I was looking for a topic like this but couldn't find it so I figured I'd just ask.

Which function would you say we rebel with/through as we grow up? Considering that teenage rebellion is a process that encompasses the whole person, is there one functinon that would be connected to this more than others?

I was thinking along these lines: rebelling serves as a means of establishing our boundaries, defining ourselves, so it's connected to ourselves as much as it is to people around us, our parents, other authorities but also friends etc. We choose who and what to let in and who and what to keep out. So would you say that is only related to becoming aware of our base and creative functions? Or are any other functions playing a major role in the process as well?

Maybe you could share your personal experiences with that: what were the ways you rebelled? Can you spot a connection to any of your functions?

Personally, I rebelled through starting to pay attention to my personal creature comforts, aesthetic values etc., placing them above those of people in authority of me. That's pretty Si. I don't know my type, so I can only speculate . But Si is definitely not my strong suit. And so, my rebellion didn't really stick with me (my guess is it rarely does). I sort of mastered putting together outfits that worked for my personal preference (stopped listening to my family) and I got the hang of music that I really liked (stopped following a group of peers). I don't really value these things so much anymore. They didn't stick. So it would seem I used my Si and then got bored with it because too much focus on it grew tiring. It was important for a while and then lost its appeal. And so it is with Si things in my life in general: it's something that I can enjoy and do but it's not necessary and I consider focusing on it a bit childish. So that sounds like... Hidden Agenda? This is just an individual example, tho, and I'm sure others have different experiences.

Hope I'm not entirely off base&hope to hear your thoughts!