Thread: INTj

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default INTj

Do you know any INTj who are studying philosophy and physics?
    My INTj friend is in an illusionary relationship with an ENFj and I wonder if he is just escaping
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    My INTj friend is in an illusionary relationship with an ENFj and I wonder if he is just escaping
    I'm currently studying math and physics and have met many who are studying philosophy and physics. Both subjects are very Ti heavy, so it makes sense for an INTj to enjoy them.
    They seem to enjoy it because both subjects are fundamental to how we understand the world, and they form the bedrock of our thinking. They want to understand the most basic assumptions we make and whether they are reasonable or not so that our thinking is not irrational (not in the socionics sense). They are also very heavy in alpha values and Ne, though holographic panoramic thinking is evident.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019 | 5w6 538 sp/sx

TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Those were my college majors during the 1st two years. And math. I could only afford 3 years. Got As. It was not an escape from reality. It was developing the intellect, problem solving abilities transferable to any discipline, and enjoying the beauty of creation with one's intellect. For me it included efforts toward loving divinity with all my mind per traditional Western religious commandment. My employer cares about what I studied because solving novel problems analytically is part of the daily job.

INTJ & ENFJ are semiduals.
    ~* astralsilky

4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. LII and EIE are semi duals.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEI-2Ni 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I study philosophy at the moment. One of my friends from there is an LII, and so is everyone's favourite professor. From what I've seen, philosophy is pretty much NT territory. I much prefer history though.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I studied math but my research definitely overlaps with philosophy and physics.

Why do you think he is trying to escape?
    The higher, the fewer

Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog