Thread: Defense against the weakness

Post Defense against the weakness

Hello dudes and gents,

I've seen quite a bit of commotion on the interwebs and it appears people love getting at each other's throats. I wanted to be of help and make everyone's life a bit easier. I thought of something interesting with the interaction between the 'Creative' and 'PoLR' functions. So on the wiki in regards to the 'Base' and 'Role' functions it reads: "When a person is actively using his base function, the role function is essentially turned off. The two cannot both be "on" at the same time, because they represent two opposing approaches to similar things".

So by that logic, it should also apply to the 'Creative' and 'PoLR' functions (1 - 3 and 2 - 4?). The whole idea being: When the creative is "on", the PoLR should be "off". In regards to how this works, on the wiki, it reads: "
    Accepting/producing is a dichotomy that separates the two functions of each block of Model A. Accepting functions 'come first' in each block and are odd-numbered: 1, 3, 5, and 7. Producing functions 'come second' and are even-numbered: 2, 4, 6, and 8"
    Also:
    "
    Originally, Aushra Augusta suggested that accepting functions focus on obtaining a picture of reality, and producing functions create some sort of 'new' product that is molded to that cross-cut of reality obtained by the accepting function."
    This is a bit weird, I think what it means is you should focus on "producing" more than "obtaining". I'm probably missing something else that might help.

Additionally on 'base/creative' section on 'subtypes' it says:"Base/Creative subtypes is a system-less notion that refers to strengthening or either base (first) function or creative (second) function"
    This is pretty simple, you can improve your 'Creative' function more in order to get it strong enough to "turn off" your PoLR.

The other 2 systems of subtypes (accepting/producing) and (contact/inert) which I'm not so sure about, but I don't think is too important.

Summing it up
    Essentially, the "important" part is the idea to be able to "wax off" your weakness PoLR by "doing more stuff" with your Creative function. This idea was taken from the Base + Role interaction of one being 'off' when the other is 'on'. Pretty simple, but how to put it into practice is another thing all together, as well as how "valid" the idea is.
    lil b speaks from the heart

the kingdom heart

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> This is pretty simple, you can improve your 'Creative' function more in order to get it strong enough to "turn off" your PoLR.

You can't to turn off any of the functions. You may more use in your _consciousness_ some of functions what leads the opposite function to stay in the unconsciousness, out of your mind's control. As all functions are equally important - you have to use all of them and in the optimum case - equally!
    As you have some functions as stronger - you may more rely on them in solving the tasks. But you this does not mean that you may forget about opposite functions - you need to use them on average social level at least, to behave adequately by average social standards.

Also - it's impossibly to supress or develop only one of variants of the functions - only Ti without Te, for example. They work as figure/background, both are similarly weak or strong. But it's possibly to develop concrete _skills_ only in one function's region.

The better idea is to more concentrate your consciousness on your valued regions, including the weak ones. This will develop your weak returded functions what will improve your efficiency and psyche state. It's partly the opposite to what you offer, but it's what duals do and this is better for your mind and life. Develop and use weak regions, but not supress them. Weak nonvalued are important too and are needed to be used, but not avoided - but it would be better to use valued ones as much as possibly and to use mostly strong functions to solve the tasks just due to better skills and easier operation. The rest of functions to use additionally, as background. Something alike this.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lelelewomanwomanwoman View Post
    Hello dudes and gents,

I've seen quite a bit of commotion on the interwebs and it appears people love getting at each other's throats. I wanted to be of help and make everyone's life a bit easier. I thought of something interesting with the interaction between the 'Creative' and 'PoLR' functions. So on the wiki in regards to the 'Base' and 'Role' functions it reads: "When a person is actively using his base function, the role function is essentially turned off. The two cannot both be "on" at the same time, because they represent two opposing approaches to similar things".

So by that logic, it should also apply to the 'Creative' and 'PoLR' functions (1 - 3 and 2 - 4?). The whole idea being: When the creative is "on", the PoLR should be "off". In regards to how this works, on the wiki, it reads: "
    Accepting/producing is a dichotomy that separates the two functions of each block of Model A. Accepting functions 'come first' in each block and are odd-numbered: 1, 3, 5, and 7. Producing functions 'come second' and are even-numbered: 2, 4, 6, and 8"
    Also:
    "
    Originally, Aushra Augusta suggested that accepting functions focus on obtaining a picture of reality, and producing functions create some sort of 'new' product that is molded to that cross-cut of reality obtained by the accepting function."
    This is a bit weird, I think what it means is you should focus on "producing" more than "obtaining". I'm probably missing something else that might help.

Additionally on 'base/creative' section on 'subtypes' it says:"Base/Creative subtypes is a system-less notion that refers to strengthening or either base (first) function or creative (second) function"
    This is pretty simple, you can improve your 'Creative' function more in order to get it strong enough to "turn off" your PoLR.

The other 2 systems of subtypes (accepting/producing) and (contact/inert) which I'm not so sure about, but I don't think is too important.

Summing it up
    Essentially, the "important" part is the idea to be able to "wax off" your weakness PoLR by "doing more stuff" with your Creative function. This idea was taken from the Base + Role interaction of one being 'off' when the other is 'on'. Pretty simple, but how to put it into practice is another thing all together, as well as how "valid" the idea is.
    Yeah, you can't just forget about a function - that's tantamount to neglecting its needs completely and you'll do even worse at it.

"When a person is actively using his base function, the role function is essentially turned off. The two cannot both be "on" at the same time, because they represent two opposing approaches to similar things".

This is true to some extent but in practice the interaction (and conflict) between two elements in the same domain (e.g. Mobilizing and Vulnerable) is much stronger. Ti and Te both deal with facts and logic, Fe and Fi both deal with feelings and people, etc.

So, you can compensate for the Vulnerable function with the Mobilizing to some extent, since they deal with the same area of life. But it's still worth the time to develop it IMO.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running away from any problem, psychological or otherwise, is a race that cannot be won. So even if this were the case in the theory, I don't think it is advisable. I think it's always better to deal with the challenges that you have.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Workaround strategies can be developed to compensate for some shortcomings in processing but this would have to be done at a much higher level than type, the structure of which after a certain age is set in concrete. That to which you refer would be analogous to getting an android-phone to run a very specific i-phone function, or vice versa; because the operating systems are set, software simulations could perhaps be created but basic functions will never be the same. IEs are not bins that one can arbitrarily fill through will or practice.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. Looking into the abyss of the weakness of your own psyche too much is unhealthy, because then the entirety of your being starts to be that weakness. You get nothing accomplished and are just a victim of everybody else's schemes.

At the same time being totally ignorant of your weak points and pretending that everything is fine naively like life is an andy griffith episode will also obviously fuck you over. (Yes that was me supervising ESEs) It is wise to listen to one's own dark subconscious. Kind of coldly analyzing it as a third party instead of overly identifying with the weak point.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So called creative subtype should have most troubles with super ego block. It rings true to me. My role in certain aspects is my second PoLR but at least it is bit more observing and PoLR is bit more balanced. At least they focus on their strengths. Dominant subtype should be fine although they are very harsh and impulsive regarding their environment so they bulldoze through. Normalizing compensates with their role. Harmonizing seems undifferentiated.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org