Thread: What types of business are excellent for INTjs to set up?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types of business are excellent for INTjs to set up?

What types of business are excellent for INTjs to set up?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTjs are really good at business at ALL; it's not a lack of proficiency in the area, it's simply a lack of interest; it's the "I don't need my 7th function" attitude.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anyone can be interested in something mystic sonic. Stop trying to be special by pigeonholing Te types as businessmen, while you are just this oh so superior yet misunderstood anti establishment freethinker. Shove your stereotypes and bad understaning of socionics up your categorical ass.

Interests have nothing to do with type, or at least not in such a firm way as you make it sound. And business aptitude is not simply related to Te.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to be rude.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Creepy-jen h

Default Re: What types of business are excellent for INTjs to set up

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Businesses based around innovation, improvisation, inventiveness and enthusiasm.

Try to steer away from from businesses based on previous knowlege, set ways, relationships and power, unless you enjoy a challenge and have cash to blow.

That is, it is better to start a company based on inventing and marketing an exiting new product than to start a company based on producing and selling something that has been around for millions of years.

To cover up the natural dislike of the "business world" functions and , you can bludgeon them to death with and .
    He pretty much hit it on the head

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O.O

What's wrong with you, dude?

I'm bad at business, and in fact, I detest it and think it's incredibly boring, thus it's only natural to extract from what I've experienced and apply it to my understanding of Socionics.

Besides, I have heard that the 7th function is data that's considered "important, but NOT now", and thus the source of my statement. I'm not implying that INTjs are bad at business, just that they don't really seem to be interested in it.

Calm down dude, us yelling at each other isn't going to get us anywhere.

And, anti-establishment freethinking? What?

Of course, I'll have to concede to the fact that Transigent understand the system much more thoroughly than me.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess I overreacted(sorry very hard for me to measure people's interpersonal intentions due to my weak :wink: ). your statement did come off as pretty categorical, though. Ive seen you in other posts stereotyping INTPs " as being all business tycoons". I mean I know you were joking, but it still came off as pure stereotyping. I wouldnt mind making the money that INTP Bill Gates does :wink:, but I dont think making these kind of assumptions about all people of a type is anything other than limiting and doesnt really help anyone.

You could say Te is useful in business and it is, but that doesnt mean other functions aerent as well. It all depends what area of business youre talking about. Im trying to point that out because the name "busniness logic" seems to make people think that this is the only function that is useful in business, which seems very questionable. Not only because it limits people in an overly narrow way, but also because it (appearantly) leads to stereotypes, although I guess stereotypes will always come back under one form or another.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"INTjs are really good at business at ALL"

That was awfully misplaced, I admit, but I can't see INTjs RUNNING businesses; they might own the company, but perhaps will be much more interested in pursuing Ti-Ne ends, insteaed of Te-Ni, and Se ends(acquiring capital, making a contingency plan, etc.)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personally I dont see myself running a business either, as Im horrible irresponsible and lazy. But who knows, they say some INTPs are able to do it very well, just look at Gates. Dont you think the same is possible with an INTJ? The fifth function can make up for most of the fourth function's weaknesses so if you have your dual or activator you can devellop the enthousiasm and energy through Fe. Robespierre was INTJ and he pretty much took on more responisbility than anyone else in Europe in his time, so I dont see why some INTJs couldnt if they wanted to.

Creepy-Mr Bob

In an ideal situation, the INTJ runs everything, while the ENTj wingman carries out his orders and refines them towards more practical ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you elaborate on that? SmilingEyes said similar things and he never explained his rationale.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :)

1. Selling legal advice.
    2. Writing computer algorithms.

Creepy-

I know some pretty damn good INTj pot dealers