Thread: INFJ and conspiracy theories

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFJ and conspiracy theories

Sometime on MBTI forum there was meme that was circulating, saying INFJ was known for being sometime adherent to conspiracy theory.

Is this something more socionical INFJ or INFP ?

I personnally think INFj are more than often trying to debunk these theory (as debunking fake news and the likes) but sometime trust moderatly some of them.

I'm a follower of anti psychiatry sub reddit, and I feel like often ppl that I type delta (often ESTj or INFj) on these board have a temperated POV, trying to avoid reffering to things like big pharma complot, new world order, view like total inexistance of illness like schizophrenia, etc, but still somewhat agree on the fact that diagnosis are semi scientifical, some theories pushed by psychiatry can be put on question, and be somewhat paranoid about the fact there is strong financial interest behind this medecine wich tend for example to falsifiate studies, FDA approvment, etc.
    I don't know wich type to assimilate to the extremist version of complotism. I know there is a ESTP in France who have MAJORLY fallen for conspiracism (about Zionism, he seem paranoid about Jewish religion), perhaps it's an Ni things, dunno.

Anyway, as EII, have you yourself some POV wich can be close to conspiracy theories ?
    Any chance any of you want to discuss anti psychiatry (wich is more in my mind how do you view psychiatry)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't think type is necessarily akin to believing in conspiracy theories as any type can be immersed with them. However, some types may be more susceptible in believing it or discrediting it more than others though. EII struck me as the type more likely to discredit conspiracy theories than believe in it also or at the very least have a more neutral outlook on it.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience EII can have a distorted or unusual view of reality. Sometimes ideology takes over, or strange narratives. Suggestive Te can "know" lots of things...
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EJArendee once described Ti as "conspiracy theory logic." Also, according to Gulenko's cognitive styles article, involutionary types are more likely to believe in conspiracies. That means that Alpha Js and Beta Ps are going to be some of the biggest conspiracy nuts around if all that is true. Beta Js like conspiracies too, but they come off as more "balanced."

The reason Ti has been called conspiracy theory logic is the fact that Ti is self-referential, internal logic. It finds some of its purest expression in people with Te PoLR. Ti there is often Byzantine or baroque, extremely complex and lacking in any external referent. That allows for the possibility of becoming extremely disjointed from reality. On the other side, it allows for Te polrs the potential to access "truth" when it isn't available to anyone else. Ti is logic that is simply built upon itself. As EJArendee said, kind of, a castle or floating island in the sky. It isn't necessarily the case that Ti adheres to some logical ruleset, or if it does, the rules are individual and unique--not the rules of formal logic that people normally think of when they think "logic."

That said, IEIs are much more likely to be conspiracy theorists than EIIs. EIIs can believe some odd stuff, like aliens or whatever, but that's based more on Ne and it isn't taken as seriously. And they don't really use logic when they believe odd stuff. Their method is more feeling and intuition-based, depending on associations and one thing reminding them of another. Maybe. That's just hypothesis.

Te is conditioned, rote logic. Memory of facts and dynamic methods. Ti is unconditioned logic. Te polrs have to reconstruct the method/facts from scratch every time, so they aren't as fast or efficient as people who use Te, because they don't have Te memory. But they also aren't as blinded by conditioning. Once Ti learns itself, though, it can be blindingly efficient, even more than Te. (Note that Ti "learning itself" is a deceptively small metaphor. I don't know what's actually going on there, but it's probably a lot bigger and more significant than what I'm calling it.)

All the polrs involve an area in which conditioning someone is very difficult. That's why Te polrs have one hell of a mind of their own and can't be told anything, and why Fe polrs can't be conditioned to experience an "appropriate" emotional response--or it's rather difficult. The pain of the superego does not come from the information elements themselves, but from the social censure people give for not following them. The pain of the superid comes from "failing" at something one deeply values. One only tries at the superego because of external imposition, because one never really internalizes the value of those elements on the deepest level. If you want to know what your superego is, think about what you wouldn't do if you didn't have to do it.

Also keep in mind, though, that a sufficiently advanced information element can be indistinguishable from its counterpart, eg Te and Ti or Fe and Fi. Socionics is hard.

Beta:
    Bitches ain't shit and they ain't sayin' nothing
    A hundred motherfuckers can't tell me nothing
    Last edited by Aramas; 11-30-2018 at 08:37 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not much into conspiracy theories. Some of them can be interesting in an entertainment sort of way. Some of them are possibly, marginally plausible. It can be fun to dabble for a brief bit. But nothing has captivated me. I'm more likely to believe in implausible health and nutritional theories...
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There are and were groups of people who protect own interests, want more power and money, to change the world how they'd like. They group to achieve this and to help each other.

They may use religions, esoterics, political, ethical ideas or other as part of the activity, thinking and group's trait.

Some groups are widely known like Masonic groups. Some are not known widely. Smaller and larger clubs, organisations, agreements between people and groups. Many formats. The same people can be in several of them.
    Jew's religion has the idea that sometimes they'll get world power. Those who take the religion seriously may try to do this indeed.

Psychiatry is needed to those who think that people do not create "unofficial" and not-public groups for own aims.
    There can be wrong understanding of something and false fantasies. But the basis is reasonable.

More interest to info about groups seeking for power, money or esoterical usage should be at Se valued types.