Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: If you care about accurate intertype relations

  1. #1
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Talking If you care about accurate intertype relations

    then you may want to take most of my posts seriously even though I am not a Te type per se.

    Sticking to profiles alone without considering how all the pieces of relations intersect can lead you to believing in inaccurate typings indefinitely - a relatively common phenomenon.

    I've been studying people and temperaments in some form or another since I was 7 (1981) because I am a peaceloving introverted feeler by nature who always was interested in how to accurately "read" others. This is also a kind of behavioral intelligence which is not necessarily always easily found with a person just because they may be a thinker.
    ~* astralsilky

    4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  2. #2
    Metaphysician thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    7,876
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    then you may want to take most of my posts seriously
    ...or else
    The higher, the fewer

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

  3. #3
    The Neighborhood Witch Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol, who even are you?
    ~ || Taurus ☼ || Capricorn || Scorpio ↑ || ~
    ~ || Slytherin || ~


  4. #4
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    23,273
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree. The whole picture should be considered
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,341
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find that some people are more stereotypically like their type descriptions, and others less so. The latter might have a harder time being typed correctly.
    Last edited by Uncle Ave; 01-04-2019 at 10:14 AM.


  6. #6
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find that some people are right-handed. The rest are not right-handed.

  7. #7
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I find that some people are right-handed. The rest are not right-handed.
    hee hee
    ~* astralsilky

    4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,341
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    A good way to turn my point upside down.


  9. #9
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    uoıʇɐpɹɐʇǝɹ

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,341
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Leave me alone


  11. #11
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Leave me alone
    Use reason, not emotions to get your point across.

  12. #12
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,581
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Lol, who even are you?
    It's the fucking messiah of Socionics. Bow down.
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,341
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do not wish to communicate with you further.

    I have put you on ignore, I suggest you do the same with me. Or at least, stop harassing me.

    I will not "police" what you say, I don't even want to read it except you keep reacting to me. Stop that.


  14. #14
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    :>

  15. #15
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    4,769
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    It's the fucking messiah of Socionics. Bow down.
    They say that people are prone to overstate their qualities if they think their audience doesn't know how good they are, and understate them if they do.
    @vesstheastralsilky's descriptions of SLIs and LSIs are among the best I've seen, in terms of how they interact with the world.

  16. #16
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    4,769
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I do not wish to communicate with you further.

    I have put you on ignore, I suggest you do the same with me. Or at least, stop harassing me.

    I will not "police" what you say, I don't even want to read it except you keep reacting to me. Stop that.
    @Uncle Ave, have you seen her method of flirting with Singu? I think she likes you.

  17. #17
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You’re ruining everything @Adam Strange .

  18. #18
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    4,769
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    You’re ruining everything @Adam Strange .
    Damn. I'm sorry.

  19. #19
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol

  20. #20
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you very kindly @Adam Strange. I appreciate your input a lot. What did you think of my praise for EIEs? My suspicions tell me that many who have mistyped might not agree or recognize the profile. I am using multiple people I have known well for a long time very intimately before extrapolating from my experiences FIRST and THEN writing theory... And as many know, I am trying to manage strong subtypes enough to be different distinct types and vi considerations too among others. The hardest thing after so much studying is knowing my own type because it is hard to be objective that way!

    Anyway, many lols in this thread so far.

    Truth be told, back when I posted as astralsilky and overidentified with my SuperEgo, no one questioned my typings or logic or data then when I simply said I think I might be ILI back then. I was gathering data and learning. Then when I finally gain some certainty of knowledge accumulated (some not all) and assert the certainties, I get a lot of flack it seems simply because of being an SEI. So that is why I get defensive sometimes. I am an atypical SEI who has had an unusually hard life and had to adapt too much.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-04-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

    4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  21. #21
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sometimes I wonder how thicc Singu is though

    ok sorry enough derailing

  22. #22
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    TIM
    National Bolshevik
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    When it comes to being taken seriously I assure you no one gives a shit whether your an NT type or polr logic. All that matters is how you present yourself and your knowledge.

  23. #23
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    4,769
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Being a Victim in a Victim-Aggressor relationship sucks in many ways.

    I'm a Victim, but I'm not very Victimy, in the sense that I prefer to make my interest in an ESI that I want to date obviously known and to actively chase her. This presents her with some confusing signals. She is unconsciously wondering if this guy who is chasing her is the right guy, because her dual is the one whom she chases. She wonders, "Is this guy an SLE or an LSE? If so, then Bad Karma." Unfortunately, I think this has been a big problem in my efforts at dating so far.

    I was perfectly passive around the first ESI that I interacted with for over a year, mainly because I thought she was an EII and therefore a bad match for me. Eventually, she started to chase me in ways which were obvious to everyone. It was kind of embarrassing (although flattering) because I was older than her father and I thought "This would be a really bad idea", although in retrospect, I'm not so sure about that anymore.

    After this experience, when I first started dating an extremely hot LSI, we were sitting on her couch watching a movie with our legs in contact and I basically wanted to overpower her and take her right there, but I thought "No, Adam. Let's see if this Socionics stuff is true at all. So do nothing. Act passive and oblivious to what is happening." And it worked. She came to a conclusion about me (or my type), ripped off my clothes and climbed on top. So, that worked.

    But with the LSI, I wasn't looking at it as a long term thing. With an ESI that I genuinely like, it's going to be a lot harder for me to act like I don't care.

    Did I mention that this truly sucks?

  24. #24
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    When it comes to being taken seriously I assure you no one gives a shit whether your an NT type or polr logic. All that matters is how you present yourself and your knowledge.
    Ok. Well fwiw I share knowledge bc I want to help others gain understanding to promote more peace and happiness in THAT way - knowledge - to be honest. And I hope I don't mislead others as much old data has mislead me before. I know how potentially frustrating it can be if you really need the truth amid mounds of contradictory data, yet circumstances won't permit an easy believism. So I empathize with everyone learning and still have respect for those who have learned a lot, even if they present a different view or make me question things sometimes. Iron sharpens iron. I would love to see something like socionics go mainstream, eliminate most modern psychological pathology labeling, and help societies get more effective through higher awareness of the human condition for the good of all. In particular, it would be wonderful to see reforms in careers, job titles and pay by redefining what equality truly means amid our differences, and knowing for example that not all types are capable of fighting for themselves, for enough pay, for room to express their true talents rather than fit into illmolds better suited for others. Breathing room is needed so to speak to solve many social ills through understanding that goes deeper than in the past.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-04-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

    4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  25. #25
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    4,769
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Thank you very kindly @Adam Strange. I appreciate your input a lot. What did you think of my praise for EIEs? My suspicions tell me that many who have mistyped might not agree or recognize the profile. I am using multiple people I have known well for a long time very intimately before extrapolating from my experiences FIRST and THEN writing theory... And as many know, I am trying to manage strong subtypes enough to be different distinct types and vi considerations too among others. The hardest thing after so much studying is knowing my own type because it is hard to be objective that way!

    Anyway, many lols in this thread so far.

    Truth be told, back when I posted as astrasilky and overidentified with my SuperEgo, no one questioned my typings or logic or data then when I simply said I think I might be ILI back then. I was gathering data and learning. Then when I finally gain some certainty of knowledge accumulated (some not all) and assert the certainties, I get a lot of flack it seems simply because of being an SEI. So that is why I get defensive sometimes. I am an atypical SEI who has had an unusually hard life and had to adapt too much.
    I didn't comment on the EIE post because I only know two EIE's, and neither of them well.

    You are definitely not ILI. I have a lot of ILI friends, and you are very different from them. Personally, I completely agree with your self-typing, based on the SEI's whom I know IRL.

    And yes, you are an atypical SEI. You are actually one of the smartest people I know.

  26. #26
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,581
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how thicc Singu is though

    ok sorry enough derailing
    @Singu now's your chance ^
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  27. #27
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @sbbds you can derail my threads all you like : )
    ~* astralsilky

    4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  28. #28
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yay!

  29. #29
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Babooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    Ne/Si 479 so/sx
    Posts
    600
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    uoıʇɐpɹɐʇǝɹ
    I hate myself for chuckling at this, what the fuck.
    It got worse when I actually bent my neck and the phone in order to read it.
    4w3 7w6 9w1 so/sx

    "You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it."

  30. #30
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,590
    Mentioned
    851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    then you may want to take most of my posts seriously even though I am not a Te type per se.

    Sticking to profiles alone without considering how all the pieces of relations intersect can lead you to believing in inaccurate typings indefinitely - a relatively common phenomenon.

    I've been studying people and temperaments in some form or another since I was 7 (1981) because I am a peaceloving introverted feeler by nature who always was interested in how to accurately "read" others. This is also a kind of behavioral intelligence which is not necessarily always easily found with a person just because they may be a thinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Lol, who even are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    It's the fucking messiah of Socionics. Bow down.
    Wait, did Sol's anima escape again?!

    I kid, I don't know silky since they joined while I was away...carry on taking them serious, or not. I have an astral plane to catch...

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     




  31. #31
    Blackberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    0-D ISTp sx/sp
    Posts
    2,477
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I find that some people are more stereotypically like their type descriptions, and others less so. The latter might have a harder time being typed correctly.
    yeah, like those ESI who are N.

  32. #32
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Babooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    Ne/Si 479 so/sx
    Posts
    600
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why is everyone bullying Ave today
    4w3 7w6 9w1 so/sx

    "You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •