Thread: VI me! (+some description)

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI me! (+some description)

Hello!A few months back I posted this questionnaire http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...onnaire-(niko) and I got typed as LIE. Some people suggested posting photographs for VI typing, but I have been very skeptical about it. Lately, however, after having looked at quite a few VI threads, I started to actually see some similarities and correlations, which are not necessarily physical in nature, but more about the vibe they gave off. I have not been able to apply it to myself though (I am awful at physically examining myself).

I tried to include my most common facial expressions during a typical day. The photographs were taken withing the same week. I will be deleting them in a few days, I don't really like having my pics in forums.

I also wanted to add a few more points (unrelated to the pictures) which could be helpful in typing me.
    I moved out of my home country in autumn to go to university abroad, so I have been discovering more things about myself and about my relation to the world:
    - Having interacted with a lot of new people, I started to notice that I tend to prefer (like everyone), specific types of people, in the context of socionics. My closer friends/acquaintances are LSI, SEE, ESI, SLI and EII. On the other hand, I noticed the most tension with Alpha SF's. This has always been true, but I was not aware of sociotypes before that.
    - I have been getting more assertive, both professionally and interpesonally. (more details in the questionnaire if you're curious)
    - Being actually faced with the real world, my too dreamy ambitions have been substituted by more realistically achievable projects. This actually brings me more satisfaction, drive and desire to be persistent, as I can see much more clearly how to get there. Nonetheless, I still have grand dreams about making it (big) in tech/science entrepreneurship and getting wealthy enough to be completely independent and free to do whatever I want (travel, invest, financially support people close to me,...)

So, what are your opinions?

P.S. I have considered every ENxx for myself
    Last edited by niko; 04-19-2019 at 07:15 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ENTj
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How did you find an EII?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree - LIE. If not LIE my secondary guess would be some kind of Te-ILI (very) dynamic subtype. But I do think LIE. Do you feel like LIE fits you better than other types or no?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree, you look LIE.

The clothes in your room are kind of chaotic. Si-PoLR. Looks like many of my rooms.

Some advice: Don't get rich to travel. Travel to get rich.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    How did you find an EII?
    Dating app
    I also knew two more EII's back home. I seem to get along with them very well, although I did cut off my ties with one of them because she was a very unhealthy person, to the point of making me miserable. I still talk to the other one.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    I have to agree - LIE. If not LIE my secondary guess would be some kind of Te-ILI (very) dynamic subtype. But I do think LIE. Do you feel like LIE fits you better than other types or no?
    Yes. I both got types as LIE and concluded so myself from learning about socionics myself. I wanted to confirm it with VI. I have thought ILI, especially because I am not classically extroverted, but, Fe PoLR and 1D-Se do not really fit me. Se-HA and Fe role make much more sense. I have also been realizing I actually am extroverted, so it all fits

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I agree, you look LIE.

The clothes in your room are kind of chaotic. Si-PoLR. Looks like many of my rooms.

Some advice: Don't get rich to travel. Travel to get rich.
    My room is more like a shelter and storage area for me. I spend most of my time out of it, unless I'm having a particularly lazy period where I waste my time online.
    Sometimes I do try to order it, but somehow it never looks very orderly.

I had actually just started reading and researching about your advice, like a few days ago, but I still don't really have any kind of solid plans for that. I want to get my Physics degree first and operate some of the cool devices for research

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niko View Post
    Yes. I both got types as LIE and concluded so myself from learning about socionics myself. I wanted to confirm it with VI. I have thought ILI, especially because I am not classically extroverted, but, Fe PoLR and 1D-Se do not really fit me. Se-HA and Fe role make much more sense. I have also been realizing I actually am extroverted, so it all fits
    I looked pretty introverted until I was mid-twenties, and then I started acting on the world.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My room is more like a shelter and storage area for me. I spend most of my time out of it, unless I'm having a particularly lazy period where I waste my time online.
    Sometimes I do try to order it, but somehow it never looks very orderly.

I had actually just started reading and researching about your advice, like a few days ago, but I still don't really have any kind of solid plans for that. I want to get my Physics degree first and operate some of the cool devices for research
    My bedroom is the same. I have clothes in it and a bed and a chair that I never use. The only time I’m in there is when I’m sleeping. (Or sleeping with someone, but other rooms serve equally well for that.)

