Thread: Hey everybody

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey everybody

This is my first post ever on this site, which I'm pretty much just writing so I can gain full access . I'm an IEI who is very certain of my type(is that typical of IEIs?), and am looking forward to having many nerdy conversations with people about Socionics(I consider myself a bit of an expert).

Cheers!

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Welcome.
    Ni bases tend to be indecisive because of weak Se.

Haha I know they are, and I am quite indecisive I was making a bit of a joke, since I know it might be a little atypical

Thanks for responding to my post

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started studying Socionics a little over 5 years ago. I had known about Myers Briggs beforehand, but I used what is really the Keirsey method to type people, and knew almost nothing about the cognitive functions.
    I first heard about Socionics watching the YouTube videos of ejarendee. He deleted his channel a few years ago, but before then I think he was somewhat infamous in the typology community
    So I went and took the Socionics test, not knowing anything about what I was being tested on(now I can't even take it anymore, because I know exactly which cognitive functions/information elements I'm being asked about), and got IEI. When I read the description it was like a "wow yeah this really does sound like me" kind of thing. The more descriptions of IEI I read (Stratiyevskaya, Filatova, etc.) the more I became convinced it was my type. This had surprised me at first, because I had always typed as INFP in Myers Briggs, and from watching ejarendee's videos, I thought that to translate between the two it was a simple j/p switch for introverts. He had a video(since deleted) that I believe was titled "INFJ Imposters", in which he basically ranted about INFPs and said that if "you're an IEI in Socionics, you are an INFJ in Myers Briggs". I had watched several of his other videos where he bashed INFPs, and the whole time I thought he was talking about my type( LOL) . I was expecting to test as EII in Socionics, so when I got IEI I was like "wait a minute.. what?" Lol.
    Now it all makes sense to me and I know that I'm an IEI, and(to me) it doesn't matter what I am in Myers Briggs.
    I hope that wasn't too convoluted or hard to follow, but that's my story of how I discovered Socionics(: In the beginning I would spend hours reading articles on Wikisocion about all the different types and intertype relations. Now, to a certain degree, I feel that I've exhausted this topic for myself, but it is still a subject that I have a lot of interest in- hence me making a profile on this website.

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post

Most new members seem to only have begun their understanding into socionics. How have you been learning since you "consider [yourself] an expert"?
    I wrote a long answer responding to your question, but I forgot to "reply with quote" Lol I'm still learning how this site works.