Thread: As Delta, do you tend to be attracted to Beta production/creativity ?

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default As Delta, do you tend to be attracted to Beta production/creativity ?

Christopher Nolan, Alfonso Cuarón, gabriel fauré, Malher....

Nietsche, shopenhauer... (I read philosophy but aside exception I don't understand everything)

Dali...

I found that a quadra tend to appreciate the creation of contrary quadra as if it was perfect (even if it's somewhat shit when you hear the criticism from the quadra who produced it). It could be explained by many things.

It seem we found the creation of our proper quadra "improvable", "I would have done this like that".(there are exception. I feel that for Brahms music for example, but his late work is sublime)

I don't know if it's exportable to all quadra.

as a minor note, for me, perhaps Mozart (ENFP) is an exception. I like Gabriel Faure Agnus Dei as much as Mozart Lacrimosa for example.

disclaimer : I can't stand Wagner. There is some ESTP music that I like but I never liked Wagner.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dali I like because I like surrealism. But from what my dad (who has art degrees) said, Dali was more of a showman and hired people to make some of his paintings.

Nolan's the one who directed that Batman trilogy, right? That's the only Batman movie I like.

In general, I would say I'm not a fan of Beta things. Though any quadra can produce something widely regarded as good.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noaydi View Post
    Christopher Nolan, Alfonso Cuarón, gabriel fauré, Malher....

Nietsche, shopenhauer... (I read philosophy but aside exception I don't understand everything)

Dali...

I found that a quadra tend to appreciate the creation of contrary quadra as if it was perfect (even if it's somewhat shit when you hear the criticism from the quadra who produced it). It could be explained by many things.

It seem we found the creation of our proper quadra "improvable", "I would have done this like that".(there are exception. I feel that for Brahms music for example, but his late work is sublime)

I don't know if it's exportable to all quadra.

as a minor note, for me, perhaps Mozart (ENFP) is an exception. I like Gabriel Faure Agnus Dei as much as Mozart Lacrimosa for example.

disclaimer : I can't stand Wagner. There is some ESTP music that I like but I never liked Wagner.
    So basically you're saying that you tend to notice flaws best in your own quadra?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

related to valued regions is more interesting. to weak functions mostly, where I seek to get fun and to rest like Socionics (Ne, Fi). the other catches lesser and more surfacely
    where opposite quadra produces in my valued regions - there it can be interesting. more interesting. nonvalued regions catch lesser, but are important anyway and hence attract to some degree also

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    So basically you're saying that you tend to notice flaws best in your own quadra?
    It can have some meaning ? Production of your own quadra often hit your proper function, so you could be interested into reframing the production into the view of how you view thing by this function.

related to valued regions is more interesting. to weak functions mostly, where I seek to get fun and to rest like Socionics (Ne, Fi). the other catches lesser and more surfacely
    where opposite quadra produces in my valued regions - there it can be interesting. more interesting. nonvalued regions catch lesser, but are important anyway and hence attract to some degree also
    I agree with that and it's a little what I was trying to say. Element produced from contrary quadra from their ignored wich hit your function tend to have a good impact on yourself, as if it was "the good way to use it" in term of creativity.
    Not sure, just trying

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do notice I highly regard any work that has an bigger Ni conspiracy to it. It leaves many things to be interpreted but I cannot grasp what the whole mystery is about.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta production and creativity ... ? ... You mean like construction home repairs (st) and inventing family dramas (nf)? Hmm.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Thx for the resume, it was what I was trying to say effectivelly.
    Either it could have some logic (you are, in your proper quadra, at the better place to see what is done wrong/wright as you value the same functions).

It's only kinda hypothetical, and even, the final result is not perhaps as simple as "I find contrary quadra perfect/mine improvable". There is perhaps just a discret dynamics of this thru all quadra.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I sometimes wonder when Se/Ni values were more prevalent and religion/mysticism organized society instead of the Te world we live in today, how Deltas felt about it. We take the rational bent of today's society for granted but at some point what may have been to Delta STs "out-there, irrational mystical ideas" and superstition might have been the organizing force of those societies...

surely, deltas existed even back then. In a sense, Beta evokes a bygone medieval era...at least for me. That's not all it does, of course, there is a lot more to it. But just something that's been on my mind.
    In religion-centered, mystical societies, religion IS rational. So Delta ST's would be among it's strongest adherents and advocates.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not into philosophy but when it comes to music, Beta artists are among my favourite ones. Aurora, Billie Eilish, Fever Ray (hate her aesthetics but love the tunes), Yungblud, My Chemical Romance, BØRNS, possibly Lana del Rey... even if they themselves are not Beta, their music is, and I absolutely love it.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Types is about what dominates. The least interest is to nonvalued weak regions.
    Also besides types, other factors may predispose to interests. The degree of how much those interests get the attention also can be different.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of artists that make decent music are beta.

just because they value the wrong functions doesn't mean they have no value overall as people. usually.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.