TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jimmy Wales

Wikipedia founder. Type him.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several of us at Wikisocion have typed him as IEE.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He looks kinda IEE imo

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. I hate him. I don't know what type he is though.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Ugh. I hate him. I don't know what type he is though.
    why? Just curious and no I don't expect it to be socionic related.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would I be to dispute an IEE's typing of someone of their own type?

Yes I agree, he's IEE. Would be interesting to scrutinize his reign from a socionics standpoint.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Who would I be to dispute an IEE's typing of someone of their own type?

Yes I agree, he's IEE. Would be interesting to scrutinize his reign from a socionics standpoint.
    I think the desire to bring together all knowledge and make it publicly accessible is basically Ne - related. Some people might attribute it to Te, but I disagree. Te would be more discriminating about whether information is useful and relates to the compilers' purpose, whereas Ne "believes" that ALL information is potentially useful and is thus worth organizing.

The Fi part is getting everybody interested in it through social incentives -- becoming part of a community where power is determined by contribution, not degree or formal rank. A Ti approach would be to organize an effort with similar goals, but within the academic community -- say, by organizing a public database of all published papers on different topics that includes a citation ranking to help readers find the most influential papers.

Wales' genius, IMO, is in 1) tackling all areas of knowledge, not just the academic, and 2) knowing that his project would succeed and why, based on an understanding of the psychology of information collection and dissemination. But his primary motivation was actually to gather knowledge, not to build a social network of people of which he would be the centerpiece (that sounds like a Fe motivation).
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Surely he must be making money out of it though, maybe saying he needs a wage which would come out of sponsors or fund raising activities?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENTP, ENFP

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Surely he must be making money out of it though, maybe saying he needs a wage which would come out of sponsors or fund raising activities?
    He's never made a dime, I don't think. But he did get some favors one time by way of his position, and a credit card....

But really, the place went downhill after he removed himself. The left-wingers by and large couldn't come up with a reason to really "deal with" the obligations of volunteer governing, and so the right-wingers took over and....

It became Citizendium with Wikipedia paint. The admins are way too active on that place... it's a cabal of the first order, no matter what they say.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

his eyes are simply radiating Ne everywhere

picking between IEE and ILE, from the statements he has made he is clearly an involutionary type -> IEE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    his eyes are simply radiating Ne everywhere

picking between IEE and ILE, from the statements he has made he is clearly an involutionary type -> IEE
    His eyes creep me out haha

I could see Ne-ENFp from the OP's video. What statements of his make you think involutionary?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    His eyes creep me out haha

I could see Ne-ENFp from the OP's video. What statements of his make you think involutionary?
    lol they do have this sort of a crazy glow to them

What he says gives me an impression that he sees his vision with great clarity, but at the same time it has this somewhat coarse quality to it - he is simplifying down the information that he receives. Examples:

"When someone just writes 'f**k, f**k, f**k', we just fix it, laugh and move on. But the difficult social issues are the borderline cases — people who do some good work, but who are also a pain in the neck. "

"Ideally, our rules should be formed in such a fashion that an ordinary helpful kind thoughtful person doesn't really even need to know the rules. You just get to work, do something fun, and nobody hassles you as long as you are being thoughtful and kind."
    so here you got phrases like "people who do some good work", "you just do something fun", "we just fix it", etc. there is a lot of information, many different kinds of situations, that have been wrapped up into these condensed statements

In addition involutionary types usually try to make an impact in their first statement. That's where they put their punch line, key summary, or moral of the story, whatever you wanna call it, and the rest of text kind of flows from there. Examples:

"We are a passionate community of volunteers who are trying to create a free encyclopedia for every single person on the planet. So we don't often think in terms of competition. We are going to do what we do and we hope Google does wonderful things as well. [...] If we were approaching this as a business we would think always: Oh, how can we position ourselves on the market... We just don't do any of that stuff."

"Greatest misconception about Wikipedia: We aren’t democratic. Our readers edit the entries, but we’re actually quite snobby. The core community appreciates when someone is knowledgeable, and thinks some people are idiots and shouldn’t be writing."
    the first sentences are loaded and offer the greatest impact in both of these quotes, the rest of information just trickles down from there and gets progressively discharged ... many more examples of this, but yeah this doesn't sound like ILE style at all

also, I'm going to guess he is sx/so because the two main concerns he mentions over and over again seem to be passion for his project and the community

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition involutionary types usually try to make an impact in their first statement. That's where they put their punch line, key summary, or moral of the story, whatever you wanna call it, and the rest of text kind of flows from there. Examples:

the first sentences are loaded and offer the greatest impact in both of these quotes, the rest of information just trickles down from there and gets progressively discharged ... many more examples of this, but yeah this doesn't sound like ILE style at all.
    Interesting, I do this a lot in my writing/speech too. It always seems weird to be when people don't start their topics with anything other than the main point they're trying to make.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jimmy Boyle.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Interesting, I do this a lot in my writing/speech too. It always seems weird to be when people don't start their topics with anything other than the main point they're trying to make.
    I've tried writing in opposite manner just as an experiment - was drafting an email and tried starting with some minor things and develop towards the main points, and it felt very unnatural to me. I've noticed when I read 'process' style text I start floudering a bit being unsure where it's all going.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree w/ Ne-ENFp for Wales.

I've noticed when I read 'process' style text I start floudering a bit being unsure where it's all going.
    Same. Though I've an easier time reading text from D-A types. It's generally C-D (esp. ILEs) that throws me for the biggest frustration loops of, "okay fuck, where is this going and why is it taking so long…"

Interesting observations re: Process/Result.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Jimmy Boyle.

Jonesy Spills

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Same. Though I've an easier time reading text from D-A types. It's generally C-D (esp. ILEs) that throws me for the biggest frustration loops of, "okay fuck, where is this going and why is it taking so long…"
    Yes, it feels like they're trying to create really weird connections between the things they're looking at that have no real connections to each other, with the end result being some conclusion that comes way out of left field. To me it comes off that they're throwing out random words into the air and connecting the dots as they see fit in the moment. This happens even if what they're trying to say makes total sense lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out TheOatmeal

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/jimmy_wales

I read a magazine interview which indicated he paid himself a salary of about $85,000 per year. I do not know if he still makes that. Also, I'd say that he is IEE. In fact, he is kind of an archtype of it.

I bet he has a pistol on him at all times.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 11-25-2011 at 01:12 AM.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is he holding in a fart
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, he just got his wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, you guys are using some short hand I do not know. You say "involentary type" -

you say "sx/so"

You say "D-A types. C-D types"

I do not know the short hand yet. Define these.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Okay, you guys are using some short hand I do not know. You say "involentary type" -

you say "sx/so"

You say "D-A types. C-D types"

I do not know the short hand yet. Define these.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko

siuntal has some translated articles somewhere in the CMS too relating to this.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My God - that was GREAT. I love that article.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Jimmy Wales

Jimmy Donal Wales (born August 7, 1966), also known by the online moniker Jimbo
    , [2] is an American Internet entrepreneur,[3][5] best known as the co-founder of the online non-profit encyclopedia Wikipedia,[6] and the for-profit web hosting company Wikia.[7]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Wales

Didn't check if there was already a thread on him. Edit: Appearantly there wasn't.

Photos

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy Wales - INFP - Yesenin

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't agree with ILE, which has been suggested. I think he's IEE. My first impression was actually SLI, since he seems delta but his gaze looks so far into the horizon he can't have 1D .

He seems like his values are delta>alpha. I don't get the radical, "we're not in Kansas anymore" sense of newness from Wales I get from someone like Zuckerberg, even Wales is a creative dude. His vision doesn't seem disturbing to me as it does with that of ILEs in tech. I read in one of the description of quasi-identical relations that "the creations of your quasi-identical seem monstrous". I find this to be true of ILEs' creations in the tech world like Facebook; something about the sense of irresponsiblity it generates in people, and the sense of breaking down barriers without breaking them down bothers me about Zuckerberg. I don't get this from Wales and Wikpedia, he seems much more reasonable and his creations seem much more useful to humanity (in my opinion at least). I don't get quasi-identical vibes.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wikipedia is a very Te HA thing if you subscribe to HA

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    wikipedia is a very Te HA thing if you subscribe to HA
    It's much more than , as a concept, that's for sure.