Thread: phant100's questionnaire

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default phant100's questionnaire

(Title could be misleading but couldn't change it).

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I am a teacher. The perspective of working at the same place and on the same subject for fourty years was soothing.
    It turned out the job asks you to be ordered with your paperwork and to argue a lot with students about trivial matters. I don't enjoy these last two points.

What are your values, and why?

I'm not sure to have values. I don't judge people, I don't like when people are unnecessarily hurtful or aggressive. I can say I have some sort of disdain for everyday stuff. What people are doing seem to be a lot of hot air.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

I don't do much, I try to relax most of the time, to forget bad events that occurred during the day. I like chess and math : they're a delight for the mind; I enjoy the eternal aspect of these, they sound like a deep but indecipherable truth.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

I have good relationships with everyone I see often. If people are a pain to be around, I just avoid them. I don't create a big fuss for no reason, I'm easy to be around.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

I'm looking for exciting, funny conversations.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

I haven't had conflicts in a long time.

How would your friends describe you?

Reclusive, risk-averse, nice, funny, not social.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

Daily chores (can do them but thinking of doing them is painful), fighting or being confrontational (I can be only when moved by urgency).

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

Realistic one : being an excellent teacher. Unrealistic : finding the core of what makes the world what it is (why some things happen instead of some others).

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

Chess and math.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

Endearing : can't think of much.
    Annoying : being loud, talking without being funny or interesting, taking pride in being "responsible", people thinking they're good persons.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

I do nothing to manage or beautify my environment. Daily chores depress me.

How do you behave around strangers?

I don't talk.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

I answer nothing. What they say doesn't matter.

What did you do last Friday?

I don't remember, nothing noticeable probably (working aside).

What is your biggest accomplishment?

Can't think of anything.

What is something you regret?

Same.

Who do you admire, and why?

Nobody.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

Poor health.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?

No beliefs.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

I don't care at all about politics.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

I could start one but it would have to be something original, the only one of its kind.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

Tranquility, predictability but excitement. I like joking with my students or surprise them with the most unexpected things.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

I avoid responsibility. I think it is foolish to accept unneccesary responsibilities. For most of things, you can't tell in advance if you can do them.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

I don't go on vacations. I don't like travelling. My mind makes me travel already, I don't need to move.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?

I was an intelligent kid, very polite and considerate. I think I was an excellent friend. I don't consider myself intelligent anymore, and I don't care anymore about being intelligent.

What was your high school experience like?

Boring (but I laughed a lot which was good).

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I think they're a waste of space (no offense).

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

I choose something else to get. Or I become frustrated, and then enraged. I can become very disciplined and tenacious then.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

I don't care about leading. I won't do it in general because I don't feel knowledgable enough to do so.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

I never get angry. Unless people are wrong, don't understand why and start making fun of me because they think I'm wrong.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

Avoiding chores (professional ones).

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

Chores (boring stuff that has to be done but doesn't lead you anywhere).

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

Chess tournaments, and places where I could play competitive games with people.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

I dress in a classic way. Good stuff but nothing fancy.

Do you like surprises?

Yes.

Thank you in advance for your efforts.
    Last edited by phant100; 11-25-2018 at 09:40 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they sound like a deep but indecipherable truth.”

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I think they're a waste of space (no offense).

^ LOL

If you say stuff like this, you are probably IEI. In any case, you are introverted and I hope that you’re my dual.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jumble mess of answers, no image formed in my mind. Faint ili/iei suggestion.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input. Feel free to ask me questions.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you like it rough and active, or soft and tender?

Do you expect reciprocation?

Tell us what you think of each function of the eight.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These answers are too terse - we need more info about your motivations and how you think. Like why do you like chess and math? Why don't you care about politics? What concerns you about your health (if it's not too personal)?

Although, the very fact that you answered so tersely already suggests some possible types.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back to answer (some of) your questions.

About the functions : there are many definitions of those. I'll just tell you how I can relate to sensing which seems to inspire me at the moment.

Si : I hate discomfort, and also the thought of discomfort. It is something I'll always try to avoid. If it happens, I feel helpless. I can remind myself sitting on a bad chair for a whole day during some training course. It wasn't horrible, but it looked like I was the only one who couldn't focus because of this. Also, I can't stand staying in dirty, unhygienic places. If you spit on me when you talk I won't say anything but I'll look irritated and feel some inner anger.
    I kind of neglect sensory pleasure and have some contempt towards people who can sit and enjoy a meal for hours. At the same time, I'm conscious that sensory pleasure relaxes me.

