Thread: Supervison+Benefit tables(?) and other tables pastel-ish stuff I guess

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Supervison+Benefit tables(?) and other tables pastel-ish stuff I guess

Title says it all, I have homework and I'm trying to procrastinate and besides I've been using a Supervision-Benefit chart which is actually rather basic but made it a lot easier for me to memorize some intertype relationships as well as realize just how much is shared between super-ego duos+where that whole left spin/right spin -/+ assestment thing came from.

So naturally I went to SAI to make a digital copy of that finally, rather than using a proper program for it, as I've seen many people point out how much Supervision-Benefit shares similarities and connections, such as for example result dual couples going from Delta--> Gamma--> Beta--> Alpha --> Delta while it was Alpha--> Beta--> Gamma--> Delta--> Alpha for process types (which probably was the real reason of left/right spin names associated to it, given the way I see those quadras is left top Alpha, right top Beta, right bottom Gamma and left bottom Delta, which with that placement would get the Supervision/Benefit flow in said directions, but I've heard it was completely randomly associated too so I might be pulling this one out of my ass) but never saw any basic chart on it so here is a possible cheat sheet on that I guess?

And also made those based on this article as well bc the idea of placing the types with that whole benefit ring connection thing sounded neat, but also thought would be neat to have it rotable so there is those too I guess.

Might add some stuff later but yeah, that's all for now. There was probably something on that second one, but hey, wanted to use the pieces I already made for something else.

Ps. I'm not sure what is the best category for this one so feel free to move it, mods. I took my best shot at guessing it fits here.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 12-12-2018 at 09:28 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ApeironStella did you notice the Model G tables are laid out according to the supervision and benefit rings?
    Last edited by Lao Tzunami; 12-13-2018 at 04:04 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if you rotate one of the grids 180 degrees, you can super impose it over the other and line up certain properties. In this case, the base cognitive process on one diagonal, and quadra on the other:

By the way, you'll get different patterns depending on how you line up the two grids, especially if you reflect one of the grids so benefit and supervision are running in opposite directions. You should play around with it, there is so much to learn from this!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Lao Tzunami; 12-15-2018 at 03:52 AM.

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ajsindri View Post
    @ApeironStella did you notice the Model G tables are laid out according to the supervision and benefit rings?
    I did, actually! I started toying around with benefit/supervision after I got into Model G, as I recalled hearing about how it was based on those two, in fact I remember what charge what element for what type has in Model G thanks to those connections haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ajsindri View Post
    And if you rotate one of the grids 180 degrees, you can super impose it over the other and line up certain properties. In this case, the base cognitive process on one diagonal, and quadra on the other:

By the way, you'll get different patterns depending on how you line up the two grids, especially if you reflect one of the grids so benefit and supervision are running in opposite directions. You should play around with it, there is so much to learn from this!
    ...fdhjkdfhdjf funny that you should mention that as that was almost exactly the chart I made on paper one bored class as I was trying to get those two grids somehow line up for so long, and I mainly memorized the separate charts as "Ego-Superego with one space between them, one diagonal line is your dual while other is your illusionary, also check the supervision-benefit partners at last I guess" so I didn't realize at first as I was placing the process grid that as I was trying to get something like clubs or quadras match up, that I ended up reversing process supervision while I was thinking I only had to invert one of their benefit rings and had result grid on reverse flow of the benefit, and once I realized that, I thought I was just mistaken and somehow never thought of easy answer of it being 180 degrees turned and just made them separete charts as at that point I have drawn every piece so might as well used it.

I think I even shared it in a typology server first, as I was still at school, since being bored in classes often ends up with me playing with those tables now and then? Boring classes where not much happens are good for tinkering around with stuff like that to keep yourself occupied, haha.

Also, saving that last chart with basically... everything, holy moly. I vaguely recall seeing something on abstract/involved dichotomy on that Socionics Math group on FB, but I'm completely out of loop with what's up with A Base/B Base and Delta/Gamma symbols there? At first thought it was just showing the quadras, but since Delta sign always has Beta quadra under it, I'm confused what that one means?

Edit: That also reminds me, as I was playing with that inverted chart in the class that day, I realized that way it groups them together via their base being T/N/S/F as well, actually?
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 12-15-2018 at 12:41 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ApeironStella View Post
    Also, saving that last chart with basically... everything, holy moly. I vaguely recall seeing something on abstract/involved dichotomy on that Socionics Math group on FB, but I'm completely out of loop with what's up with A Base/B Base and Delta/Gamma symbols there? At first thought it was just showing the quadras, but since Delta sign always has Beta quadra under it, I'm confused what that one means?

Edit: That also reminds me, as I was playing with that inverted chart in the class that day, I realized that way it groups them together via their base being T/N/S/F as well, actually?
    I accidentally flipped the delta base verses beta base, but now its corrected. Maybe that was the confusion.

Let's look at your type, LII.
    LII has strong intuition and logic, making it intuitive and logical.
    Ti is both abstract (N+T) and external (S+T), making it an abstract and external base type.

LII values world-accepting (Ne+Si) and clarity seeking (Ti+Fe) values, making it judicious and merry.
    Ti is a value of alpha and beta quadras, making it an alpha and beta base.

The dichotomies that are defining the base function are from a parallel set of dichotomies @thehotelambush came up with that we've been calling the Tencer dichotomies. As dichotomies, they are pretty abstract, and we haven't come up with any practical definitions. However, when you combine them, they make the same small groups the Reinin dichotomies do, but arrange them in systems in the same way Jung described his cognitive function mandalas.

I actually run the socionics math group. If you ever comment on a picture you don't understand, I'd be happy to explain it to you ^u^