Thread: Which types would theoretically have the highest income?

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which types would theoretically have the highest income?

Straightforward. The stereotypical answer would be to say gammas, but that doesn't seem true. I'd assume beta STs are high up there considering their focus on rising up hierarchies. LxE as well. Can't leave out the ethical types, either. I've heard Fe base types can be shrewd as hell. But idk. Thoughts?

I have no data so I'm just speculating.
    Last edited by FarDraft; 02-15-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII can have very high income.

Richest person I know personally is LIE
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LxE would be the standard answer and imo that would be most accurate, and of those two types, LIE would be the more likely to jump into incredibly risky financial adventures so I'd say LIE. Richest person I know (assumption due to their owning a large luxury pent house in Manhattan) is an ILE who does some sort of business, and other potentially wealthy people I know include an investment banker who is LIE and a corporate lawyer who is ESE.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy, this is litterally asking people to try to spock the odds. You'd be better off doing a survey, which people know, thus they'll answer back with personal annecdotes to fill data, like the guys above did.

For example, back when people did try to Spock the odds, the answer was ILI. Now, everyone knows what wasteful pieces of trash we are from a survey, which said ESTj or something. Afaik, we only made ~50k average, and were almost the highest of the intuitives in that survey. That is assuming I'm INTp. And let me tell you, I bring the average way down. IE, I'm below $50k.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Oh boy, this is litterally asking people to try to spock the odds. You'd be better off doing a survey, which people know, thus they'll answer back with personal annecdotes to fill data, like the guys above did.

For example, back when people did try to Spock the odds, the answer was ILI. Now, everyone knows what wasteful pieces of trash we are from a survey, which said ESTj or something. Afaik, we only made ~50k average, and were almost the highest of the intuitives in that survey. That is assuming I'm INTp. And let me tell you, I bring the average way down. IE, I'm below $50k.
    Sounds like you have the same tax attorney as I do.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Money is the biggest de-motivator there is.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Money is the biggest de-motivator there is.
    True. But still d33p.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Se ego types have highest motivation for property/money.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont see LSE as a high income type. There are lots of LSEs in low paying jobs like facility service, truck drivers etc. I know right now two LSEs who are unemployed with small ambition. I think LSE is generally a medium income type though. But they are very spread out in society. But how many LIEs can you find in low paying jobs?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Status conscious people who think that they have failed probably hide the themselves well.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Status conscious people who think that they have failed probably hide the themselves well.
    On one hand this is true, but on the other hand I find that many types such as Se valuers and Te lead/ego (and sometimes, Si egos too) realize that in order to realistically provide for themselves and others, the first thing you need is MONEY.

I don’t see any room or time for considering the ego there.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I dont see LSE as a high income type. There are lots of LSEs in low paying jobs like facility service, truck drivers etc. I know right now two LSEs who are unemployed with small ambition. I think LSE is generally a medium income type though. But they are very spread out in society. But how many LIEs can you find in low paying jobs?
    You can probably find a good amount of Lies working as high school teachers or in a factory lab or such
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, could be. Ambition is also a weord think. One could have ambition that is perpendicular to societal values. I think I'm a lot like this.

Also Gulenko process types value savings more than earnings (LSE is the clearest example of this).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Gulenko process types value savings more than earnings (LSE is the clearest example of this).
    Where is this said or alluded to?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You can probably find a good amount of Lies working as high school teachers or in a factory lab or such
    One can only see things readily visible from their own position within their sphere of vision/domain.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they exist. My math teacher in high school was probably LIE although I wouldnt call it a low paying job by my standards. But I still dont think they are comparable to the myriads of LSE who exist in simple jobs.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh yes. The pay is not probably the lowest level. And high school teacher that is 20 h/week for >3 k€/month is not that bad.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes. The pay is not probably the lowest level. And high school teacher that is 20 h/week for >3 k€/month is not that bad.
    Of course, I guess the allure of the job is also that you can use the free time for your projects.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a lot of low-paying jobs initially. But I was never into the job for the money. Instead, I would decide that I wanted to learn how to machine metal parts, or weld them together, or learn more about libraries, or see what a working cyclotron was like, and I preferred getting paid to learn this stuff on-the-job to paying for training.
    But the same things kept happening. I’d learn the task I was curious about and then would quit and look for another interesting thing to learn. Also, I kept getting raises and promotions if I stayed in the job for more than a few months.

I took more and more responsible and challenging jobs to avoid boredom, and while each job was different, I was always focused on the question of how the company would make money next year, even when that was no part of the job description. And somehow, my income just kept rising....

There came a point where I decided to try to make more money, which I hadn’t been doing previously. I intentionally, significantly (30%), raised the amount of money I asked for, and what happened was that some customers could not afford me, but others had no problem paying that and more. New customers, of a much higher quality, seemed to expect to pay a lot, and I got treated better, made more money, and could decide when I wanted to work.

For a long time, whenever I found myself working too hard, I’d raise my rates. Some customers would drop out and I’d get some breathing room, and then new customers would come in at the higher rates and away we’d go again.

I’d say that making more money was an accident, except that it seemed to follow from my desire to make things more productive and efficient, and that included what I earned in exchange for my work.

Making money is merely a question of providing someone with something they value. You get to choose what value you provide and who your customers are (which indirectly determines how much they can pay).
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-17-2019 at 02:02 PM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. That is a wonderful way of saying it. Although, generally, my ambition is a lot less, that's what I'm doing. I'm not in it for money, so I'll probably not make any more than what I need until I finish one of my various projects. Currently, I have two. One is estimated to end "eventually", and the other is a general practice routine. Very recently (started an hour ago), I'm also learning to skateboard, which is... Huh.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theoretically? Logical types, Se valuing types.

In practice, Gammas (ILI the least, SEE the most) make the most money, are the most demanding of it, and value it the most, followed by ILE-Ti, EIE-Fe, SLE-Ti, LSI-Se, and IEI-Ni. Deltas and Alphas other than ILE probably don't make much money.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne types. bc they can see potential developments in the near future.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richest people I know, SLI and LIE.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Straightforward. The stereotypical answer would be to say gammas, but that doesn't seem true. I'd assume beta STs are high up there considering their focus on rising up hierarchies. LxE as well. Can't leave out the ethical types, either. I've heard Fe base types can be shrewd as hell. But idk. Thoughts?

I have no data so I'm just speculating.
    Yeah bull gates is an LIE and he's one of the richest men. Elon Musk is ILE so there you go.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    Yeah bull gates is an LIE and he's one of the richest men.
    Isn't he LII? It's hard to imagine LIE who would leave the business and go to build charity toilets in Africa.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the highest income among all my high school peers; among university peers, one SLE and one EIE have a higher income (I wouldn't take the EIE job ever so I think he deserves the money). However, I could lose my job anytime if my performance was poor for whatever reason, whereas many of my peers have a stable state job which is basically impossible to lose unless you purposefully fuck up. That makes a big difference since maybe, in 15 years, I'll be homeless and they'll have the previous job and saved more money...who knows. Bottom line, it's not just about skills and attitudes, it's also about how much risk averse you are.

Doesn't mean I'm rich anyway - I wasn't born rich so I just have some normal savings.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Gabin View Post
    Isn't he LII? It's hard to imagine LIE who would leave the business and go to build charity toilets in Africa.
    No very stereotypical LIE
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably this deals a lot about your end goals in life. This is probably not type specific.

If you do not want a family, get married and so on it gives you lots of freedom and also lessens your need to make money. I suppose Gulenko DCNH sort of carves this outline where D&N wants to make it in those terms (to sell other and themselves). C&H leave it hanging to see if something opens up. I experienced family life when I was a kid why would I want to repeat it again? Well, the whole existence in our biological dynamics I have become to deem as unethical (~life is wrong).
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 05-20-2023 at 08:53 PM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni (trend/pattern recognition) + Te (competence, gathering information, knowing exactly what steps to take to reach a goal) + Positivism (optimism, seeing opportunity everywhere instead of thinking about how things could go wrong or big of a hassle it would be to start something) = LIE

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could also see process types having an advantage when it comes to doing tedious things to improve their lives and not being dissuaded by short term failures