Thread: How do I improve my :Ti:?

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do I improve my :Ti:?

Despite being LII, my is not as strong as those of other LII's. How do I fix this?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick a subject you like. Study it actively. Ask yourself questions while you study and find answers. Use it as foundation for more knowledge. Observe how you think and what mistakes you tend to make. Find ways around it. Learn about cognitive biases and rationality. Try to make your own framework for acquiring new knowledge or a set of routine questions to ask when analyzing texts, phenomena etc. Learn from people you admire. Basically read a lot and become invested in what interests you. Ti is not about being good and knowledgeable at everything it's about being precise.

and: write, write, write. Those who write well, think well.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You could hang out with a strong Ti user and see what they do.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take Math.

one AND one IS two.

--->AND...IS<---

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You could hang out with a strong Ti user and see what they do.
    this is so Te...

Extroverted logic deals with the external activity of objects, i.e the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behavior, algorithms, movement, and actions.
    The how, what and where of events would be the external activity of events, activity or work would be the external activity of a machine or individual(s) and algorithms describe the external activity of objects.

Since Te perceives objective, factual information outside the subject (external activity) and analyzes the rationale and functionality of what is happening or being done or said.
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...roverted_logic

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is your Ti not as strong as other LIIs?

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give yourself daily doses of vaccines and tendies until you get Autism.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's much better to improve a strength than try to improve a weakness. If it's not as naturally strong, ignore it- and focus on improving your best stat/function.

A wizard with 3249723423 Int but 0 strength is better than a wizard with equal stat points in everything. Just boring and pointless. You would survive (and have more HP) but you wouldn't thrive.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think your Ti is not strong compared to other LIIs?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you just aren’t LII?

I would recommend improving Te and Se. Can’t have good internal logic without info that holds up externally, and can’t get that extroverted information without expansion.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Design a programming language like brainfuck that no one wants to understand.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post

I would recommend improving Te and Se. Can’t have good internal logic without info that holds up externally, and can’t get that extroverted information without expansion.
    What do you believe is a better candidate for my type?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post

You're just a dirty Empiricist and an Inductivist.

The fact is that things like Empiricism have been obfuscated by extraneous labels like "Te" and "Se". And we're saying that we can't oppose things like Te and Se, because Te and Se are (ideas that come from) persons and not ideas.

It's kind of like "identity politics", where it's taboo to oppose the person and not the idea. But we're opposing ideas and not persons.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    You're just a dirty Empiricist ...

OP take note. This is what pillow talk looks like between Ti valuers.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post

I choked a little on my coffee reading this.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    Do you believe that I was mistyped? If so, what do you think is my true type?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPanPrinciple View Post
    Despite being LII, my is not as strong as those of other LII's. How do I fix this?
    I will start with the disclaimer that I do not know your type and probably have not read your typing thread.

I think it is easy on sites like these to fall into comparison with others. Perhaps you think others that self type LII appear more knowledgeable than you and that is what you really want to improve on so Kiwi's advice is very good and anyone can benefit from taking it.

Age and experience is a an important factor. If you are younger (under 25) then your cognitive functions are still developing so don't be too hard on yourself. By experience, in this case, I mean having a broader range of interactions with people of different cultures and backgrounds such as economic status, childhood experiences and education to understand that types are not as simple as a few paragraphs in a description. Life experience along with the choices they made help shape people.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the overall kindness of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I think it is easy on sites like these to fall into comparison with others. Perhaps you think others that self type LII appear more knowledgeable than you and that is what you really want to improve on so Kiwi's advice is very good and anyone can benefit from taking it.
    Once again, I admire the kindness your insights are peppered with. But I am not interested in improving if my type does not have as a valued function. Correct knowledge of my type is prior to my need to improve .

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Age and experience is an important factor. If you are younger (under 25) then your cognitive functions are still developing so don't be too hard on yourself. By experience, in this case, I mean having a broader range of interactions with people of different cultures and backgrounds such as economic status, childhood experiences and education to understand that types are not as simple as a few paragraphs in a description. Life experience along with the choices they made help shape people.
    I am 26 so my type should be fully determined.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Thank you for the overall kindness of your post.

Once again, I admire the kindness your insights are peppered with. But I am not interested in improving if my type does not have as a valued function. Correct knowledge of my type is prior to my need to improve .

I am 26 so my type should be fully determined.
    I read your questionnaire in your typing thread and have your blog open. At first glance it would appear you do value Ti and probably NT. I have only read a bit of your blog though so would not stake my life on it.

About the age thing, 25 was an arbitrary age I picked. Some theories suggest that cognitive development can actually continue up to age 30.

YWIMW

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just pick a different type

... or wear glasses. This cat just increased its Ti.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's doubtful situation with IQ not lesser than normal

you may to have worse skills. this is fixed by the practical usage of Ti methods. technical education and work should do this
    calculations, mathematics, programming, categorization, etc

you may to have other type also, if you notice your T is not good compared to people with T types
    make a videointerview to get the help with the typing. it's rather possibly that your type is not LII

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you believe that I was mistyped? If so, what do you think is my true type?
    I didn't question your type; I was cracking a joke. Looks like you're questioning it, tho.

Now that you mention it, it's unusual that you make your goal of "improving Ti" contingent on your typing. I've always valued skills associated with Ti. Formal logic, defining principles, generalized conceptual frameworks, rules of thumb, and logical explanations have always held my interest because I find them useful and informative in making decisions. Even math is often interesting, even if it's just for the challenge of performing the correct operation. This preference isn't contingent on how I view myself, so not contingent on how I type myself either.

You should just kill two birds with one stone by hanging out with ESE. Test out how it goes to inform your self typing, and if they happen to lead with your suggestive or mobilizing function, you'll get the bonus of them covering your weak spots so you can hone your strengths.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that it's not as good, it's just as strong, it's just not as informed, if you read about some topic that interests you you should naturally develop a depth of knowledge about it and then you'll appear to have strong Ti, the strength hasn't changed though just the amount of content it now can reference. If you're LII your Ti is already good.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think you are probs LII from what I’ve seen of your posts @PeterPanPrinciple

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    That's Te
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PeterPanPrinciple

Try cryptogram puzzles. There are logic puzzles available by the magazines at common bookstores. Some puzzles may be more Te but Ti as I say is logical set theory. So cryptograms are a good exercise. Sudoku is more Te.

You could also buy a book or find an online course in formal logic. You might find this boring though if you are an LII. Perhaps your Ti is strong enough but just is hungry for applications.

Strengthening Alpha NT skills means focusing more on inductive reasoning and less on deductive reasoning, generally speaking.

Researching some area of physics or technology might be gratifying. Perhaps visit a hobby shop and see if anything there sparks your interest. Model building is another form of Ti because it is tactical/loose logic.

Hopefully some idea among these helps.

Oh. And read philosophy.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-30-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Sudoku is more Te
    Sudoku is NT style in general; but it can be solved with both + and + methods. It's just a different approach.

Designing a game in a flawless manner would be more .

Chess is more + I guess... and the sport Chess Boxing seems to me specifically made for gamma NT people.

Back to the inital question...
    I doubt that somebody is skilled to evaluate how strong or developed the own leading function is.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's Te
    How come? Designing a programming language is close to designing a system and condensing to few principles which can be then expanded mindlessly Te ways by actually using it.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come? Designing a programming language is close to designing a system and condensing to few principles which can be then expanded mindlessly Te ways by actually using it.
    I've done programming. I can do it but I don't like it. The best programmers I know who went very far in their careers are SLI, LSE, ILI (who switched careers later) & an IEE (Te-valuing). I recall an LII who was unsatisfied in his work even though he did more systems work than any coding. He was considered an outsider in his herd.

Ti types are usually found in other non-IT engineering professions like aerospace engineers, automotive engineers and mechanical inventors. I am currently thinking of an LII, No, 7 LIIs and 2 LSIs. Oh and then there is the LSI Lab Microbiologist - more Ti.

Most of my work has been in technical fields so I've surveyed a lot of trends for the last 25 years.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've done programming. I can do it but I don't like it. The best programmers I know who went very far in their careers are SLI, LSE, ILI (who switched careers later) & an IEE (Te-valuing).

Ti types are usually found in other non-IT engineering professions like aerospace engineers, automotive engineers and mechanical inventors. I am currently thinking of an LII, No, 7 LIIs and 2 LSIs. Oh and then there is the LSI Lab Microbiologist - more Ti.

Most of my work has been in technical fields so I've surveyed a lot of trends for the last 25 years.
    But designing a programming language is not programming. That is usually happens in their id block moments if Te ego.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But designing a programming language is not programming.
    Ok but based on my personal studies I discovered that linguistics is a very ILI activity.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok but based on my personal studies I discovered that linguistics is a very ILI activity.
    Which means they are doing lots of Ti. Seems like stuck up position for them as they can not easily do good profitable Te in linguistics.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brainfuck ist an extreme example of a programming language. No real valuer would use it, even programming in machine code (native instruction set of the processor) is easier.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. BF is... Not worth the money it costs on steam. That's a joke, you can learn it for free. I don't know why they sell free things online. I've considered learning it, but first I'll learn actual coding. Then I'll proceed to forget it and do something else. Quality plan right?

The INTps in linguistics are probably those people who write dictionaries that exclude common words.

To practice Ti, in my opinion, it would be best to go find a complicated problem, and attempt to solve it taking in mind both points of view, while not compromising your own views. This would force you to keep two or more sets of data in mind, and then searching for an answer based upon the frameworks that you have built around this world. Very Tight. Also, the less popular the perspective you try and solve from, the better. It's harder to argue from the point of a Marxist. Hence the true reason for the flag.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give you an excercise. Explain how Pakistan can beat India without triggering nuclear war. Kobayashi Maru time!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's stronger than you think it is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    Maybe it's stronger than you think it is.
    My impression as well, from reading his blogs. Too late to let him know since he was scared off and hasn't returned since.

Because the rabbit room thread has "SocionicsIsNotACult" as its username and that is typed as Suspiciously Specific Denial in TvTropes, and TvTropes is never wrong, so I have decided to get the freak away from you freaks and thus WILL NOT attend the Chicago meetup.

This is my final post. Goodbye.

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII's can be pretty good at disappearing.

No idea why.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No idea why.
    His Ti just got 500 % stronger. Semi schizophrenic, autistic, secluded, defined and ritualistic state where only supreme dingularity takes the upper hand.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea why.
    Social anxiety at feeling like you made a fool out of yourself and you will never be taken seriously anymore and you don't want to remember that shame again so you decide to play dead because your ego can't take being wrong/having made really stupid posts is kinda a factor I guess?

That, and also probably doesn't imagine that a person they talked about a common interest with so fervently might be feeling a level of closeness they weren't aware off, so bounces off to talk with someone who is good at/passionate about their new shiny common interest with again the same level of passion and won't be scared away by their obsessive level of love towards it, so thinks that it is natural you just at some point up and leave everything you built to start up from ground yet again.

It is kind of a dick move, honestly, one I'm personally trying to get better at after dropping people off like hot potato on random whims, thinking it wouldn't matter for the other side anyway. And not all LIIs will have same reasons obviously, but again, possibly 1D Fe ("How do I keep entertaining them if I am obviously not interested in this topic anymore??? This is so draining and nerve wrecking and frustrating fkdhfdkjfdhkfd I don't want to come off rude and I want to make them happy too, it was great before but I don't have the energy or actual desire for this- I will just play dead so I never gotta deal with this.") and 2D role Fi ("We only talk about our common interests so we aren't really that close because they didn't declare their desire to be eternally bffs so they will be a bit sad at losing a conversation partner about this as passionate as they are but hey, this won't break them. Probably.") are at a play with that trend, I would say?

Edit: Also for people I have in my life, like my parents or ones I know I am good friends with/consider a bestfriend, I tend to assume that if there is a problem, they would tell me. When I put it like that, it sounds obvious that humans sadly aren't that transparent with their desires and needs, but I just assume that they are doing fine, that they must be enjoying their time too or it at least isn't terrible if they are not contacting me, since I'm enjoying my time chasing after whatever idea/thing I fancy at the time and disappearing from face of the earth for me means I just got a new shiny thing I obsess over and will be back before long, that since my disappearances aren't from any sort of trouble but from getting too caught up in things I'm interested in and I will be back to ramble about those things at some point to them as well, so that they just must be in a similar situation. That's a blindspot right there.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 03-14-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast