Thread: EII and IEI differences

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default EII and IEI differences

One difference about them in the external sense is that IEI with their Fe are good at getting others to get emotions. IEI are okay with others emotions but not their own
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-15-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII vs IEI
    moralist vs believer
    passive aggressive vs defensive
    detached vs engaged
    not a true team player vs team player
    self-conscious vs image-conscious
    opinionated vs flexible
    formal vs casual
    conviction vs go with the flow
    breadth vs narrow focus
    planned vs seat of the pants
    closer vs opener
    arranged vs cluttered
    wanting meaning vs wanting closure...................

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Sol
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    This is opening a can of worms.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

One difference about them in the external sense is that IEI with their Fe are good at getting others to get emotions. IEI are okay with others emotions but not their own
    I have been reading her descriptions lately and I found this interesting. Very different from my EII sister.

http://socionika-forever.blogspot.co...post_8619.html

Yesenin very easily knows how to tune in to the interlocutor, to feel him. And if for some reason he doesn’t make contact, it always alarming him: Yesenin starts thinking about why he is “not allowed” for such reasons, perhaps this person is not as simple as it seems, or may even be dangerous (his “negative intuition of time "- the desire to escape from danger).

Exposing the emotional evaluation of the ethical qualities of others, Yesenin does it according to his mood: being in a good mood, he admires those who like him, in a bad mood - he “washes the bones” with everything else. In a state of irritation, he has an overwhelming desire to say face-to-face the most absurd and unpleasant things.

Periodically, Yesenin may manifest himself as an instigator of conflicts — the method he needs to ascertain his own position in the system of relations.

The whole diverse range of feelings and moods of Yesenin is not only his “artistic palette”, it is also his “toolkit” and his “armory”.

Yesenin is confident in his charisma, in his attractiveness, in the arsenal of his very cute and pretty masks, which he uses superbly. And these are not external masks: any of them is, as it were, a peculiar state of his soul.

Few people know how to slander and ruthlessly scold, building up the power of their emotional impact, like Yesenin. This is someone who can cauterize with a word, like a hot iron, - prints, it will not seem a little! Yesenin is one of the most evil-speaking types of socion!

Oh, if it does, so surely the partner will be able to better assimilate the lesson, make a conclusion from his own mistakes and try to correct them as soon as possible, so as not to repeat in the future.

Again, this painful ethical manipulation is psychologically designed only for Zhukov, for his inert emotionality and somewhat awkward ethics. But the fact that for Zhukov is no more than an effective way of emotional activation, for others (especially emotionally vulnerable personality types), it can turn into a completely unbearable torture.
    She may exaggerate a bit but I understand what she is saying even if I have to google translate.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have been reading her descriptions lately and I found this interesting. Very different from my EII sister.

http://socionika-forever.blogspot.co...post_8619.html

She may exaggerate a bit but I understand what she is saying even if I have to google translate.
    Oh that’s interesting that you wonder about the contact. When I choose a relationship I make contact and I keep finding ways to connect if first contact fails lol. I can be persistent if I want and extremely confident but if the other person doesn’t want a friend I just move on. I may fret at times thinking what’s wrong with me-turn on myself, but for the most part I just move on. And, my moods are very consistent (not counting pregnancy). I love I love deeply no matter what my mood is.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The both F are similar in emotional influence on others - they just give different kinds of emotions.
    All F types are good with emotions of self and with emotions of others.

Fi is subjective relation of a human to something. Personal sympathy. The level of personal emotional comfort. Fi types pay the attention on how they like something. And how much other people like them, like other ones and try to improve this or do not reduce, at least - it's their way of emotional caring about others. The reason why Fi types (in average) more than Fe ones prefer to be quiet and polite - it's their value to do not hurt others, to do not make what others may dislike in them (including more rare usage of "bad" words). Fe are more open in negative emotional expressing, lesser restrained in this and from point of Te types often behave senselessly rude. I saw some base Fi behaving not politely without good reasons, but this should not be common and nontypes reasons could to make those people more predisposed to an irritation - situational or personal.

Fe is an objective emotional evaluation ("to do that is bad", "that is disgusting and low") and general level of emotional state (agitation/supression). When Fe see you are depressed - he may come, and with loud laughing to tell something (for Te types this mostly looks annoying and crazy). If you'll smile in return - Fe will think it's the success, while for Te the inner mood may stay the same. Te prefer and feel better from other emotions - from quiet emotional warmness, kindness - to see that another human has good emotions to us, shows good relation and polite tender talking with us - this inspires higher Fe state in us as we feel as loved.

Ne and Ni.
    Ne pay the attention on the possibilities. EII may often point you on what you may do else. They try to understand you better, your current state, your motivation behind the actions.
    Ni are dreamy. They'll tell you about philosophy and their impressions from a movie. They may think how that was in past times, how will be in the future. May say precautions to do or do not something.

+
    common about J/P, interests of values

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The both F are similar in emotional influence on others - they just give different kinds of emotions.
    All F types are good with emotions of self and with emotions of others.

Fi is subjective relation of a human to something. Personal sympathy. The level of personal emotional comfort. Fi types pay the attention on how they like something. And how much other people like them, like other ones and try to improve this or do not reduce, at least - it's their way of emotional caring about others. The reason why Fi types (in average) more than Fe ones prefer to be quiet and polite - it's their value to do not hurt others, to do not make what others may dislike in them (including more rare usage of "bad" words). Fe are more open in negative emotional expressing, lesser restrained in this and from point of Te types often behave senselessly rude. I saw some base Fi behaving not politely without good reasons, but this should not be common and nontypes reasons could to make those people more predisposed to an irritation - situational or personal.

Fe is an objective emotional evaluation ("to do that is bad", "that is disgusting and low") and general level of emotional state (agitation/supression). When Fe see you are depressed - he may come, and with loud laughing to tell something (for Te types this mostly looks annoying and crazy). If you'll smile in return - Fe will think it's the success, while for Te the inner mood may stay the same. Te prefer and feel better from other emotions - from quiet emotional warmness, kindness - to see that another human has good emotions to us, shows good relation and polite tender talking with us - this inspires higher Fe state in us as we feel as loved.

Ne and Ni.
    Ne pay the attention on the possibilities. EII may often point you on what you may do else. They try to understand you better, your current state, your motivation behind the actions.
    Ni are dreamy. They'll tell you about philosophy and their impressions from a movie. They may think how that was in past times, how will be in the future. May say precautions to do or do not something.

+
    common about J/P, interests of values
    EII can say I hate” as a form of negative expression because it is pointing to personal preferences
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EII can say I hate” as a form of negative expression because it is pointing to personal preferences
    EII prefer softer language and terms. They mostly say: I like, prefer, etc.
    The reason - other people may to have other opinion and they unconsciously try to reduce a possible emotional discomfort for them, to lesser provoke an antipathy.
    They also prefer indirect ways to express the relation. If they do not want to talk - they'll try to find a respectable reason to stop it, but not to say this directly. As an opponent may dislike this.

EII are the least conflicting types.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typing people based on language is nonsense

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The reason - other people may to have other opinion and they unconsciously try to reduce a possible emotional discomfort for them, to lesser provoke an antipathy.
    They also prefer indirect ways to express the relation. If they do not want to talk - they'll try to find a respectable reason to stop it, but not to say this directly. As an opponent may dislike this.

I’m glad to see you still using stereotypes but still you’re making progress
    -

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The types appear similar on the surface, but they're very different if you dig in.

EII gives a fairy/ sprite like impression while IEI is more royal.

Their focus is different. IEI is analytical about emotions, like all Fe types. They can focus greatly on the emotional expressions. (Not quite dense as to laugh in the face of a depressed person). Ni types do care about people's moods, I would actually argue that EIIs don't.

EIIs on the other hand are attuned to the impact people have on them and each other. To simply call Fi "the ethics of relationships" is not enough. Fi types feel the impact of other people so profoundly (and they talk about this) and this is why they become excellent judges of character. This is something Fe types don't do.

So, if they're talking about a movie they watched, IEI would be analytical about people's emotions and talk about general philosophy etc, while EII would talk more about what the characters are made of and their relationship to other. Ofc, this is an oversimplification.

IEI strikes more as a visionary, EII as more of a romantic or poet. One has a grand scope, a great vision, of how the world is like, etc while the other is more self contained (rational types in general are).

I posted the same video in one of Rose's threads:

The pink haired girl, Madoka, is EII and the dark haired girl is Homura, IEI

For a more obvious example, this scene is excellent. Kaoru is the IEI and Shinji is the EII. It's almost like they're talking different languages (the 2 minute mark). EII is much more grounded, and the focus is on the principles (you betrayed us!). IEI's focus is much broader and that HA Ti is hard to miss, exerting their worldview. Both types are rigid in that sense.

With EII, the emotional underatanding is the stuff that's not obviously displayed. They silently understand and in a sense, they don't communicate their feelings as freely and outwardly as IEIs. Fe's focus is on what is the obvious, what is readily visible. They're more expressive as a result.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is interesting, I agree with a lot of what you have said, but just wanted to further comment.

Their focus is different. IEI is analytical about emotions, like all Fe types. They can focus greatly on the emotional expressions. (Not quite dense as to laugh in the face of a depressed person). Ni types do care about people's moods, I would actually argue that EIIs don't.
    I feel like I am very analytical about emotions, in the sense of literal though...I place it within Psychology and things that I have read etc. I analyze the person specifically, and also some emotions as they feel like they apply to 'universal condition' if you will. Perhaps this is not what you meant by "analyzing emotions," but just adding my thoughts...

EIIs on the other hand are attuned to the impact people have on them and each other. To simply call Fi "the ethics of relationships" is not enough. Fi types feel the impact of other people so profoundly (and they talk about this) and this is why they become excellent judges of character. This is something Fe types don't do.
    I do judge people but I don't want to place anyone in the category of "permanently irredeemable" and I prefer to be kinder than crueler. Unintentional cruelty though...well, every type is liable to it.

So, if they're talking about a movie they watched, IEI would be analytical about people's emotions and talk about general philosophy etc, while EII would talk more about what the characters are made of and their relationship to other. Ofc, this is an oversimplification.
    I think I understand what you are saying here. IEIs may very well be focused on the general narrative "vision" of the movie, the overall direction in which things headed, their ideas etc. and only sometimes perhaps talking about the characters...imo Fi is heavily character focused. Heavily. It comes through even in art they like. A lot of what I like on my pinterest has someone in it, because it expresses...something to me idk how to put it into words. Similarly, I love movies that are character focused, with the camera angle constantly zooming in on the specific people, with their inner narrative exposed important part of the movie. It might not even have to be heavily Ni-focused in the sense of...I don't know, something intriguing and "cool" I guess that Ni users may find in movies, but if there is an infinitely rich depth of character and the plots dives inwards into these characters...I love it.

IEI strikes more as a visionary, EII as more of a romantic or poet. One has a grand scope, a great vision, of how the world is like, etc while the other is more self contained (rational types in general are).
    Makes sense.

With EII, the emotional underatanding is the stuff that's not obviously displayed. They silently understand and in a sense, they don't communicate their feelings as freely and outwardly as IEIs. Fe's focus is on what is the obvious, what is readily visible. They're more expressive as a result.
    Yeah.
    @Pano Lou

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Eii vs iei differences.

They have different orders of how the letter e and i is placed like for eii, e comes first followed by two ii.. where iei, e is surrounded by i.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I feel things about people but I don't want to shame them and highlight their weaknesses while I think Fe types observe the other person's states of feelings like "you don't seem happy" and want them to elaborate on whatever moods that they are already experiencing. It's the difference between liking explosive feelings and calming someone and maintaining that state of calmness indefinitely. So with regards to feelings I do either want calm or if I observe someone being happy I usually leave them alone and let them be happy. Another words I don't see external emotions as an opportunity to grab the cat by the tail and drag it around for affect. I can see this can at times be very similar to what SEI do however even SEI have moments of using methods to evoke emotional awareness in others "you seem sad" or "you're grumpy today" where I think I would ask "are you alright?" if I notice emotional states but it's always with the intention of "how can I help" not so much "hey you look pissed to me -did you know how you come off?"

When I want some result out of someone I can ignore their external state because I could care less...that's when ethics kicks in "do the right thing you ass hole and stop playing up the helpless person when you know very well you did the wrong thing."
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

So to you EII are the sugar and IEI are the spice?

When Fe see you are depressed - he may come, and with loud laughing to tell something (for Te types this mostly looks annoying and crazy).
    I wouldn't do that. I don't even laugh that loudly to begin with. Your view of Ni is quite limited as well.

Ask most teen girls and some boys and they will consider themselves "dreamy". That says nothing about how Ni is as a cognitive function. Even some EII think themselves dreamy.

YWIMW

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII, imo, are way too accommodating to people who don't deserve it, and too rigid toward people who do deserve it. It is like they try giving compensation out of some sort of cosmic justice

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The true EIIs carry themselves naturally with a strong sense of dignity and self-satisfaction.

IEIs seem more outwardly engaged in an emotional way in deeply relating to others... usually one-to-one.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    The true EIIs carry themselves naturally with a strong sense of dignity and self-satisfaction.

IEIs seem more outwardly engaged in an emotional way in deeply relating to others... usually one-to-one.
    Mostly true until they have a meltdown from holding it all together for too long. It happens more than sol would like to admit though. This thread is mostly comparing Fi to Fe instead of Fi to Ni or Ne to Fe.

Introverted feeling is determined principally by the subjective factor. This means that the feeling-judgment differs quite as essentially from extraverted feeling as does the introversion of thinking from extraversion. It is unquestionably difficult to give an intellectual presentation of the introverted feeling process, or even an approximate [p. 490] description of it, although the peculiar character of this kind of feeling simply stands out as soon as one becomes aware of it at all. Since it is primarily controlled by subjective preconditions, and is only secondarily concerned with the object, this feeling appears much less upon the surface and is, as a rule, misunderstood. It is a feeling which apparently depreciates the object; hence it usually becomes noticeable in its negative manifestations. The existence of a positive feeling can be inferred only indirectly, as it were. Its aim is not so much to accommodate to the objective fact as to stand above it, since its whole unconscious effort is to give reality to the underlying images. It is, as it were, continually seeking an image which has no existence in reality, but of which it has had a sort of previous vision. From objects that can never fit in with its aim it seems to glide unheedingly away. It strives after an inner intensity, to which at the most, objects contribute only an accessory stimulus. The depths of this feeling can only be divined -- they can never be clearly comprehended. It makes men silent and difficult of access; with the sensitiveness of the mimosa, it shrinks from the brutality of the object, in order to expand into the depths of the subject. It puts forward negative feeling-judgments or assumes an air of profound indifference, as a measure of self-defence.

Primordial images are, of course, just as much idea as feeling. Thus, basic ideas such as God, freedom, immortality are just as much feeling-values as they are significant as ideas. Everything, therefore, that has been said of the introverted thinking refers equally to introverted feeling, only here everything is felt while there it was thought. But the fact that thoughts can generally be expressed more intelligibly than feelings demands a more than ordinary descriptive or artistic capacity before the real wealth of this feeling can be even approximately [p. 491] presented or communicated to the outer world. Whereas subjective thinking, on account of its unrelatedness, finds great difficulty in arousing an adequate understanding, the same, though in perhaps even higher degree, holds good for subjective feeling. In order to communicate with others it has to find an external form which is not only fitted to absorb the subjective feeling in a satisfying expression, but which must also convey it to one's fellowman in such a way that a parallel process takes place in him. Thanks to the relatively great internal (as well as external) similarity of the human being, this effect can actually be achieved, although a form acceptable to feeling is extremely difficult to find, so long as it is still mainly orientated by the fathomless store of primordial images. But, when it becomes falsified by an egocentric attitude, it at once grows unsympathetic, since then its major concern is still with the ego. Such a case never fails to create an impression of sentimental self-love, with its constant effort to arouse interest and even morbid self-admiration just as the subjectified consciousness of the introverted thinker, striving after an abstraction of abstractions, only attains a supreme intensity of a thought-process in itself quite empty, so the intensification of egocentric feeling only leads to a contentless passionateness, which merely feels itself. This is the mystical, ecstatic stage, which prepares the way over into the extraverted functions repressed by feeling, just as introverted thinking is pitted against a primitive feeling, to which objects attach themselves with magical force, so introverted feeling is counterbalanced by a primitive thinking, whose concretism and slavery to facts passes all bounds. Continually emancipating itself from the relation to the object, this feeling creates a freedom, both of action and of conscience, that is only answerable to the subject, and that may even renounce all traditional values. But so much the more [p. 492] does unconscious thinking fall a victim to the power of objective facts.

4. The Introverted Feeling Type

It is principally among women that I have found the priority of introverted feeling. The proverb 'Still waters run deep' is very true of such women. They are mostly silent, inaccessible, and hard to understand; often they hide behind a childish or banal mask, and not infrequently their temperament is melancholic. They neither shine nor reveal themselves. Since they submit the control of their lives to their subjectively orientated feeling, their true motives generally remain concealed. Their outward demeanour is harmonious and inconspicuous; they reveal a delightful repose, a sympathetic parallelism, which has no desire to affect others, either to impress, influence, or change them in any way. Should this outer side be somewhat emphasized, a suspicion of neglectfulness and coldness may easily obtrude itself, which not seldom increases to a real indifference for the comfort and well-being of others. One distinctly feels the movement of feeling away from the object. With the normal type, however, such an event only occurs when the object has in some way too strong an effect. The harmonious feeling atmosphere rules only so long as the object moves upon its own way with a moderate feeling intensity, and makes no attempt to cross the other's path. There is little effort to accompany the real emotions of the object, which tend to be damped and rebuffed, or to put it more aptly, are 'cooled off' by a negative feeling-judgment. Although one may find a constant readiness for a peaceful and harmonious companionship, the unfamiliar object is shown no touch of amiability, no gleam of responding warmth, but is met by a manner of apparent indifference or repelling coldness. [p. 493]

One may even be made to feel the superfluousness of one's own existence. In the presence of something that might carry one away or arouse enthusiasm, this type observes a benevolent neutrality, tempered with an occasional trace of superiority and criticism that soon takes the wind out of the sails of a sensitive object. But a stormy emotion will be brusquely rejected with murderous coldness, unless it happens to catch the subject from the side of the unconscious, i.e. unless, through the animation of some primordial image, feeling is, as it were, taken captive. In which event such a woman simply feels a momentary laming, invariably producing, in due course, a still more violent resistance, which reaches the object in his most vulnerable spot. The relation to the object is, as far as possible, kept in a secure and tranquil middle state of feeling, where passion and its intemperateness are resolutely proscribed. Expression of feeling, therefore, remains niggardly and, when once aware of it at all, the object has a permanent sense of his undervaluation. Such, however, is not always the case, since very often the deficit remains unconscious; whereupon the unconscious feeling-claims gradually produce symptoms which compel a more serious attention.

A superficial judgment might well be betrayed, by a rather cold and reserved demeanour, into denying all feeling to this type. Such a view, however, would be quite false; the truth is, her feelings are intensive rather than extensive. They develop into the depth. Whereas, for instance, an extensive feeling of sympathy can express itself in both word and deed at the right place, thus quickly ridding itself of its impression, an intensive sympathy, because shut off from every means of expression, gains a passionate depth that embraces the misery of a world and is simply benumbed. It may possibly make an extravagant irruption, leading to some staggering act of an almost heroic character, to which, however, neither the object nor [p. 494] the subject can find a right relation. To the outer world, or to the blind eyes of the extravert, this sympathy looks like coldness, for it does nothing visibly, and an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.

Such misunderstanding is a characteristic occurrence in the life of this type, and is commonly registered as a most weighty argument against any deeper feeling relation with the object. But the underlying, real object of this feeling is only dimly divined by the normal type. It may possibly express its aim and content in a concealed religiosity anxiously shielded, from profane eyes, or in intimate poetic forms equally safeguarded from surprise; not without a secret ambition to bring about some superiority over the object by such means. Women often express much of it in their children, letting their passionateness flow secretly into them.

Although in the normal type, the tendency, above alluded to, to overpower or coerce the object once openly and visibly with the thing secretly felt, rarely plays a disturbing role, and never leads to a serious attempt in this direction, some trace of it, none the less, leaks through into the personal effect upon the object, in the form of a domineering influence often difficult to define. It is sensed as a sort of stifling or oppressive feeling which holds the immediate circle under a spell. It gives a woman of this type a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious. This power is derived from the deeply felt, unconscious images; consciousness, however, readily refers it to the ego, whereupon the influence becomes debased into personal tyranny. But, wherever the unconscious subject is identified with the ego, the mysterious power of the intensive feeling is also transformed into banal and arrogant ambition, vanity, and [p. 495] petty tyranny. This produces a type of woman most regrettably distinguished by her unscrupulous ambition and mischievous cruelty. But this change in the picture leads also to neurosis.

So long as the ego feels itself housed, as it were, beneath the heights of the unconscious subject, and feeling reveals something higher and mightier than the ego, the type is normal. The unconscious thinking is certainly archaic, yet its reductions may prove extremely helpful in compensating the occasional inclinations to exalt the ego into the subject. But, whenever this does take place by dint of complete suppression of the unconscious reductive thinking-products, the unconscious thinking goes over into opposition and becomes projected into objects. Whereupon the now egocentric subject comes to feel the power and importance of the depreciated object. Consciousness begins to feel 'what others think'. Naturally, others are thinking, all sorts of baseness, scheming evil, and contriving all sorts of plots, secret intrigues, etc. To prevent this, the subject must also begin to carry out preventive intrigues, to suspect and sound others, to make subtle combinations. Assailed by rumours, he must make convulsive efforts to convert, if possible, a threatened inferiority into a superiority. Innumerable secret rivalries develop, and in these embittered struggles not only will no base or evil means be disdained, but even virtues will be misused and tampered with in order to play the trump card. Such a development must lead to exhaustion. The form of neurosis is neurasthenic rather than hysterical; in the case of women we often find severe collateral physical states, as for instance anæmia and its sequelæ.

https://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I wouldn't do that. I don't even laugh that loudly to begin with. Your view of Ni is quite limited as well.

Ask most teen girls and some boys and they will consider themselves "dreamy". That says nothing about how Ni is as a cognitive function. Even some EII think themselves dreamy.
    Lol oh sol.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    EII, imo, are way too accommodating to people who don't deserve it, and too rigid toward people who do deserve it. It is like they try giving compensation out of some sort of cosmic justice
    Teach forgive understand forget repeat lol
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes
    Some EII are so conceited that not even I can communicate on a friendly term with them
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EII are good chocolate, while IEI are bad hooch.

EII inspire my psyche, while IEI supress it. The other issues relate to different values and J/P.
    I like IEI women in many aspects. But I do not get comparable emotional support, they more often behave in unpleasant way. Plus the mentioned weird effect on the psyche tonus, reduction of an attention abbility, arised anxiety and doubts in self (effects of superego region stimulation).

When you tune to them IRL, you feel they want from you to behave alike SLE are described - to fight for money and status - the more, - the better (LSE get that with other attitudes - alike to work good, be useful, be loyal, etc - then we expect to get normal life as a reward, we do not have that above as conscious aims). That SLE's attitudes I feel as alien for me and I'd was not sure in myself to live with such alien thinking.

> I wouldn't do that. I don't even laugh that loudly to begin with.

I saw how IEI laughed loud and smiled wide without good reasons, - they tried to improve the mood state of them and of others. For example, one IEI tried to make my mood better by playing pushing and words alike "do not be sad" (I did not talked about the problems - she just saw my emotions and tried to make them better). It's general Fe style to care about emotional tonus of other people. More expressed it is as base Fe types.
    If you behave in other way, then you mb uncommon in this. Ask people near you about the behavior by which you try to influence on their mood. How often and when you are smiling, how much expressed is your smile. Mb you did not noticed the details which from a side are seen better.

> Ask most teen girls and some boys and they will consider themselves "dreamy".

1) doubtful
    2) I told about external perception of this, but not what people would think or said about them
    3) I told about general what mostly is adult age, but not teenagers or milk babies

> That says nothing about how Ni is as a cognitive function.

read the theory

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I’m glad to see you still using stereotypes
    I'm using the classical theory. To see it's practically correct is possibly in case of correct typing.
    Then there will no be a need to reject the evident or to rationalize the contradictions to the core theory by baseless heresies.

you type is EIE. you may think such only with ignoring the theory and having strange opinions about it, what was seen in your recent SLE thread. for example, SLE are claimed by you there as having excellent Fi and being P types without valued Fi as having an inclination to stable relations, what controverts to theory and seen practice

you reject not wrong stereotypes, but the core, the essence of the typology to cover your mistakes. and do this without objective reasons
    Last edited by Sol; 01-17-2019 at 08:46 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm using the classical theory. To see it's practically correct is possibly in case of correct typing.
    Then there will no be a need to reject the evident or to rationalize the contradictions to the core theory by baseless heresies.

you type is EIE. you may think such only with ignoring the theory and having strange opinions about it, what was seen in your recent SLE thread. for example, SLE are claimed by you there as having excellent Fi and being P types without valued Fi as having an inclination to stable relations, what controverts to theory and seen practice

you reject not wrong stereotypes, but the core, the essence of the typology to cover your mistakes. and do this without objective reasons
    Sure sol. I’m EIE calm extremely calm and fairly unemotional
    -

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure sol. I’m EIE calm extremely calm and fairly unemotional
    not uncommon

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    not uncommon
    Okay
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ethical Intuitive Extrovert
    EIE – ENFj – Hamlet (Artist)

To the EIE life is filled with meaning when it contains emotional heat and dramatic experiences. He guesses which idea will take the imaginations if people ...

For all those super intelligent people.... how does the above differ from calm oh “super extremely calm”?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah EII pretty much hide their feelings
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

From my IEI friend

“...he stopped letting me grocery shop after I tried and was not consistent/buying sale items! I loathe grocery store, he loves it..”
    Yeah INFj are wonderful at shopping the sales and supporting the practical and economical aspects of ESTj
    -

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs is are VERY calm compared to EIEs and IEIs.

They demonstrate much emotional control and their emotions strike me as either glittering or hidden. Oddly, the same could be said for SEI except when SEI emotions are glittery they are also flourishing due to Fi being demonstrative coupled with the Si composure, plus they also get downright emotional like crying at a film rather easily.

Fe sentimentality and emotionalism is the Fi dominant's ignoring function.

EIIs are cool cats.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think overall impressions are still relevant but there are so many things that can impact personality type and/or perception of it.
    I thought that others think similarly but maybe I will just share...
    Relevant factors include but are not limited to:
    1)Abuse and the effect on personality
    2) Mental illness
    3) how the typer views the typee, which can include projections
    4) attempt on the typee’s behalf to strongly put effort into one or more social masks
    5) The fact that typing is done online to begin with!
    6) Arrogance and close mindedness either of the typer or typee
    7) The typee being under stress and behaving unlike themselves

...etc. I’m sure there is a lot more. But those things can muddy the water
    Best way to type someone? IMO get to know them...

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post

I posted the same video in one of Rose's threads:

The pink haired girl, Madoka, is EII and the dark haired girl is Homura, IEI
    Hmm I would have said the dark-haired girl is EII while the pink-haired girl is Fe, not necessarily IEI, but I think an Fe type. She's focusing on the other girl's outward emotions and trying to affect them, her mood. The dark-haired girl is feeling her emotions only for herself.

I saw how IEI laughed loud and smiled wide without good reasons, - they tried to improve the mood state of them and of others. For example, one IEI tried to make my mood better by playing pushing and words alike "do not be sad" (I did not talked about the problems - she just saw my emotions and tried to make them better). It's general Fe style to care about emotional tonus of other people. More expressed it is as base Fe types.
    I'm actually this way with people. I just want to cheer you up if you're feeling down, simply speaking.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

EII are good chocolate, while IEI are bad hooch.

EII inspire my psyche, while IEI supress it. The other issues relate to different values and J/P.
    I like IEI women in many aspects. But I do not get comparable emotional support, they more often behave in unpleasant way. Plus the mentioned weird effect on the psyche tonus, reduction of an attention abbility, arised anxiety and doubts in self (effects of superego region stimulation).

When you tune to them IRL, you feel they want from you to behave alike SLE are described - to fight for money and status - the more, - the better (LSE get that with other attitudes - alike to work good, be useful, be loyal, etc - then we expect to get normal life as a reward, we do not have that above as conscious aims). That SLE's attitudes I feel as alien for me and I'd was not sure in myself to live with such alien thinking.

> I wouldn't do that. I don't even laugh that loudly to begin with.

If you behave in other way, then you mb uncommon in this. Ask people near you about the behavior by which you try to influence on their mood. How often and when you are smiling, how much expressed is your smile. Mb you did not noticed the details which from a side are seen better.

> Ask most teen girls and some boys and they will consider themselves "dreamy".

1) doubtful
    2) I told about external perception of this, but not what people would think or said about them
    3) I told about general what mostly is adult age, but not teenagers or milk babies

> That says nothing about how Ni is as a cognitive function.

read the theory

First of all you have to know I have read the theory so don't patronize me. Base Ni is not just about movies, talking philosophy and being dreamy. If you knew theory you would know that. You should have more to say than that considering your relationships and friendships with IEI. Of course you want to make your duals sound like perfect angels but I know you must be joking about that holy Fi most of the time. Even you know better than that. If you could only see what goes on in the mind of Ni base and correctly interpret it then you would understand. You might show more respect for IEI than you do and not throw anyone who does not meet your strict EII guidelines (emotionally void people who accept you are the holy Te god and not question you) into beta. The only thing I am going to say about the bold part is... why do you still type teens then?

The rest is ok since it is all about your perception on how they make you feel and I have laughed in the middle of something before in response to what someone was saying or made a comment and people were surprised since they thought I was not paying attention. I guess it can come off dreamy. Being described like that now as an adult is kind of lame though. If that is the first thing someone who knew me well would say I would be a bit disappointed. My friends do say it looks like I am trance sometimes but that term doesn't bother me because that is when I am completely in the zone and when I come out I have clarity.

One of the first reports I brought home from grade school at the end of the year said I daydreamed too much. I was scolded by my ESI aunt for not paying attention and she wouldn't listen when I told her I wasn't daydreaming. She believed the teacher. My mom was more ok with it as long as my grades were good. It may have looked like I was daydreaming in class but most of the time I was already past what they were talking about so I would lose interest in what the teacher was saying to the others. My teachers knew I was above my grade levels (thanks to my aunt) and my grades didn't suffer from it.

My IEI brother brought home a different kind of report. They said he was disruptive because he would do something silly in class. Like the time a girl asked him to show what he had in his pants and she would show him first. She did it outside on the playground and then told him he had to wait until she wanted him to show it. She asked in class and poor thing actually dropped his pants for her in class. He was very young. I don't know if it was even 1st grade yet. My parents got called in for that one. They defended my brother of course with logic. I can't remember my EII sister getting in trouble or anything but she struggled more than my brother and me keeping good grades. She had to study more than both of us combined. She was always the dutiful one even as a little girl.

YWIMW

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general, I'd have to agree with this. But in some circumstances, it can be justified. An ILI, for example, wouldn't talk about things they like for too long since they prefer to look at what's missing (negativism). Thus, someone using the words "I love" excessively is probably not ILI.

It's best to use someone's language as a guide to see which (signed) functions they prefer rather than concluding someone's type based on their language. This works because language is the manifestation of our thought process and our thought process is predominantly governed by our preferred and strong functions; but, at the same time, we speak and think so much in a day that there is bound to be variability, meaning that hard standards would be overly simplistic.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Apparently Gulenko agrees that you can't type someone based just on phrases they use from what I was recently told by someone who studies with him. So you are not alone. I agree too.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    In general, I'd have to agree with this. But in some circumstances, it can be justified. An ILI, for example, wouldn't talk about things they like for too long since they prefer to look at what's missing (negativism). Thus, someone using the words "I love" excessively is probably not ILI.

It's best to use someone's language as a guide to see which (signed) functions they prefer rather than concluding someone's type based on their language. This works because language is the manifestation of our thought process and our thought process is predominantly governed by our preferred and strong functions; but, at the same time, we speak and think so much in a day that there is bound to be variability, meaning that hard standards would be overly simplistic.
    This makes some sense and is different than typing people based on random phrases or a paragraph here and there they have posted online.

When I was in a long term relationship with an ILI the only time I heard him use the word "love" was when he said it to me. I always said it first then he would respond with it. I had to train him to say it back even though I knew he did I still wanted to hear it too. He didn't even say he loved his parents the whole time I knew him. He may have used it in relation to something he studied or one of his hobbies at least once but I can't think of one time. I know he loved his cat because he cried a little when it died. He didn't even cry when his dad died. I don't recall my ILI step dad saying it either except rarely. He said my family said it so much it lost meaning. Not true but in his perception I guess it did. He told me he loved me and was proud of me on his death bed but he didn't have to. I already knew. I am glad he did. It was a beautiful ending to our father/daughter relationship.

If someone is effusive it is probably safe to assume they are not ILI but random phrases people say are often used to type and retype people on this forum. So yeah, I would not rule out ILI for someone online based on using the word "love" to describe an interest or even a relationship they were in but if they were showering me with compliments and being very emo I would consider other types first though. Anyone telling random people they love them or adore them and throwing <3s around I would not consider ILI first. I am more formal in writing than I am in natural conversation so people who have taken a phrase I used and mistyped me with it have annoyed me if they chased me with it so I can feel for some of the self types EII who are chased with INFP typing because they say something an EII would never say (In Russia) I don't have high expectations here anymore, not that I ever really did. I just find it funny when someone who considers themselves an expert on socionics or is seen as one by others consistently mistypes people.

Edit: I want to add I am not butthurt because sol mistypes me since he agrees with my self type. I just like making him work for it. He can be lazy translating his analysis of someone into English.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

First of all you have to know I have read the theory so don't patronize me. Base Ni is not just about movies, talking philosophy and being dreamy. If you knew theory you would know that. You should have more to say than that considering your relationships and friendships with IEI. Of course you want to make your duals sound like perfect angels but I know you must be joking about that holy Fi most of the time. Even you know better than that. If you could only see what goes on in the mind of Ni base and correctly interpret it then you would understand. You might show more respect for IEI than you do and not throw anyone who does not meet your strict EII guidelines (emotionally void people who accept you are the holy Te god and not question you) into beta. The only thing I am going to say about the bold part is... why do you still type teens then?

The rest is ok since it is all about your perception on how they make you feel and I have laughed in the middle of something before in response to what someone was saying or made a comment and people were surprised since they thought I was not paying attention. I guess it can come off dreamy. Being described like that now as an adult is kind of lame though. If that is the first thing someone who knew me well would say I would be a bit disappointed. My friends do say it looks like I am trance sometimes but that term doesn't bother me because that is when I am completely in the zone and when I come out I have clarity.

One of the first reports I brought home from grade school at the end of the year said I daydreamed too much. I was scolded by my ESI aunt for not paying attention and she wouldn't listen when I told her I wasn't daydreaming. She believed the teacher. My mom was more ok with it as long as my grades were good. It may have looked like I was daydreaming in class but most of the time I was already past what they were talking about so I would lose interest in what the teacher was saying to the others. My teachers knew I was above my grade levels (thanks to my aunt) and my grades didn't suffer from it.

My IEI brother brought home a different kind of report. They said he was disruptive because he would do something silly in class. Like the time a girl asked him to show what he had in his pants and she would show him first. She did it outside on the playground and then told him he had to wait until she wanted him to show it. She asked in class and poor thing actually dropped his pants for her in class. He was very young. I don't know if it was even 1st grade yet. My parents got called in for that one. They defended my brother of course with logic. I can't remember my EII sister getting in trouble or anything but she struggled more than my brother and me keeping good grades. She had to study more than both of us combined. She was always the dutiful one even as a little girl.
    I was hoping that you would ignore him. It’s funny to me that all the women that he’s attracted to are not and do not at all resemble EII. They are SEI, IEE, SEE.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EIIs is are VERY calm compared to EIEs and IEIs.

They demonstrate much emotional control and their emotions strike me as either glittering or hidden. Oddly, the same could be said for SEI except when SEI emotions are glittery they are also flourishing due to Fi being demonstrative coupled with the Si composure, plus they also get downright emotional like crying at a film rather easily.

Fe sentimentality and emotionalism is the Fi dominant's ignoring function.

EIIs are cool cats.
    My SEI nephew can have emotional crying fits whereas when I feel like having to cry about something I go into the bedroom or I do it late at night and if I’m in the car I hide my face. I am not comfortable displaying my emotions.
    -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast