Thread: ISFp/SEI vs enneagram type 9

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFp/SEI vs enneagram type 9

It's a tossup between SEI and IEI for me. I'm an E9, and SEI descriptions seem pretty similar to 9 descriptions-they're both easygoing and mediators. So, what's a good way to tell them apart and also spot a IEI 9? And bonus question-what does a SEI with high Ni look like?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know how to answer this, but I am SEI E9. I guess you just have to continue observing people to tell them apart. The descriptions are just hints, Socionics is all about the functions.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"what's a good way to tell them apart"

SEI has three characters, 9 only has one.

But seriously, you should just start from scratch when typing yourself in socionics (or any system). The typing is a conclusion, not an observation.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robobot14 View Post
    And bonus question-what does a SEI with high Ni look like?
    Like an IEI.

But seriously SEIs are more grounded and aware of their surrounding. Physical comfort and a clean environment seem to be high priority for them, whereas with IEIs not so much.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robobot14 View Post
    It's a tossup between SEI and IEI for me. I'm an E9, and SEI descriptions seem pretty similar to 9 descriptions-they're both easygoing and mediators. So, what's a good way to tell them apart and also spot a IEI 9? And bonus question-what does a SEI with high Ni look like?
    This high Ni could be lot of things. For example executing things in streamlined fashion by pushing mental projection forwards. Or just more passive... or more fictionally oriented. Could be a lot.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The main confusion regards stuff about avoidance. From an older post of mine:

Si similarly got railroaded by those working inside the one dimensional, one typology closed universe....there it got conflated into type nine. Avoidance of allowing situations to disturb one's mental tranquility is pure enneagram nine. R & H calls it the nine's inner sanctum. That's not to say the nine does not avoid such situations....the SLE-Se 9w1 so/sp can be quite brutal, but that its more nines negate the impact of their actions through the defense mechanism known as isolation. They disassociate...it allows them to be aggressive without really having to experience the impact of that aggression. The inner sanctum never gets touched. In attributing type nine to Si/SEI, socionists began invading the domain of behavior and personality. They couldn't just stick to socionics as cognition even though that was the crux of the theory. Think about it. Avoidance is behaviorally-related rather than cognition-type related...because the crux is 'to avoid', to avoid disturbing situations. To avoid is a behavior, so, thus, does not infer any particular cognition and has no significance socionically. People will vastly different styles of cognition can engage in avoidance. Yet, this was the direction Si and moreso SEI ended up becoming taken in.