Thread: Any Career Advice for LIIs ?

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    We don't take direction well, tend to be smarter than the average supervisor and do not play materialistic nor interpersonal politics. Not all find ways to reach their academic potential to secure profitable credentials. Networking is a weakness especially just not knowing enough people. And having the ingenuity of our efficient work underestimated and undervalued is a pitfall. Can't use Se successfully to manipulate others into giving high raises etc.

What can we do to professionally advance our careers and keep steady work???
    Start your own, location independent business, that way you can work alone without needing to depend on anyone. LIIs are hard workers and can do this type of thing.

Consider consulting for a particular skill you have or writing books where you teach something technical; LIIs are builders of
    Systems so take that into consideration

TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    Start your own, location independent business, that way you can work alone without needing to depend on anyone. LIIs are hard workers and can do this type of thing.

Consider consulting for a particular skill you have or writing books where you teach something technical; LIIs are builders of
    Systems so take that into consideration
    While I like the sound of this, the idea of not having a steady paycheck sounds daunting. I have enjoyed the security of working for large corporations in positions that allow a lot of intellectual freedom.
    ~* astralsilky

4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    While I like the sound of this, the idea of not having a steady paycheck sounds daunting. I have enjoyed the security of working for large corporations in positions that allow a lot of intellectual freedom.
    Yeah that's why most people wont, it's a big trade off lol

But they say if you can find something where you can make 1/3 of your current paycheck for 3 months straight while you're in your current job, you should be ok to quit.

But yeah If you like what you're currently doing no need to stress

TIM
    LII INTj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no point in even attempting to be kind and supportive for me.

But yeah, I don't know how much money you'll want to make, but I like having practically no expenses and practically no income. Makes life simpler. Wage slavery! It's ironic because of the flag, but whatever. And it's not really wage slavery, but close enough. It's complicated.

Big thing. Assuming you don't suck, it is a big mistake to ask for less salary at your new job. If you're changing job types entirely, then yes, you sure do suck.

Anyways, it's really good to calculate your minimum expenses based upon your lifestyle now, and with any negotiable changes to your lifestyle (for example, if you stop eating out as much, or if you buy a cheaper home). If you do that, then you're in a really good position, as you know how much you need and can negotiate around that.

Still, I know you probably don't need a lot if you are like me, however there are always the things you don't know you need, and then the things you don't know you want. Like eating out... Or that new video game... Or that book you won't read... Or that wildly impractical thing that is cool but as I said impracticle... Gotta have a knife for EVERY application.
    If I stop responding or posting, I've probably taken a break from posting stuff. This really taxes me for whatever reason. Said break could last anywhere from a month to a year. I will likely be back, as socionics is one of my interests. If I'm not on here, you can contact me on steam.

I got a new computer, so I'll not type on mobile as much any more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12