Thread: Help me type myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Help me type myself

Hello, my name is June and I'm a daydreamer...

I like flipping a coin to decide wether or not I should do something while I'm in doubt, wich I did myself just before starting this thread. I consider myself a person who aims higher but doesn't achieve much effectiveness in coming into practice, I'm not sure if that is an indicative of strong Ne or weak Te. I tend imagine multiple scenarios in my mind to frame the future, but it seems that I'm actually stuck in the present and have little or no influence on the status of things. My feeling towards life, is like young future King David with a heavy an ill-fitting armor ready to find a giant with only a slingshot on my hand. I consider myself a rather shy person, generally not sociable but that can be sometimes outgoing and has an on-off kind of ability of creating certain moods or exerting emotional influence, but I have little care for relationships. Sometimes I feel pleasure on exerting this influence, specially on strangers... and I also like making people slightly uncomfortable sometimes. I like to say I love being "best friends" with strangers because you can't really have those obligations that some friends request you to have. I've been taunted by a secret society member before, wich is one of my dreams... to become part of a secret society, but I never talked to this man after that... because I just dropped off college for being a cavalier against ideology. It is like I can't see the point on relationship building, I think I'm rather weak at constructing revedlationships and maintaining them on the long term, but I justify that on the basis I don't really like what most people of my country like or thing as they do, they're generally stupid and narrowminded. People from other countries, such as US seem to really pay attention to what you're saying, while in my society people are just waiting for their turn to talk and they avoid blindessly any cause of emotional distress or unrest. College started like that, I caused a lot of controversy, wich divided people... some admired me for holding up strong opinions, some hated me for being controversial. Interestingly enough, while I could talk well and put up some hot topics to break the academic ice, I couldn't just go up there and present a paper, you know, talk in public. I actually liked gathering respect from people in a society where it is almost a crime to just go off the academic schedule, wich is stiff, ideologically driven and wich makes you a functional illiterate. Some part of me would like to be a hippie, some part of me would like to be a bohemian, some part would like to be a bussinessman or a political leader. I consider myself, in Big 5, high in openness and also high in neuroticism. I'm not sure if someone will get interested, but if someone is, I hope it helps.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maybe you are some kind of an Se type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like flipping a coin to decide wether or not I should do something
    This sounds like suggestive
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

if this describes you "millions of ideas, unfinished tasks, and random bursts of energy are just part of who I am" then you're infp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    This sounds like suggestive
    Do you think an Ni suggestive type is likely to introduce themselves as a "daydreamer"?