Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INFj jobs/careers/occupations: what do EIIs do for a living?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFj jobs/careers/occupations: what do EIIs do for a living?

I'm preettty sure i am an INFj. It's coming time to decide on a career. I have applied for a few university courses, Psychology (which i wont get, as the required marks are too high, and i already know what marks i got as i finished school last year), and Media & Communication (i thought that the the multimedia/website/digital video design stuff looked interesting, but im not sure if i would be good at it or enjoy it as i havent done much of it yet).

Does anyone here have (realistic) career ideas for an INFj? I'd like to hear from other INFj's and any other people who have any ideas. Any help will be appreciated
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i recommend that you pursue a career as the liutentant governor of georgia.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha! terribly helpful, niffweed17!

That said, I don't have any great ideas myself... Many INFjs are gifted writers, it seems. Do you have any insights regarding the human condition that other might benefit from hearing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm not sure about writing. I never really excelled at english. I always enjoyed it, but for some reason my father always told me that i had to do well in the "real subjects". So i spent most of my energy studying for maths and physics even though i hated them. And barely studied for subjects like history, yet went well in them. I once brought home a 1st in history award, my dads words were "thats great, but try and do well in the subjects that matter in future"

Oh well enough complaining. What do y'all think about nursing? (it sucks being a male INFj )
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Ignore your father and follow your heart. It's you and your happiness that matters, not what your father believes you should do. One lesson I've learned in life is that allowing yourself to be coerced into being someone your not by other people will only lead you to misery and ruin in the end. Anyway, those subjects you mentioned like history and English are not "impractical" if you desire to become a teacher or go into a pre-professional program like pre-law, etc.

What do y'all think about nursing?
    What do YOU think about nursing? Are you only going into it because you need to follow your father's belief that only technical subjects have value?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've long since stopped caring what my father says. Im just saying im pissed off that i was never pushed to do the things that could actually be my strengths. I dont fully believe the Socionics relationships system either. Im certain my father is an ESTj, and i believe i am an INFj. However i just dont get along with him, or even act like myself around him. Everything he says annoys me.
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nursing is awesome- do it. If you are resourceful enough you could probably get someone to pay for your education in nursing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister is an INFj and a nurse, and is awesome at it, and loves it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't like nursing, either. Or being a soldier. (The common denominator is blood and guts.)

I'm not sure how to help you except find something you like doing. If you're not certain what you like doing, try out a bunch of things. Volunteer. Get internships.

Of course, the only problem with doing that is that you might find that you like doing a whole bunch of things and that you can't narrow down your interests. That's sort of what's happened to me.

For what it's worth, my main interests are similar to yours - arts, communication, technology. In fact, right now I'm earning some pocket change designing websites. It's got enough variations in the types of challenges (aesthetics, information layout, technical skill, etc.) that it's keeping me interested. I'm not sure yet if that's really the type of career I want to pursue, though.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses peeps

Im still open to more suggestions...
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minde website design sounds awsum I wouldnt mind getting into that.

How do you find it (are you good at/enjoying it)?
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nursing, or rather nurses, are just plain depressing. Almost all nurses I have encountered have had a very empty look in their faces. You could do social work or counseling.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Minde website design sounds awsum I wouldnt mind getting into that.

How do you find it (are you good at/enjoying it)?
    It's pretty good so far. I'm already fairly good at organizing information into an understandable and easy-to-use structure (it seems like I'm always having to do it when I'm in an office work situation), which is a big part of designing good websites. I also really like art (2D mostly, though I'm dabbling in 3D), so I'm enjoying making my own graphics and integrating them with my information design to make a pleasant, aesthetic atmosphere.

It's challenging, though (which I think is also a part of its appeal). While I know enough to create some decent basic stuff, there's so much I don't know. For example, to really do a good job and stay with the advances in web technology, I'm going to have to get familiar with a good number of programming languages. HTML, CSS, Javascript, Perl, C++... just to name a few. Since I'm better at designing than programming, I'm probably eventually going to have to partner up with someone who can manage the really technical details.

There's also a lot about business and marketing to learn about. After all, that's generally what websites are meant to do – generate commerce.

Technology is changing all the time, so I'll have to motivate myself to stay up to speed. Which means I'll constantly need to be learning. Right now, I'm teaching myself as well as taking some classes.

All in all, it's got enough variety that I'm not likely to get bored very quickly, and the varieties are in areas that I enjoy or am fairly good at. So, I'm trying it out for awhile and we'll see where it goes.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-male

Alright I haven't been on this forum forever, but I am most akin to being an INFj or INTj, I am usually pretty rational about stuff, but I do it for intellectual ideals and such.... anyways thats a little introduction.....

My advice considering your still interested is first not to look at this as matching an INFj to future career choice but to instead find what it is about you as an INFj that would fit well in different areas that you are naturally interested in going into. Afterall every INFj is going to be slightly a little different, I remember reading somewhere that ****** was typed as an INFp (by keirsey's son), which is incredibly odd because most people view INFp's as being very serene and peaceful, not some vindicative revengeful man filled with world hate. The point being, the world doesn't fit into one of 16 categories, or else the world would be pretty boring, you have to put effort into understanding yourself as an INFj would be the next step.

Anyways the Intuitive side (Sorry I am using more MBTI than Socionics -- but there fairly similiar) is extremely useful for the understanding of systems and to perceive things as whole things, to imagine, and understand abstractions. This is a very unique trait alone compared to Sensing types which delve into the hear and now.

Also if you are a feeler the best advice for choosing something to do is to look for a career goal that you feel is worth while, this will maybe require a little time to think about, put the idea of job security aside for a second, and simply conisder what ideals are important to you in life and what you enjoy doing. Mix the two, add in some job security and connect this idea with the future, modify as nessicary.

Hearing you speak I can tell you sort of are expecting maybe a little for someone to say something for you to do and you to grab it and say thats it! This is like trying to open a lock by trying every combination, rather than the one that fits.

In particular if your looking about career's for the sake of going to school, consider that school is not your actual career but merely training for the skills and knowledge nessicary for the career, that will help narrow down your decision in the present. Also it sounds to me like you are sort of worried about not getting into things because of grades and what not.... I wouldn't worry about grades, bad grades won't scar your future, look at the whole einstein thing, its obvious educationally there is a difference between a good student and an intellectual person or even a competent person. Also don't worry about your father in trying to look for a career, he's simply trying to make sure you will be succesful, if you find something that you like and excel in it and are able to be competent and independant I garentue it scarcely will matter if its math, phyiscs, english, or history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Thanks that post makes me feel more positive about the situation for some reason. Still fairly far from making a desicion, it cant be this hard for everyone!
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Guy, I have known quite a number of I*Fj, and nearly all of them seem interested or have expressed interest in health sciences courses like occupational therapy, physical therapy, or speech therapy etc. To be a practitioner in one of these fields, u need a license and unlike been a medical doctor, the working hours are fixed to office hours. There is a high demand for these practitioners cuz not many people have the qualifications. Moreover, u could get a sense of satisfaction in life from helping people in their road to recovery. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps!

Creepy-male

Lol I always found the way professions can relate to personality interesting if you think about it, take a surgeon, they are likely to be idealistic in the NFj sense because they are humanistic in helping people medically (the whole hippocratic oath thing)... they have an artisan like trade, specifically they have to be a master with their hands, a very ISTp thing. Also they require a certain NT element in order to master the science and such and anything Sj like is likely to enjoy the good job security, but more than likely the Sj would freak easily at being responsible for people lifes.

But the uniqueness in each surgeon could come from their specialty, an NT based surgeon could master the science and theory but struggle with the actually surgery with poor dexterity and a lack of joy in actually doing the surgery. A more NFj based surgeon would be more compassionate and helpful to patients and provide a positive working environment to their co-workers, however they may be less able to be analytical and scientific about their pursuit if its not motivated by the cause of helping people. Of course a more ISTp based surgeon would be more hands on, do science to understand the procedure they want to do, and care less about the cause of being a surgeon and more about just doing the surgery. However my theory is more a person to do something like a surgeon, they would need to express probably have an NT side, an NFj side, and an ISTp side, and even probably a bit of Sj because it takes alot of work and discipline to be a surgeon. However the variety in each surgeon comes from what personality they gravitate towards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're finding it's hard for you to make a decision, that's good. It means you're considering a number of options and the pros and cons of each. There's no one career perfectly suited to each type, everyone has choices and sometimes it just winds up being random chance that you try a particular field and decide to pursue it.

As an INTJ, I can relate with most of what INFJs go through. We have extremely similar thought processes, and I give my INFJ friends credit for being able to think like any NT, because they are dominant intuitive judgers. So you may be looking for careers similar to INTJ ones, except more involving people and personal interactions. INFJs are creative and like the INTJ, desire to build systems, solve problems, and make decisions. The difference is that the systems, problems, and decisions will involve the welfare of others. My INFJ friend from college is now working on a political campaign in Iowa, and he spends much of his time strategizing over which groups of people to target, what kind of message to get out, etc. I said to him once "wow, that something I would probably really enjoy doing." So I think politics, probably more behind the scenes, would be a good option to consider.

