Thread: ILIs-INTps: outer self-control, inner turmoil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILIs-INTps: outer self-control, inner turmoil

Earlier someone mentioned how INTPs have great outer self-control combined with inner turmoil. I've located a couple of good examples for your edufication.

Johnny Depp, INTP

Excercises superb bodily control. His acting is though is very surface, stemming mostly from the keen observation and mimicry of the character he is portraying. His is not the type that emotionally inhabits his role. This allows him to have a spectacular range of characterizations but prevents him from convincingly portraying "serious" characters.

Usher, INTP

Deep down you know it's best for yourself but you
    Hate the thought of her being with someone else
    But you know that it's over
    We know that it's through
    Let it burn
    Let it burn
    Gotta let it burn

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think Johnny Depp is an ENTP.

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...t=680&start=15

Outer self-control without inner turmoil.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, he's way too grim to be ENTP...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, Usher looks alot like MysticSonic.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actors are absolutley the hardest people to type. They are always playing someone diffrent, so it's harder to pin them down more than other people. Remember with Depp he has played roles from The Headless Horsman to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to The Secret Window to Pirates of the Carribean.... I think you get the point. I'm a logical subtype ENTP and he does seem lilke a logical-ENTP to me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we please leave Depp as an INTp? The more hot, famous, and successful INTps we have, the better it is for the general image of my type. :wink:
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Larry David isn't good enough for you?

Seriously, though, Larry David didn't even want the fame and success. If you don't believe me watch his interview on the Seinfeld DVD. Maybe that's part of the reason we don't see more famous INTps; they just don't embrace it like other types would.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

The anti-Canada, roughly 2 miles from Mr. Cone's house
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mr Cone, is there something you'd like to say to the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Can we please leave Depp as an INTp? The more hot, famous, and successful INTps we have, the better it is for the general image of my type. :wink:
    Mr Cone, is there something you need to say to everyone (including your human friend-g?).
    Mr. Cone's family scares me.

If I only had a brain...

Voted "most cryptic" and "Most likely to become his/her country's next president/prime minister"

I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. When I take office, I'll remember those who didn't vote for me...

ENTJ

Warning: can be long-winded when writing. Allow for a minimum of 20 minutes to read each individual post of mine

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, now if only white girls could think I'm sexy...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Great, now if only white girls could think I'm sexy...

Don't worry, my sister was obsessed with the guy awhile back. Last time I checked, she was white.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Don't worry, my sister was obsessed with the guy awhile back. Last time I checked, she was white."

More Gamma lies! You're just trying to convert me four your coup...

Creepy-

What the hell? Johnny Depp is a reclusive ESTP, Ti subtype

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd actually type Johnny Depp as an INFp---but that's just me.

The anti-Canada, roughly 2 miles from Mr. Cone's house
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default That'd be me

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Don't worry, my sister was obsessed with the guy awhile back. Last time I checked, she was white.
    Uhh... sorry about that, that'd be me. I'm just too much for the average, white, middle-class lady who lives in a small town and wants a thrill at a moment's notice.

ROFL!

[rant]
    Now, before Mr. Cone's sister (or more likely, his mother) complains to me, I shall elaborate for her. It was a joke, Mrs. Cone, nothing more than that. Stop e-mailing me with rather sad threats at calling me. No one knows where in Canada I live. Even when Mr. Cone saw me leave the bus to walk home, he didn't see the entire trip (I live a bit farther back, behind the one alley back there, but I like to cut through my neighbors' yards and stuff).
    [/rant]

Now that I've publicly humiliated Mrs Cone via her very own actions, I suppose I'll apologize, but only when it stops.
    Mr. Cone's family scares me.

If I only had a brain...

Voted "most cryptic" and "Most likely to become his/her country's next president/prime minister"

I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. When I take office, I'll remember those who didn't vote for me...

ENTJ

Warning: can be long-winded when writing. Allow for a minimum of 20 minutes to read each individual post of mine

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes INTPs often appear more self controlled than they are. What makes you think Usher and Johnny Depp are INTPs, is it VI or something else? Yes I want him to be INTP, the more hot men there are among us, the more this increases my confidence of getting girls. :wink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    What makes you think Usher and Johnny Depp are INTPs, is it VI or something else?
    Sometimes it's hard to explain. It's highly intuitive, but at the same time I'm 100% sure of my evaluation. (If I am not 100% when I type someone I will indicate this.) In this case mostly body movements and VI, plus creative output. After that I look for anecdotal evidence to confirm or deny. For example with Usher I remember that he and Alicia Keys (100% ESFJ) had a cold, professional working relationship even when they did a video together. (she said she had lots of "respect" for him.) This actually doesn't hold much weight, but is one of the few facts I can marshall for you.

I'm sure you have met people that you've been able to type beyond all shadow of a doubt, but when called upon to explain your reasoning it's difficult. That's because there is no reasoning. You just get a sense for it is all.