Thread: America and food

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default America and food

This is how pizza and dough is made so soft and pliable. Is this real food?
    It is used by Pizza Hut, Dominos Pizza

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=55upd2uUQVk
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I understand PZ-44 is used as a shortcut in gluten development. Its primary ingredients are sweet whey (the protein/sugar liquid left over after making butter or cheese) and L-cysteine (a kind of amino acid). The sugar in the whey helps speed up yeast growth and the amino acid component effects the structure of the gluten proteins, developing the dough’s stretchiness and pliability more quickly than traditional dough rising.

This seems a bit weird to me because I make really great homemade pizza dough without needing the extra BS, but I think it still counts as food.....
    Last edited by MrsTortilla; 02-21-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Americans get cheap, inexpensive food. Our's gets knocked up about 7-15%. You can buy so much food for little money in the States.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it’s real. These are nearly totally natural ingredients. No more fake than a protein shake with isolated aminos acids.

This is normal developed world food technology. There are other chemicals one should be worrying about but this type isn’t one of them.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Americans get cheap, inexpensive food. Our's gets knocked up about 7-15%. You can buy so much food for little money in the States.
    Agropur according to the video is part Canadian.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's legit
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    From what I understand PZ-44 is used as a shortcut in gluten development. Its primary ingredients are sweet whey (the protein/sugar liquid left over after making butter or cheese and L-cysteine (a kind of amino acid). The sugar in the whey helps speed up yeast growth and the amino acid component effects the structure of the gluten proteins, developing the dough’s stretchiness and pliability more quickly than traditional dough rising.

This seems a bit weird to me because I make really great homemade pizza dough without needing the extra BS, but I think it still counts as food.....
    What is your recipe. Are you willing to share? I want to make good pizza
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if having a small amount of body fat would make it easier to physically exert myself for longer without feeling tingly and nauseous. Being underweight sucks.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    What is your recipe. Are you willing to share? I want to make good pizza
    I’d love to write out detailed instructions (and I actually started to) but my 3-year-old is very demanding this morning. ;-)

But a very solid recipe is Bobby Flay’s and it’s very similar to what I do. Biggest piece of advice there though is that if you have time, make the dough the night before you want it and do a slow cold rise in the fridge and use the next day. This develops the gluten much more ideally, but you can still get a tasty dough with a quicker rise. Also, pick up some vital wheat gluten (Bob’s Red Mill is a good brand) and add about 1 tablespoon per cup flour and it will also improve your dough’s texture and crispness. Have fun!

https://www.mastercook.com/app/Recip...cipeId=2634490

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’d love to write out detailed instructions (and I actually started to) but my 3-year-old is very demanding this morning. ;-)

But a very solid recipe is Bobby Flay’s and it’s very similar to what I do. Biggest piece of advice there though is that if you have time, make the dough the night before you want it and do a slow cold rise in the fridge and use the next day. This develops the gluten much more ideally, but you can still get a tasty dough with a quicker rise. Also, pick up some vital wheat gluten (Bob’s Red Mill is a good brand) and add about 1 tablespoon per cup flour and it will also improve your dough’s texture and crispness. Have fun!

https://www.mastercook.com/app/Recip...cipeId=2634490
    Wonderful thank you for sharing. Also yes I know how demanding little ones can be. Mine is asleep right now so I have a bit of time to myself
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful thank you for sharing. Also yes I know how demanding little ones can be. Mine is asleep right now so I have a bit of time to myself
    Aww how old is your baby?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Aww how old is your baby?
    6 months tomorrow
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations! How tired are you? ;-)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Congratulations! How tired are you? ;-)
    Oh my I cannot tell you how I wonder people like my ESI cousin can have 6 kids at a time.
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my I cannot tell you how I wonder people like my ESI cousin can have 6 kids at a time.
    It’s impossible to overestimate the tiredness. Before you have kids, you think you know what exhaustion is but you don’t. Six?! Wow! That many kids probably only works because the older ones start helping out a little (or a lot)??? My SLI mom had five children, four of them boys, and she was often extremely stressed out.

I think it starts getting a lot more fun and a bit easier around age 1-2.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It’s impossible to overestimate the tiredness. Before you have kids, you think you know what exhaustion is but you don’t. Six?! Wow! That many kids probably only works because the older ones start helping out a little (or a lot)??? My SLI mom had five children, four of them boys, and she was often extremely stressed out.

I think it starts getting a lot more fun and a bit easier around age 1-2.
    I have to say she’s on way of my favorite cousins. She teaches kids manners and she discipline self them affectively where I let kids run all over me lol. She also somewhat raised me. She used to not like the way we chewed with noise and she would tell us to chew with our mouth closed but all of our shirts were always neat and ironed. Such a worker bee
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say she’s on way of my favorite cousins. She teaches kids manners and she discipline self them affectively where I let kids run all over me lol. She also somewhat raised me. She used to not like the way we chewed with noise and she would tell us to chew with our mouth closed but all of our shirts were always neat and ironed. Such a worker bee
    Aww that’s nice. :-) I used to think one of my brothers was LII until I realized he’s obviously EII. Plus my favorite cousin is married to an EII. Frankly, I love EII’s.