Thread: Type this person!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this person!

She's someone I know and I have no clue what type she could be. Some OTHER type I don't understand well I'm thinking.

She is maybe 23. She is very dependant on being in a relationship. I don't know if that's due to some personal issue or personality type. But she got pregnant by this guy who wasn't very good for her at 17, and had a child, and then was dating some older married guy who basically just used her, and then moved in with this guy who had custody of 4 kids and became his free babysitter.

She went to nursing school but then hated being a nurse. I don't know what she's doing for employment now.

She is very pretty and that is important to her. She also seems to be concerned that her friends be pretty.

When she talks she ends every other sentence with, "yeah, right" in a way that makes it sound like she really means, "no, you're stupid." There is a bit of a sneer to her voice.

She kind of oversees conversations rather than taking part in them. She arranges gatherings (like bridal showers, etc.) and takes pride in getting the gatherings just right and making them beautiful and perfect, but then doesn't seem to enjoy being at them.

Any ideas? I know it isn't much information but this isn't someone I see all the time.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a thinker. xSTj is my guess, but I'd need more to really make an accurate guess.

Got a pic?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this person!

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    She is maybe 23. She is very dependant on being in a relationship. I don't know if that's due to some personal issue or personality type. But she got pregnant by this guy who wasn't very good for her at 17, and had a child, and then was dating some older married guy who basically just used her, and then moved in with this guy who had custody of 4 kids and became his free babysitter.
    Either or creative .

She is very pretty and that is important to her. She also seems to be concerned that her friends be pretty.
    or in ego block.

When she talks she ends every other sentence with, "yeah, right" in a way that makes it sound like she really means, "no, you're stupid." There is a bit of a sneer to her voice.
    That speaks against in ego block.

She kind of oversees conversations rather than taking part in them. She arranges gatherings (like bridal showers, etc.) and takes pride in getting the gatherings just right and making them beautiful and perfect, but then doesn't seem to enjoy being at them.
    The same. Suggests / rather than .

I think ESFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I think ESFp.
    Thank god!!! I was already thinking, "yeah, that could be me, ...mhmh... that too could be me... OMG! Is that how others perceive me?"
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kristiina

I don't follow you. Do you identify with the description? Then it might ne an indication that the person is ENFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Kri is saying is that she thought she recognized some of the qualities described in herself, leading her to believe that the manner in which other people perceive this person may be similar to how others view her; something she, apparently, wasn't too excited about.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With my comments:

She is maybe 23. She is very dependant on being in a relationship. (I have never been alone for too long.) I don't know if that's due to some personal issue or personality type. But she got pregnant by this guy who wasn't very good for her at 17, and had a child, and then was dating some older married guy who basically just used her, and then moved in with this guy who had custody of 4 kids and became his free babysitter. (That could happen to anyone. )

She went to nursing school but then hated being a nurse. I don't know what she's doing for employment now. (No surprise! Nurses have to touch people, etc. I can see myself deciding to do a job that means I have to overcome myself in the future)

She is very pretty and that is important to her. She also seems to be concerned that her friends be pretty. (I want to be very pretty. Really really... And I wouldn't hang out with people who don't take care of how they look or smell. It's not my fault that the smell of dirty hair makes me feel really nauseous.)

When she talks she ends every other sentence with, "yeah, right" in a way that makes it sound like she really means, "no, you're stupid." There is a bit of a sneer to her voice. ("Yeah!... Yeah... Mhmh. Exactly, yeah..." Oh no! Maybe people think I'm just being fake and mean. I think 1/3 or i/4 of the people find it really annoying. They look at me in such a way. And I keep trying to be sarcastic. I say things like, "As if!" and "Yeah! Of course!" in a raised pitch, so people know I don't mean it.)

She kind of oversees conversations rather than taking part in them. ( I'm often rather shy about talking, because I can't see the difference between friend topics and small-talk. I just say a few words, I agree or hold my tongue. I'm still curious about the people, so I observe them. I see how they react to things and I try to understand their inner world. I try to look very shy, but I guess I might actually look like I'm just eavesdropping and staring.) She arranges gatherings (like bridal showers, etc.) and takes pride in getting the gatherings just right and making them beautiful and perfect, but then doesn't seem to enjoy being at them. (... awww... yeah. I want everyone to have fun and I try to plan everything, so I tend to over-plan. When the party starts, I'm still finishing up things in the kitchen or running back and forth between smaller groups... I might look busy in stead of having fun.)

Any ideas? I know it isn't much information but this isn't someone I see all the time.
    yeah, Gilligan pretty much got it right, although these are not really the things that others blame me about. These are the things I see in myself. I think I have some bad traits and I hope people don't notice them, but that description had quite many traits that I worry about. I don't really know how others feel about me, but I try to read their opinions from their reactions to things.

Like for example - When I happen to walk rather close to some guy in my class, and he doesn't start walking slower (to give us a bigger distance), I read that he hasn't placed me in the category - "the weird girl in my class, I hope she doesn't start talking.".
    And I felt really pleasant when I had to give a presentation and people were very polite and didn't whisper or talk... It was like a signal, "we have all faith in your ability to give a decent presentation. And don't worry about it. We won't bite.". When I made a mistake, they smiled openly, they didn't giggle. That shows me where they place me - which social status I have.

The girl in the description could be an ENFj who is trying too hard.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she's an ENFj, she's the daughter of an ISTp and an ENFp . . . which might make her a little uncomfortable.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she's an ENFj, she's the daughter of an ISTp and an ENFp . . . which might make her a little uncomfortable.
    That's not as bad as an ENFj being the daugher of ISFp (supervisor) and ESTj (super-ego).
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFp
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    ENFj could be possible by the sound of it.
    ENFJ for me too, but I would like a pic (a nice one if possible
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.