Se : In RPGs, I always choose the biggest character with some huge armors and weapons, and go hard into battle as soon as I can. In real life, I wish I was the most powerful (even if doesn't mean much), the bearer of some great power. But the only power I can see isn't the absolute one I seek but some relative thing, hardly noticeable, and, most importantly, not important enough to fight for. Almost nothing is worth fighting for, and people who take pride in their position are fools.
    I'm not good with my hands, I never wanted to be. Building a shelf ? Who gives a shit about shelves ?!
    I love adrenaline when it's safe (starcraft, blitz chess, fencing, poker), but would never engage in extreme sports (I am an absolute wimp with those).
    I am quite afraid to have a bad performance and it gives me cold feet quite often.
    (this paragraph make me look like an asshole, that's why I never say such things in public).

I hope you'll have less trouble making a decision, if not, I might come back for more.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phant100 View Post
    I'm back to answer (some of) your questions.

About the functions : there are many definitions of those. I'll just tell you how I can relate to sensing which seems to inspire me at the moment.

Si : I hate discomfort, and also the thought of discomfort. It is something I'll always try to avoid. If it happens, I feel helpless. I can remind myself sitting on a bad chair for a whole day during some training course. It wasn't horrible, but it looked like I was the only one who couldn't focus because of this. Also, I can't stand staying in dirty, unhygienic places. If you spit on me when you talk I won't say anything but I'll look irritated and feel some inner anger.
    I kind of neglect sensory pleasure and have some contempt towards people who can sit and enjoy a meal for hours. At the same time, I'm conscious that sensory pleasure relaxes me.

Se : In RPGs, I always choose the biggest character with some huge armors and weapons, and go hard into battle as soon as I can. In real life, I wish I was the most powerful (even if doesn't mean much), the bearer of some great power. But the only power I can see isn't the absolute one I seek but some relative thing, hardly noticeable, and, most importantly, not important enough to fight for. Almost nothing is worth fighting for, and people who take pride in their position are fools.
    I'm not good with my hands, I never wanted to be. Building a shelf ? Who gives a shit about shelves ?!
    I love adrenaline when it's safe (starcraft, blitz chess, fencing, poker), but would never engage in extreme sports (I am an absolute wimp with those).
    I am quite afraid to have a bad performance and it gives me cold feet quite often.
    (this paragraph make me look like an asshole, that's why I never say such things in public).

I hope you'll have less trouble making a decision, if not, I might come back for more.
    The more you give us the more accurate the results would be. So far it could be EIE but am not sure. There is not enough to triangulate the correct answer from. To avoid possible personal bias.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne : One of the most important things in my life is novelty. That is why I'm so interested in chess and math : they're the only things that bring me new patterns. Everything else seems like a repetition of the same patterns, again and again. When someone makes a joke that is too obvious, or even makes a comment which is obvious, then I have a bad opinion of the said person.
    Meanwhile, I'm interested in close to nothing else than chess and math.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I was hesitating between LII and ILI.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@phant100 ILI is possible too. The main things seem to be low Fe and high Ni. A definitive diagnosis requires more information, e.g. a video.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have the equipment to make a video. How to decide between both types ?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have the equipment to make a video. How to decide between both types ?
    You could look at the valued functions, in particular the superid. Do you value a warm, light-hearted atmosphere (FeSi) or do you tend to judge people's character harshly (FiSe)?

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics Delta ST ie either SLI or LSE. Could be LSE-Si.

Caution: may self-test as a false N on MBTI influenced tests.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You could look at the valued functions, in particular the superid. Do you value a warm, light-hearted atmosphere (FeSi) or do you tend to judge people's character harshly (FiSe)?
    I wanted to answer FeSi, but actually I can relate to neither. I remember not being able to join light-hearted atmospheres. I think I look (or am) too serious for those. At the same time, if someone offends me and comes back to talk to me, I'll behave like nothing happened. I'm really forgiving.
    I do believe some people are bastards (typically when they lack tolerance or when they're aggressive). But I don't judge negatively someone because of his incompetence. I'm not sure FiSe is out of question though.
    Well, I don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Socionics Delta ST ie either SLI or LSE. Could be LSE-Si.

Caution: may self-test as a false N on MBTI influenced tests.
    I wish I was LSE, their lives seem better than mine.
    Edit : my phrasing somehow implies that I think you're wrong, that's not the case, I just believe that's unlikely. For now.

Some additions thay might help :

-I don't like seeing my colleagues at work, because when I do I force myself to smile and to show some fake enthusiasm to what they say (with some "oooh", "aah"), it is very tiresome. Also, I tend to say useless stuff to appear more sympathetic (I always regret doing that), and that makes me uncomfortable.
    -When I meet new people sometimes, I know instantly that we're going to have a good contact : we're both very responsive to the face movements and tone of each other. A link beyond words is made.
    -In my opinion people are cold to me, but I sometimes realize that I'm probably much colder than them (even though I see myself as soft).
    -I have very little physical energy. It regenerates with time but I burn it all in half an hour by running, or playing some video game.
    -I'm often uncomfortable when working in a group. I have trouble contributing, and I just become passive, just saying the obvious in three words sentences when they don't catch it.
    -Seeing someone taking the lead and being inefficient builds anger in me. If I become sufficiently (very, very) angry I take the lead (doesn't happen often).
    -I see my life as empty. A few weeks ago I got lost in a place I didn't know. It was cold, misty, there was nobody. I had to find my way back quickly (I had to be somewhere). It was kind of a little adventure, I liked that (I arrived on time by the way).
    -I tried to learn computer science a few times already. I couldn't get hooked. It felt like too many details.
    -I want to find something and devote myself to that thing entirely. I think.
    -When asked a question, I answer very quickly, sometimes so quickly that I must give the opposite answer two seconds later. I'me very quick to move and act in general.
    -I don't like it when people don't mind their own business. When given advice about my work or an important decision, I might answer "shut up, I know what I have to do", a bit angry.
    Last edited by phant100; 12-16-2018 at 06:27 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been considering sensing types recently (I never did before because I'm pretty bad at memorizing figures or exact sentences, but I easily remember the meaning of things, also I'm quite clumsy). I might be ESI. Or not at all.
    Last edited by phant100; 12-19-2018 at 06:00 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're considering a sensing type it would have to be SLI (again due to the terseness and almost complete lack of Fe). But it seems somewhat less likely.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're considering a sensing type it would have to be SLI (again due to the terseness and almost complete lack of Fe). But it seems somewhat less likely.
    After reading the descriptions I can tell SLI wouldn't make any sense at all. My dad is SLI probably. I could understand having Se or Si POLR but I doubt having Fe POLR. I can't tolerate a bad ambiance and I think I'm careful not to create one (if it has anything to do with Fe POLR, but you can read anything and its contrary about it). And at the same time, I'm probably not "stubborn and inflexible" (as written in a LII description). I also don't believe in fairness at all.
    By the way, I've tried to read Balzac but couldn't handle all his detailed descriptions of places. His books look like a waste of time (for me).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading the descriptions I can tell SLI wouldn't make any sense at all. My dad is SLI probably. I could understand having Se or Si POLR but I doubt having Fe POLR. I can't tolerate a bad ambiance and I think I'm careful not to create one (if it has anything to do with Fe POLR, but you can read anything and its contrary about it). And at the same time, I'm probably not "stubborn and inflexible" (as written in a LII description). I also don't believe in fairness at all.
    By the way, I've tried to read Balzac but couldn't handle all his detailed descriptions of places. His books look like a waste of time (for me).
    I don't think LIIs are "stubborn and inflexible" by and large. They have creative Ne after all.

What do you mean you don't believe in fairness?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think LIIs are "stubborn and inflexible" by and large. They have creative Ne after all.

What do you mean you don't believe in fairness?
    Well, it is just that fairness isn't something I should even try to achieve, because I can't judge what is fair and what isn't. Efficiency, sporadically, is easier to evaluate (of course, you need a metric). To evaluate fairness, you have to account for multiple metrics, which are not necessarily convertible to each other.
    But I am in no way a specialist on that matter, nor fond of the subject.
    I also have to say that english isn't my first language, and that I may have misinterpreted the meaning of "fairness" conveyed by the author.
    Last edited by phant100; 12-29-2018 at 04:36 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,
    Just a heads-up : I'm now quite confident in being LII.