Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 69 of 69

Thread: Let's discuss SLE

  1. #41
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    23,010
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    Ime, SLEs are sweet, almost saccharine. They're like polar bears that give hugs or something. They have a sense of duty towards the people they love. I kind of tend to see them as providers, in the same vein as LSIs... A whole lot of bravado, you have to realize the whole of the beta quadra is somewhat theatrical and not just EIEs. They like dramatic displays of emotion and like being in an emotionally charged environment.

    Betas in general tend to have a "fuck the system" mentality and you see this in SLEs most overtly. I don't necessarily mean rioting in the street or something, more like doing things in an unconventional way. Alphas are like that too, but Betas tend to be more "in your face" about it.

    The ones I know are real gentlemen/ladies and they are surprisingly submissive as well. My brother is an SLE and he never says "no" to any of my whims. I've seen him accompany me and look bored to death, but he never says no.

    Respect is also a big deal, give and take respect, but you also need to be able to command respect. This is more for LSIs, I think (not sure). They're aware of power dynamics and so can easily become a protector of the weak. Aristocratic? Yes. Snobbish? No. As for the whole `clan` thing... it's probably true? It's more like wanting to be in a place where I get to make all the rules, where everyone knows their place, where I'm respected and my worth is acknowledged, etc. Betas tend to like hierarchical systems. I think Deltas are also very clan-ish in that sense? (not sure)

    What do you think @sbbds accurate or am I mistaken?
    Yes that’s why they love Shakespeare. By the way I went to London with my SLE friend who put the Shakespeare theater on our agenda and every time she visits me in LA she wants to see a play by the Shakespeare company. Lol Shakespeare is extremely emotionally charged. As you can imagine very few Delta there.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    ILe-nE
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Kinda sorta looks LSE ish

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    ILe-nE
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #44
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    23,010
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Definitely SLe
    Quote Originally Posted by karas View Post
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  5. #45
    a two horned unicorn renegade Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Playing with your head
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 LEFV
    Posts
    3,816
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Beware of the hungry arctic everyday SLE's. Especially do not feed them.
    Sol mb F type due to his inability to think alternatives.


  6. #46
    Process becomes static when called dynamic para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Examining the void between this and that
    TIM
    Boundless
    Posts
    586
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What i truly admire and respect about a SLE i know is her ability to stand up and do what she thinks is the right thing, unwavering. Of course, i have been in many debates with her about what the right thing might BE, but it is something that i admire nonetheless. To protect the weak in that fashion is something i find very attractive.
    Nothing is so difficult as not deceiving oneself.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,537
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    Ime, SLEs are sweet, almost saccharine. They're like polar bears that give hugs or something. They have a sense of duty towards the people they love.
    When they are in a positive mood with their Fe HA then yes this is true. When they are not, the opposite is true. Level of health of course matters in this a lot like for any other type too.

    I do think in general it would be good to add the conditions for when the statement is true instead of trying to generalise to the entire type as is. (Not trying to address you personally with this, this is more general.)

  8. #48
    Pano Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    A mystery
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Yes that’s why they love Shakespeare. By the way I went to London with my SLE friend who put the Shakespeare theater on our agenda and every time she visits me in LA she wants to see a play by the Shakespeare company. Lol Shakespeare is extremely emotionally charged. As you can imagine very few Delta there.

    I love Shakespeare! The bard is one of my favorite poets! I have memorized lines from his plays. There's nothing I love more than intense, often times tragic emotions. Take a look at my siggy. The quotes are from Wuthering Heights, one of my favorite books. It's funny, because Charlotte Bronte (the author of Jane Eyre) and Emily Bronte (the author of Wuthering Heights) are Gamma and Beta respectively. Emily Bronte's book was published after her death - she died at a young age after writing one book - and Charlotte Bronte did the editing to make it more palatable lol. Charlotte B really disapproved of her sister's writing lol. Fe vs Fi xD
    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"



    "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"




  9. #49
    Pano Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    A mystery
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    When they are in a positive mood with their Fe HA then yes this is true. When they are not, the opposite is true. Level of health of course matters in this a lot like for any other type too.

    I do think in general it would be good to add the conditions for when the statement is true instead of trying to generalise to the entire type as is. (Not trying to address you personally with this, this is more general.)

    Oh, I thought I had made it clear I was talking about my personal experience with the type. Ofc, the good and the bad are both true, there are good and bad examples of every type. I will make it more clear in the future


    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"



    "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"




  10. #50
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    23,010
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post

    I love Shakespeare! The bard is one of my favorite poets! I have memorized lines from his plays. There's nothing I love more than intense, often times tragic emotions. Take a look at my siggy. The quotes are from Wuthering Heights, one of my favorite books. It's funny, because Charlotte Bronte (the author of Jane Eyre) and Emily Bronte (the author of Wuthering Heights) are Gamma and Beta respectively. Emily Bronte's book was published after her death - she died at a young age after writing one book - and Charlotte Bronte did the editing to make it more palatable lol. Charlotte B really disapproved of her sister's writing lol. Fe vs Fi xD
    Oh I forget. The Delta were the actors. Among them was an ISTP and an ENFP. My SLE friend stood mesmerized and staring at the SLI. I think she fell in love with him but has no idea that he ignores Se lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  11. #51
    We are approximately 40% related to mice. Hard Headed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    TIM
    ENTj-Te 1w9
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    In my experience - they'll be fine with you one-on-one but may try to socially bully you when in presence of their "true" friends or such.

    Not that I'm the master at choosing who to hang out with, mind you.
    I agree with this perspective. The ESTp that I knew well, would frequently show off and put on a facade when in public or with friends. (Se) However, in personal interaction, he was somewhat insecure and 'soft'.

  12. #52
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,381
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    What i truly admire and respect about a SLE i know is her ability to stand up and do what she thinks is the right thing, unwavering. Of course, i have been in many debates with her about what the right thing might BE, but it is something that i admire nonetheless. To protect the weak in that fashion is something i find very attractive.
    Yes, protecting the weak is the right use of strength.
    ~* astralsilky

    4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  13. #53
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    TIM
    LSI 6w5 sp
    Posts
    2,149
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    Betas tend to like hierarchical systems.
    I think it's more accurate to say betas like to change and improve hierarchical systems. There is a huge misconception that betas like hierarchy for it's own sake. Mussolini for example actually held anarchist beliefs in his youth before turning to fascism. He was unhappy with the system and simply wanted it destroyed at first. As he became more educated he began to realize that hierarchy and people ruling over each is something that will exist no matter what, so instead he sought change the system to make aligned to the welfare and progress of the people and to remove all parasitic, pragmatic self-serving elements from both the state and nation as a whole (Hitler had these same views as well, hence their alliance).

    People who say they like hierarchy in it's modern day capitalistic form are Te types, especially Gammas and LIEs in particular. Te and pragmatism are the biggest assets in climbing most of today's hierarchies. Betas like Hitler and Mussolini instead sought to make hierarchy strictly centered around merit and to prevent backstabbers, self-servers and ruthless cutthroats from being able to rise in the hierarchy as much as possible.

  14. #54
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    México
    TIM
    ESI-Se subtype 8w9
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Headed View Post
    I had an ESTp-Se friend for much of high school and college. He currently attends college on a football scholarship and is employed as a security officer.

    He had his own 'clan', which often included members of the high school football and basketball team. He greatly enjoyed the camaraderie and physical contact aspects of the sport environment.

    He was quite egotistical, stubborn, and 'loud', occasionally appearing arrogant. He was also much into fashion, specifically accessories.

    He was not 'bossy' or domineering. Traits that I find more common in ESFps and ISTjs.

    He did not date/sleep around. He dated two girls, whom I thought both were ESFps. Eventually, he tried to secretly hit on my ISFj-Se girlfriend, which led to the dissolution of our friendship.
    Looks like he made you feel insecure imo

  15. #55
    We are approximately 40% related to mice. Hard Headed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    TIM
    ENTj-Te 1w9
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    Looks like he made you feel insecure imo
    How so?

  16. #56
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    México
    TIM
    ESI-Se subtype 8w9
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Headed View Post
    How so?
    By being overly abrasive, domineering and expressive.

  17. #57
    We are approximately 40% related to mice. Hard Headed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    TIM
    ENTj-Te 1w9
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    By being overly abrasive, domineering and expressive.
    I had an ESTp-Se friend for much of high school and college. He currently attends college on a football scholarship and is employed as a security officer. Objective

    He had his own 'clan', which often included members of the high school football and basketball team. He greatly enjoyed the camaraderie and physical contact aspects of the sport environment. Objective

    He was quite egotistical, stubborn, and 'loud', occasionally appearing arrogant. Subjective- negative He was also much into fashion, specifically accessories. Objective

    He was not 'bossy' or domineering. Traits that I find more common in ESFps and ISTjs. Subjective- positive

    He did not date/sleep around. He dated two girls, whom I thought both were ESFps. Eventually, he tried to secretly hit on my ISFj-Se girlfriend, which led to the dissolution of our friendship. Objective
    I provide organized information of my personal experience with an individual that I identify as an ESTp which correlates to the conversation. I hope my experience may be useful. I do not care about your feelings.