I also have a degree in Physics (and Astronomy) and worked in a cyclotron and did some observing with a 37” telescope. Those things are fun. Most of the LIE’s that I know have similar backgrounds. We all got fascinated with something in our teens or twenties and then gradually moved towards making money in some way that relates to our interests.
    So choose your obsession carefully. You might have it for a long time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

by photos seem N

video is used for VI, in common
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked pretty introverted until I was mid-twenties, and then I started acting on the world.
    I'm gradually getting more active in the world. I get exactly what you mean.
    I was also curious, since you are an enneagram 8, would you also have considered yourself an 8 when younger, or was it also a gradual development?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have a degree in Physics (and Astronomy) and worked in a cyclotron and did some observing with a 37” telescope. Those things are fun. Most of the LIE’s that I know have similar backgrounds. We all got fascinated with something in our teens or twenties and then gradually moved towards making money in some way that relates to our interests.
    So choose your obsession carefully. You might have it for a long time.
    Same here. Astrophysics has fascinated me for more than a decade, and I am 20! More recently, I've been getting interested in quantum physics (especially quantum computing) and even more recently big data and machine learning.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Easy SEE-Fi 3w4 sp/so...totalize is another SEE-Fi who mistypes himself LIE.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Same here. Astrophysics has fascinated me for more than a decade, and I am 20! More recently, I've been getting interested in quantum physics (especially quantum computing) and even more recently big data and machine learning.
    Two books I’ve liked on those topics are Seth Lloyd’s “Programming the Universe” and Gerard Milburn’s “The Feynman Processer”.

But of course, you should read Feynman’s Lecture Series first, particularly the part on the double slit experiment and the sum over states. Read it five times. He is also LIE, and his approach to physics is very different from that of most professors, who tend to be LII and not easily understood by such as we.

Or rather, I should say that I can easily understand their texts but have a hard time figuring out why I should care. Te vs. Ti.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The best book I’ve read on machine learning is “On Intelligence”, by Jeff Hawkins.

I use a program called Zemax that utilizes genetic algorithms to solve unsolvable problems. It is fairly amazing to see it work. If you are interested, I can PM you an essay I wrote on how it works.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best book I’ve read on machine learning is “On Intelligence”, by Jeff Hawkins.

I use a program called Zemax that utilizes genetic algorithms to solve unsolvable problems. It is fairly amazing to see it work. If you are interested, I can PM you an essay I wrote on how it works.
    Yes, I would really like to read the essay.

And thanks for the book recommendations!

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIE wouldn't respond to Adam that way. (also, adam is IEE-Fi 3w4 sp/sx)

Only LIEs in this forum's history are as follows:

LIE-Ni: Ineffable, Moonraker, Avebury
    LIE-Te: Ashton, FDG, Expat, Invisiblehim, Narc, Anglas

That's it. There was one other person whose name escapes me. I mistakenly insinuated ineffable was ILE the other day on another thread (old habit).

LIEs come along once in a blue moon...same as SLEs. Though, guys overwhelmingly mistype as one of these two.

SeFi > Te/Ni:

Hello!A few months back I posted this questionnaire http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...onnaire-(niko) and I got typed as LIE. Some people suggested posting photographs for VI typing, but I have been very skeptical about it. Lately, however, after having looked at quite a few VI threads, I started to actually see some similarities and correlations, which are not necessarily physical in nature, but more about the vibe they gave off. I have not been able to apply it to myself though (I am awful at physically examining myself).

I tried to include my most common facial expressions during a typical day. The photographs were taken withing the same week. I will be deleting them in a few days, I don't really like having my pics in forums.

I also wanted to add a few more points (unrelated to the pictures) which could be helpful in typing me.
    I moved out of my home country in autumn to go to university abroad, so I have been discovering more things about myself and about my relation to the world:
    - Having interacted with a lot of new people, I started to notice that I tend to prefer (like everyone), specific types of people, in the context of socionics. My closer friends/acquaintances are LSI, SEE, ESI, SLI and EII. On the other hand, I noticed the most tension with Alpha SF's. This has always been true, but I was not aware of sociotypes before that.
    - I have been getting more assertive, both professionally and interpesonally. (more details in the questionnaire if you're curious)
    - Being actually faced with the real world, my too dreamy ambitions have been substituted by more realistically achievable projects. This actually brings me more satisfaction, drive and desire to be persistent, as I can see much more clearly how to get there. Nonetheless, I still have grand dreams about making it (big) in tech/science entrepreneurship and getting wealthy enough to be completely independent and free to do whatever I want (travel, invest, financially support people close to me,...)
    And your VI is Se/Fi > Te/Ni.

