Thread: Blue Thread

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blue Thread

Warning: The contents in this thread can probably drive you to insanity or something like that, not that it makes a difference.

"To be able to draw Nature, first we must learn to see it"

I'm not a Pretendr. I have no particular desire to inhabit the planet of the apes, so I say what I mean and mean what I say, whether or not it appears to be true. Especially if it doesn't appear to be true.

I'll start a book club. We can read Wilhelm Meister and become paranoid and wake up in a Kafkaesque universe. Reading enough should do that before you get to Wilhelm Meister to be honest. We need to break our bicameral minds and become the perfect Uebermensch like David Bowie in his dress. Not kidding at all. Read this and it won't change your life at all but it'll change the lives of people who don't care about it completely and in ways they would vastly not prefer!

I think our forum posts should go on the shelf of the library next to Whoopi Goldberg's book and Obama's and Stormy Daniel's. If you don't write your story someone else will do it for you, probably someone really incompetent too and not even someone from the Tower Society. If you are an ape you deserve to look like one though, just saying. The forum should look like a book. In books people just lie because they don't have to care about the truth. People who care about the truth never find it so might as well.

Did you know we were born upside down? If things were easy, everyone would do them. This is rather obvious, so people call what is easy "hard" and what is hard "impossible," so no one can do what they have to, and no one gets a break. And everyone thinks there's one image of perfection, but really diversity is perfection, because it's bleak darkness and nothingness that's the infinite base of existence, and difference from that that's perfection. Originality is key.

The world is definitely tailored to us because it's a tragic self-fulfilling prophecy. All the things you could possibly fear are exactly what happens, nothing more and nothing less. Every specific detail of the world can be observed in the mind's eye by someone who can look upon the darkness.

"Man is the only animal that likes Tabasco sauce.” — Paul Bloom

The 17 Hottest Heavy Metal Hot Sauces and a bonus article on the Establishment of man's spirit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most powerful Patronus in Harry Potter lore was a fucking mouse

Makes my brown hare I got the time I actually decided to consistently visualize something seem awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottermore
    The swift hare is very commonly associated with haste, fertility/rebirth, change, and life. People who partner with the hare are diligent, efficient individuals. They tend to be quite ambitious and, while sometimes impatient, manage to also often have an excellent sense of timing. People of the hare tend to have lives full of change, whether they cause it or not, and so have had to learn to quickly adapt at paces that may leave the heads of others spinning. They are very sensitive to their surroundings and things happening in their lives and can be much quicker than others to act as a result.
    ...So, I visualize myself resting (watching concerts, comedy, etc.) and get a symbol of restlessness and constant renewal that's frankly what I'm into anyways. I don't really like rabbits as an animal that much but I use how they run as a metaphor for rhyme and reason in the course of life which I enjoy. If there's any animal who could be said to course it's definitely a rabbit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This site is not secure. Please fix that. It's distracting to look at. /!\ Not secure | www.the16types.info

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's be fancy and old-fashioned without being pretentiously rich together.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have nothing to do and I'm doing it.

I have a lot to do but no need to do it right now.

Anyone want to start a vintage fashion trend? I think everyone should wear breeches and/or poofy dresses and excellent hats. It would be amazing. Jeans and T-shirts are herd mentality for people to know how inferior they are. It's underwear but without the sexiness.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Pretend You're in Downtown Santa Fe, Anytime, Anywhere: Hipster Edition.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would plausibly be able to be typed as Delta, but actually I have a Led Zeppelin button on my jean jacket next to my Sturm und Drang buttons so this is not the case and I'm eternally 16 going on 17, not 60 going on 70 dammit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On YouTube music Hölderins Traum leads to Comus First Utterance without any external prompting.

I didn't just say that. YouTube Music doesn't even exist. The men in black are coming to take you away now as newspaper taxis appear on the shore.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bicameral mind nowadays is known as "internal self-dialogue." If you write a book this largely goes away. Therefore Wilhelm Meister. Let's all join the Tower Society. I'll make 16t the Tower Society and we can all design the world in plain sight yet insurmountably together.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coyote and the Giant

Coyote was walking one day when he met Old Woman. She greeted him and asked where he was headed."Just roaming around," said Coyote.
    "You better stop going that way, or you'll meet a giant who kills everybody."
    "Oh, giants don't frighten me," said Coyote (who had never met one). "I always kill them. I'll fight this one too, and make an end of him."
    "He's bigger and closer than you think," said Old Woman.
    "I don't care," said Coyote, deciding that a giant would be about as big as a bull moose and calculating that he could kill one easily.
    So Coyote said good-bye to Old Woman and went ahead, whistling a tune. On his way he saw a large fallen branch that looked like a club. Picking it up, he said to himself, "I'll hit the giant over the head with this. It's big enough and heavy enough to kill him." He walked on and came to a huge cave right in the middle of the path. Whistling merrily, he went in.
    Suddenly Coyote met a woman who was crawling along on the ground.
    "What's the matter?" he asked.
    "I'm starving," she said, "and too weak to walk. What are you doing with that stick?"
    "I'm going to kill the giant with it," said Coyote, and he asked if she knew where he was hiding.
    Feeble as she was, the woman laughed. "You're already in the giant's belly."
    "How can I be in his belly?" asked Coyote. "I haven't even met him."
    "You probably thought it was a cave when you walked into his mouth," the woman said, and sighed. "It's easy to walk in, but nobody ever walks out. This giant is so big you can't take him in with your eyes. His belly fills a whole valley."
    Coyote threw his stick away and kept on walking. What else could he do?
    Soon he came across some more people lying around half dead. "Are you sick?" he asked.
    "No," they said, "just starving to death. We're trapped inside the giant."
    "You're foolish," said Coyote. "If we're really inside this giant, then the cave walls must be the inside of his stomach. We can just cut some meat and fat from him."
    "We never thought of that," they said.
    "You're not as smart as I am," said Coyote.
    Coyote took his hunting knife and started cutting chunks out of the cave walls. As he had guessed, they were indeed the giant's fat and meat, and he used it to feed the starving people. He even went back and gave some meat to the woman he had met first. Then all the people imprisoned in the giant's belly started to feel stronger and happier, but not completely happy. "You've fed us," they said, "and thanks. But how are we going to get out of here?"
    "Don't worry," said Coyote. "I'll kill the giant by stabbing him in the heart. Where is his heart? It must be around here someplace."
    "Look at the volcano puffing and beating over there," someone said.
    "Maybe it's the heart."
    "So it is, friend," said Coyote, and began to cut at this mountain.
    Then the giant spoke up. "Is that you, Coyote? I've heard of you. Stop this stabbing and cutting and let me alone. You can leave through my mouth; I'll open it for you."
    "I'll leave, but not quite yet," said Coyote, hacking at the heart. He told the others to get ready. "As soon as I have him in his death throes, there will be an earthquake. He'll open his jaw to take a last breath, and then his mouth will close forever. So be ready to run out fast!"
    Coyote cut a deep hole in the giant's heart, and lava started to flow out. It was the giant's blood. The giant groaned, and the ground under the people's feet trembled.
    "Quick, now!" shouted Coyote. The giant's mouth opened and they all ran out. The last one was the wood tick. The giant's teeth were closing on him, but Coyote managed to pull him through at the last moment.
    "Look at me," cried the wood tick, "I'm all flat!"
    "It happened when I pulled you through," said Coyote. "You'll always be flat from now on. Be glad you're alive."
    "I guess I'll get used to it," said the wood tick, and he did.

I first read that in a contest to rewrite a folktale. There were several European ones but I read this and my mind was blown so I rewrote it instead. I hope everyone read it and maybe there's one fewer person here who would like their press covfefe black.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soxology

Praiſe Sox from whom all Betas flow
    Praiſe Him all Gammas here below
    Praiſe Him Above ye Alphaly Hoſt
    Praiſe Father, Son, and Delta Ghoſt

RELFSPIT

( = R E L F S P I T)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting. Is anyone else?

(Chernobog movie, yesssss)
    Last edited by coeruleum; 02-07-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Artists of all kinds, including magicians, are connoisseurs of human behaviour and perception, and strive to evoke particular experiences in their audience. Magicians can alter a spectator’s perception in a variety of ways, but their speciality is attention management – known as misdirection. The concept of misdirection is often misunderstood. Audiences may believe that the magician distracts their attention during a critical move or manipulation, but this is not correct. They do not strive to turn spectators’ attention away from the ‘method’ – the secret behind the magic trick – but instead aim to direct their attention towards the magical effect. This is a critical point, and the reason it works is grounded in neuroscientific findings about the way our attention is controlled – a bit like a spotlight – by the brain."

The Science of Magic Tricks

In life everyone is always looking for secrets so they can do what they want. Just look at what you want and the secret you need will come. It seems like people would be better at thinking about what they want then what they don't want but it should also take no time to realize that's not the case. This is the real "Secret."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People hate what they love. People love black music but hate black people. People love food but hate digestion. People love health but hate taking care of it. People love the products of imagination but hate the creepy and disturbing process. People love money but hate earning it. If anyone hates you they probably absolutely love you. People reject what is good and call it bad or no one would do bad, and would probably think God was the Devil and the Devil himself God if they actually appeared. We were born upside down, born the wrong way round. So, if you're going through Hell, keep going.

In the old age black was not counted fair,
    Or if it were, it bore not beauty's name;
    But now is black beauty's successive heir,
    And beauty slandered with a bastard shame:
    For since each hand hath put on Nature's power,
    Fairing the foul with Art's false borrowed face,
    Sweet beauty hath no name, no holy bower,
    But is profaned, if not lives in disgrace.
    Therefore my mistress' eyes are raven black,
    Her eyes so suited, and they mourners seem
    At such who, not born fair, no beauty lack,
    Sland'ring creation with a false esteem:
    Yet so they mourn becoming of their woe,
    That every tongue says beauty should look so.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate postmodernism. Without metanarratives there's no meaningful interaction between people, just "teeheehee Brad's abs are like soooo hot an' let's go toda mall an' gedsum tacooooos!" That's about as useful as ice water for people in Hell: not at all. So instead of just being toddlers and pouting and making fart noises at each others' metanarratives, we need to learn to share and negotiate.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because you have low self-esteem doesn't mean you have to be critical of others. I think instead we should all have a meet-up were we get SWAT costumes and real AK-47s and pick places to shoot up and air our grievances.

TIM
    NiTe¹ 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this thread?
    ----- FarDraft, 2019 | Te-ILI | 5w6 3w4 8w7 Sp/Sx | INTJ

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    What is this thread?
    The trend of having your own personal thoughts thread is long forgotten now? Dang.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest problem facing the developed world today is the fact that it's cool to pretend to be smart. It's not even about how annoying "geek culture" is but the fact if someone's pretending to be smart, there's no way to distinguish this from actually being smart except for the results, and if you're getting good results from pretending to be smart, being smart suddenly becomes irrelevant. At least at some point people will have to stop it because yes, there is actual value to intellect that pretending doesn't have, and then all the geniuses that burst forth from the woodworks will be edgier and more provocative than ever before, not to mention seem outright impossible and godlike even compared to older standards. I don't think that's worth it though. I think it's just better for people to put the nerd glasses down.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things I don't really like: Harry Potter. The world of Harry Potter is lovely, but the protagonist ruins it. He just sits there and stuff happens to him. No wonder parents just ate that up. "Look, if you just sit there and let stuff happen to you, you'll become a wizard!" I think we should give little kids Faust and scar them for life instead. It's not like everyone didn't already get scarred seeing Chernobog in Night on Bald Mountain.

TIM
    NiTe¹ 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    The trend of having your own personal thoughts thread is long forgotten now? Dang.
    Never knew that was a trend.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Never knew that was a trend.
    It seems to have ended before you joined. Maybe I shouldn't resurrect it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry Potter will be my reminder that it can be good to be egregiously, amazingly dumb and also better to be intelligent if you have to choose. Dumb has a place and smart has a place. Not sure if the author gets that but the movies do.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note to the world: just because all your hatred, grievances, etc. are valid doesn't mean you should let them consume you. That's like saying you can live on nothing but kale because it's a valid food. Just don't try.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to write a good blog: don't make it an occupation.

TIM
    NiTe¹ 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    It seems to have ended before you joined. Maybe I shouldn't resurrect it.
    I mean, I joined before you did. Unless, of course, you created a new account.