Thread: Palmistry experiment

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Palmistry experiment

So I've come to believe that palmistry/chiromancy is true, and I propose a simple experiment: look just below your pinky finger in your dominant hand, and you should see some parallel lines. These mean your love partners you will have during your life. The lines' depth determines the strength of the bond, the length how long the love lasts. They might have forks, islands, squares... but we won't get into that just yet. If the line arcs down, it might mean the partner dies.

Post how many lines you have, and also if you think it lines up (), and/or if you've identified which line is which partner. Some might not have appeared (say, you have three lines and you only had one love, which you married, it means there are two yet to appear).

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what counts as one line. Such are the difficulties.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I don't know what counts as one line. Such are the difficulties.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but it's never that clear /hides/

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I can't figure out what counts as a line. I have 1-3 lines in the area you showed on the image.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they not well defined or..?

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I couldn't tell either necessarily.... I have 'A' fingers though

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post

I have A fingers too.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Are they not well defined or..?

Ok I would say I have two well defined lines in that area of my hand.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Ok I would say I have two well defined lines in that area of my hand.
    How many times have you been in love AND you've confirmed it was mutual?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ten years ago, when I was still in academia, I had colleagues who were building statistics about the relative length of the index and ring fingers. For a male, the longer the ring finger was compared to the index finger, the more likely it was he had been exposed to higher levels of testosterone before birth. I had mine measured at the time. My ring finger was the longest of the two, but not by much.

Among other things, it was used to explain differences in athletic performance. Some sport coaches have been paying attention to this for recruitment.

Edit : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio
    Last edited by BaruchJorgell; 10-03-2021 at 08:15 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post

My right hand is A; my left is C. WTF. I never noticed my fingers were of different lengths before.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    My right hand is A; my left is C. WTF. I never noticed my fingers were of different lengths before.
    Some fingers can get twisted with time and excessive use. It alters measurement.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    How many times have you been in love AND you've confirmed it was mutual?
    I have only truly been in love once.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have Class A fingers.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Palmar creases are formed in the womb around 12th week of pregnancy. There are various medical conditions that can cause a singular palmar crease (ex. Down syndrome), also known as a simian crease. Other than that, there is no evidence of the lines of your hand predicts anything about your future.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are seven parallel lines below my pinky finger in my dominant hand. 2 of them has depth, they are longer and apparent in comparison to others. One of the two which is closer to my pinky is the longest. Besides those 2, there is one line which is also long-ish but doesnt have that much of depth as those two, it is right above the longest one. Other lines are short and have no depth. If these things are in order, I am screwed because there are short ones are above the long ones. Besides that, does every partner count, even it is short lived

Apart from this I fit to A>B. My ring finger is slightly shorter than my index finger.
    Last edited by myresearch; 10-03-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I don't know if sexual innuendo or what
    I leave it to everyone's own jurisdiction.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I have only truly been in love once.
    Then you should expect another reciprocal love (if you have two lines).

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I remember my friend joked one time that what if you just get a knife and carve some lines if you don't like your current palm lines. lmao
    Doing it on purpose probably doesn't work, but if it happens expontaneously, it probably means something. My cat scratched my four relationships lines, like crossing them, and from what I've observed it seems it means I simply cannot have a partner. The lines can also change or evolve with time.

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    There are seven parallel lines below my pinky finger in my dominant hand. 2 of them has depth, they are longer and apparent in comparison to other. The one closer to my pinky is the longest. Besides those 2, there is one which is also long-ish but doesnt have that much of depth as that, it is right above the longest one. Others are short and have no depth. If these things are in order, I am screwed because there are short ones are above the long ones. Besides that, does every partner count, even it is short lived
    Wow, quite the casanova. The order I'm not sure how it works. In my case, they aren't ordered (I have identified which line is which person). I suspect the closer to the pinky finger, the "closer" this person was to you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so I've just noticed that I've got four more very faint lines in the area. Now I guess I have to figure out who they were :/