Thread: Socionics Causes Pain

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    If you don’t want to be misconstrued, don’t be easily misconstruable.
    I already clarified what my position was.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    Yes, I do see that occurring in that some users here even go so far as to throw out the DSM-5 in favor of explaining everything Socionically.
    Ok. Who’s done that here?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Who’s done that here?
    thehotelambush.

To be honest, I think it may as well happen regularly because since nobody can read another's mind, it's too easy to attribute anything to Socionics. I could probably walk into someone's house here, take a big, tumbling shit on their rug, and they'd try to find a way to make it Socionical to match their preconceptions, because typically, when someone attempts to type someone, it's not about what's in front of them (it can't be, because we're not mind readers) - rather, it's about attributing behavior to preconceptions.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thehotelambush.
    Do you have a specific quote in mind?

I don’t want this to turn into a witch hunt, mind you. The DSM is full of issues as well, and there’s a lot that’s yet to be explained by medical science, but especially when it comes to the psychiatric field.

I just had dinner the other day with a top doctor at the top university in Japan (an SLE-leaning beta ST btw) and I deal with international high-ranking medical professionals FWIW wrt where my perspective on this comes from. Not just talking out of my ass here.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already clarified what my position was.
    A bit later on though, just like how you edited your post a bit later on after just mentioning thehotelambush’s name, a single user even after saying “userS”. It’s too little and too late.

Hope you don’t wrongly accuse me of misinterpreting you or putting words in your mouth again here too.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor can you choose your destiny, it can also be argued.
    I'm rather deterministic eheh : )

(yes, we have a good deal of freedom in most things involving choice, yet we can't choose how we'll react unconsciously; we can only choose the final expressions of those things, how to appear, what to say, what to do, but those are only the results of something over which we have little control).

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I was interested in neuroplasticity years ago, I don't remember much to give a precise example. Adult brain is substantially wired and it is possible to increase our cognitive abilities but we can change a little with lots of training during a long period of time. If we consider Ne as a cognitive ability and if an adult has acted like a Ne-polr their whole life, they can't act like a Ne-base. I wish that was possible but it isn't. If you know a solid research or article, please share, I would be really happy. Personally, I think we can develop all of our cognitive skills within some limitations, however, it will probably not change the general mechanism of our brain, again I wish that was the case. Just to clarify, I haven't considered extreme examples that could change the dynamics of the brain such as brain injury.
    My point is that you don't know whether a person will be "Ne Polr" or "Ne base" in the future, that's an "unknown". Nor do we know how the person will act in different situations where "Ne" isn't necessary or appropriate, in which the determinant "Ne" would be totally useless.

About the only thing that you could do to predict the person's behavior, is if we could determine how certain beliefs will translate into certain behavior, and in what way, and in what situations. And only then, we could say that if the belief either stays the same or is introduced to the person, we could say that that a certain behavior will be created in the future.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m sorry but you’re obviously casting pain in a negative light, and it generally is seen as negative anyway. That you don’t seem to want to acknlowdge this doesn’t change the reality. If you don’t want to be misconstrued, don’t be easily misconstruable.
    The fact that you interpret it as such says more about you than it says about me. This isn't the first time you accused me of "complaining" about something when I did no such thing. Just a short time ago, you accused me of "complaining" about hostility on the internet, and made my comment all about you by assuming that I even had you in mind. In reality, I was simply making a neutral observation about internet user activity, calmly pressing keys on my keyboard. But I'm sure that won't stop you from assuming you can read my mind the next time around, or assuming that my comment has something to do with you.

Do you have a specific quote in mind?

I don’t want this to turn into a witch hunt, mind you. The DSM is full of issues as well, and there’s a lot that’s yet to be explained by medical science, but especially when it comes to the psychiatric field.

I just had dinner the other day with a top doctor at the top university in Japan (an SLE-leaning beta ST btw) and I deal with international high-ranking medical professionals FWIW wrt where my perspective on this comes from. Not just talking out of my ass here.
    It doesn't take credentials or connections to understand that the DSM undergoes revisions because it's fallible, and the medical community requires updated iterations of the DSM to accommodate for new findings and refined ways of understanding mental disorders.

I'm not going to directly quote thehotelambush because doing so would escalate into a witch hunt by poking him with a notification. You want to find out what his stance on the DSM is, or his stance on psychology is in general? Look through his posting history. You don't want to start a witch hunt? Don't ask me to drop names.

But let's look at a comment made earlier in this thread, that "negativity=negativism."

Was it assumed that negativity was due to contra-flow instinct? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to counterphobic traits? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to introversion and therefore psychological distance from objective factors, such as conventional wisdom? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to depression? No.

Was it assumed that negativity had anything to do with legitimate criticisms? Absolutely not.

Because Reinin is Jesus Christ on a cracker. And Reinin demands that we overlook the general psyche to accommodate for Reinin. Which means that we overlook factors that determine compatibility.

And most importantly, Reinin demands that legitimate criticism be ignored and contorted to conform to Reinin's theory. Because that's the only way Reinin will give us salvation.
    A bit later on though, just like how you edited your post a bit later on after just mentioning thehotelambush’s name, a single user even after saying “userS”. It’s too little and too late.

Hope you don’t wrongly accuse me of misinterpreting you or putting words in your mouth again here too.
    You did wrongly misinterpret me. "Too little too late?" Lol.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you interpret it as such says more about you than it says about me. This isn't the first time you accused me of "complaining" about something when I did no such thing. Just a short time ago, you accused me of "complaining" about hostility on the internet, and made my comment all about you by assuming that I even had you in mind. In reality, I was simply making a neutral observation about internet user activity, calmly pressing keys on my keyboard. But I'm sure that won't stop you from assuming you can read my mind the next time around, or assuming that my comment has something to do with you.

It doesn't take credentials or connections to understand that the DSM undergoes revisions because it's fallible, and the medical community requires updated iterations of the DSM to accommodate for new findings and refined ways of understanding mental disorders.

I'm not going to directly quote thehotelambush because doing so would escalate into a witch hunt by poking him with a notification. You want to find out what his stance on the DSM is, or his stance on psychology is in general? Look through his posting history. You don't want to start a witch hunt? Don't ask me to drop names.

But let's look at a comment made earlier in this thread, that "negativity=negativism."

Was it assumed that negativity was due to contra-flow instinct? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to counterphobic traits? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to introversion and therefore psychological distance from objective factors, such as conventional wisdom? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to depression? No.

Was it assumed that negativity had anything to do with legitimate criticisms? Absolutely not.

Because Reinin is Jesus Christ on a cracker. And Reinin demands that we overlook the general psyche to accommodate for Reinin. Which means that we overlook factors that determine compatibility.

And most importantly, Reinin demands that legitimate criticism be ignored and contorted to conform to Reinin's theory. Because that's the only way Reinin will give us salvation.

You did wrongly misinterpret me. "Too little too late?" Lol.
    Tfw introverts (or really just you) have no concept of the standards for knowledge and communication in society.

You don’t need to ping @thehotelambush to quote them. Remove the name and post tag. It’s not hard, Mr. Information Security. Or you can cop out now after making your accusation towards him.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfw introverts (or really just you) have no concept of the standards for knowledge and communication in society.

You don’t need to ping @thehotelambush to quote them. Remove the name and post tag. It’s not hard, Mr. Information Security. Or you can cop out now after making your accusation towards him.
    Well, at least you're being forthright by pinging him. He and I have already had this discussion, but whatever.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least you're being forthright by pinging him. He and I have already had this discussion, but whatever.
    You’re relying on other people to be forthright and speak clearly for you. It’s apparent that you’re used to this kind of treatment, but don’t get too comfortable. Pain is a necessary part of life!

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’re relying on other people to be forthright and speak clearly for you. It’s apparent that you’re used to this kind of treatment, but don’t get too comfortable. Pain is a necessary part of life!
    Well hey, you're the one who said you didn't want to start a "witchhunt", but obviously, you're too duplicitous to remain consistent on the matter.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well hey, you're the one who said you didn't want to start a "witchhunt", but obviously, you're too duplicitous to remain consistent on the matter.
    Erm.... lol I think someone is projecting here painfully and sadly obviously.

I said that and finished in the next sentence in defense of his position already, hence already cancelling out any witchhunt effect that may result from it.
    Last edited by sbbds; 01-02-2019 at 06:45 PM.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm.... lol I think someone is projecting here painfully and sadly obviously.
    I'm not the one projecting.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not the one projecting.
    You’ve been whining about your fear of seeming dupliticious since changing your Sociotype, and again since changing your stance from being gung-ho about Socionics LOL.

Wtf is going on in your head to make you think this way?!

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’ve been whining about your fear of seeming dupliticious since changing your Sociotype, and again since changing your stance from being gung-ho about Socionics LOL.
    And you've said you think I'm LSI in private, but continue to imply that I'm not in public!

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf is going on in your head to make you think this way?!
    It's refreshing to actually be asked this, instead of told.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you've said you think I'm LSI in private, but continue to imply that I'm not in public!
    Quote where I have, God. I will explain the posts to you as it’s apparently necessary. I wasn’t even being sarcastic in some cases. That’s how low your understanding of context when communicating is I guess.

I’ve never thought you were non-LSI since speaking to you over voice.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote where I have, God. I will explain the posts to you as it’s apparently necessary.

I’ve never thought you were non-LSI since speaking to you over voice.
    I mean, your comments about negativism, as it relates to the OP, and your challenging attitude with regards to Atari's beta criteria. I wouldn't be surprised if she still thinks I'm an ILE or something.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, your comments about negativism, as it relates to the OP, and your challenging attitude with regards to Atari's beta criteria. I wouldn't be surprised if she still thinks I'm an ILE or something.
    I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about. Be more clear with the connections here. No idea where these leaps are coming from.

Whatever it is, it was not intentional.

I agreed with her comments on you being contradictory. It doesn’t mean I think you’re not LSI, and I don’t even know what Atari thinks about your type now, nor would that have been at all relevant to my posts.

And my lines about negativism were utterly unrelated to the OP lol or even to Socionics negativism.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m sorry but you’re obviously casting pain in a negative light, and it generally is seen as negative anyway. That you don’t seem to want to acknlowdge this doesn’t change the reality. If you don’t want to be misconstrued, don’t be easily misconstruable.
    You’re still complaining that Socionics causes pain even though in the post of yours she quoted you said that you value pain. That’s what she means by mutually exclusive and contradictory. You can’t use something to complain about / have a stance against, and value it, at the same time.
    All of these. Incoming post...

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly I don’t think this is possible.

I think Socionics can only add more constraints through negative self-fulfilling prophecies, not take away limitations on relationships that have issues*. But even that (adding constraints) is just a light overlay.

Anyway, it’s easier to destroy than to build (negativism vs positivism)(please don’t let the double negative of “add constraints” confuse you). I.e. It’s exponentially easier to decide not to engage with someone than it is to ignore large problems and fabricate good relations. Even the former is hard to do in many cases (an example: unless your divorce was already imminent, it would still be very hard to get one upon learning about Socionics and how you and your spouse have imperfect ITR if you guys had kids). Knowledge of Socionics can’t ever have that big of an impact on life, because life’s constraints get in the way, case in point.

@Singu this also answers your question on the effect Socionics knowledge might have on people. Just my opinion however, but through experience.

*Except in the case of TWO Socionics users who are both at Godmode level, or a Godmode Socionics user with a person who has very advanced interpersonal skills, these people who would normally have bad ITR can improve their ITR

OR in the case of people who are very unaware about personal relations, such as in the case of people who have never felt positive “dual”, “activity” etc ITR play out and believe that the natural mild conflict or unease that can result from people being surface opposites is bad.
    negativism ^

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhhh... Well this is awkward.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

negativism ^
    This is not meant to be about Socionics negativism. Although Gulenko did build his theory around the same concept.

Even if this were the case, how would I be implying you were a Socionics positivist from this? Just based on me saying I think a negativist approach makes more sense? And LSIs are positivists as well so... I don’t get you. You really should take a chill pill.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/jors.2012.58 Perhaps I used the wrong or a confusing term though, but my intention was only to use discourse that I knew you guys would understand. That’s an educational link for @Singu and you too if you’re interested.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhhh... Well this is awkward.
    It’s your own damn fault.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s your own damn fault.
    I'm very sorry.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why I haven’t dated any white guys since 2014.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Delivery Charge is not a tip paid to your driver. Please reward your driver for awesomeness. Drivers carry less than $20. You must ask for this limited time offer. Minimum purchase required for delivery. Delivery charge and tax may apply. Prices, participation, delivery area and charges may vary, including AK and HI. Returned checks, along with the state's maximum allowable returned check fee, may be electronically presented to your bank. ©2018 Domino's IP Holder LLC. Domino's®, Domino's Pizza® and the game piece logo are registered trademarks of Domino's IP Holder LLC. "Coca-Cola" and the Contour Bottle design are registered trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company. The Ice Breakers® Mints trademark and trade dress are used under license. Apple, the Apple logo and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Windows® Phone is a registered trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.
    Domino's pizza made with a Gluten Free Crust is prepared in a common kitchen with the risk of gluten exposure. Therefore, Domino's DOES NOT recommend this pizza for customers with celiac disease. Customers with gluten sensitivities should exercise judgment in consuming this pizza.
    Domino’s menu items are prepared in stores using a common kitchen. As a result there may be cross contact between allergens. Customers with an allergen concern should exercise judgement in consuming Domino’s menu items. For a listing of allergens that may appear in Domino’s stores, please visit our Allergen Page.
    Domino's Piece of the Pie Rewards® is open only to US residents 13+ with a Pizza Profile account who order from participating Domino's locations. Point redemption only valid online at participating locations in the US. *Limit: one order of $10 or more (excludes tip and donations) per calendar day can earn points. For complete details visit dominos.com/rewards.
    Our Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with your Domino's Pizza experience, we will make it right or refund your money.
    Domino's Carryout Insurance program is only available to carryout customers who return their damaged order, uneaten, in its original packaging (inclusive of an order label or receipt) to the store from which it was originally purchased within at least two hours of the time of purchase. Damaged orders will be replaced with identical products and no substitutions will be permitted. This is a limited time offer and store participation may vary.
    To easily find a local Domino's Pizza restaurant or when searching for “pizza near me”, please visit our localized mapping website featuring nearby Domino's Pizza stores available for delivery or takeout.
    If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please call 800-252-4031 for assistance.
    CA Transparency in Supply Chains Act Disclosure

The Domino’s menu features specialty pizzas, pizzas with gluten free crust, oven-baked sandwiches, chicken, salads, desserts, drinks, and more. If customization is your style, our pizza menu includes a build your own pizza option that lets you choose from amazing toppings, sauces and cheeses. It will have you thinking about different pizza menu combinations for days. Or, you can keep it simple with a pepperoni pizza. Check out the Domino’s Pizza menu to see all of the amazing options that will take lunch, snack time or dinner to the next level.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unacceptabru

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is going on, is this Se?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/jors.2012.58 Perhaps I used the wrong or a confusing term though, but my intention was only to use discourse that I knew you guys would understand. That’s an educational link for @Singu and you too if you’re interested.
    ...Did you actually read that?

Karl Popper and critical rationalism says that:

- All observations are theory-laden. Everything is a theory. You start with a theory, and not observations.
    - Induction, as in making claims that things observed in the past will repeat again in the future, is logically and rationally untenable ("the problem of induction").
    - There's no such thing as a "justified, true belief". You can never "prove" something to be true. All theories and knowledge are tentative and are subject to error.
    - Knowledge is created by a process of conjectures and refutations. Or making "guesses" that are not based on anything (unjustified, untrue, unbelief), and then criticizing it to make it better.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

knock knock

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    ...Did you actually read that?
    We know what Popper said already.

I read the abstract and intro so far, and skimmed the free PDF available. I thought it looked interesting and would make a nice New Year gift for you.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    knock knock
    Who's there?
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We know what Popper said already.

I read the abstract and intro so far, and skimmed the free PDF available. I thought it looked interesting and would make a nice New Year gift for you.
    ...I'm already familiar with Karl Popper. Pretty much what I've been saying the whole time is Popperian. If you think that's interesting, then I'd just suggest reading "Conjectures and Refutations".

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I'm already familiar with Karl Popper. Pretty much what I've been saying the whole time is Popperian. If you think that's interesting, then I'd just suggest reading "Conjectures and Refutations".
    The article applies his works and analyzes it in relation to engineering (‘OR’ basically, here).

Conclusions

In moving its attention from theory to practice CR has to consider the implications for both the theory (theory- for-practice) and practice (action) itself. Induction is rife within OR but this can be made logically acceptable by always containing statements about the assumed relationship between parts and the whole, and between the past and the future within the theories and proposals being considered. Decision-makers can then judge whether to accept such assumptions or not. If the theory is accepted so are the assumptions. Thus the CR concern to avoid a transcendent acceptance of induc- tion can be met. [...]
    It was cited 12 times in several different journals too.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see what the problem is. It accepts the claims and the premise made by criticial rationalism.

It may be possible for OR to avoid the problem of induction and to desist from making justificatory claims but subjectivity is an integral part of managerial decision-making and cannot be ignored or assumed to be eliminated by the pursuit of an intersubjective ideal. The critical rationalist tries to minimise the subjective element and in many respects this is precisely what OR consultants try to do on a day-to-day basis: they help decision-makers place more weight on evidence and analysis and less on personal guesses and intuition.
    Also critical rationalism has properly addressed the claims made by postmodernism and relativism, which is what the paper seems to be mainly about.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see what the problem is. It accepts the claims and the premise made by criticial rationalism.

Also critical rationalism has properly addressed the claims made by postmodernism and relativism, which is what the paper seems to be mainly about.
    It’s not a refutation. Just adding information. It’s a present, God.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s not a refutation. Just adding information. It’s a present, God.
    So you agree with what I've been saying about Popperian critical rationalism.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you agree with what I've been saying about Popperian critical rationalism.
    Idk.

It’s a theory, which can’t be proven.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast