Thread: INTj and mediocrity

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTj and mediocrity

If I sin, I can own up and take responsibility for my evil works. If I create something mediocre, I cannot ever own up and take responsibility for my creation. No amount of praise will make me own up to it. Not even knowing that I performed the best job I could have would suffice to make me own up to it. Nothing could ever grant me the ability to own up to my works.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That sounds so LII. We have to measure up in our own eyes regardless of what others say; otherwise, we want to imitate Marcus Pontius Pilatus and the quicker the better. However, it's essential that the urge be fought, especially for the LIIs who beat themselves up; age does seem to make foibles a little easier to swallow.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPanPrinciple View Post
    If I sin, I can own up and take responsibility for my evil works. If I create something mediocre, I cannot ever own up and take responsibility for my creation. No amount of praise will make me own up to it. Not even knowing that I performed the best job I could have would suffice to make me own up to it. Nothing could ever grant me the ability to own up to my works.
    I'm not sure what you mean. You will pretend like you didn't make the thing? Best to just put it behind you.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush Most LIIs seem to be able to emotionally detach themselves or hold themselves aloof from the majority of situations, and treat them so objectively that they can be seen by others as somewhat uncaring or ruthless. Many LIIs can become scourges (or sinners) if they think that it's for the greater good. Their big Achilles heal intellectually (ego-wise?) seems to be their personal view of their own competence or lack thereof. As an LII do you not have an urge to hide any signs of what you would view as personal incompetence in the areas that you deem important? I know that all types want to hide their weaknesses but for LIIs, the urge seems extremely acute in this one specific area......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPanPrinciple View Post
    That sux :/ Be better next time?

Be perfect, actually. Don't even start unless you can do a perfect job. Procrastinate, at least that's better then doing the absolute best job on it ever.
    Last edited by Jaqen; 01-16-2019 at 06:50 PM.