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/see-fi/

vs

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/lie-ni/

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Easy SEE-Fi 3w4 sp/so...totalize is another SEE-Fi who mistypes himself LIE.
    yeah could be SEE or IEE or something. doesnt seem LIE at all as usual ppl with no brain just bandwagoning the first responder

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's it. There was one other person whose name escapes me. I mistakenly insinuated ineffable was ILE the other day on another thread (old habit).

LIEs come along once in a blue moon...same as SLEs. Though, guys overwhelmingly mistype as one of these two.

SeFi > Te/Ni:

vs

How would a LIE respond?
    Why do you see Se/Fi over Te/Ni?
    Being SEE would also mean me having weak intuition/thinking and strong sensing/feeling. The problem is, my whole life has been me struggling with the complete opposite. I've been criticized in the past about my lack of Si and Fi.
    Also, why enneagram 3w4?

I'm open to suggestions, but SEE seems very unlikely.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    yeah could be SEE or IEE or something. doesnt seem LIE at all as usual ppl with no brain just bandwagoning the first responder
    I'd say you are the person with no brain in this case. I explicitly mentioned that I had been types as LIE before, but I posted again because I was curious about VI. Most people agreed on LIE, so it makes sense for it to be correct. But most importantly, I concluded so too from my own research, which may or may have not been as thorough as necessary, given that I have far more important things to do in life.

Also, back to the main topic of the thread, why do you think SEE/IEE for me?

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Wow, impressive to be in your presence, oh brainy one! LOL. Actually no, personal experience in life with an LIE prompted my typing of him... I’d prefer to disagree with Maritsa/Beautiful Sky where possible.

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say you are the person with no brain in this case. I explicitly mentioned that I had been types as LIE before, but I posted again because I was curious about VI. Most people agreed on LIE, so it makes sense for it to be correct. But most importantly, I concluded so too from my own research, which may or may have not been as thorough as necessary, given that I have far more important things to do in life.

Also, back to the main topic of the thread, why do you think SEE/IEE for me?
    If you really cared about what people thought, maybe you shouldn't have started your post with "oh by the way I'm LIE"

If you really wanted to be typed, maybe you shouldn't throw a tantrum when people don't type you "LIE"

For contribution's sake, my first impression of you was that you are an ethical type. Your eyes have a soft warmth to them. I think IEE could work. I could also see ExFj, but I can't really tell.
    Last edited by Moou; 03-22-2019 at 04:34 PM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moou View Post
    If you really cared about what people thought, maybe you shouldn't have started your post with "oh by the way I'm LIE"

If you really wanted to be typed, maybe you shouldn't throw a tantrum when people don't type you "LIE"
    Go check out my previous thread, where I got typed LIE too. I was asked to post pictures/video for VI, but I was new and linking personality to appearance didn't make sense. Later on, I started seeing that VI might actually be true so I decided to create this thread.
    If you do think I'm another type, I'm interested in hearing your opinion, given you have an explanation for it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aaaannd heerreee we go.

Niko, you will find that in any population, there will always be some percentage which is plainly, obviously, completely crazy. That percentage is 27%, as documented here: http://kfmonkey.blogspot.com/2005/10...ification.html

The fact that you are typed LIE by more than 73% of the participating forum speaks fairly well of this place. But don't expect consensus.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SeFi > Te/Ni:

vs

Respectfully, these VI examples are not necessarily infallibly typed, and why are ALL your LIE-Ni examples old men with significant age/wrinkles? It’s very difficult to compare a young, attractive guy like niko to these much older guys. LIEs can actually have sort of a symmetrical soft look without being SEE (Filatova’s photos show this quite well). Incidentally niko does not match up well to your SEE-Fi photo examples, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aaaannd heerreee we go.

Niko, you will find that in any population, there will always be some percentage which is plainly, obviously, completely crazy. That percentage is 27%, as documented here: http://kfmonkey.blogspot.com/2005/10...ification.html

The fact that you are typed LIE by more than 73% of the participating forum speaks fairly well of this place. But don't expect consensus.
    On this forum the percentages seem to be reversed

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intuitive type is quite clear, as well as serious quadra...are you sure you're extroverted? Just asking because in your last pic on the right you look quite like a good ILI friend of mine.

But if you self-type as LIE, then ok.

SEE is a totally weird typing.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    intuitive type is quite clear, as well as serious quadra...are you sure you're extroverted? Just asking because in your last pic on the right you look quite like a good ILI friend of mine.

But if you self-type as LIE, then ok.

SEE is a totally weird typing.
    Well, conventionally, I am sort of introverted, relative to most people. I don't go out to parties that much, I prefer small group (3 people) or solitary activities, etc... (although I do talk a lot if I get started).
    Typology wise, I think I am an LIE (therefore extrovert) because of these reasons:
    - I am a positivist and result type in the dichotomies
    - I have had more problems with Fi than Se in my life
    - Fe role > Fe PoLR
    - Ej temperament > Ip temperament
    There are probably a few more which I can't remember right now.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, conventionally, I am sort of introverted, relative to most people. I don't go out to parties that much, I prefer small group (3 people) or solitary activities, etc... (although I do talk a lot if I get started).
    Typology wise, I think I am an LIE (therefore extrovert) because of these reasons:
    - I am a positivist and result type in the dichotomies
    - I have had more problems with Fi than Se in my life
    - Fe role > Fe PoLR
    - Ej temperament > Ip temperament
    There are probably a few more which I can't remember right now.
    Would you please describe to me the Fi problems that you have?
    -

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Would you please describe to me the Fi problems that you have?
    I have trouble understanding how people relate to me and how they perceive me relationship wise. I have no trouble initiating contact with people, but if they don't take a step forward in the relationship, it will stay a superficial acquaintanceship. I don't want to be the first one because I am paranoid I might commit a relationship faux pass, if that makes sense. Like, I am not entirely sure if I should take a step forward in the relationship, exactly because I don't know how I am supposed to relate to the given person. That's why I mostly tend to be friendly to everyone, but sort of distant. The only time I can confidently get closer to someone is when I have proof they will most likely respond positively to my advances.
    I do think though that Fi is a big motivator for me. My sense of ethics is very strong and very personally based, and loyalty is very important to me because it establishes that a given person really appreciates/respects me and vice versa.
    To my understanding, Fi is about the awareness of interpersonal bonds. I like to imagine it as being able to see the wavelenght of every person, and how it synchronizes with your.
    Mind you, differences in cultural background definitely have an effect. I'm mentioning this because I come from a particularly emotionally intrusive culture

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have trouble understanding how people relate to me and how they perceive me relationship wise. I have no trouble initiating contact with people, but if they don't take a step forward in the relationship, it will stay a superficial acquaintanceship. I don't want to be the first one because I am paranoid I might commit a relationship faux pass, if that makes sense. Like, I am not entirely sure if I should take a step forward in the relationship, exactly because I don't know how I am supposed to relate to the given person. That's why I mostly tend to be friendly to everyone, but sort of distant. The only time I can confidently get closer to someone is when I have proof they will most likely respond positively to my advances.
    I do think though that Fi is a big motivator for me. My sense of ethics is very strong and very personally based, and loyalty is very important to me because it establishes that a given person really appreciates/respects me and vice versa.
    To my understanding, Fi is about the awareness of interpersonal bonds. I like to imagine it as being able to see the wavelenght of every person, and how it synchronizes with your.
    Mind you, differences in cultural background definitely have an effect. I'm mentioning this because I come from a particularly emotionally intrusive culture
    Yes you are indeed Fi seeking

I asked you to write this up mostly so that ESI can read it and be confident about forwarding a relationship with you just helping a friend out
    -

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIE is a good possibility.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It’s funny to me that almost all the LIE that I know have chose to be in relationships with SEI because SEI truly demonstrate their Fi confidently to LIE so those relationships take off easily. These scenarios are very common in most bad relationships dynamics in general.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Being an Fi base I can establish bonds very easily just by being concerned for another person’s well being and asking them about it.
    -

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kalinoche your twin?

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged