Thread: Confused about my type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confused about my type

Hey everyone.

I've been reading mbti for a few years and I'm still confused on my type. I've tested as xSTP, xNTJ XNTP.

some info about me.

I'm impatient and stubborn

I HATE being micro managed

When at work I tend to just want to do my own thing and not be bothered to much unless by someone I like talking to.

I speak up when needed

I asked My family and friends to describe me in one word and these are what they said • rebellious • funny • stubborn

I also asked them to pick a fictional character that fits my personality and this is what they said • Iron Man • Star Lord • Mulder

I work out 5 days a week and hike,surf, fish.

I've been described as a geek/jock

I'm a fantasy/sci fi/horror Nerd.

I read a lot of fantasy books and write.

as a husband and father I'm loving,caring, and would do anything for my family. I'm goofy around those im close to, so my loved ones see that side of me more.

I've been told I look intimidating and not nerdy until they got to know me.

I try to be rational and logical as much as I can but being impatient can cause me to be irritated easily.

I tend to jump straight into things

I think fast on my feet

I'm always watching and reading theories on game of thrones and star wars and marvel

science minded

I used to be really into playing sports, I watch a lot more of it than I participate

I'm a avid gamer, FPS and RPGS. in shooters I play sniper or explosives classes, in RPGS i play rogues or a necromancer.

loud

When there's a problem I tend to try and fix it right away.

I'm blunt

I can get frustrated easy

Tends to rush monotonous tasks

• Talk before thinking or sentences come out jumbled .

• Change subject when talking randomly

• Passionate

• Love laughing and making people laugh.

• Can talk about abstract things but prefer more factual things

• Head in the clouds

• Try and get important things done asap if there important like bills. I usually don't want to worry about things and by getting them done I have more time to relax.

• I like to do things on my own time. I don't like schedules.

• Opionated

• Been told I'm a great dad by my 2 daughters and family and friends. I'm very caring and loving toward them.

• When I'm with my wife I like to conversate and enjoy spending time with her. She says I'm energetic and can be overwhelming with my energy. She good at keeping me grounded and I'm good at getting her out of her shell.

• I'm goofy and talkative

• tend to forget things

• Get bored easily

• Open minded

• try and see things from others perspectives

• Love to debate and talk politics. Went to school for political science but never finished.

• Love to do Puzzles and play strategy games

• Read a lot. Mostly fiction and biographies about bands.

• Analytical and tend to over analyze things

• Will call people out who are bothering me or being unfair in general to me or others.

• I enjoy playing Rpgs. I like the freedom of games like the elder scrolls games.

• Dont like being managed and is why I got into a job so i can be my own boss mostly.

• Love talking about movies. Everything about a movie usually but especially the way it's filmed,cinematography and special fx.

• I zone out when people are talking to me about things I don't care about

• Tend to know a lot about pop culture even though I'm not a trendy person or care about trends. Just when I'm normally speaking I incorporate movie quotes for fun or use movie related things to describe

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you want an MBTI typing or a socionics typing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Do you want an MBTI typing or a socionics typing?
    either would be good

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Your description of self is very concise. Welcome.

Edit: I would say your temperament in socioncs would be EP.

The EP temperament, or flexible-maneuvering temperament, was identified by Viktor Gulenko and includes the four irrational extroverts (one in each quadra): ILE, SLE, SEE, and IEE. Each of these types is also static.
    Typical characteristics

• flexible
    • mobile
    • impulsive, shifting from apparent inactivity to bursts of energy, often several times a day, showing impatience during them
    • walk is energetic but "cat-like"
    • often seems optimistic and open-minded
    • entertains people easily and naturally
    • inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods

EPs are both static and irrational, so they perceive reality as mostly not changing, and when it does, it's in abrupt "leaps" from one state to another. An EP is bothered by the lack of change, especially as seen through his leading function, since his personal preference is for change. That makes him impulsive, with sudden bursts of action, energy, or even just thought, as he tries to get his perceptions "moving".
    As extroverts, EPs tend to be feel that it is up to them to initiate contacts with other people, and EPs in particular tend to feel quite natural in that role.
    Perception of other temperaments

Exxj: Eps perceive Ejs as active but too restless and nervous, slightly annoying due to a lack of sense of spontaneity.
    Ixxp: Eps perceive Ips as pleasantly flexible and responsive to their initiatives, sometimes too unpredictable but for that very reason never boring.
    Ixxj: Eps perceive Ijs as too predictable and boring, too unwilling to do things on the spur of the moment.
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=EP

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    either would be good
    ok. Try out the questionnaire in my signature.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    ok. Try out the questionnaire in my signature.
    This really should just be stickied for this forum section.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    This really should just be stickied for this forum section.
    It is here

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/forms.php

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...do=form&fid=16

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yea I meant under the "What's my type" subsection, I imagine a lot of people just pass over the initial bar at the top of the page or don't necessarily correlate it to this section initially.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    Yea I meant under the "What's my type" subsection, I imagine a lot of people just pass over the initial bar at the top of the page or don't necessarily correlate it to this section initially.
    Done

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How are any of these type of rather related to functions. No function dictates that you like to work or not.

Example of how functions work

Fi-directed towards the right/wrong of values regarding human beings
    Fe- directed to evaluation of society’s and values in societies
    Ti- directed to thinking about things inside my mind
    Te- directed to watching things happen and lol about them
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen while you're at it you might as well de-sticky the "Typing Methods: Type of Information Metabolism" thread, it's old and unnecessary IMO. And Maritsa's type thread? lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

either would be good
    the both use the same Jung's types
    heresies adepts have lost in speculative reasoning, baseless theoretizing and low quality translations to be misleaded in many, including core terms and very basics

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone.

I've been reading mbti for a few years and I'm still confused on my type. I've tested as xSTP, xNTJ XNTP.

some info about me.

I'm impatient and stubborn

I HATE being micro managed

When at work I tend to just want to do my own thing and not be bothered to much unless by someone I like talking to.

I speak up when needed

I asked My family and friends to describe me in one word and these are what they said • rebellious • funny • stubborn

I also asked them to pick a fictional character that fits my personality and this is what they said • Iron Man • Star Lord • Mulder

I work out 5 days a week and hike,surf, fish.

I've been described as a geek/jock

I'm a fantasy/sci fi/horror Nerd.

I read a lot of fantasy books and write.

as a husband and father I'm loving,caring, and would do anything for my family. I'm goofy around those im close to, so my loved ones see that side of me more.

I've been told I look intimidating and not nerdy until they got to know me.

I try to be rational and logical as much as I can but being impatient can cause me to be irritated easily.

I tend to jump straight into things

I think fast on my feet

I'm always watching and reading theories on game of thrones and star wars and marvel

science minded

I used to be really into playing sports, I watch a lot more of it than I participate

I'm a avid gamer, FPS and RPGS. in shooters I play sniper or explosives classes, in RPGS i play rogues or a necromancer.

loud

When there's a problem I tend to try and fix it right away.

I'm blunt

I can get frustrated easy

Tends to rush monotonous tasks

• Talk before thinking or sentences come out jumbled .

• Change subject when talking randomly

• Passionate

• Love laughing and making people laugh.

• Can talk about abstract things but prefer more factual things

• Head in the clouds

• Try and get important things done asap if there important like bills. I usually don't want to worry about things and by getting them done I have more time to relax.

• I like to do things on my own time. I don't like schedules.

• Opionated

• Been told I'm a great dad by my 2 daughters and family and friends. I'm very caring and loving toward them.

• When I'm with my wife I like to conversate and enjoy spending time with her. She says I'm energetic and can be overwhelming with my energy. She good at keeping me grounded and I'm good at getting her out of her shell.

• I'm goofy and talkative

• tend to forget things

• Get bored easily

• Open minded

• try and see things from others perspectives

• Love to debate and talk politics. Went to school for political science but never finished.

• Love to do Puzzles and play strategy games

• Read a lot. Mostly fiction and biographies about bands.

• Analytical and tend to over analyze things

• Will call people out who are bothering me or being unfair in general to me or others.

• I enjoy playing Rpgs. I like the freedom of games like the elder scrolls games.

• Dont like being managed and is why I got into a job so i can be my own boss mostly.

• Love talking about movies. Everything about a movie usually but especially the way it's filmed,cinematography and special fx.

• I zone out when people are talking to me about things I don't care about

• Tend to know a lot about pop culture even though I'm not a trendy person or care about trends. Just when I'm normally speaking I incorporate movie quotes for fun or use movie related things to describe
    i would like to see some photos but you sound *maybe* ESTp.