Nursing is a great field with the desire to impact people's lives directly, and I have a lot of respect for it. But something tells me an INFJ may find it unfulfilling on certain levels, namly the creative systems building level. I personally see it as being rather mundane and detail-oriented, which an N type may not really dig. You'd probably want to become the head nurse and decide how care is being delivered by the entire nursing staff. But then you might as well become a doctor.

And I think becoming a medical doctor may be one of the best career options for an INFJ. If I were sick, I would want them at my bedside. They have strong intellects and can solve any difficult diagnostic problem, like an INTJ, but they also have amazing warmth and bedside manner. My INFJ friends in med school could connect with patients in ways I never could. Internal medicine and psychiatry I think are two particularly good specialties.
    Mr. Crumbles
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFj careers

What does everyone think about good careers for INFj's? If there are any INFj's here, what do you do for a living? Do you think it is a good fit for your personal strengths?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most INFjs I know are teachers. They seem to enjoy seeing someone progress in understanding. Areas where care and development, particularly with an analytical side to it, seem to suit them.

Areas where you are rewarded for being brash or there is not much focus on development seem to be more unappealing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jobs of INFjs I know:

Nurse
    Social worker
    Teacher
    Childbirth educator

And then your stay-at-home parents, or people on unemployment, or people in menial service jobs. I live in Michigan and a lot of people are out of work right now. So many people who would be in careers are doing whatever they have to do to make ends meet.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Most INFjs I know are teachers. They seem to enjoy seeing someone progress in understanding. Areas where care and development, particularly with an analytical side to it, seem to suit them.

Areas where you are rewarded for being brash or there is not much focus on development seem to be more unappealing.

That's interesting, I never really considered being a teacher until just recently. I guess I never thought it would be a good career fit, but perhaps it would be. However, it seems like it would take a lot of extroversion to be able to stand in front of a class and teach all day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    jobs of INFjs I know:

Nurse
    Social worker
    Teacher
    Childbirth educator

And then your stay-at-home parents, or people on unemployment, or people in menial service jobs. I live in Michigan and a lot of people are out of work right now. So many people who would be in careers are doing whatever they have to do to make ends meet.
    I am actually a nurse right now, but I don't really know if it is the best job fit for an INFj. My job is okay and I am definitely thankful that I have a good job, especially with the situation the economy is in, but I don't really know if I want to be a nurse the rest of my life. However it is interesting that you said that because i have never heard anyone say that nursing is a good job for an INFj.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ann2430 View Post
    That's interesting, I never really considered being a teacher until just recently. I guess I never thought it would be a good career fit, but perhaps it would be. However, it seems like it would take a lot of extroversion to be able to stand in front of a class and teach all day.
    Two INFjs I know teach in small school situations. It is neither of their full time jobs.

One INFj was an actual school teacher, high school. And so was another teacher, actually, that I remember now.

The commonality between all of them is enjoying seeing people grow and learn. But all of them do seem do seem to focus more on situations that are not so stressful, but more things they enjoy doing, in particular. Or, like in the case of one INFj, she teaches sunday school things and enjoys being very active in her children's developments at school & chuch, as well as running a small daycare/babysitting program.

Some INFjs, perhaps particularly Fi subtypes, seem to be more industrious and have a need to be busy? IT could just be that the subtype thing is a coincidence and it is more the culture of those individuals, and they just happen to be Fi subtypes.

PS: Just about every INFj teacher I've met has mentioned some level of uncomfortableness in regard to class situations that require direct force or discipline... they prefer calmer environments, of course.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ann2430 View Post
    What does everyone think about good careers for INFj's? If there are any INFj's here, what do you do for a living? Do you think it is a good fit for your personal strengths?
    Well, I'm going to graduate as a mechanical engineer. It's hard at times to deal with the dryness of it, but it's survivable if you have a decent "support system" unrelated to numbers and too much detail . I don't know if it's a perfect fit for me, but it's something that will at least provide for my monetary income later, which is a big relief for me. If I had to choose another career it might be speech-language pathology, helping in some way those people with communication problems like being deaf or blind, ethymology studies, grade school teacher (don't have the patience for HS students), college professor (they are at least a little more mature than HS students), for other INFjs helping out the elderly in some way etc. Though when I did community service at one nursing home it was depressing to me. I still remember this old man in a wheelchair yelling "go to hell" to the nurse that was helping him, and I think that he still thought he was during WW2 times or something...

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Two INFjs I know teach in small school situations. It is neither of their full time jobs.

One INFj was an actual school teacher, high school. And so was another teacher, actually, that I remember now.

The commonality between all of them is enjoying seeing people grow and learn. But all of them do seem do seem to focus more on situations that are not so stressful, but more things they enjoy doing, in particular. Or, like in the case of one INFj, she teaches sunday school things and enjoys being very active in her children's developments at school & chuch, as well as running a small daycare/babysitting program.

Some INFjs, perhaps particularly Fi subtypes, seem to be more industrious and have a need to be busy? IT could just be that the subtype thing is a coincidence and it is more the culture of those individuals, and they just happen to be Fi subtypes.

PS: Just about every INFj teacher I've met has mentioned some level of uncomfortableness in regard to class situations that require direct force or discipline... they prefer calmer environments, of course.
    Yep, but with the occasional laziness of just staying home doing nothing . I enjoy more being productive, involved in making or establishing something, as opposed to enjoying what has already been done, if that makes sense. Career-wise it's also important for me to be working in an environment (people, cleanliness) that is nice and comfortable in order to work at my full potential without stress. However, it's more of a dream than a reality. People that aren't lazy and have a good disposition for work, and have teamwork spirit, have a way to energize me. It's a quality that I like about ESTjs.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I don't do well in high-stress environments or ones that require a lot of action and continuous quick-thinking and pressured innovation. Pressured versus free-flowing, I guess. I prefer working in environments where the changes that occur happen gently and slowly enough for me to sufficiently adapt. I don't do well in environments that constantly change, especially in... foundational ways. For example, if I had a new person to report to everyday and a different set of tasks everyday.

All of that said, I also like room for my own small innovations and deviations from the norm. I like having the freedom to do things my own way, how I see best. And I need options, variety. I can't do just one thing all the time.

I don't do well in jobs where I have to deal with lots of people at once, especially people I don't know. Crowds and crowded rooms are nightmares to me. It's too much for me to handle, too much stimuli, I guess. Too many individual points to focus on at once. I much prefer when I can get to know the individuals that I work with, making connections with them. If I can do that, working in or in front of groups, even larger ones, is much easier for me.

I also can't be around people all the time, all day. I need at least some alone time, preferably more than some. I do much better if I can do a good amount of work in seclusion - in peace and quiet. Not complete seclusion, though, because I do need people. In fact, if there were no people around I'd figuratively starve.

I definitely would not want a job that asks me to do immoral or destructive things. I like being helpful, if I can. And I really enjoy seeing people grow and learn and be happy in that growing and learning.

I also really like learning for myself, gaining new information and exploring new concepts.

I prefer environments that have at least tolerable aesthetics and healthiness. For example, I couldn't work in a dark, smelly, moldy basement with a light that flickers and a chair that pokes. I like being able to see and appreciate beauty around me. Likewise, I like being able to express beauty, whether that's in a traditional artistic sense or in simple things like making sure my spelling and wording are right.

So, hm, all that said... I don't really know what would be good jobs for INFjs.

Right now what I'm doing is generally enjoyable and fulfilling to me, though it leaves something to be desired in terms of income. I'm a part-time art/computer teacher and part-time website builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Yep, but with the occasional laziness of just staying home doing nothing .
    I'm like that, too. For me, it has to do with the need for stillness, I think.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII make very good medics.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have loved to have been a doctor, except I'm extremely squeamish so I doubt I would have survived medical training. Also I can imagine many situations a doctor would have to deal with which would be extremely awkward for me. But the idea of being a doctor appeals to me very much. As does the idea of being a teacher.

TIM
    INFP
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm only a freshman in college so I havent even stated my major but i've always wanted to become a therapist and thats what i'm leaning towards really working for. I think it would be the perfect job for me.

[But in my dream of dreams.. I really would love to be an actress.]
    [INFP]

"Nothing worse could happen to one than to be completely understood."
    — [Carl Gustav Jung]

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    I would have loved to have been a doctor, except I'm extremely squeamish so I doubt I would have survived medical training. Also I can imagine many situations a doctor would have to deal with which would be extremely awkward for me. But the idea of being a doctor appeals to me very much. As does the idea of being a teacher.
    Well, SLIs are not known for their people skills and I know a few of them who are medics and like it.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know four INFj guys very well. They are all engineers or scientists - I met them in university or through work. However, one of them nearly quit his (good) job to become a teacher, at one point; another one quite willingly became a stay-at-home dad and later also turned to teaching. The other two are still in engineering. I am not saying that INFjs make particularly good, or particularly bad, engineers; just mentioning that a few of them do work in those fields and survive. The problem all of them had at work was to deal with very pushy and aggressive bosses - or those who demand aggressiveness from their subordinates.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I am not saying that INFjs make particularly good, or particularly bad, engineers; just mentioning that a few of them do work in those fields and survive. The problem all of them had at work was to deal with very pushy and aggressive bosses - or those who demand aggressiveness from their subordinates.
    That is one thing I am worried about with respect to pursuing this engineering or scientist (have yet to decide) degree. In addition to the cut-throat competition that I have been warned about.

I am trying to not to be afraid though; things could not be so bad.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in Human Resource now.

What I like:
    - A structured environment and clear directions.
    - A supportive environment in which there is unconditional information exchange
    - Flexibility and rules need not be followed too closely.
    - Ability to make a positive difference in people's lives.
    - Been appreciated for the good work you have done.
    - Encouragement to pursue further studies in order to enhance career prospects.

What I dislike:
    - Entertaining, making small talks and organizing social events.
    - Not been able to finish my duties on time due to the overwhelming workload.
    - Having to follow unnecessary procedures just because it is part of the policy.
    - Conflicts and arguments.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    That is one thing I am worried about with respect to pursuing this engineering or scientist (have yet to decide) degree. In addition to the cut-throat competition that I have been warned about.

I am trying to not to be afraid though; things could not be so bad.
    I don't want to scare you at all, but whether things will be so bad or not will depend on which company you join, and which people work there. In my experience, INFjs have the hardest time in struggling small companies (or small departments) that are led by very hard-driving bosses that tend to lash out at their subordinates - in order to push them, motivate them, or just out of frustration. Conversely, they have an easier time in larger, more established, and more structured companies; and, in fact, they often do better in those than other types because they find it easy to establish good relations with most people and are seldom victims of political ploys or intrigues because everyone recognizes it's not their way.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That reminds me. I know an INFj who is an environmental engineer.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long ago I decided I could not fit well in most areas of either the medical or military professions - too much "blood 'n' guts", even if it was just in the training phases.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My pastor is an INFj, and I believe the town psycologist is as well.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I don't want to scare you at all, but whether things will be so bad or not will depend on which company you join, and which people work there. In my experience, INFjs have the hardest time in struggling small companies (or small departments) that are led by very hard-driving bosses that tend to lash out at their subordinates - in order to push them, motivate them, or just out of frustration. Conversely, they have an easier time in larger, more established, and more structured companies; and, in fact, they often do better in those than other types because they find it easy to establish good relations with most people and are seldom victims of political ploys or intrigues because everyone recognizes it's not their way.
    Thanks for your insight, Expat. I mean this sincerely when I say that I will definitely keep this in mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Well, I'm going to graduate as a mechanical engineer. It's hard at times to deal with the dryness of it, but it's survivable if you have a decent "support system" unrelated to numbers and too much detail . I don't know if it's a perfect fit for me, but it's something that will at least provide for my monetary income later, which is a big relief for me. If I had to choose another career it might be speech-language pathology, helping in some way those people with communication problems like being deaf or blind, ethymology studies, grade school teacher (don't have the patience for HS students), college professor (they are at least a little more mature than HS students), for other INFjs helping out the elderly in some way etc. Though when I did community service at one nursing home it was depressing to me. I still remember this old man in a wheelchair yelling "go to hell" to the nurse that was helping him, and I think that he still thought he was during WW2 times or something...
    Haha, yeah sometimes I feel that nursing is a depressing job because i have to deal with people like that, but I do like the aspect of helping people. I am considering going back to school to be a college professor in nursing. I could definitely see myself being a college professor, although i don't really like big crowds of people.

Yep, but with the occasional laziness of just staying home doing nothing . I enjoy more being productive, involved in making or establishing something, as opposed to enjoying what has already been done, if that makes sense. Career-wise it's also important for me to be working in an environment (people, cleanliness) that is nice and comfortable in order to work at my full potential without stress. However, it's more of a dream than a reality. People that aren't lazy and have a good disposition for work, and have teamwork spirit, have a way to energize me. It's a quality that I like about ESTjs.
    I definitely like to be lazy sometimes too, but I think it's good for me to stay busy and be productive. I like those qualities about ESTjs too. I work with one and she is always energetic and willing to help. It inspires me to work harder. I definitely don't like laziness. I figure if I have to have a job, i might as well work hard and do my best at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast