Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: SOCIONICS and MBTI

  1. #1
    Creepy-GBGBGB

    Default SOCIONICS and MBTI

    When you guys at this board say ENTj are you refering to MBTI's ENTP?

    Are the intuitive types reverse on the J/P scale in socionics.

  2. #2
    Koneko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: SOCIONICS and MBTI

    Quote Originally Posted by GBGBGB
    When you guys at this board say ENTj are you refering to MBTI's ENTP?

    Are the intuitive types reverse on the J/P scale in socionics.
    Nope. That approximate rule of thumb for type correspondence applies for introverts. And the reason for this issue is that MBTI attempts to read the J/P dichotomy of the Extraverted function, which on Extraverts is the first and on intraverts is second on both systems, while Socionic view does it always on the first function.

    MBTI(Exxx) more or less Socionic(Exxx)
    MBTI(IxxJ) more or less Socionic(IxxP)
    MBTI(IxxP) more or less Socionic(IxxJ)

    You can compare ego functions shown in mbti...
    http://the16types.info/typesview.php?view=mbti
    ...with socionic ones
    http://the16types.info/typesview.php?view=socionics

    And have the far guess both diciplines intepreted those the same way.
    Balzac

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BUT IT DOES NOT ALWAYS SWITCH!!!

    I've noticed many MB INFPs are socionics INFjs but almost always a MB INFJ is socionics INFj too. It is just a rule of thumb promoted too much by socionics.com. Don't pay too much attention to it.

  4. #4
    Koneko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    BUT IT DOES NOT ALWAYS SWITCH!!!
    In general... unless your lets you breath contradiction and inconsistency with enough criticism, let's just say that both doctrines say non-compatible things about a same attained "truth". Making it simpler... One of both may have found the right way, or neither did (in the strictest sense this may be the truth), but both -can't- be true. So in the end you'll have to choose one and reject the other.

    I go insane speaking alone in a thread Here about how misleading J/P-ness testing may be. And I bet it's even worse the case in MBTI. Because questionnaires are often deceivably similar and go to different explanations.
    Balzac

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is a 3rd option... MB and Socionics do not have a direct correlation...

  6. #6
    Koneko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    There is a 3rd option... MB and Socionics do not have a direct correlation...
    True. I agree. "Truth sharing" among theorical systems is a gross example of platonic innocence. Specially when it's used to build, rather than to justify.
    Balzac

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Im INFP MB and Socionics.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ditto.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

  9. #9
    Creepy-Monica

    Default

    I'm INFJ MB and socionics.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Socionics vs. MBTI

    Is it bad if I got the same answer from both the MBTI and the Socionics tests?

  11. #11
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nah, it's possible.

    By the way, what were your results of the test?
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So far as yet I have tested INTJ twice on MBTI paper tests and about 4 out of 6 times I tested INTJ on several different online tests of which I unfortunately did not distinguish the difference between socionics and MBTI at the time. I have heard that MBTI INTJ's are supposed to test INTp on the Socionics, but I tested INTj on the www.socionics.com linked test. Also, over the past couple years, real-life situations and relations seem to reasonably match-up with the test results so I'm fairly confident of the consistent results at least.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have heard that MBTI INTJ's are supposed to test INTp on the Socionics
    Actualy that's not true. MBTI and Socionics don't correlate with each other and there is no reason why you can't test INTJ on both.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess I don't really understand. How can they have similar profiles, methods and terminology without correlating? The best guess I have is that the MBTI is more general than the Socionics and someone who would test a certain type in MBTI could potentially test one of a group of varying types in Socionics, but like I said -- I haven't been able to understand the correlation and non-correlation of the two.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI and Socionics don't correlate because representatives of both never got together and said, "Hey, let's make this work" and tried to find a way to have both line up with each other. They use the same acronym, but after that it is a bit shaky. They define functions diffrently, Socionics talks about relationships between people, Socionics doesn't think that people can change their type, there can be diffrences between E/I and J/P, etc. Do you see there's a diffrence? You CAN be INTJ in both, because if you take one of those test you might think you are Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging and be right about yourself. Even if you test as INTJ the functional descriptions will be diffrent and the relationships you have with people will be diffrent. Also, MBTI tests are wrong about half the time for people and beyond a simple test MBTI doesn't seem to do anything to diffarentiate between the types.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have heard that MBTI INTJ's are supposed to test INTp on the Socionics
    That is true for most, but not all.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm INFP in every MBTI and socionics test I've took... so it's possible. I only got differently once... and thats because I rushed through it and didnt read it well because I was so confident I'd get INFP anyways.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I recall right, it was, but who knows. But what I should have said is that I AM an INFP in MBTI and SOCIONICS, not that I test such.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •