Thread: How :Ni: PoLR looks like

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How :Ni: PoLR looks like

is the ability to see the meaning and development of a concept or situation. So someone who is both weak and unvalued at is blind to how insignificant something is and gets argumentative for not taking immediate action. Here is a good example of a common dialogue that occurs between an -valuing and an -PoLR type.

-PoLR: Are you going to vote for giant douche?
    -valuing: Nah. I [correctly, because of strong and valued ] don't see any difference between giant douche and turd sandwich. So I'm not going to vote for anyone.
    -PoLR: *annoyed* by not voting you're voting for both!

-PoLR is blind to how insignificant voting is and also doesn't value having a future coherent vision for the country (future vision is also ). Yet his or her or is forming a judgment about the political unfolding that is bothering him or her greatly. So he or she needs to get down to business and do something right now regardless of whether it is a good idea, and that is voting and yelling at -valuing for not doing something about it. The fact that -valuing correctly sees that voting is not a good idea only bothers -PoLR more, because he or she is irked most severely by -valuing's super awesome demonstration of , because it is an element she cannot process very well.

-PoLR is blind to appraising whether or not a course of action is a good idea and wants a decision or course of action to be done right now because he or she cannot deal with the future either.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good analysis but I don't this is an indication that could determine Ni polr. I have seen Ni-ignoring and Ni-role who responded the same manner because of similar reasons.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Fe0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah man, this seems kinda arbitrary to me. who's to say the valuing type wouldn't have a clear defined choice on who they are voting for?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Was it Marilyn Manson that said he refused to take part in the US elections between Trump and Hillary because that's like choosing between "a pile of dogshit" and "a pile of catshit", or something like that? And I'm convinced that man has at least 3D Ni so right.

I used to think the same, and I still do. No matter who you vote, a revolution is the only solution
    Everyone is so bent on publicly fighting against corruption in the system until they find themselves elected and IN the system. Same song as always, different dancers. Not sure what it's like in all of your countries, forumites, but voting is an exceptional exercise in futility here. Our History teacher did tell us something that changed my opinion more or less, though.
    The tendrils of corruption in Romania run so deep and are so tangled that it's relatively easy to take someone else's ballot on their behalf and amass easy votes like that if you have the right documents. Which the authorities do, for sure. You're better off writing crap like "Yes" or "Harambe" on the voting ballot so that your vote will get canceled and corrupt officials won't use it anymore. This is the only circumstance that I'd go vote: Writing "HERCULES MULLIGAN" or even better, "Dracula" on the ballot so that my vote won't be used to fuel some inhumane, miserable and corrupt politician's rise to power.

The point is that there are, as ruined said, more nuances to this as one might expect. But it is a good analysis!
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plumes View Post
    Was it Marilyn Manson that said he refused to take part in the US elections between Trump and Hillary because that's like choosing between "a pile of dogshit" and "a pile of catshit", or something like that? And I'm convinced that man has at least 3D Ni so right.

I used to think the same, and I still do. No matter who you vote, a revolution is the only solution
    Everyone is so bent on publicly fighting against corruption in the system until they find themselves elected and IN the system. Same song as always, different dancers. Not sure what it's like in all of your countries, forumites, but voting is an exceptional exercise in futility here. Our History teacher did tell us something that changed my opinion more or less, though.
    The tendrils of corruption in Romania run so deep and are so tangled that it's relatively easy to take someone else's ballot on their behalf and amass easy votes like that if you have the right documents. Which the authorities do, for sure. You're better off writing crap like "Yes" or "Harambe" on the voting ballot so that your vote will get canceled and corrupt officials won't use it anymore. This is the only circumstance that I'd go vote: Writing "HERCULES MULLIGAN" or even better, "Dracula" on the ballot so that my vote won't be used to fuel some inhumane, miserable and corrupt politician's rise to power.

The point is that there are, as ruined said, more nuances to this as one might expect. But it is a good analysis!
    I vote Jimmy Gibberish.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ne PoLR is like not wanting look for external meaning of things and believing in internal "truth". So I think it is something similar reversed.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME Ni POLR types both ESE & LSE can ramble on and on talking forever if given the opportunity. Like giving an hour sermon on whatever subject piques their interest among closest associates. This is a full free reign given to beating a dead horse with emphasis when it comes to rational discussions as well as ignoring time constraints wrt efficiency concerns. At least 3 of such people I've known well immediately come to mind. They usually annoy people with this or try to become orators.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can be said to be about the "momentum" of a situation, not so much about the future.

to know when to act and when to wait, to escalate or to calm down and at what pace etc.

What is it that actually makes us know how and when to do this? It is not easy to answer, it is .

PoLR types are very sensitive to the momentum, but they are too uptight about it.

Observing xSE stressed moms with their kids, they seem to act too early and in a way that escalates the situation with their kids.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

“Because he couldn’t see it coming it threw him off balance”

Planning makes things predictable and reliable as well as making good use of one’s time.

Definitions:

Ne- endless stream of ideas and possibilities; new beginnings, new paths , new ideas, new people
    Ni- sees facets opening up. These facets keep opening like a window inside a window inside a window inside another window. Decisions are made whenever their gut feeling is VERY strong OR when multiple experiences have confirmed an original thought or feeling.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe what's being left out here is how one doesn't really care about the Vulnerable. It's not only that you can't use information properly, but you'll dismiss any information on this topic and will believe it's irrelevant. You're always throwing again any piece of advice. So, T PoLR means that you'll think others are being narrow-minded and will try to push things forward regardless of how things are going on, bc you don't really care about that, you enjoy the process of acting in the moment and how it feels.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JLcir View Post
    I believe what's being left out here is how one doesn't really care about the Vulnerable. It's not only that you can't use information properly, but you'll dismiss any information on this topic and will believe it's irrelevant. You're always throwing again any piece of advice. So, T PoLR means that you'll think others are being narrow-minded and will try to push things forward regardless of how things are going on, bc you don't really care about that, you enjoy the process of acting in the moment and how it feels.
    That’s it, tell’em like it is.

what's being left out here is how one doesn't really care about the Vulnerable. It's not only that you can't use information properly, but you'll dismiss any information on this topic and will believe it's irrelevant.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to describe a story about time travel to a Ni polr and it takes an extra bit of time for that person to get it.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    can be said to be about the "momentum" of a situation, not so much about the future.

to know when to act and when to wait, to escalate or to calm down and at what pace etc.

What is it that actually makes us know how and when to do this? It is not easy to answer, it is .

PoLR types are very sensitive to the momentum, but they are too uptight about it.

Observing xSE stressed moms with their kids, they seem to act too early and in a way that escalates the situation with their kids.
    I love this answer.

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I would imagine Ni PoLR to be uncertain and insecure in areas where they are asked to talk about where something is going, future prospects, etc.