    Overly abrasive
    I am not insulting the ESTp or others. I am listing basic facts about him, in addition on how he came across by me and his peers.
    Example of overly abrasive: He was a person that spent the majority of his allowance on shoes, socks, headbands, and sport gear; that flunked high school and represented your stereotypical jock. Objective

    Domineering
    I do not see how I am establishing or provoking any power play.
    Example of domineering: He resembled a little brother to me, correlating to benefactor and beneficiary. He frequently asked for my advice, money, and car rides. Objective

    Expressive
    To better and directly communicate my message.
    I am not even sure if this is a negative in an online forum context...

  18. #58
    DRANG NACH BETA NF Oppai Anschluss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In the place
    TIM
    LSI-C 683 sx/so
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    People who say they like hierarchy in it's modern day capitalistic form are Te types, especially Gammas and LIEs in particular. Te and pragmatism are the biggest assets in climbing most of today's hierarchies. Betas like Hitler and Mussolini instead sought to make hierarchy strictly centered around merit and to prevent backstabbers, self-servers and ruthless cutthroats from being able to rise in the hierarchy as much as possible.
    Straight out of the gate, love it and 99% agree. I'd only question if a de dicto and de re distinction is worth drawing here for Gamma. Hierarchy is concretely and demonstrably unavoidable and is not negative in abstract (only in instance). A Gamma age however is ostensibly and avowedly non-hierarchical with a lot of goofy rhetoric about boot straps, elbow grease, and meritocracy. So in a consciously, de dicto, stated explicit sense a Gamma era is not hierarchical in an overtly enforced sense while it very obviously in point of unavoidable fact produces an individualistic, de re, hierarchy of rootless robber barons based on capital accumulation with no sense of group membership or obligation.

    Just felt the need to draw that out as a contrast to Delta, whose era builds an implicit, unfixed, shifting, imperial, unavowable but none the less zealously enforced hierarchy based on ostensible anti-hierarchy--which is the inverse of the beta that is overt and honest, laying out clearly what the score is, what your requirements are and what you can expect from the greater whole.
    Last edited by Oppai Anschluss; 01-16-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    LSI-C 6w5 8w9 3w4 sx/so

    Every problem on earth can be solved by the liberal application of ordnance

    "Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life."


  19. #59
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    México
    TIM
    ESI-Se subtype 8w9
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Headed View Post
    I provide organized information of my personal experience with an individual that I identify as an ESTp which correlates to the conversation. I hope my experience may be useful. I do not care about your feelings.

    Overly abrasive
    I am not insulting the ESTp or others. I am listing basic facts about him, in addition on how he came across by me and his peers.
    Example of overly abrasive: He was a person that spent the majority of his allowance on shoes, socks, headbands, and sport gear; that flunked high school and represented your stereotypical jock. Objective

    Domineering
    I do not see how I am establishing or provoking any power play.
    Example of domineering: He resembled a little brother to me, correlating to benefactor and beneficiary. He frequently asked for my advice, money, and car rides. Objective

    Expressive
    To better and directly communicate my message.
    I am not even sure if this is a negative in an online forum context...
    Lmao dude, are you okay? I also meant he was, not you. You only came as insecure to me.

    I don't care about your feelings
    When did I even brought them up

    The Chad ESTp vs the Virgin ENTj

  20. #60
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,461
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    Looks like he made you feel insecure imo
    The funny thing is with some people you only have to imply they’re insecure to make them start feeling and acting insecure.

  21. #61

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,157
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    1. Able to make lasting relations
    not easy for P types

    > 2. Protective. From an SLE friend "You can recognize an ESTP by his tribes. They have many groups loyal to them, like my crew for the last 12 years, my team in the office. Older ESTP’s, i.e. over 40 years old, also tend to have deeper meaningful relationships (Fe-Ni). We are protectors of the people in our tribe. The people under my wing have a lion at the gate.
    I still feel responsible for people who worked in my team many years ago. If their current manager doesn’t treat them well, I will kick his ass. I see the same with two ESTP managers and I love to see how they operate!"

    as E types they are open to people and as base Se tend to control what happens near in T-S ways
    doubtfuly to say about more of specifical

    > 4. Strive to provide the highest quality in goods and service.

    depends
    to provide the higher profit and do the work in time is offen the opposite task

    > 5. Work at something for a very long time. Work in science diligently. Dedicate to something they take pleasure in for a long time Ni.

    mb for something, but not common for P types

    > 6. Can be extremely frugal living on a skimpy means.

    more they tend to pose and to get image things, to show the status and high income

    > 7. Humor, funny, even in subtle ways.

    doubtful compared to F types

    > 8. Sympathetic

    it's Fi. so not about T types and especially Ti ones

    > 9. Want to be LOVED so they are among the most sympathetic types.

    more want to get excitements and external respect. it's Fe valued type!

    > 10. Strong...consistently physically train at something

    the minority does sport training

    > 11. Can make harsh or rude jokes that may offend sensitive Fi types

    rude jokes may offent anyone

    you like SLEs (as should)
    and do not like type's theory as said strange in some places
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  22. #62

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,537
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    Lmao dude, are you okay? I also meant he was, not you. You only came as insecure to me.

    When did I even brought them up

    The Chad ESTp vs the Virgin ENTj
    How about you stop projecting your own issues onto others. As the first step for you to make.

    And then for the second step, learn to read.

    For the third step, go back to the original post by @Hard Headed and see how your responses to it were really off.

    Hint: he called the SLE egotistical yet not domineering.

  23. #63
    Pano Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    A mystery
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I think it's more accurate to say betas like to change and improve hierarchical systems. There is a huge misconception that betas like hierarchy for it's own sake. Mussolini for example actually held anarchist beliefs in his youth before turning to fascism. He was unhappy with the system and simply wanted it destroyed at first. As he became more educated he began to realize that hierarchy and people ruling over each is something that will exist no matter what, so instead he sought change the system to make aligned to the welfare and progress of the people and to remove all parasitic, pragmatic self-serving elements from both the state and nation as a whole (Hitler had these same views as well, hence their alliance).

    People who say they like hierarchy in it's modern day capitalistic form are Te types, especially Gammas and LIEs in particular. Te and pragmatism are the biggest assets in climbing most of today's hierarchies. Betas like Hitler and Mussolini instead sought to make hierarchy strictly centered around merit and to prevent backstabbers, self-servers and ruthless cutthroats from being able to rise in the hierarchy as much as possible.
    I think I mentioned it in my other posts, betas definitely embody the spirit of rebellion. I think heirarchy is more a beta ST thing than it is for Beta NFs. One of the reasons why LSI is EIEs dual is because of how good LSI is at creating systems. Same goes for SLE, but SLEs are a lot more expensive, I think. EIE is a very scattered type. I do appreciate knowing my place, and others knowing their place. I'm not quite sure what you mean by capitalistic heirarchies... I was more talking about social/societal and even in relation to other people.
    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"



    "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"




  24. #64
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    23,010
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    not easy for P types

    > 2. Protective. From an SLE friend "You can recognize an ESTP by his tribes. They have many groups loyal to them, like my crew for the last 12 years, my team in the office. Older ESTP’s, i.e. over 40 years old, also tend to have deeper meaningful relationships (Fe-Ni). We are protectors of the people in our tribe. The people under my wing have a lion at the gate.
    I still feel responsible for people who worked in my team many years ago. If their current manager doesn’t treat them well, I will kick his ass. I see the same with two ESTP managers and I love to see how they operate!"

    as E types they are open to people and as base Se tend to control what happens near in T-S ways
    doubtfuly to say about more of specifical

    > 4. Strive to provide the highest quality in goods and service.

    depends
    to provide the higher profit and do the work in time is offen the opposite task

    > 5. Work at something for a very long time. Work in science diligently. Dedicate to something they take pleasure in for a long time Ni.

    mb for something, but not common for P types

    > 6. Can be extremely frugal living on a skimpy means.

    more they tend to pose and to get image things, to show the status and high income

    > 7. Humor, funny, even in subtle ways.

    doubtful compared to F types

    > 8. Sympathetic

    it's Fi. so not about T types and especially Ti ones

    > 9. Want to be LOVED so they are among the most sympathetic types.

    more want to get excitements and external respect. it's Fe valued type!

    > 10. Strong...consistently physically train at something

    the minority does sport training

    > 11. Can make harsh or rude jokes that may offend sensitive Fi types

    rude jokes may offent anyone

    you like SLEs (as should)
    and do not like type's theory as said strange in some places
    I like most people sol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  25. #65
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    México
    TIM
    ESI-Se subtype 8w9
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    How about you stop projecting your own issues onto others. As the first step for you to make.

    And then for the second step, learn to read.

    For the third step, go back to the original post by @Hard Headed and see how your responses to it were really off.

    Hint: he called the SLE egotistical yet not domineering.
    I wasn't projecting my own issues, he just seemed to be insecure and I mentioned the reasons why. I rarely have had any problems with SLEs so that doesn't really work.

  26. #66
    We are approximately 40% related to mice. Hard Headed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    TIM
    ENTj-Te 1w9
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey @Myst, don't worry about it- just ignore them.

    I am Kanren; you helped me with my member's questionnaire a few years ago. Hope you are doing well, it is nice seeing you.

  27. #67

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,445
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    They are aggressive and self confident. The males usually get in trouble with the law. They like to test boundaries/limits, and invoke others with feeling. But they also have a sweet playful/manipulative "innocent" side that IEIs tend to love and deltas tend to loathe. Not valuing Te, they tend to like more informal power structures where they won because they were more rawly powerful rather than through faggy and weak overly PC democratic institutions.

    They indirectly inspire their duals to be more confident/outgoing because they are this way, it's often over-the-top confidence that the "victim" in the relationship has no choice but to be more easier on themselves, and less victim-y as well. That kinda explains the ease of communication between the dual pairs. But it has to be complementary, many times the IEI is too shy/too SEI-like to even be around the SLE, and the SLE might find the IEI too weak, out-of-reach, and/or pathetic. But "ideally" if other factors are present, this is how it works.

  28. #68
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oppai Anschluss View Post
    Straight out of the gate, love it and 99% agree. I'd only question if a de dicto and de re distinction is worth drawing here for Gamma. Hierarchy is concretely and demonstrably unavoidable and is not negative in abstract (only in instance). A Gamma age however is ostensibly and avowedly non-hierarchical with a lot of goofy rhetoric about boot straps, elbow grease, and meritocracy. So in a consciously, de dicto, stated explicit sense a Gamma era is not hierarchical in an overtly enforced sense while it very obviously in point of unavoidable fact produces an individualistic, de re, hierarchy of rootless robber barons based on capital accumulation with no sense of group membership or obligation.

    Just felt the need to draw that out as a contrast to Delta, whose era builds an implicit, unfixed, shifting, imperial, unavowable but none the less zealously enforced hierarchy based on ostensible anti-hierarchy--which is the inverse of the beta that is overt and honest, laying out clearly what the score is, what your requirements are and what you can expect from the greater whole.

    I agree here. However, I think the hiearchy is way more implicit--->'this' guys, or girls opinions about who what how and should, are what we all need to follow.

    For example, I'm thinking Whoppi Goldberg and the 15 years of harping on the View.

    Edit: another example is the straight forward moralizing of the Hodge Twins.

    Its more of a : you can follow my hierarchal opinion here, but why wouldn't you, are you crazy, or something?

    On the dark side of the spectrum its bullying, with, or without teeth. Depends.

  29. #69

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,537
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    I think I mentioned it in my other posts, betas definitely embody the spirit of rebellion. I think heirarchy is more a beta ST thing than it is for Beta NFs. One of the reasons why LSI is EIEs dual is because of how good LSI is at creating systems. Same goes for SLE, but SLEs are a lot more expensive, I think. EIE is a very scattered type. I do appreciate knowing my place, and others knowing their place. I'm not quite sure what you mean by capitalistic heirarchies... I was more talking about social/societal and even in relation to other people.
    Scattered like?

    PS: I'll respond to your other stuff later, I'll have a bit more time soon


    Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    I wasn't projecting my own issues, he just seemed to be insecure and I mentioned the reasons why. I rarely have had any problems with SLEs so that doesn't really work.
    Meant general issues more than related to experiences with SLE. Like why get at someone else like that without them doing anything if it didn't trigger something for yourself. But I'm not going to beat at this further, I already made my points before.

    PS: And I don't know you otherwise, so this isn't personal like that. If you want to actually go on with some answer tho', PM me, instead of off topic, this is already enough off topic lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Headed View Post
    Hey @Myst, don't worry about it- just ignore them.

    I am Kanren; you helped me with my member's questionnaire a few years ago. Hope you are doing well, it is nice seeing you.
    Hey, yeah, I remember you. Yeah, I hope the same for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •