Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Yet Another IEI-INFp Description (this one by me)

  1. #1
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yet Another IEI-INFp Description (this one by me)

    Way back in March I started writing up functional descriptions of all of the types. These are almost finished, although I wanted to use my INFp description as litmus test to see how they would be taken. Apologies to Gilligan - I don't mean at all to steal his thunder. His description was excellent, although mine as you can see) is admittedly pretty different. Let me know what you think.

    Yesenin: Intuitive-Ethical Introvert

    Ego Block:

    Base Function: - Introverted Intuition, internal dynamics of fields
    (This function metabolizes the largest quantity of information with which one is presented. One is conscious of its workings, and confident in its conclusions. This is the function one most strongly identifies with.)

    As Yesenin's primary means of metabolizing his world, introverted intuition is concerned not with entities themselves, but their actions - specifically, the actions which they can do to him or for him. (For our purposes, "entities" includes objects both individually and collectively, concepts and ideas, places, events, and people.) His thoughts, his convictions, and his behavior in life is dictated largely by his perception of potentiality.

    He is prone to reflect on the action of those entities which have dictated his current circumstances and those which will mandate his future. Psychologically very much a child in a dark wood, common questions include: Where am I, really? What brought to to this place? Where will I be in the future? What can get me there?

    This understanding of progressions affords Yesenin a delicate finesse with poetry and music. The materials of the written word and of sound are experienced intensely and viscerally. He reacts viscerally to the meter, the cadence, and the rhythm. He palpably senses the movement of these entities, and again, he can ask: Where are we? Where are we going? What is getting us there?... on many different levels.

    Lacking the initiative of his dual (whose primarily metabolic instrument is extraverted sensation - the perception of what one can do directly unto an object), he can sometimes lack a sense of control over his direction in life. He may, on some fundamental level, be perpetually waiting for someone else to do the work for him, especially in areas he can expect to have the help of his dual (namely, romantic aspirations). Common maladies in love include: idealistic romanticism, wallflower syndrome, and bed-hopping.

    He, thus, is enthralled by prospects - not by actions or sensations. This extends to his sexual behavior. He is excited by what his partner will do for him and to him. This must not be construed as rendering Yesenin nothing less than an object of molestation. Often he possesses a sufficiently creative imagination to accommodate to the needs of his partner, especially in the absence of his dual.

    Creative Function: - Extraverted Ethics, internal dynamics of objects
    (This function is one's primary means of interacting with the world. Information perceived by one's base function is interpreted. Using the information gained therefrom, the creative function can determine the appropriate course of action.)

    Keenly he observes his fellow human animals. There is not a man alive whose character Yesenin will not instinctively attempt to decipher, sizing up his general disposition, temper, comfort levels, and excitability.

    This is not information that presents itself readily and immediately upon first contact. Thus, Yesenin may maintain an air of reserve and psychological distance at first, until "sufficient data" has been collected. Among those with whom he wishes to ingratiate himself, he maintains this distance with his fair measure of tact - adopting a trademark charm and decorum until he is sure how much of himself he can present without offense. Those with whom he may see no possibility of comfortable interaction will see quite a different Yesenin - cold, nervous, reticent, and outright condescending.

    Yesenin wishes to maintain a sense of control over the emotional tonus of his environment. He will attempt to effect influence on the mood of a group in any number of ways: a finely tuned understanding of aesthetics (he may take it upon himself to plan the design the decorations for a party), an eloquent facility with the spoken and written word, a charming and elegant manner of movement and comport, the taking of an exercise regiment, etc. The softened gaze in his eyes and his sly smile are the safeguards of his arsenal. They ensure that, wherever he goes and whomever he is with, he always has some means of control over what happens to him. When, however, he perceives that his influence is waning, he may become histrionic - passive aggression, self destructive behavior, and throwing tantrums.

    Superego Block:

    Role Function: - Introverted Sensing, external dynamics of fields
    (One is hesitant to trust the conclusions reached by this function. External sources of reference are needed to validate or refute any such convictions.)

    Introverted sensing, manifest in the care of one's body and one's physical environment, remains for Yesenin in a rather subordinate position to his ego functions. He takes his responsibility for his own health, comfort, and surroundings though unless they are connected somehow with his influence of emotional tonus, he will approach these areas with a manner of indifference. In those dominions of introverted sensing that do allow him an opportunity to project a desirable image (the choosing of articles for his abode, choice of clothing, cleanliness, choice of food, attention to injury, etc.), he can cultivate quite a fine sense of finesse.

    Often he does quite a good job of ignoring unpleasant sensations and environments until pain (or the gasps of someone more attuned to such matters - a worrying mother, perhaps) compel him to address these issues. He wishes foremost to have discretion over his own welfare. When his ability to control these aspects of his life are questioned (thus implying a lack of control over his image, or a lack of acceptance of that image), he will be quick to take offense.

    Place of Least Resistance: - Extraverted Logic - external dynamics of objects
    (This is the function whose absence is most keenly felt. One would rather resort to any other function to avoid its use, and it may be a great source of anxiety.)

    Extraverted thinking evaluates the actions of entities with respect to other objects. It thus allows one a facility to objectively gauge advantage, efficiency, and practicality. This is obviously an important aptitude in matters of business and finance.

    Unfortunately, the absence of the subject (remember: objectively evaluate the actions of an object with respect to other objects) renders this function particularly unfrequented for Yesenin. He will do just about anything to avoid its use. Maladies linked to this function include: procrastination, compulsive multi-tasking (never work alone, but work and eat, or work and listen to music, or work then masturbate, then work a little, then masturbate, then take a nap, then work, then go eat, then listen to music, then masturbate again, then go to sleep and leave the work for tomorrow morning), and of course hiding in fetal position in a far off corner.

    Although extraverted thinking is not, by any stretch, a particular strength of Yesenin, he will be sensitive to its use and subconsciously comprehend its value. Thus, a certain neurosis and obsessive sensitivity to (and possibly compensation for) this function (both its presence in others, and lack thereof in himself) can develop.

    Superid Block:

    Dual-Seeking Function: - Extraverted Sensation - external statics of objects
    (This function is placed in the psyche such that one can easily, though subconsciously, recognize its use in others. One lacks the drive to develop this function, though criticism in it is perceived as well-intentioned.)

    The perception of the action that can be done to an object is the strength of Yesenin's dual, Zhukov. Yesenin usually does not possess sufficient desire to exercise this function himself, preferring instead for others to take the initiative. He is quite adept at spotting the "movers and shakers" within a community. This function is particularly appreciated when used in his own defense and to his own benefit, especially by his dual. In the absence of such defense, he may feel neglected and vulnerable.

    In the presence of people for whom extraverted sensing is strong, Yesenin will be compelled to ingratiate himself (usually without consciously being aware of this). These people garner his respect and are perceived as grounded, influential, strong, and fun. Yesenin may find himself inexplicably obliged to present his best face to such an individual - treating her to his most accepting, forgiving, and playful side. Here he himself feels safest and most accepted.

    Estimative Function: - Introverted Logic - external statics of fields
    (The use of this function is relatively tolerable. Praise in this function compensates for any other deficiency - namely the PoLR. Consequently, criticism in it is not taken so well.)

    Unlike its extraverted counterpart, introverted logic does not necessarily feel compelled to evaluate objects in respect to other objects but, rather, in respect to oneself. Furthermore, this function perceives, not the actions of objects, but their unchanging qualities. This renders information somewhat more palatable for Yesenin.

    Almost compulsively he digests vast quantities of information. Often a voracious reader, Yesenin will collect information on an often random and disparate selection of topics. This information is manifest in a collection of static factual knowledge as opposed to an understanding of the underlying implications and relationships between such facts (the dominion of extraverted thinking). Mind you, that isn't to say he has no understanding of the theory behind the phenomena itself. He cannot, however, call on this understanding at will so easily and will not consciously attempt to make these connections unless compelled to by someone else (say, a teacher).

    This information must be understood consciously within the context of his introverted intuition (remember: the ability to evaluate entities in respect to oneself), which allows him to place it within a conceptual framework. Often he can be enthralled by the prospects and implications that these two functions will present one another. The marriage of these two functions is the source of his enthusiastic convictions and theories. Quotations from famous INFps are more than likely based on these two functions.

    Id Block:

    Function of Personal Knowledge: - Extraverted Intuition, internal statics of objects
    (This function works away in the background, without one's conscious knowledge, digesting information. The conclusions it comes to are stubbornly held, and one is not made conscious of them without interference.)

    While introverted intuition perceives the potential actions entities may exhibit to and for the individual, its extraverted counterpart perceives the static qualities of the entities themselves, in respect to other entities. Thus, extraverted intuitive types tend to make connections between entities that may seem quite disparate at first.

    Deep in his psyche, Yesenin will unconsciously appreciate the implications one entity will have for another. This function is closely allied with his extraverted ethics. Presented with more and more people (in different circumstances, from different parts of the world, with different interests), Yesenin is compelled to collect more and more information to be of use in contact with such people. Extraverted intuition allows him a means to identify the possible connections between that which is already understood and known, with incoming data.

    The appreciation of these implications dictates Yesenin's interests, and dictates what people he finds interesting. Bohemians, artists, people with unusual occupations from obscure places of the world, people with unusual opinions - these he is often drawn to, without having the slightest clue why, and often without even knowing it.

    Function of Concrete Art: - Introverted Ethics, internal statics of fields
    (This function is a strength, although due to inability to express or act upon it, one remains largely unaware of its power. The conclusions it reaches are keenly felt, although put to use with some difficulty.)

    Introverted feeling evaluates the innate morality of actions. Although Yesenin will not consciously concern himself with the subject of morality, he will have a firm, subconscious understanding of what is right and wrong. Soft-hearted (though he will alternately attest that his is soft-hearted, and alternately insist he is not), he is easily moved to pity (and possibly tears) upon considering cases of injustice or abuse. He is easily divested of his time and energy if a sufficiently moving plea is made. He will often find himself unable to say "No" when a friend requests from him a shoulder to cry on, or a kind ear.

    He reacts viscerally when he witnesses the mistreatment of others, never knowing quite where this reaction stems from. The heartbeat quickens, the blood rushes faster, although in the presence of the offender, he can often only imagine recompense. His revenge will be more often then not a manifestation of his extraverted feeling (although some IEIs will resort to passive aggressive means), and his way with words and understanding of subtle cues are his best means of offense. At worst, he will resort to the histrionic tendencies aforementioned.

    This understanding is of greatly help to his dual. Unconsciously, Yesenin guides Zhukov away from situations and actions which may potentially hurt others, and which consequently may expose his PoLR.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have to read the functional attributions more carefully; but as for the description and explanation of behavior and motivations - absolutely brilliant IMO.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    why not use a normal english nickname instead of Yesenin? besides that it's very good.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Excellent, amazing.
    INFP

  5. #5
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I have to read the functional attributions more carefully; but as for the description and explanation of behavior and motivations - absolutely brilliant IMO.
    Thanks. Please do take a look at the functional attributes. I tried to keep in mind that actions are really the manifestation of multiple functions playing their respective roles. The attributes provided under Ni, for instance, aren't really solely the dominion of Ni, but Ni under the influence of Fe perhaps, or Ni + Ti. Ishy (INTp) expressed some concern about the definition of Ni itself (esp. the "for" and "to" aspect), so that may be something I have to reconsider.

    Quote Originally Posted by BionicGoat
    why not use a normal english nickname instead of Yesenin? besides that it's very good.
    lol, well it's what the Russians use. I admit it doesn't really roll off the tongue easily for English speakers, though. I could substitute Bradbury in for Yesenin.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  6. #6
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yet Another INFp Description (this one by me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Maladies linked to this function include: procrastination, compulsive multi-tasking (never work alone, but work and eat, or work and listen to music, or work then masturbate, then work a little, then masturbate, then take a nap, then work, then go eat, then listen to music, then masturbate again, then go to sleep and leave the work for tomorrow morning), and of course hiding in fetal position in a far off corner.
    Bahahaha, I am all too familiar with this.

    Great functional description, Auvi! This all reminds me why I love INFps. <333
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  7. #7
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OMG
    Baby.
    This needs to be stickied!

    It's absolutely fantastic. 100% true for me


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  8. #8
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the functional attributions are mainly correct, although with some mixing -- however, as in Stratiyevskaya's, this description of the PoLR describes traits that are better attributed to the IP temperament, I think.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  9. #9
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yet Another INFp Description (this one by me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Almost compulsively he digests vast quantities of information. Often a voracious reader, Yesenin will collect information on an often random and disparate selection of topics. This information is manifest in a collection of static factual knowledge as opposed to an understanding of the underlying implications and relationships between such facts (the dominion of extraverted thinking). Mind you, that isn't to say he has no understanding of the theory behind the phenomena itself. He cannot, however, call on this understanding at will so easily and will not consciously attempt to make these connections unless compelled to by someone else (say, a teacher).
    This part is very much like me. I'm always digesting new information. From various topics. Without a clear plan on what to do with the information. And it ends up being a collection of rather static knowledge. And it is very hard for me to put effort into REALLY understanding all the implications of the information. I'm generally just a vacuum cleaner for information and only when forced or under pressure I will seek to use or really understand this information. I'm often very unsure of what do I actually know. I may feel I know very little about a subject when going to an exam for example. But then the pressure of the exam situation forces me to make the actual connections and really understand the implications of the information. When I come out of an exam I seem to have a better understanding of the subject than when going in. The pressure situation somehow "enlightens" me. Same thing happens when giving a presentation. When put under pressure with no escape I just have to make the connections and really understand the subject. For this reason my presentations often end up being "deeper" than I was planning. I just seem to sort of make many new connections on the spot which I didn't make before.

    How much can you read into this thing? Is it enough to say "I'm INFp" or is it just one piece of evidence among the others. INTp descriptions in general are still more accurate than INFp descriptions IMHO.

  10. #10
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,808
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    I finally got around to finishing the whole thing. From my opinion it's excellent, also lovely writing.

    Great work! Love it!

  11. #11
    Creepy-male

    Default Re: Yet Another INFp Description (this one by me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Way back in March I started writing up functional descriptions of all of the types. These are almost finished, although I wanted to use my INFp description as litmus test to see how they would be taken. Apologies to Gilligan - I don't mean at all to steal his thunder. His description was excellent, although mine as you can see) is admittedly pretty different. Let me know what you think.

    Yesenin: Intuitive-Ethical Introvert

    Ego Block:

    Base Function: - Introverted Intuition, internal dynamics of fields
    (This function metabolizes the largest quantity of information with which one is presented. One is conscious of its workings, and confident in its conclusions. This is the function one most strongly identifies with.)

    As Yesenin's primary means of metabolizing his world, introverted intuition is concerned not with entities themselves, but their actions - specifically, the actions which they can do to him or for him. (For our purposes, "entities" includes objects both individually and collectively, concepts and ideas, places, events, and people.) His thoughts, his convictions, and his behavior in life is dictated largely by his perception of potentiality.

    He is prone to reflect on the action of those entities which have dictated his current circumstances and those which will mandate his future. Psychologically very much a child in a dark wood, common questions include: Where am I, really? What brought to to this place? Where will I be in the future? What can get me there?

    This understanding of progressions affords Yesenin a delicate finesse with poetry and music. The materials of the written word and of sound are experienced intensely and viscerally. He reacts viscerally to the meter, the cadence, and the rhythm. He palpably senses the movement of these entities, and again, he can ask: Where are we? Where are we going? What is getting us there?... on many different levels.

    Lacking the initiative of his dual (whose primarily metabolic instrument is extraverted sensation - the perception of what one can do directly unto an object), he can sometimes lack a sense of control over his direction in life. He may, on some fundamental level, be perpetually waiting for someone else to do the work for him, especially in areas he can expect to have the help of his dual (namely, romantic aspirations). Common maladies in love include: idealistic romanticism, wallflower syndrome, and bed-hopping.

    He, thus, is enthralled by prospects - not by actions or sensations. This extends to his sexual behavior. He is excited by what his partner will do for him and to him. This must not be construed as rendering Yesenin nothing less than an object of molestation. Often he possesses a sufficiently creative imagination to accommodate to the needs of his partner, especially in the absence of his dual.

    Creative Function: - Extraverted Ethics, internal dynamics of objects
    (This function is one's primary means of interacting with the world. Information perceived by one's base function is interpreted. Using the information gained therefrom, the creative function can determine the appropriate course of action.)

    Keenly he observes his fellow human animals. There is not a man alive whose character Yesenin will not instinctively attempt to decipher, sizing up his general disposition, temper, comfort levels, and excitability.

    This is not information that presents itself readily and immediately upon first contact. Thus, Yesenin may maintain an air of reserve and psychological distance at first, until "sufficient data" has been collected. Among those with whom he wishes to ingratiate himself, he maintains this distance with his fair measure of tact - adopting a trademark charm and decorum until he is sure how much of himself he can present without offense. Those with whom he may see no possibility of comfortable interaction will see quite a different Yesenin - cold, nervous, reticent, and outright condescending.

    Yesenin wishes to maintain a sense of control over the emotional tonus of his environment. He will attempt to effect influence on the mood of a group in any number of ways: a finely tuned understanding of aesthetics (he may take it upon himself to plan the design the decorations for a party), an eloquent facility with the spoken and written word, a charming and elegant manner of movement and comport, the taking of an exercise regiment, etc. The softened gaze in his eyes and his sly smile are the safeguards of his arsenal. They ensure that, wherever he goes and whomever he is with, he always has some means of control over what happens to him. When, however, he perceives that his influence is waning, he may become histrionic - passive aggression, self destructive behavior, and throwing tantrums.

    Superego Block:

    Role Function: - Introverted Sensing, external dynamics of fields
    (One is hesitant to trust the conclusions reached by this function. External sources of reference are needed to validate or refute any such convictions.)

    Introverted sensing, manifest in the care of one's body and one's physical environment, remains for Yesenin in a rather subordinate position to his ego functions. He takes his responsibility for his own health, comfort, and surroundings though unless they are connected somehow with his influence of emotional tonus, he will approach these areas with a manner of indifference. In those dominions of introverted sensing that do allow him an opportunity to project a desirable image (the choosing of articles for his abode, choice of clothing, cleanliness, choice of food, attention to injury, etc.), he can cultivate quite a fine sense of finesse.

    Often he does quite a good job of ignoring unpleasant sensations and environments until pain (or the gasps of someone more attuned to such matters - a worrying mother, perhaps) compel him to address these issues. He wishes foremost to have discretion over his own welfare. When his ability to control these aspects of his life are questioned (thus implying a lack of control over his image, or a lack of acceptance of that image), he will be quick to take offense.

    Place of Least Resistance: - Extraverted Logic - external dynamics of objects
    (This is the function whose absence is most keenly felt. One would rather resort to any other function to avoid its use, and it may be a great source of anxiety.)

    Extraverted thinking evaluates the actions of entities with respect to other objects. It thus allows one a facility to objectively gauge advantage, efficiency, and practicality. This is obviously an important aptitude in matters of business and finance.

    Unfortunately, the absence of the subject (remember: objectively evaluate the actions of an object with respect to other objects) renders this function particularly unfrequented for Yesenin. He will do just about anything to avoid its use. Maladies linked to this function include: procrastination, compulsive multi-tasking (never work alone, but work and eat, or work and listen to music, or work then masturbate, then work a little, then masturbate, then take a nap, then work, then go eat, then listen to music, then masturbate again, then go to sleep and leave the work for tomorrow morning), and of course hiding in fetal position in a far off corner.

    Although extraverted thinking is not, by any stretch, a particular strength of Yesenin, he will be sensitive to its use and subconsciously comprehend its value. Thus, a certain neurosis and obsessive sensitivity to (and possibly compensation for) this function (both its presence in others, and lack thereof in himself) can develop.

    Superid Block:

    Dual-Seeking Function: - Extraverted Sensation - external statics of objects
    (This function is placed in the psyche such that one can easily, though subconsciously, recognize its use in others. One lacks the drive to develop this function, though criticism in it is perceived as well-intentioned.)

    The perception of the action that can be done to an object is the strength of Yesenin's dual, Zhukov. Yesenin usually does not possess sufficient desire to exercise this function himself, preferring instead for others to take the initiative. He is quite adept at spotting the "movers and shakers" within a community. This function is particularly appreciated when used in his own defense and to his own benefit, especially by his dual. In the absence of such defense, he may feel neglected and vulnerable.

    In the presence of people for whom extraverted sensing is strong, Yesenin will be compelled to ingratiate himself (usually without consciously being aware of this). These people garner his respect and are perceived as grounded, influential, strong, and fun. Yesenin may find himself inexplicably obliged to present his best face to such an individual - treating her to his most accepting, forgiving, and playful side. Here he himself feels safest and most accepted.

    Estimative Function: - Introverted Logic - external statics of fields
    (The use of this function is relatively tolerable. Praise in this function compensates for any other deficiency - namely the PoLR. Consequently, criticism in it is not taken so well.)

    Unlike its extraverted counterpart, introverted logic does not necessarily feel compelled to evaluate objects in respect to other objects but, rather, in respect to oneself. Furthermore, this function perceives, not the actions of objects, but their unchanging qualities. This renders information somewhat more palatable for Yesenin.

    Almost compulsively he digests vast quantities of information. Often a voracious reader, Yesenin will collect information on an often random and disparate selection of topics. This information is manifest in a collection of static factual knowledge as opposed to an understanding of the underlying implications and relationships between such facts (the dominion of extraverted thinking). Mind you, that isn't to say he has no understanding of the theory behind the phenomena itself. He cannot, however, call on this understanding at will so easily and will not consciously attempt to make these connections unless compelled to by someone else (say, a teacher).

    This information must be understood consciously within the context of his introverted intuition (remember: the ability to evaluate entities in respect to oneself), which allows him to place it within a conceptual framework. Often he can be enthralled by the prospects and implications that these two functions will present one another. The marriage of these two functions is the source of his enthusiastic convictions and theories. Quotations from famous INFps are more than likely based on these two functions.

    Id Block:

    Function of Personal Knowledge: - Extraverted Intuition, internal statics of objects
    (This function works away in the background, without one's conscious knowledge, digesting information. The conclusions it comes to are stubbornly held, and one is not made conscious of them without interference.)

    While introverted intuition perceives the potential actions entities may exhibit to and for the individual, its extraverted counterpart perceives the static qualities of the entities themselves, in respect to other entities. Thus, extraverted intuitive types tend to make connections between entities that may seem quite disparate at first.

    Deep in his psyche, Yesenin will unconsciously appreciate the implications one entity will have for another. This function is closely allied with his extraverted ethics. Presented with more and more people (in different circumstances, from different parts of the world, with different interests), Yesenin is compelled to collect more and more information to be of use in contact with such people. Extraverted intuition allows him a means to identify the possible connections between that which is already understood and known, with incoming data.

    The appreciation of these implications dictates Yesenin's interests, and dictates what people he finds interesting. Bohemians, artists, people with unusual occupations from obscure places of the world, people with unusual opinions - these he is often drawn to, without having the slightest clue why, and often without even knowing it.

    Function of Concrete Art: - Introverted Ethics, internal statics of fields
    (This function is a strength, although due to inability to express or act upon it, one remains largely unaware of its power. The conclusions it reaches are keenly felt, although put to use with some difficulty.)

    Introverted feeling evaluates the innate morality of actions. Although Yesenin will not consciously concern himself with the subject of morality, he will have a firm, subconscious understanding of what is right and wrong. Soft-hearted (though he will alternately attest that his is soft-hearted, and alternately insist he is not), he is easily moved to pity (and possibly tears) upon considering cases of injustice or abuse. He is easily divested of his time and energy if a sufficiently moving plea is made. He will often find himself unable to say "No" when a friend requests from him a shoulder to cry on, or a kind ear.

    He reacts viscerally when he witnesses the mistreatment of others, never knowing quite where this reaction stems from. The heartbeat quickens, the blood rushes faster, although in the presence of the offender, he can often only imagine recompense. His revenge will be more often then not a manifestation of his extraverted feeling (although some IEIs will resort to passive aggressive means), and his way with words and understanding of subtle cues are his best means of offense. At worst, he will resort to the histrionic tendencies aforementioned.

    This understanding is of greatly help to his dual. Unconsciously, Yesenin guides Zhukov away from situations and actions which may potentially hurt others, and which consequently may expose his PoLR.
    Wow this is excellent, you should do one for ENFp, I'd be interested in that.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    OMG
    Baby.
    This needs to be stickied!
    I think that would be helpful/useful too.

    It's absolutely fantastic.
    I agree. What a great job. I find the attribution of thoughts/motivations/behaviors etc. to certain functions, quite tricky. It is really cool to see you work it out!

    100% true for me
    It is so relatable. lol

    The masturbation part was genius.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •