Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 50

Thread: Does this test work?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Does this test work?

    Please tell me if this test works?

    On the whole, which set of phrases do you tend to chase after?
    "To be loved", "To be perfect", "To be wealthy", "To know" (E)
    "To be healthy", "To understand", "To believe", "To love" (I)

    What do you tend to chase after?
    Physical world (S) v World of possibilities (N)

    What do you tend to chase after?
    Logical world (T) v Emotional world (F)

    Which world are you more in touch with?
    If you are NT type: Physical world (p) v Emotional world (j)
    If you are NF type: Physical world (p) v Logical world (j)
    If you are ST type: World of possibilties (p) v Emotional world (j)
    If you are SF type: World of possibilities (p) v Logical world (j)

    Subtype
    What do you tend to chase after?
    If you are NT types: World of possibilities (N) v Logical world (T) v Both of the worlds (N and T) equally
    If you are NF types: World of possibilities (N) v Emotional world (F) v Both of the worlds (N and F) equally
    If you are ST types: Physical world (S) v Logical world (T) v Both of the worlds (S and T) equally
    If you are SF types: Physical world (S) v Emotional world (F) v Both of the worlds (S and F) equally

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do not see a problem format wise, but if you want it to be reliable some more questions would do well.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In fact, I would not mind coding an on-line test in this format, taking there were more questions maybe a 100 or more ... :wink:

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think a 100 questions is too many (for me anyway )

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By the way, did the test work for you?

  6. #6
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    It says that I'm an ESTp with a sensory subtype. It seems a little too linear, though.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  7. #7
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It says I'm an INTj with with an intuitive sub-type.

    It does seem to linear, and can be manipulated far too easily if one has sufficient information of the system.

    Also, someone with little-to-no knowledge of the system might not know what you mean by "emotional world" or "intellectual world", nor would they probably be able to distinguish between "world of possiblities" and "intellectual world."

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It says I am ENTx ... I am a little unsure how to derive the j/p from the test though.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    I think a 100 questions is too many (for me anyway )
    It would make the test more reliable for people unfamiliar with the system to get the right type if there were more questions. Having just a few questions is too vague for beginners or people who have not studied socionics, so they need something more to gauge their type correctly.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I could have a broader explanation [weblinks?] about how this test works I could make a small on-line test and even give the source out for free when I am done.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The idea actually came from my own thoughts.

    I would like to say that I know that the questions are few. However, I believe that an accurate result boils down to the wording of the questions. I think you can get an accurate result with a few questions.

    Let me use an example.

    Extroverts are interested in what is happening around them.

    However, for the ISTp, the strongest element of their type is an inexhaustible curiosity towards the phenomena of the surrounding world.

    I have come to the realisation that "what is happening around" you is not to do wiht extroversion but is to do with sensng (the "physical world"). Such things are important, otherwise test results can be inaccurate.

    A similar thing can be said about intuition and introversion. Intuition is supposed to do with "looking at the big picture". However, INTps are supposed to be "pedantic". This causes problems in obtaining accurate results.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think that if we all work together on getting the wording right, we can get accurate results by only asking a few questions.

  13. #13
    Creepy-

    Default

    fgfd

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've edited the original post above slightly.

    What type of world is your mind living in (or orientated towards)?

    Does this help?

  15. #15
    Creepy-

    Default

    fdgd

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've updated the original post. Please let me know if it still needs amending.

    I appreciate your comments.

  17. #17
    Creepy-

    Default

    fgd

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's good to receive genuine complaints, because then I can improve the test.

    Thanks for your comment. :wink:

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Does this test work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Subtype
    Which world drives you and creates excitement for you?
    If you are NT types: world of possibilities (N) v logical world (T)
    If you are NF types: world of possibilities (N) v emotional world (F)
    If you are ST types: physical world (S) v intellectual world (T)
    If you are SF types: physical world (S) v emotional world (F)
    Hugo, I'm unsure of subtypes. What I find interesting is that both Socionics and BrainTypes came to the conclusion of subtypes, so they must exist. I have just never heard anyone describe them well. So, what would be the diffrence between the subtypes of each type? How would they act diffrently?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Rocky. Do the test and tell me your type, and I'll give you details of the possible subtypes for your type.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm an ENTP. The problem is I don't know which subtype fits me better. I can see how either one works, so I want to know the diffrences between the subtypes. Thanks.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Rocky,

    Here are the ENTp subtypes:

    Finder is terminal (intuitive) (developing - inventor)
    It differs in terms of excellent scent to the new. He frequently becomes the author of many inventions and discoveries. Unsurpassed generator of ideas. In its proposals it is very daring. However, easily throws the bored matter and is thrown to new - more captivating. It is capable to appear itself, also, in the business. For it are characteristic the dynamics, a rapid speech, a large quantity of gestures. In it frequently the dense build, courageous appearance, whiskers, if the discussion deals with the man. Great significance is attached to exterior view.

    Finder is initial (logical) (extracting - extractor)
    Self-centered and pensive person. It draw the ideas, which do not have direct connection with the reality, for example philosophy, religion, bioenergetics and t, d. its favorite occupation - to compare between themselves different logical systems. Type of office scientist. Asthenic figure is characteristic for it. It is angular in the motions, is not turned attention to the exterior view, little it worries about the health.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could you give the INFP subtypes too? I would like to know them and I have no clue where to find them... tha'd be awesome. Also, this test didnt really work for me. I got ENFJ...... and i am DEFINATELY NOT an extrovert, and once again, am DEFINATELY NOT a J. I suppose thats why you need a large test with overcomplication. Heh. Fun stuff. Anyways... the subtypes, tha's be awesome. (Yes, I'm confident I'm an INFP)

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hugo put all of the subtypes here:

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...c00b2fa0b8e60a
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    Also, this test didnt really work for me. I got ENFJ...... and i am DEFINATELY NOT an extrovert, and once again, am DEFINATELY NOT a J.
    Please tell me what makes you so sure that you are not ENFj?

    Why do you think you are INFp?

    Could it be that you are INFj, or that you are ENFp?

    Why do you think you are not an extrovert?

    Why do you think you are not a J?

    Do you think you are more intellectual than physical? If so, what makes you say that? INFps and ENFps are meant to be more physical than intellectual. (That does not mean that you are stupid in any way). INFjs and ENFjs are however more intellectual than physical.

    [Perhaps you are INFj. People usually get confused about whether they are INFp or INFj. Note that people with a j type can be flexible and laid back as well.]

    Answers to these question will help me improve the test. Thank you. :wink:

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not at all extroverted. I need breaks from people. A lot of breaks. People tire me out. I'm very uncomfortable opening up with people I don't know what I feel like is very well. I'll go with a one on one convorsation with a CLOSE friend anyday over a group. I don't particularly like groups. I'm very uncofortable with them. Being forced to be with people too much stresses me out and wares me down. I can spend days without assosiation with others. I'm rather quiet. I dont really care how many people I know. I've been a person to have A best friend my whole life. Everything about me screams introvert, and this causes me a lot of problems. I have a real troble going outside myself and innicating convorsation with those I'd like to. I keep a lot inside myself. Everything about my screams introvert. If you ask anyone I know they'll tell you introvert. If you told them that you thought me to be an extrovert they'd laugh. Garunteed. I'm 100% sure I'm an introvert. If thats not enough, take my word for it. I could keep going. I can be close minded to the outside. I always think then act later. I know the difference in myself and the extrovert dominated world around me. I am NOT one of them.


    The idea that I might be a J makes me smile as well. Im not a planner. I'm not organized. I AM a PROCRASTANATER in the full sence of the word. Though I know J's can be flexible and laid back I am VERY much so. Also, scedules stress the crap out of me. I HATE schedules. I dislike when people can't understand non-sceduled people unlike themselves. A huge one here is the hate for commitment of P types. Thats hate runs through my bones. I always leave things open. I dont like to close them. I crave open commitements. Infact, one of my friends loves to call me anti-commitment because I wont make a closed commitment ot anything. When I start writing a song or lyric, I ALWAYS feel like I dont have to finish it now, I can ALWAYS leave it open to be finished later. As a general rule.... its doesnt ever really tend to get finished. I have issues finishing what I start.


    I am completely confident that I am not an ENFP. I have an ENFP friend. I've seen the way ENFP's act, I know the way they act socially. That is not me. They care very much about the world around them. They have MANY contacts and MANY acquantinces. THAT certainly is not me. I feel very stressed when I have too many friends to put my energy into. I then feel spread. I feel like, then, I can't really put myslef into a relationship. Relationships take a long time for me to feel comfortable enough to really share my innerds. If I share something I'm uncomfortable sharing or am forced to I feel like I just cut out my insides. Litterly. Socializing in itself I often see and feel as fake. I feel the only way to truely get to know the person is ONE ON ONE. I detest FAKE.

    I have never met an INFJ, but I am 100% sure as well that I am not a J.

    Lastly, everything I'v ever read about the INFP personality type fits me perfectly. I am in awe by it. This never been anything that I've disagreed with. Those other two type descriptions do not fit me. I could go on forever saying statements of the INFP personality type and proving they correspond with myself, but I'll just say one thing. When it copmes to my negitive feelings, it's like(when not depressed or with something hanging over my head for a long period of time), I start the day out as an empty bottle. As negitive things happen I fill up continually, and I can only take so much. Bottles have a limited amout of liquid they can hold, and just as if a bottle that cant hold anymore liquid would simply spill out when more liquid is added, the same happens with my emotion. I can only take so much negitive emotion, and, when my capacity is full, I have to empty it out until it's all gone to feel well again. I have to SPILL that negitive emotion, and my way of doing that is writing. Writing about how I feel. Poetry. And I'll keep writing, and writing, until I feel like I've got as much of that negitive emotion out as I can, and at the end hopefully I feel at peace of mind again. I have most all the common problems and troubles as an INFP. Also, I'm very concerned with perfection in all the little things I do... I've gone over this stupid post over and over agin as I write it. I also do truely appear as a softie inside and out, and most people have a VERY difficult time picking up on when my spirit is in the dumps. I could go on if needed.....

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you see the world more from a logical or physical point of view?

    If you say physical then that means you are p type because INFp's weakest function is logical. If you say logical then that means you are j type.

    I know you said that you are definately p, but let me tell you, I'm INTj and have thought that p fits me pretty well. Also the INTj and INTp descriptions both describe me quite well. In the end they both have the same type of strengths. Defining and distinguishing between j and p is not straight forward for intorverts.

    Also, out of ESTp and ESTj, which one do you find more attractive - the one that is more physically orientated (ESTp) or the one that is more logically orientated (ESTj)?

    If you say ESTp then you are INFp. If you say ESTj then you are INFj.

    Please tell me what you think.

    Thanks.

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've amended the test. Please tell me if it is accurate.

    Thanks.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find the physically oriented ESTP much more attractive then the logically oriented ESTJ. Also, I've always tested as INFP, thus also drawing the conclusion that I am such. The problem here is our different interpretations of the word INTELLECTUAL. Itellectual does not go hand in hand with logic.

    "The ability to learn and reason; the capacity for knowledge and understanding. "

    "The ability to think abstractly or profoundly."

    Very INFPish. Logic is not mentioned within those definitions(from dictionary.com). I dislike logic extremely. If you were to change the test to Physical VS Logical THEN it would work for sure. The problem is that the INFP type is a very deep thinking type, and at least I feel I am very intellectual. NOT logical, not even rational..... but there is more to the definition of the word intellectual then logic and rationality. Capacity for knowledge, understanding, and the ABILITY to THINK, especially abstractly, are all characteristic of the INFP type. I do think of myself as an intellectual person. Another even easier synonym for the word intellectual is SMART. I do see myself as smart. SMART doesn't require tons of logic in my opinion. I feel like I am smarter then most. I HATE math, I HATE logic....... it boars the crap out of me......but I feel like i have the ABILITY to be logical if I want to. I tend to understand things much easier then those around me. They just dont seem to get things. This makes me feel im smart. Don't get me wrong.... I'm not generally at all conceded. I'm not good at physical/sporty type things, what I am good at involves the use of my mind. You cant tell me the word intellectual can't be used to describe handfuls of INFP writers. They are SMART. They are intellectual. Shakespear, Homer.... they can cartainly be described as intellectual, no? And I see myself as intellectual, I know not what there is to swade me toward Psyical VS Intellectual... LOGICAL VS Physical on the other hand, is a different story. If it was changed to that, perhaps the test would work. (And yes, I taken a lot of tests.... im 100% sure im an INFP)

  30. #30
    Creepy-Monica

    Default

    You sound sort of like an INFP that I know.

    Do you know which subtype you are?

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Honestly, no, I dont really know too much about the subtypes. Do you know which subtype your friend is?

  32. #32
    Creepy-Monica

    Default

    Well, she's an ethical type. You might not have the same subtype though but something you said sounded kind of INFPish.

    The two subtypes have similar but different vibes. The ethical subtype comes across as charming, emotional and walks fairly rapidly and gracefully. And the intuitive subtype comes across as a calm and kind...and walks slowly. There are of course other differences but their body movements really stand out to me...

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Harry Bottom:

    Thanks for your help. I've taken your suggestion and used it in the test.

    I'd be grateful if you do the test again and tell me the result.


  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yah, anytime. The J/P thing and the whole test definately works for me now . The only other thing here that might throw people off is the I/E thing, like you said. The problem is that there are definately introverts that are going to be confident meeting someone and extroverts who aren't. A lot more comes into play here I think. A lot of nuture and the persons own life experiences. The questions vauge enough that it's going to leave the test taker thinking about how confident they are when they meet all kinds of different people. They'll probly be led to thinking of the people they do get nervous meeting, such as those of the opposite sex, important people, etc., and although introverts will almost always score as introverts here(unless they are on a pedistool or have generally very good relations with other people), extroverts, especially very dependent ones, or ones with low self confiedence, have a high chance of saying that they have confidence troubles meeting others. Self-confidence doesn't really corresond to introversion/extroversion. Although extroverts may have a higher tendancy to have high self-confidence and introverts a lower one, simply because they have more of a tendancy to have relation troubles with others because it doesnt all come as naturally, it is all tendancy and its all assumption. It's assuming that because one is an introvert that they will end up with a lower confidence level, and vice versa. This is all generalization. It would work much better with a couple other questions, perhaps about wether recharge time is needed, or how they spend their freetime.

  35. #35
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    It said I was INTj with intuitive subtype. It got the basic type right. I'm fuzzy on the subtypes so can't comment there.

  36. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian
    It said I was INTj with intuitive subtype. It got the basic type right. I'm fuzzy on the subtypes so can't comment there.
    To know about your subtype, go to:

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...?t=678&start=0


  37. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dear Harry Bottom and Warrior Librarian,

    Please see the bit of the test that tests I/E. Please tell me whether or not it is accurate.

    Also, did your subtype come out correctly?

    Thanks for all your help.


  38. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please see the bit of the test that tests I/E. Please tell me whether or not it is accurate.

    Also, did your subtype come out correctly?
    It works for me. As for the subtype, I couldn't tell you which subtype I am.... I feel like I'm both those things at times, a little from each, not one over the other. I don't think people really have to have a defined subtype.... maybe I'm wrong.... but it doesn't seem very concrete to me. I kinda just depends.

  39. #39
    Creepy-

    Default

    fdgd

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMO, people do have distinctive subtypes. Seeing it over and over again and noticing the diffrences in people made me a believer. I think ignoring subtypes would be an egregious error because understanding them make things much clearer. When you start to see subtypes within the types you can get that "ahhaa!" and start to see what you would have overlooked before.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •