Thread: Well, it is becoming more and more confirmed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Well, it is becoming more and more confirmed ....

I talked with a friend last night who I went to University with who is into MBTI, and he thinks that ENXp really makes sense for me [I have really really strong ]. Except that he says that I have a severe grip reaction when under stress [which comes out very very weak], and that I am possibly more of a thinker than feeler, but he is not sure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he does not mind me posting this -

------------------------------------------------------
    THISISMEHERE (11:56:12 AM): I wanted to ask you a question related to this
    GUYITALKEDTO (11:56:40 AM): okay
    THISISMEHERE (11:56:44 AM): http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...pic.php?t=6741
    THISISMEHERE (11:56:47 AM): tHAT IS ONE
    THISISMEHERE (11:56:51 AM): That is one
    THISISMEHERE (11:57:10 AM): I pretty much have my personality type rounded down to ENXp
    THISISMEHERE (11:57:36 AM): But, I never really talked about the issues much with anyone that knew me for any length of time
    THISISMEHERE (11:58:00 AM): Almost everyone on the forum think I am ENFp
    THISISMEHERE (11:58:25 AM): and a few others INFj
    THISISMEHERE (11:58:58 AM): I am wondering what you think, since you actually knew me?
    THISISMEHERE (11:59:29 AM): know, knew, etc.
    GUYITALKEDTO (11:59:29 AM): well, a few -simple- questions can clarify it...when u feel down, do u go by yourself to recharge, or do u need people to recharge?
    THISISMEHERE (11:59:52 AM): That is more of an MBTI type way of looking at it
    THISISMEHERE (12:00:27 PM): It is difficult to answer that I think
    THISISMEHERE (12:00:49 PM): because I would only be answering subjectivelly
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:01:11 PM): butt the subjective can still be used to clarify objectively
    THISISMEHERE (12:01:23 PM): If other people agree
    THISISMEHERE (12:01:46 PM): Plus
    THISISMEHERE (12:01:50 PM): there is another delimma
    THISISMEHERE (12:02:00 PM): I use ALOT of Extroverted Intuition
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:02:41 PM): NP, sure.
    THISISMEHERE (12:02:56 PM): But I also have lots of Introverted feeling and thinking, with a shadow of convoluted Extroverted Thinking
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:03:20 PM): one of the things we NP's have is a serious fluctuation (the p tends to make us more random) in our personality types.
    THISISMEHERE (12:03:57 PM): could be
    THISISMEHERE (12:04:51 PM): hmmm
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:04:54 PM): i know i think extrovertedly sometimes, but i tend to feel extrovertedly -most- of the time.
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:05:12 PM): but the dominant function is tntroverted intuition with me
    THISISMEHERE (12:05:15 PM): Cory, I think it is the Extroverted Feeling you use all the time
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:05:17 PM): *introverted
    THISISMEHERE (12:05:26 PM): that makes you look extroverted
    THISISMEHERE (12:05:39 PM): I could tell you were not an extrovert
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:05:42 PM): right exactly.
    THISISMEHERE (12:06:26 PM): The main thing that typed me off that you were INFp is the fact that you liked to invent debates
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:06:29 PM): i let my feelings be known, i think introspectively, and consequently, my feelings on my thoughts effect my outward attitudes.
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:06:37 PM): happens with -most- NP's on some level
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:06:57 PM): oh yeah?
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:06:58 PM): lol
    THISISMEHERE (12:07:11 PM): It is a key trait of INFps to do that, you know
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:07:11 PM): yeah...i finally got into a long debate with andy
    THISISMEHERE (12:07:35 PM): really? lol
    THISISMEHERE (12:07:51 PM): was he the one that would constantly make up these debates thatw ere just over random stuff
    THISISMEHERE (12:07:53 PM): ???
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:07:58 PM): yeah, he's got an interesting way of thinking about things. i dont even know what i'd classify him as.
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:08:04 PM): yeah
    THISISMEHERE (12:08:14 PM): He might be more of an ISFp
    THISISMEHERE (12:08:54 PM): He seems focused to me
    THISISMEHERE (12:09:02 PM): atleast from what I remember of him
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:09:22 PM): yeah that would be pretty close...probably ISFp, just kind od sociopathic.
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:09:25 PM): *of
    THISISMEHERE (12:09:34 PM): lol
    THISISMEHERE (12:10:18 PM): anyhow
    THISISMEHERE (12:10:32 PM): what is your opinion of my type, then?
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:10:36 PM): okay, well, assuming you are NP, and i know your tendency to think rather than to feel, or to react to an idea rather than to ponder it... or am i incorrect?
    THISISMEHERE (12:11:06 PM): that sounds about right
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:11:54 PM): ENXp probably isnt too far off. the x probably leans more toawrd thinking, and consequently you have a tendency toward a strong S grip reaction
    THISISMEHERE (12:12:13 PM): really?
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:12:23 PM): *pulls out a reference*
    THISISMEHERE (12:12:25 PM): You think I might be Sensory?
    THISISMEHERE (12:12:33 PM): oR HAVE SENSORY TENDENCIES?
    THISISMEHERE (12:12:39 PM): whoops
    THISISMEHERE (12:12:45 PM): Hmmm
    THISISMEHERE (12:12:54 PM): Extroverted Sensory perception?
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:13:12 PM): tendencies.
    THISISMEHERE (12:13:14 PM): I know that extroverted sensory perception tends towards being really witty with words
    THISISMEHERE (12:14:13 PM): But then there are the abstract tendencies
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:14:24 PM): yeah an introverted asensing function
    THISISMEHERE (12:14:42 PM): introverted sensing?
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:14:47 PM): *sensing; again, thats in a grip reaction situation
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:15:23 PM): yeah, obsessiveness with self and surroundings, perhaps solitude.
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:15:38 PM): passive-agressive....
    THISISMEHERE (12:15:39 PM): So, you think I could be extroverted intuitive, probably leaning towards thinking with introverted sensing tendencies
    THISISMEHERE (12:16:26 PM): hmmm
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:16:56 PM): hmm
    THISISMEHERE (12:17:05 PM): That sounds like either ENTp or ISTp
    THISISMEHERE (12:18:06 PM): Actually, I agree with that - the obessiveness with self and sorroundings, I do not think I have a good handle on that
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:18:09 PM): the other side of the x is the feeling factor, which is there, just not as dominant (of course, it -has- been awhile...)
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:18:51 PM): yeah and what could cause that sort of problem would be anything from physical exhaustion to say...oh....too much time focusing on what is real, solid, factual.
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:19:18 PM): or if someone crosses you on your values or whatnot.
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:19:23 PM): i know i hate that
    THISISMEHERE (12:19:46 PM): Yeah, it is the Fe
    THISISMEHERE (12:19:47 PM): lol
    THISISMEHERE (12:20:19 PM): Hmmm, I was rather physically exhausted the last few semesters before I left
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:20:37 PM): *nod*
    THISISMEHERE (12:21:33 PM): I would say that does put me as a Delta type
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:21:39 PM): i tend to think people are idiots, incompetent morons, and criticize them and then do something horribly mean and well thought out to them.
    THISISMEHERE (12:21:44 PM): not sure if you know what that is
    THISISMEHERE (12:21:55 PM): Haha, I know
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:21:59 PM): not really, socionics is a field i havent really ventured into yet
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:50:21 PM): anyway, did this answer your question?
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:51:28 PM): ENTp, grip -SF-.
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:51:45 PM): this actually makes alot more sense now that im thinkin about it
    THISISMEHERE (12:51:59 PM): Yeah, that makes sense in both the socionic and MBTI sense
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:52:02 PM): entp's tend to be more autonomous and independent
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:52:07 PM): which makes them look introverted
    THISISMEHERE (12:52:15 PM): exactly
    THISISMEHERE (12:53:00 PM): So I am guessing that by Grip you mean inferior functions?
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:53:54 PM): yeah, i do. what i mean is that under stress the inferior function is activated; a grip reaction.
    THISISMEHERE (12:54:45 PM): That makes total sense
    THISISMEHERE (12:55:31 PM): In socionics, an ENTp belongs to the Alpha Quadra (Ne,Ti,Si,Fe), which means that the tendency is Ne/Ti and Si/Fe
    GUYITALKEDTO (12:55:32 PM): now, how insane you are may play a factor in the other anomolous things that pop-up...lol
    THISISMEHERE (12:56:10 PM): LOL

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm

I always thought INFj for you. I just cant see ENFp although i dont really know you
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kkayyy.

You ain't an ENFp.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've though ENFp for a while, but recently I've seen arguements for INFj. The fact that someone who knows you irl says ENxp... well that means 100 times more than anything that anyone here could say. Sooooo...

ENFp it is.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Kkayyy.

You ain't an ENFp.
    He said that he wasn't sure, but from what he knows of me he said would go with thinking over feeling.

Of course, he also said that I have a style grip, which could also mean that if I was a feeler, I could have had episodes of really really trying to look intellectual. So, I think it is still probable. [Having an grip would also mean having dominant ]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Well, it is becoming more and more confirmed ....

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I talked with a friend last night who I went to University with who is into MBTI, and he thinks that ENXp really makes sense for me [I have really really strong ]. Except that he says that I have a severe grip reaction when under stress [which comes out very very weak], and that I am possibly more of a thinker than feeler, but he is not sure.
    I could see ENFp. INFj would be fatigued by Fi-Ti debates, willing to concede only where necessary to avoid additional hassle, but willing to spend time thinking about Ti. ENFp would not enjoy or want to think about Ti, but would find it more agrievating and therefore stimulating. The strategy to overcome Ti would be mainly Ne, since that is the less threatened trait. In turn, this might also activate Si, resulting in more "activity" stimulation and increased energy.

Another effect of being NeFi is that Se would be Role, which would be a "hassle" you easily can consider but rarely concede to unless necessary to avoid further effort. When not under stress, taking care of routine physical changes won't seem so bad, as long as it saves more work than it costs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah! I think he is right ... I was just reading what some ENFps (inferior ) do when they are under stress ... I've done that!

http://www.sharedpaths.com/myers-briggs/mb7.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was in serious stress at the most stressful time of my life, I obsessively cleaned. My mom thought I was becoming obsessive-compulsive.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I get really really obsessed, I get compulsive about making sure doors are locked and that I have everything before I leave. Or play games compulsivelly with myself over and over and over.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I've though ENFp for a while, but recently I've seen arguements for INFj. The fact that someone who knows you irl says ENxp... well that means 100 times more than anything that anyone here could say. Sooooo...

ENFp it is.
    HAHAHAHA Touche.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course, he also said that I have a style grip, which could also mean that if I was a feeler, I could have had episodes of really really trying to look intellectual. So, I think it is still probable. [Having an grip would also mean having dominant ]
    What does all of that mean? What's a style grip?

If you're an ENFp, you'll still have Te as your 6th function, and the 6th is supposed to be one we like using and find attractive. So that could complicate things. Sometimes the first thing people see of me, or the first reaction I'll make public, is a Te one. Guys probably get respected more for Te than for Fi, so perhaps that complicates things still more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Hmm

I always thought INFj for you. I just cant see ENFp although i dont really know you
    And I just can't see INFJ.
    For one thing INFJ is generally not the type that effectively deals with emotions by venting them out and then letting them go. And it is a very good and healthy way of processing emotions, but it just never has worked for me, and I have not really seen other INFJs engaging it either.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    What does all of that mean? What's a style grip?

If you're an ENFp, you'll still have Te as your 6th function, and the 6th is supposed to be one we like using and find attractive. So that could complicate things. Sometimes the first thing people see of me, or the first reaction I'll make public, is a Te one. Guys probably get respected more for Te than for Fi, so perhaps that complicates things still more.
    grips means that I have as a 5th [dual-seeking] function ...

I also tend to use in public ... I do not think it is very good , though.