Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Competition/Jealousy in Relationships...

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not find jelousy to be a constructive feeling. Being myself, I have lots of male pals, so if I do not do anything with them, I must assume it can be the same for the person I am with. Jelous partner would make my life harder and prevent me from achieving what I want to achieve which is expanding my social circle all the time, filling it with new possibilities for fun.

When I get jelous (rarely but it happens), then it gets serious. I make sure the other person has no idea and suspects nothing and then I go all SWAT on them gathering necessary evidence. I do not want to torment myself with all the crazy and toxic feelings, so I tend to resolve the matter as quickly as possible - I wanna know, not suspect.
    I posted my sociotype so you can argue with it if you disagree.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTomatoe View Post
    When I get jelous (rarely but it happens), then it gets serious. I make sure the other person has no idea and suspects nothing and then I go all SWAT on them gathering necessary evidence. I do not want to torment myself with all the crazy and toxic feelings, so I tend to resolve the matter as quickly as possible - I wanna know, not suspect.
    This does not sound healthy.

If you are with someone and you have trust issues to that extent towards that person, the relationship just should not be.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like it's a negative vs. positive loop

If it is someone I trust very easily, I likely shouldn't get jealous that easily to begin with. And even if I did, it should be able to be resolved pretty quickly as well. However, if it were someone I wasn't compatible with, well you can imagine it can go in a very negative cycle too, potentially.

I think I very much prefer something passionate though stable and trusting, if that makes sense. I don't think I would thrive or be happy in an unstable dynamic.

I don't find jealousy "attractive" or "not attractive"; it's neither for me. It's just a really painful feeling for me personally that I would hope I would never have (or barely ever!) in an ideal relationship where I would feel happy and safe.

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    This does not sound healthy.

If you are with someone and you have trust issues to that extent towards that person, the relationship just should not be.
    He was banging someone on the side, but I am the one with the ISSUES

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTomatoe View Post
    He was banging someone on the side, but I am the one with the ISSUES
    My point is: if you suspect he is banging someone on the side, it shows misturst in the relationship, whether this misturst is justified or not.

A healthy relationship implies trust, once trust is not there, the relationship is fucked.

Imagine if he had not been banging someone on the side. The invasion of privacy you describe is enough to ruin the relationship and make it unhealthy regardless.

I am not trying to place blame, btw. I don't know who's guilty of what, or even what specific situation you are talking about.

If you suspect he's cheating, then break it off, no need to invade others' privacy.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also, that moment when LIE gives IEE advice about healthy relationships.

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point is: if you suspect he is banging someone on the side, it shows misturst in the relationship, whether this misturst is justified or not.

A healthy relationship implies trust, once trust is not there, the relationship is fucked.

Imagine if he had not been banging someone on the side. The invasion of privacy you describe is enough to ruin the relationship and make it unhealthy.

I am not trying to place blame, btw. I don't know who's guilty of what, or even what specific situation you are talking about.

If you suspect he's cheating, then break it off, no need to invade others' privacy.
    Well, if there was trust between us for many years (I am not prone to jelousy) and suddenly, without an apparent reason I get extremaly suspicious and worried, then something is up, don't you think? My intuition tells me something is wrong and it is not just a random occurence.

Let's get real for a second Breaking the relationship because you got suspicious is not a very strong reason to break up. He would ask why and I would tell him why. Then he would try to smooth talk me, convincing me it is stupid, and that I am paranoid, and that we should stay together. I would believe him, because people want to believe that everything is fine and shit like this. Then he would be more careful and the entire charade would last for way too long. I would waste tons of time and I would be a loser in this situation, only because the other scenario is "iNvaSiOn Of PrIvAcY"

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're missing my point, but ok.

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're missing my point, but ok.
    I guess I do, because the entire notion of "healthyness" you are trying to present sounds like utter bullshit. Miss me with this moral shit please.

I am probably not an IEE, it is just one of the option. ILE is more probable.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Women.

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wOmEn

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, there be a MaTuRiTy IsSuE here.

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Said by the "women" guy Nevertheless, it's prolly true.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine if he had not been banging someone on the side. The invasion of privacy you describe is enough to ruin the relationship and make it unhealthy regardless.

Her response was a normal one to being the victim of an unhealthy relationship and cheating partner. Yet you were the one calling her unhealthy, blaming all women, and then believing yourself to be giving advice.

I see a trend here with you being a fucking piece of shit.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jealousy is just energy that needs directing. It's there as a fear of loss but it's still annoying af. The solution is simple though, just fuck. *heavy metal riff*

The Neighborhood Witch Nocturne's Avatar
    TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post

@Nocturne I love your avi. It's dark and mysterious, but still appealing to the eyes.
    Thanks!
    𝒯𝒶𝓊𝓇𝓊𝓈 ☼ | 𝒞𝒶𝓅𝓇𝒾𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓃 ☾ | 𝒮𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓅𝒾𝑜 ↑
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12