Thread: King Solomon

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face King Solomon

If you have read of his life and writings, what would you type him?
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initially, i would say he was LII - he seemed to prefer order, structure.

But, going by both his wish for wisdom to God, and the whole teleology of Ecclesiastes, i would say he's ILI incarnate.

Contrast with rationality of Job, EII - intense pain both of crumbling structure

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only know of the story where he threatened to cut the baby in half to find out who the real mother is. I was deeply impressed as a child by that kind of "wisdom". It also gave me the worst nightmares. LII

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kiwi
    A good case for LII. Seems to be very TiNe reasoning. Though if you read Ecclesiastes, ILI seems the only real option IMO. Very frequent use of antithesis and union of opposites in ontological construction of the world. Has a clear preference for existential foresight and ''knowing the true outcome of efforts'', so to speak. Values wisdom before everything else, even when realizing its ''folly''. Think ILI ala Heracleitus.

Would be very interested in more insight into this. I'll post some more about this later - i have considered his type too.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    A
    time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the most reliable writing of his that was certainly his was the apocryphal Book of Wisdom. I love that book. I can really feel close to him in that text like I know him. I thought he was LII but I am toying with the idea of a possible Delta NF type instead.

I have wondered if the Key of Solomon the King is a false attribution. It might be.

I don't care what some accusations some religious people like to bring against him. I truly believe he was consistently unusually close to God and a very exquisite person. He is the one person from history I wish I could meet the most.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd consider EIE 9w1 for Solomon.

The "there's no new thing under the sun" sentiment is common for types with strong Ni. While this doesn't rule out Ni-demonstrative types, this kind of attitude is not congruent with Ne as an info element that is associated with novelty and innovation. I find that these kinds of sentiments of "it's repeating again" is something that Ne-egos will consider but they get annoyed by anyone pointing this out or putting emphasis on such cycles. The appropriateness of timing is also something Ni egos concern themselves with, and since the "appointed time for everything" passage sounds like situational assignment of time periods this would be indicative creative Ni rather than leading Ni.

What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?
    One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
    The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
    The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
    All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
    All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
    The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
    Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

There is an appointed time for everything,
    and a time for every affair under the heavens.
    A time to give birth, and a time to die;
    a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.
    A time to kill, and a time to heal;
    a time to tear down, and a time to build.
    A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
    a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
    A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them;
    a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.
    A time to seek, and a time to lose;
    a time to keep, and a time to cast away.
    A time to rend, and a time to sew;
    a time to be silent, and a time to speak.
    A time to love, and a time to hate;
    a time of war, and a time of peace.
    There is also a distinct back-and-forth rocking narration style present in his writing that Dialectic-Algorithmic types will sometimes engage in. Perhaps it has something to do with a balancing act between different sides attributed to to "Aristocratic" EJ types in this post. A similar surge/unsurge rocking style was present in Tao Te Ching, another text likely written by a DA type.

The tao that can be told
    is not the eternal Tao
    The name that can be named
    is not the eternal Name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
    Naming is the origin
    of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
    Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source.
    This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
    The gateway to all understanding.

Good portion of Ecclesiastes reads like "Passionate" communication style. It's full of emotion and "life wisdoms" but there is little in terms of logical analysis or explanations. It's also the case that LIIs are usually described as being "austere" in their living style, having -Si as their hidden agenda, while the one who wrote this text fully embraces and engages in his senses, which he isn't shy to admit - some evidence for +Se > -Si.

I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
    I refused my heart no pleasure.
    My heart took delight in all my labor,
    and this was the reward for all my toil.
    Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
    and what I had toiled to achieve,
    everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
    nothing was gained under the sun. —Ecclesiastes 2:1–11
    Another thing that seems to point at EIE as being his type is that the progression of Solomon's life, as he describes it himself, traces these descriptions of the type, starting a life of passionate activity but eventually burning out, turning away from it all and withdrawing to philosophize about his experiences (as the cycle of the type completes itself with the final integration of Ti). Ecclesiastes reads like the story of such an EIE coming to an end, who despite all of his experiences, wealth and power, still could not reconcile some important contradictions that were bothering him.

“Meaningless! Meaningless!”
    says the Teacher.
    “Utterly meaningless!
    Everything is meaningless.”

What do people gain from all their labors
    at which they toil under the sun?
    Generations come and generations go,
    but the earth remains forever.

The sun rises and the sun sets,
    and hurries back to where it rises.
    The wind blows to the south
    and turns to the north;
    round and round it goes,
    ever returning on its course.

All streams flow into the sea,
    yet the sea is never full.
    To the place the streams come from,
    there they return again.

All things are wearisome,
    more than one can say.
    The eye never has enough of seeing,
    nor the ear its fill of hearing.

What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.
    Is there anything of which one can say,
    “Look! This is something new”?
    It was here already, long ago;
    it was here before our time.
    No one remembers the former generations,
    and even those yet to come
    will not be remembered
    by those who follow them.—Ecclesiastes 1:1–11
    I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards: I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits: 2:6 I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees: 2:7 I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me: 2:8 I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.
    I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
    EIE - bursts with violent emotions followed by a retreat and philosophizing, turns away from life.
    Beta quadra starts with EIE, the Mentor. This is the most revolutionary type in the socion. He is usually rebelling against some current system. At some point his rebellion becomes more forceful - he becomes almost as if obsessed - he teaches, proselytizes, demands to stop the old and start the new. Then he builds a new organization. It is interesting to note that building an organization is not accomplished by LSI as some think, but by EIE. Later Mentor burns out - breaks down, or become ill, or loses his sanity, or simply withdraws from public sphere. The sooner this occurs - the higher was the energy load of the type. Or in other words, the faster the clock is ticking inside him - the sooner he accomplishes the above. At the end he burns out, often physically.