Thread: What are Quadra?

Creepy-Hans

Default What are Quadra?

please explain. never heard of them before I checked out this board.

Creepy-

do a search man. it's easy to find

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadra Info

Hi Hans,

here is some basic information about the four Quadras:

16types.info: Groups & Socionika: Quadras

Hope it helps.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quadras are the set of values that two dual pairs all share with one another.

Alpha = Fe Si Ne Ti
    Beta = Fe Ni Se Ti
    Gamma = Ni Se Te Fi
    Delta = Te Si Ne Fi

These values make quadra mates better able to interact with one another than with other types and when the entire quadra gets together a feeling of relaxedness or wholeness or completeness sets in in which everyone in the quadra is needed and valued.

They are also important in terms of the progressive evolution of systems.

Alpha creates
    Beta impements
    Gamma works out kinks and so forth
    Delta maintains it

(I think those are correct they might be off slightly but basically it begins with Alpha and gets worked on till it reaches Delta stage.)

There are also "quadra attitudes" that can be found here. Take them with a grain of salt and try to get the entire "gist" of them.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you got some salt for them.

First quadra Motto: To mind our own.
    Second quadra Motto: To do without caring or thinking.
    Third quadra Motto: To critizice and to make passive fun of.
    Fourth quadra Motto: To save yourself first.

(innocent sarcasm from the socion's decadence)
    Balzac

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quadras are the set of values that two dual pairs all share with one another.

Alpha creates
    Beta impements
    Gamma works out kinks and so forth
    Delta maintains it

I find myself doing alot of creating and working out the kinks. I'm an INTj so I belong to alpha yet I identify quite a bit with gamma, which is my opposite quadra? Why would this be? Anyone else here identify with opposite quadra?

Laura
    INTj

Creepy-

because both quadras have sensory feeling and intutive thinking.

However, if you really find yourself relating to gamma more than alpha than maybe you are gamma

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, when I posted that article on my website I could not imagine that quadras will be associated with sexual behavior. It's only one of many hypotheses about the quadras.

In fact, Quadras represent a group effect. How can one describe it? 4 different types (or some of them) together make something new, that cannot attributed only to their personal traits. It's like in chemistry: Na + Cl make NaCl (salt), and salt, by its properties, has nothing in common with natrium and chlorine, either by taste, or by smell, appearance etc.

The 1st quadra is usually a quadra of peaceful but somewhat idealistic (like children) types. They are good in situation of intellectual revoultions, in making first steps on new markets etc. On the other hand, they do not like harsh competition, and when it begins, the 1st quadra goes back into background.

The 2nd quadra is the most maximalistic (like teenagers and young people), they do not care about perfectionism, they rather "want it all and now"; NFs of this quadra are excessively idealistic; "excessively" means that they forgive the harshest actions that help implement their ideals.

The 3rd quadra is pragmatic. They tend to compete; but unlike the 2nd quadra, they tend to negotiations and "economic" forms of competition rather than to wars. This quadra seems funny to me (since I do not belong to it) - they tend to "political correctness" more than representatives of other quadras, but on the other hand, they seem to me to be the most cynical in their actions, so that their "political correctness" is like an antidote against their inborn pragmatism that looks like cynism to representatives of other quadras.

And the 4th quadra is a quadra of perfectionism. Their intellectual approach seems to me rather chaotic: they are ready to accept any idea if it "works" and do not like to check it for logical consistency. They tend to long and stable relationships. They hate to discuss emotional state, both their own and that of other people.

This is how I perceive quadras. Maybe other people's perception may be different.

The best way to understand quadras is to read descriptions of ineraction of types in dual pairs, since each quadra consists of 2 dual pairs. It is here:

www.socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/index-rels.html
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

Quadras are your life now. You want to live in a utopia of one, you hate another, theres one that you find boring, and another one that you secretly like, but tell everyone you hate.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrith View Post
    bump.
    Why?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrith View Post
    bump.
    Why?

Are you "Creepy-Hans"?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko View Post
    There you got some salt for them.

First quadra Motto: To mind our own.
    Second quadra Motto: To do without caring or thinking.
    Third quadra Motto: To critizice and to make passive fun of.
    Fourth quadra Motto: To save yourself first.

(innocent sarcasm from the socion's decadence)
    This is total crap.

Quadra mottos are as follows:

• Alpha : to reflect and to delight in
    • Beta : to suffer and to conquer
    • Gamma : to collaborate and to acquire
    • Delta : to protect, to help and to advocate
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    never seen the "advocate" part for Delta before. you sure about that one?
    I'm positive, cup face.

See here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...agendas-2.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Lytov View Post
    Funny, when I posted that article on my website I could not imagine that quadras will be associated with sexual behavior. It's only one of many hypotheses about the quadras.

In fact, Quadras represent a group effect. How can one describe it? 4 different types (or some of them) together make something new, that cannot attributed only to their personal traits. It's like in chemistry: Na + Cl make NaCl (salt), and salt, by its properties, has nothing in common with natrium and chlorine, either by taste, or by smell, appearance etc.

The 1st quadra is usually a quadra of peaceful but somewhat idealistic (like children) types. They are good in situation of intellectual revoultions, in making first steps on new markets etc. On the other hand, they do not like harsh competition, and when it begins, the 1st quadra goes back into background.

The 2nd quadra is the most maximalistic (like teenagers and young people), they do not care about perfectionism, they rather "want it all and now"; NFs of this quadra are excessively idealistic; "excessively" means that they forgive the harshest actions that help implement their ideals.

The 3rd quadra is pragmatic. They tend to compete; but unlike the 2nd quadra, they tend to negotiations and "economic" forms of competition rather than to wars. This quadra seems funny to me (since I do not belong to it) - they tend to "political correctness" more than representatives of other quadras, but on the other hand, they seem to me to be the most cynical in their actions, so that their "political correctness" is like an antidote against their inborn pragmatism that looks like cynism to representatives of other quadras.

And the 4th quadra is a quadra of perfectionism. Their intellectual approach seems to me rather chaotic: they are ready to accept any idea if it "works" and do not like to check it for logical consistency. They tend to long and stable relationships. They hate to discuss emotional state, both their own and that of other people.

This is how I perceive quadras. Maybe other people's perception may be different.

The best way to understand quadras is to read descriptions of ineraction of types in dual pairs, since each quadra consists of 2 dual pairs. It is here:

www.socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/index-rels.html
    thanks for your post.... i always find quadra posts much more interesting and relevant than individual type posts.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    thanks for your post.... i always find quadra posts much more interesting and relevant than individual type posts.
    But one from 2005?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I guess I can see it fitting for both ST-NF quadras, but "to advocate" just overall sounds more Beta to me for some reason.
    Yeah, I agree that it can fit for both Aristocratic Quadras, but I think that as an "agenda" or a motto it's more adequate for Delta. Any other similar word would again be probably fitting to both quadras. "Support" and "encourage" would be some of the first choice substitutes, but I'm not sure if they'd be better or any less suiting for Beta.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"to protect, to help and to advocate" = Serious, Judicial and Aristocratic, in that order?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    I actually like that post as well. I don't fully endorse it, but I think it is ok.
    I can see where it's coming from.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    But one from 2005?
    obviously you can see that ENTps are not detail oriented people. lol...good eyes...i should got to bed
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    "to protect, to help and to advocate" = Serious, Judicial and Aristocratic, in that order?
    Can you add more or replace the last one with something more exclusive to Delta aristocracy?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, I (=gamma) vote for right wing political parties especially because they are AGAINST political correctness and taboo's etc. (although we have an ILI minister who's for political correctnes...) The rest of gamma description is very good though...

btw where do all the new people come from so suddenly?

oh and the essence of quadra = types who VALUE the same 4 functions (yet in different order), and therefor like eachother more then types out of their own quadra's.
    Alfa: Fe Ti Ne Ti
    Beta: Fe Ti Ni Se
    Gamma: Ni Se Fi Te
    Delta: Ne Ti Fi Te