lol thread of hijackery

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I don't think it harmed me any to be spanked. I would've been much more of a smartass if I hadn't been, since I still "talked back" when I thought I could get away with it.
    I don't know but from the way you formed your sentence it seems like you think that talking back is somewaht deprecable. Imho, if the parent says something illogical, I'm going to talk back forever and never leave them the last word, even if they spank me. Why should they be allowed not to make any sense just because they are older? They shouldn't.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast