Thread: Why you can't trust the Government, Corporations and the Media

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Why you can't trust the Government, Corporations and the Media

I'm generally hostile and mistrusting towards anything the government, corporations and the media does, but I wasn't always like this. It happened slowly over time and it's largely due to reading about the history of them, which most of it is relatively recent. The truth is generally revealed decades later and made obvious with lots of research, which are not conspiracy theories, but people tend to ignore it because it was in the past, however recent.

My initial beliefs about anything comes from tangible facts and then I sometimes branch off into conspiracy theories inspired by the real life facts, which I tend to keep in a state of cognitive dissonance (not fun, but inevitable). However, the root cause of my beliefs are always from proven incidents and facts with solidified evidence. This is how I've made up my mind on not trusting the government, corporations and the media.

You can say that it is due to my Socionics type or Enneagram type or not typology related, but that's how I see things. Anyways, in an effort to get people to wake up to the reality of how the government, corporations and the media functions I made this thread with three short fluffy videos to get you hopefully interested in this subject to become more aware and then if you're interested enough, I provide 3 books that get into the nitty gritty of it all.

Government:

Corporations:

Media:

Okay, so you watched the 3 videos and you are interested in learning more, then here are 3 books for you to read:

Government:

https://www.amazon.ca/Last-Colonial-.../dp/0226306909

Corporations: https://www.amazon.ca/Corporation-Jo...9R63A8DV435N72

Media: https://www.amazon.ca/Manufacturing-.../dp/0375714499

Disclaimer: This thread isn't meant to be an exhaustive list about finding out the truth about the government, corporations and the media even after you read the books. Also, the videos are simply meant to get you interested enough to actually read the books. Then after reading the three books you should have a basic understanding on these subjects and help you become more aware of what the government, corporations and the media are doing today.

Then if you want to become truly knowledgeable about these subjects then you would need to delve into them deeper after you've read the three books and read even more books on these subjects of similar quality. I'll admit that I have a lot to learn about these subjects, but I at least know and understand enough to get me worried and mistrustful of these three entities. I do plan to eventually read into these subjects further in the near future.
    Last edited by Raver; 12-17-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why was no one talking about FOSTA when the cunts under capital dome shoved it up our asses?

Net neutrality and this, I give up. I'm on the ####DROMBPFPH train now. Fuck orange man, total failed T. Roosevelt larper.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Unfortunately, the media is generally very good at getting the misinformed to side with their views on things...

I mean net neutrality pretty much guaranteed internet freedom. But the media spun it as something harmful to business and thus for the consumer...I was surprised to hear people agreeing with arguments that (mostly conservative) people were eschewing, such as Ben Shapiro

"The way to think of it is, internet providers are like the pipes and the contents of the internet are like water. So you can think of it in two ways, it's a public utility, everybody should be able to turn on the tap at the same time and get the water or that the pipe company should be able to charge you what they want or charge the water company what it wants for the water moving through the pipe." - Ben Shapiro

"Internet is not a finite resource, like water or whatever is. The water uses low-voltage; so it uses electricity, but not a lot of electricity. The main thing with the internet is the number of connections, the number of ports, and obviously the type of connection, you know obviously if you have copper running to your house, that's going to be slower if you are sharing with the rest of the neighborhood. Now if you got fiber that's a direct pipe straight to you and that pipe can support maximum speed all day everyday." - Logan

And people actual bought into Ben's argument...

Ben Shapiro is a real dork...I wonder who pays him behind closed doors to get him to support their agendas?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Indeed. This corbettreport guy on youtube has some really good videos regarding propaganda.